Third Place Up for Grabs

Starcrossed
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 7:25am
Tomac & Dungey have fulfilled all preseason predictions and appear to be the class of the field. A few injuries and early mishaps have claimed a few guys already but the battle for third has Anderson, Peick, & Baggett separated by one point. Which of these three is most likely to hold down the position after GH? Can Roczen, Barcia, or Pourcel factor in?
|
moscrop940
5/18/2015 12:11am
Tomac & Dungey have fulfilled all preseason predictions and appear to be the class of the field. A few injuries and early mishaps have claimed a...
Tomac & Dungey have fulfilled all preseason predictions and appear to be the class of the field. A few injuries and early mishaps have claimed a few guys already but the battle for third has Anderson, Peick, & Baggett separated by one point. Which of these three is most likely to hold down the position after GH? Can Roczen, Barcia, or Pourcel factor in?
I have to respectfully disagree.

It is extremely difficult to judge the "class of the field" from round 1.

To consider, even for a moment, discounting the reigning champ because of injury is foolhardy. If Roczen can get healthy he will be in the top 3 every weekend.

Also if we want to break people into "classes" after round 1, Dungey isn't in Tomacs....Dungey isn't even in the same school.....Tomac wiped him up by a minute and a half.

Dungey has more in the tank, as do a few other guys....it's going to be a great season.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
5/18/2015 12:54am
tomac, dungey, bagget. stamped
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/18/2015 1:08am
After watching the race, if this had been RC out there i would say TOMAC all the way, but tomac has a history of being inconsistent. Heck even martin struggled to a degree after the opeing rounds last year.

i dont see him dominating every round but hes my pick for the title. My dark horse is Pourcel, he was silky smooth but not fast for obvious reasons. If he does I forsee him doing more damage than last year
fidiot
5/18/2015 5:20am
Dang. One race completed and people already calling it.

The Shop

motomike137
5/18/2015 5:30am
fidiot wrote:
It's funny how we go into every new series thinking that this is the year that the field is DEEP and then boom! It all boils down to a couple of guys in each class really quickly. I see potential comers and goers in the 250 class but who is really going to challenge Marv and JMart over the whole season? And in the 450 class with Roczen very questionable and down more than a moto already who the hell is going to run with Eli and Dungey on a regular basis?
neysbo
5/18/2015 5:40am
I definitely see Pourcel getting up there and battling for podiums, he looked dang good for how little he has been on that bike. I would think Barcia as well but he does not seem to be real comfortable on the Yamaha and yet Peick is killing it on same bike. Just totally different riding styles.

Roczen for sure will battle for podiums and wins if he can get healthy.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/18/2015 5:50am
From what i saw on tv Anderson did not look good in the second moto, while Peick and Bagget were charging hard. Ill take strong finishers in the outdoors over strong starters.

If Roczen's back doesnt improve significantly i dont expect to see him at highpoint when I go there in june. Sucks to say that and i feel bad for the guy running the number 1 plate to have a bad season but i would hate for the kid to do permament damage to his back trying to race.
h&m_cycle
5/18/2015 6:48am
fidiot wrote:
Well it's pretty clear that there are 4 riders better then anyone else... Can others win, yeah, if things go just right...

1st. tier
Dungey
Tomac
Canard
Roczen

2nd. tier
Bagget
Anderson
Seely
Peick
Reed

Starcrossed
5/18/2015 7:25am
Baggett worked his way up to within a bike length of taking 3rd from Peick in the second moto and had a couple laps to get by him, which would have put him in third for the day, but never made the move. Both of these guys outperformed Anderson in moto 2, who earned the overall podium based on a great finish in moto 1. Pourcel, on a new bike, may turn some heads yet in the 450 class. Roczen obviously has an injury but will hopefully return to form, but its not a long series. Not giving it away to anybody, just like to see what everybody is thinking after the first showdown outdoors.

Post a reply to: Third Place Up for Grabs

The Latest