Think REM has no jumps?

The Rock
5/24/2016 11:46am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2016 8:34am
Think again

There is something for everyone at REM. If you haven't experienced REM yet take advantage of it.

You won't regret it.
|
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
5/24/2016 12:12pm
I'm sure I'd love REM if I was in SoCal, but for some of the company. But it is irrelevent to me and 99.9% of the other people here who have their own local tracks to choose from and don't live within an hour or two.
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
5/24/2016 12:16pm
Stupid question of the year. What is REM an acronym for?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
5/24/2016 12:20pm
hartebreak wrote:
Real Easy Motocross

The Shop

MBR
5/24/2016 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 12:21pm
This is me in a REM race last year, so I'm pretty sure there is jumps.

Torco1
5/24/2016 12:23pm
I believe its, "Rapid Eye Movement"
abn166
5/24/2016 12:29pm
MBR wrote:
This is me in a REM race last year, so I'm pretty sure there is jumps. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/24/136492/s1200_Not_cleared_for_landing.jpg[/img]

So how bad did you hurt the guy below when you landed on him?Cool I believe REM is Racing Enterprise Motocross.
The Rock
5/24/2016 12:32pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Real Easy Motocross
Obvious sign you've never raced REM before.

I don't know for sure but can guess you don't lift either bro
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
5/24/2016 12:47pm
hartebreak wrote:
TriRacer27 wrote:
Real Easy Motocross
GrinningGrinningGrinning
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
52nd
5/24/2016 12:51pm
Super fun track that does a great job with prep and design (better than national track maybe?). Unfortunately, way over-hyped unless you live in that particular area of Socal or are an MXA hanger-on.
5/24/2016 12:54pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Real Easy Motocross
The Rock wrote:
Obvious sign you've never raced REM before.

I don't know for sure but can guess you don't lift either bro
REM jobs.
Motoxdoc
5/24/2016 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 1:07pm
You don't need to sell me on the greatest MX promotor in the world! I would be there every weekend if I wasn't financially strapped! I won't consider my life a success until I can race MX whenever I want (which is everytime REM is racing....40+ times/year) on a reasonably competitive bike. I've got the bike (rebuilt with a never-been-riddin cylinder and top end), but mortgage and other bills take precedence. Shitty times right now for me, but at least the upper class and corporations are doing better than ever....so there's THAT!

Racing Enterprise Motocross.....I think. Which would make REM motocross a bit redundant.
BAD10
5/24/2016 1:14pm
MBR wrote:
This is me in a REM race last year, so I'm pretty sure there is jumps. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/24/136492/s1200_Not_cleared_for_landing.jpg[/img]

That pic doesn't prove anything because its taken on the main national track, which i know they use on rare occasion. The usual REM track is off to the left on the other hill. I raced REM almost every Saturday for many years, and historically speaking there were never any jumps worth talking about. Very small. I haven't been there in a few years, so maybe things have changed a bit, but I doubt much, as I know big jumps are out of Franks moto philosophy. Dont get me wrong, I always had a great time there, but in no way was it what you'd consider jumpy. I always enjoyed the technical nature and the hills though.
twizzler
5/24/2016 1:49pm
Why does a mx track need jumps?
Stuntman949
5/24/2016 1:52pm
MBR wrote:

BAD10 wrote:
That pic doesn't prove anything because its taken on the main national track, which i know they use on rare occasion. The usual REM track is...
That pic doesn't prove anything because its taken on the main national track, which i know they use on rare occasion. The usual REM track is off to the left on the other hill. I raced REM almost every Saturday for many years, and historically speaking there were never any jumps worth talking about. Very small. I haven't been there in a few years, so maybe things have changed a bit, but I doubt much, as I know big jumps are out of Franks moto philosophy. Dont get me wrong, I always had a great time there, but in no way was it what you'd consider jumpy. I always enjoyed the technical nature and the hills though.
Ding ding ding! Luckily the layout changes every so often, but the tower table and the hill table are usually the only times you (intentionally) leave the ground. Paying to practice AND race certainly sucks, but having the option to race almost every weekend does not.
HackMan162
5/24/2016 2:11pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
You don't need to sell me on the greatest MX promotor in the world! I would be there every weekend if I wasn't financially strapped! I...
You don't need to sell me on the greatest MX promotor in the world! I would be there every weekend if I wasn't financially strapped! I won't consider my life a success until I can race MX whenever I want (which is everytime REM is racing....40+ times/year) on a reasonably competitive bike. I've got the bike (rebuilt with a never-been-riddin cylinder and top end), but mortgage and other bills take precedence. Shitty times right now for me, but at least the upper class and corporations are doing better than ever....so there's THAT!

Racing Enterprise Motocross.....I think. Which would make REM motocross a bit redundant.
C'mon Ian...everyone knows youre a baller....
newmann
5/24/2016 2:18pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
You don't need to sell me on the greatest MX promotor in the world! I would be there every weekend if I wasn't financially strapped! I...

You sound mad at someone and want to take it out on us? 8 years of Hope and Change and it's shitty times?

Tongue

I on the other hand am so pressed for time with work that I can't sneak away to go anywhere cool like Glen Helen. Made it there back in 2002 and took in a little So Cal moto and had a blast. Would love to be able to trek on out there with the motorhome and ride some of the tracks for a month or so. One day, one day.....oh well, back to work.

Cudby from the REM side, correct?

Titan1
5/24/2016 2:30pm
twizzler wrote:
No kidding...if there was an actual true natural terrain mx series, I'd start racing moto again.
Robgvx
5/24/2016 2:43pm
Racing Enterprises Motocross? Or something like that.

I'm a Brit and I've raced with REM and I can thoroughly recommend it. Smooth running, few rules, nice, fun, safe track and very sociable people. And you're all done by just after lunchtime. To me it's what all local motocross should be like.

newmann
5/24/2016 2:48pm
Robgvx wrote:
Racing Enterprises Motocross? Or something like that. I'm a Brit and I've raced with REM and I can thoroughly recommend it. Smooth running, few rules, nice...
Racing Enterprises Motocross? Or something like that.

I'm a Brit and I've raced with REM and I can thoroughly recommend it. Smooth running, few rules, nice, fun, safe track and very sociable people. And you're all done by just after lunchtime. To me it's what all local motocross should be like.

Sounds like our vintage/evo/vet group we used to have going here in the Houston area. Got the track to ourselves, just enough classes to make a good day, seven lap motos and done and gone early. Sucks when life gets in the way of having fun!Smile
Motoxdoc
5/24/2016 4:45pm
newmann wrote:
You sound mad at someone and want to take it out on us? 8 years of Hope and Change and it's shitty times? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/24/136494/s1200_images.jpg[/img] :P I...
You sound mad at someone and want to take it out on us? 8 years of Hope and Change and it's shitty times?

Tongue

I on the other hand am so pressed for time with work that I can't sneak away to go anywhere cool like Glen Helen. Made it there back in 2002 and took in a little So Cal moto and had a blast. Would love to be able to trek on out there with the motorhome and ride some of the tracks for a month or so. One day, one day.....oh well, back to work.

LOL...Who do you think I'm mad at?....and who is "us"? You jump to conclusions a lot. I'm not mad....just unhappy that I can't afford to race whenever I want.

"8 years of Hope and Change and it's shitty times?"......Hope and change ended with McConnell's speech, the day after Pres Obama was elected. That's what a congress bent on paralyzing the country to make a president look bad can do.

It has been said that you can judge a person by who they quote.....and you choose Charles Barkley. Dry
Titan1
5/24/2016 4:57pm
newmann wrote:
You sound mad at someone and want to take it out on us? 8 years of Hope and Change and it's shitty times? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/24/136494/s1200_images.jpg[/img] :P I...

Tongue

Motoxdoc wrote:
LOL...Who do you think I'm mad at?....and who is "us"? You jump to conclusions a lot. I'm not mad....just unhappy that I can't afford to race...
LOL...Who do you think I'm mad at?....and who is "us"? You jump to conclusions a lot. I'm not mad....just unhappy that I can't afford to race whenever I want.

"8 years of Hope and Change and it's shitty times?"......Hope and change ended with McConnell's speech, the day after Pres Obama was elected. That's what a congress bent on paralyzing the country to make a president look bad can do.

It has been said that you can judge a person by who they quote.....and you choose Charles Barkley. Dry
Didn't the democrats have control of congress-both the house and the senate-when Obama was elected? That's right, they did! "Hope and Change" was a campaign slogan and nothing more...I'm sorry you bought into the lie.

I'd never heard it said about judging a person by who they quote...And so I just googled "you can judge a person by who they quote"...and came up with nothing??? I'm pretty sure that's never been said before. At least by anyone but you.
smoothwakey
Fantasy
200th
5/24/2016 5:02pm
The Rock wrote:
Think again [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/24/136488/s1200_image.jpg[/img] There is something for everyone at REM. If you haven't experienced REM yet take advantage of it. You won't regret it.
Think again

There is something for everyone at REM. If you haven't experienced REM yet take advantage of it.

You won't regret it.
This guy should learn to corner before he hits big jumps...
Big jumps are dangerous and need to be removed ...
All you guys love big air but it will ruin the sport of motocross..
(Insert other extreme opinions held by The Rock here)
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
5/24/2016 5:09pm
Look he does smile !

BobPA
5/24/2016 5:13pm
twizzler wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
No kidding...if there was an actual true natural terrain mx series, I'd start racing moto again.
To keep you old cry babies off the track. Wink
Titan1
5/24/2016 5:18pm
twizzler wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
To keep you old cry babies off the track. Wink
Lol...well, it's working. And I'm not even that old.
visser62
5/24/2016 7:20pm
Did this thread seriously get political?
DPR250R
5/24/2016 7:37pm
visser62 wrote:
Did this thread seriously get political?
Fuckin seriously...
The Rock
5/24/2016 10:40pm
What's that expression this thread has jumped the tank?

The Rock
5/24/2016 10:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 10:59pm
newmann wrote:

Tongue

Seriously Joe? Motoxdoc's post was devoid of politics and you come back with that? He was speaking the truth about where the majority of new wealth is going and also made zero reference to any political party.

Why don't we pick this up in Non Moto?

Post a reply to: Think REM has no jumps?

The Latest