Think KTM will let USA riders nix Cairoli's chance?

500guy
Edited Date/Time 7/14/2015 2:32am
AC seems stronger every week,it seems He will be back winning soon.

The points indicate if Cairoli gets to winning it still will be close at Glen Helen.

I just don't see KTM letting the USA based riders mess that title chance up.
|
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/12/2015 10:27pm
Each rider for himself... I don't see team tactics happening

Josh Grant will be a threat to win that race, you can STAMP IT now.
7/12/2015 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2015 10:39pm
langhammx wrote:
Each rider for himself... I don't see team tactics happening

Josh Grant will be a threat to win that race, you can STAMP IT now.
Josh Grant will likely not be a threat to win at GH, but it will be interesting to see Dungey go at it with the world's best on his home turf.
kongols
7/12/2015 10:37pm
That is if he`s still racing come GP of USA. There is big chance he will be forced to call it a season.
7/12/2015 10:37pm
As long as AC ends ahead of Fevre he's got a chance, just depends how many riders can top Fevre, I don't think many at the moment, the kid is on fire!

The Shop

jevyguy
7/12/2015 10:38pm
I sure wish Tomac was around for this one...and all the others in between
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/12/2015 10:41pm
kongols wrote:
That is if he`s still racing come GP of USA. There is big chance he will be forced to call it a season.
He's been doing motos regularly. His speed @ Glen Helen is and has always been incredible. He's not "calling it quits" just yet. If the plan comes together, you'll see him @ the GP, if not sooner.
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
7/12/2015 10:42pm
kongols wrote:
Bummer if that is true. He did pretty good today though. I would rather he gets better though if he is hurt really bad though. As much as I would like to see him race in the US, I would much rather he be healthy. Big fan of him.
kongols
7/12/2015 10:57pm
kongols wrote:
langhammx wrote:
He's been doing motos regularly. His speed @ Glen Helen is and has always been incredible. He's not "calling it quits" just yet. If the plan...
He's been doing motos regularly. His speed @ Glen Helen is and has always been incredible. He's not "calling it quits" just yet. If the plan comes together, you'll see him @ the GP, if not sooner.
Who are you talking about?
RG1
7/12/2015 11:05pm
It will be interesting if it ends up in a situation where one of the U.S. based KTM riders can hand Cairoli the title by letting him through. Lot of things need to happen before it gets to that point though. If it keeps going as it is Febvre may have it wrapped up by then
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/12/2015 11:13pm
kongols wrote:
langhammx wrote:
He's been doing motos regularly. His speed @ Glen Helen is and has always been incredible. He's not "calling it quits" just yet. If the plan...
kongols wrote:
Oops... Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. I was talking about Josh Grant. My bad !!
wwoberg
7/13/2015 3:42am
I don't see Dungey impacting the championship. If it does get that close, KTM will either sit him out altogether or he will take on his own to not impact the final result.
7/13/2015 3:52am
Like I said in another topic. Yes Cairoli can win races, but Febvre has won 7 of the last 11 races. He's dominant...
7/13/2015 4:05am
Like I said in another topic. Yes Cairoli can win races, but Febvre has won 7 of the last 11 races. He's dominant...
if Febvre keeps it going , doesnt crash he is the man for this years title ... but so far they all had some problems , its 6 GP's to go and 12 motos .. Cairoli despite being hurt is still up there at 41 points behind ....
IWreckALot
7/13/2015 4:40am
kongols wrote:
langhammx wrote:
kongols wrote:
I'm not sure what he's talking about but the use of the "@" symbol is a little odd. It's two keystrokes to write the word "at" and two keystrokes to write the symbol "@". . . That's all I could think about when I read his post.
IWreckALot
7/13/2015 4:41am
wwoberg wrote:
I don't see Dungey impacting the championship. If it does get that close, KTM will either sit him out altogether or he will take on his...
I don't see Dungey impacting the championship. If it does get that close, KTM will either sit him out altogether or he will take on his own to not impact the final result.
This is what I believe too. Dungey, Decoster and all the KTMer's on the other side of the pond have the bigger picture in sight. With Dungey not doing the MXDN, I could see him also not doing the GP.
7/13/2015 6:51am
500guy wrote:
AC seems stronger every week,it seems He will be back winning soon. The points indicate if Cairoli gets to winning it still will be close at...
AC seems stronger every week,it seems He will be back winning soon.

The points indicate if Cairoli gets to winning it still will be close at Glen Helen.

I just don't see KTM letting the USA based riders mess that title chance up.
It's just as likely the US KTM riders will help Cairoli rather than hurt him.

AC has won at Glen Helen before, he has the advantage over Febvre. AC could easily podium while Febvre gets shuffled behind the US riders somewhere 7-12 assuming 5-10 fast americans actually show up including the 250f guys who will ride 450s.

Not saying this will happen, but I see it as a more likely scenario than the US riders harming AC's chances.

Tumblin
7/13/2015 6:59am
I'd believe KTM may also stack the field. The way its looking Tony is going to need some riders in between coming down the stretch.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/13/2015 7:31am
Why not? I don't see the championship being that close by the time they race at GH.
So let's say tony is 15-20 points back, he can only make them up by beating Febvre and having many people in between
Sideways
7/13/2015 7:42am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2015 7:42am
It's just as likely the US KTM riders will help Cairoli rather than hurt him. AC has won at Glen Helen before, he has the advantage...

AC has won at Glen Helen before, he has the advantage over Febvre. AC could easily podium while Febvre gets shuffled behind the US riders somewhere 7-12 assuming 5-10 fast americans actually show up including the 250f guys who will ride 450s.

Not saying this will happen, but I see it as a more likely scenario than the US riders harming AC's chances.

Febvre shuffled between 7-12? Yeah right... Dungey is the only american that MIGHT be ahead of him. No other.
mjskier
7/13/2015 7:58am
Sideways wrote:
Febvre shuffled between 7-12? Yeah right... Dungey is the only american that MIGHT be ahead of him. No other.
I agree.
The first time I thought "who is this Febvre" dude was when he was battling with RV2.
So if he gets a good start, I don't see many people capable of shuffling him to 7-12.
BobPA
7/13/2015 8:01am
I just hope they are still healthy by the time Glen Helen rolls around.
Crush
7/13/2015 8:08am
AC has to make up 3.41 points a moto... As stacked, weird and injury riddled as the year has been, it's still on, especially as Febvre is a rookie who hasn't been in title contention before...
Tumblin
7/13/2015 8:25am
It's just as likely the US KTM riders will help Cairoli rather than hurt him. AC has won at Glen Helen before, he has the advantage...

Sideways wrote:
Its moto dude, it can and will happen again and again.
Marvin, Short, Hill, Brayton can all do damage.
jeffro503
7/13/2015 8:26am
Febvre is definitely the man to beat this year. It was nice seeing Coldenhoff find his stride this past weekend too. Also GP21 seems to of found some good settings for that Honda and is looking good , along with Borby.

On AC , that guy has more true grit than just about any racer I've seen in years. One of the reasons I've always been a big fan of his. He'll fight till the end I bet.
7/13/2015 8:28am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2015 8:34am

Sideways wrote:
Febvre is a badass, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the podium. On a neutral track with fair weather I would put Febvre in the Dunge Barcia Roczen AC area but the american's have ridden glen helen countless times. Reed said he wanted to try and race it on the pulp show and I know he'd be rusty but he'd be motivated before MXDN, Dunge, Marvin, pourcel, Anderson, Dean Wilson possibly, whoever else shows up... in september it could be 75 degrees or it could be 105 degrees, I'm just saying it's just as likely in my eyes that the local depth of the field helps AC instead of hurting him.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/13/2015 8:37am
Sideways wrote:
Yep, the American fans are the only ones that talk crap here...
Starcrossed
7/13/2015 8:41am
Field depth favors the better rider. If AC isn't riding better than Febvre by this time, it won't matter anyway. Dungey will be there and win a moto. Can't wait for this event.
Sideways
7/13/2015 8:56am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2015 9:01am
yak651 wrote:
Yep, the American fans are the only ones that talk crap here...
Im not talking crap.. i dont think all the top us riders are racing? The fastest US guy racing is Dungey. He will for sure be in it to win it. The others are, jason andersson,Pourcel and a couple of others. They are fast but not as fast as Febvre. Do you really think so? Musquin might be fast, but it will be his first race on 450? Right? Offcourse he can have a crash but if not, he will not be shuffled to 7-12..
7/13/2015 8:58am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm not sure what he's talking about but the use of the "@" symbol is a little odd. It's two keystrokes to write the word "at"...
I'm not sure what he's talking about but the use of the "@" symbol is a little odd. It's two keystrokes to write the word "at" and two keystrokes to write the symbol "@". . . That's all I could think about when I read his post.
Unless he's on a phone.

Langhammx,

I figured your response was to me. Smile Anyway, yeah, I hope JG has some good rides if he races there. It could be a great opportunity for him to showcase his talents.
Flatliner
7/13/2015 9:48am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm not sure what he's talking about but the use of the "@" symbol is a little odd. It's two keystrokes to write the word "at"...
Unless he's on a phone. Langhammx, I figured your response was to me. :) Anyway, yeah, I hope JG has some good rides if he races...
Unless he's on a phone.

Langhammx,

I figured your response was to me. Smile Anyway, yeah, I hope JG has some good rides if he races there. It could be a great opportunity for him to showcase his talents.
That's the thing.... Everyone knows grant can pull a moto win every once in awhile. But he's older now and hasn't shown the raw speed this year.

Post a reply to: Think KTM will let USA riders nix Cairoli's chance?

The Latest