The top two riders of the weeknd....

jeffro503
I gotta say Max and Hunter.

Both those guys put in a hell of a ride in their races. Max has really come into his own , and really seems to excel in those muddy / sloppy conditions. And Hunter? Sheeesh....18 years old , first MXoN's race , and he just freakin' killed it. So awesome seeing team Aus go out there and do so well!

Overall....huge congrat's to Team France for 4 in a row! The Ducth and the Brit's! You guys piut on one hell of a show.

Team USA , Besides Zach.....we got some work to do.
|
Sully
10/1/2017 7:38pm
Agree on both. Anstie seemed to be in full on national pride mode this weekend, I don't think he was going to let anyone beat him.
tempura
10/1/2017 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 8:46pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I gotta say Max and Hunter. Both those guys put in a hell of a ride in their races. Max has really come into his own...
I gotta say Max and Hunter.

Both those guys put in a hell of a ride in their races. Max has really come into his own , and really seems to excel in those muddy / sloppy conditions. And Hunter? Sheeesh....18 years old , first MXoN's race , and he just freakin' killed it. So awesome seeing team Aus go out there and do so well!

Overall....huge congrat's to Team France for 4 in a row! The Ducth and the Brit's! You guys piut on one hell of a show.

Team USA , Besides Zach.....we got some work to do.
Nailed it, Jeffro
PressPassP
10/1/2017 8:51pm
Yes Max and Lawrence,can't leave out Charlier too,and Herlings was mighty impressive all weekend

The Shop

jeffro503
10/1/2017 9:00pm
PressPassP wrote:
Yes Max and Lawrence,can't leave out Charlier too,and Herlings was mighty impressive all weekend
For sure! All of them guys put in great rides!!

You know , another big praise goes to GBR for prepping an awesome race track to race on too. Day 1 was about as perfect as you can get. Day 2 , they couldn't do anything about the rain , and even though the track was a mess , it was about as good as anyone could have asked for. So big props to the track builders there.

Really bummed on where we finished , but I also hope this helps spark some life back into our Mx scene here. It just seems dead , and I'm not sure why.
visser62
10/1/2017 9:22pm
Let's also give some credit to Lupino. Holy shit, who saw that ride coming?
jeffro503
10/1/2017 9:25pm
visser62 wrote:
Lupino put in an awesome ride today. The BIG question is......has that dudes balls dropped? Haha holy shit!
Dougy1
10/1/2017 9:34pm
Be interesting how hard Suzuki go at keeping hunter on Suzuki for next season and holding on to him on his journey to the US later on down the track. Could he even get a big offer for the outdoors next year and come earlier than expected to America
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
10/1/2017 9:51pm
Could JGR snap him up for next year. On current form he'd be a front runner outdoors straight away
kongols
10/1/2017 9:53pm
haydos25 wrote:
Could JGR snap him up for next year. On current form he'd be a front runner outdoors straight away
Isn`t Honda factory deal all done and dusted? Isn`t he already Geico Honda in USA in 2019?
FTB
10/1/2017 9:55pm
Dougy1 wrote:
Be interesting how hard Suzuki go at keeping hunter on Suzuki for next season and holding on to him on his journey to the US later...
Be interesting how hard Suzuki go at keeping hunter on Suzuki for next season and holding on to him on his journey to the US later on down the track. Could he even get a big offer for the outdoors next year and come earlier than expected to America
If you get Hunter, good chance you'll get Jet as well. Not a bad sweetener aye Woohoo .
10/2/2017 2:47am
Need to add Kirk Gibbs to that list in my opinion, he put in some excellent rides considering he's relatively unknown on the world stage? 3rd in his qualifying race and was running 3rd for a long time before dropping to 5th in his first main race on Sunday.
Dm370
10/2/2017 3:03am
Only 12mths ago Gibbs had a pretty bad break to his femur aswell
jamma10
10/2/2017 3:23am
Need to add Kirk Gibbs to that list in my opinion, he put in some excellent rides considering he's relatively unknown on the world stage? 3rd...
Need to add Kirk Gibbs to that list in my opinion, he put in some excellent rides considering he's relatively unknown on the world stage? 3rd in his qualifying race and was running 3rd for a long time before dropping to 5th in his first main race on Sunday.
Yeah I’ll second that, he rode very well in the MX2/Open race (as did Lupino) I was impressed. But it goes to show just how mad the MXdN can as both riders finished back in 18th & 19th in the final moto.
jamma10
10/2/2017 3:26am
I think Cairoli won the award for biggest under achiever yesterday, anyone know what was up with him, was he ill? It was such a lacklustre performance by his standards, he just did not look right all day.
10/2/2017 5:33am
jamma10 wrote:
Yeah I’ll second that, he rode very well in the MX2/Open race (as did Lupino) I was impressed. But it goes to show just how mad...
Yeah I’ll second that, he rode very well in the MX2/Open race (as did Lupino) I was impressed. But it goes to show just how mad the MXdN can as both riders finished back in 18th & 19th in the final moto.
As far as I can remember, Gibbs was dead last on the first lap of the final moto when I saw him, about 6 corners in. Not sure if he'd had a bad start or tipped over somewhere but I was bummed for him after seeing him back there.
aees
10/2/2017 7:00am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 7:00am
Biggest surprise:
- Gibbs, no discussion
- Charlier
- Lupino
- Anstie

Biggest letdown
- Cairoli
- Prado
- Dean Ferris
- Covington

Biggest told ya so
- Herlings
- Osborne
- Hunter

10/2/2017 7:49am
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Anstie, Lawrence, Charlier, Gibbs & Lupino in the 2nd moto, were stand out riders.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I knew that Searle wouldn't deliver. Ok the bike has an issue in the 1st moto but he was like 15th in the 2nd & that just wasn't good enough for the win. People on here where saying Searle is good on the 250, he won that class in 2014, yeah 3 seasons ago. Searle probably got the call up because his boss runs the event.
skypig
10/2/2017 7:50am
aees wrote:
Biggest surprise: - Gibbs, no discussion - Charlier - Lupino - Anstie Biggest letdown - Cairoli - Prado - Dean Ferris - Covington Biggest told ya...
Biggest surprise:
- Gibbs, no discussion
- Charlier
- Lupino
- Anstie

Biggest letdown
- Cairoli
- Prado
- Dean Ferris
- Covington

Biggest told ya so
- Herlings
- Osborne
- Hunter

^^^
This
philG
10/2/2017 7:57am
visser62 wrote:
If you would have said he would out perform Cairoli, I would have said you were stupid... AC looked sub par to me , all weekend, TBH , and Cervelin still is too up and down for a consistant result
TeamGreen
10/2/2017 8:36am
Max, Max and Max...

Herlings and ZachO were both exactly what I expected: Shredding!

Charlier was EPIC & a joy to watch. His accomplishments this year are amazing...

"Mr. Gold"

Vive l'France!
jamma10
10/2/2017 8:49am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 8:57am
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Anstie, Lawrence, Charlier, Gibbs & Lupino in the 2nd moto, were stand out riders. I know I'll get flamed...
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Anstie, Lawrence, Charlier, Gibbs & Lupino in the 2nd moto, were stand out riders.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I knew that Searle wouldn't deliver. Ok the bike has an issue in the 1st moto but he was like 15th in the 2nd & that just wasn't good enough for the win. People on here where saying Searle is good on the 250, he won that class in 2014, yeah 3 seasons ago. Searle probably got the call up because his boss runs the event.
Searle got the call up because despite the injuries he's had this past season he's still the most experienced and most successful British rider we've had in ten years.

I think that experience counts for a lot at MXdN in front of a home crowd and had the weather been kinder I've no doubt he would have posted a better result in the one moto his bike allowed him to finish. For anyone that didn't get out of the gate well it was a bit of a lottery and Searle came from 30th to 15th. He said himself that it's all very well testing and training on a 250 on a dry track but racing in conditions like yesterday is a different thing altogether.

Personally I doubt whether Mewse, Watson or Sterry would have faired much better and had you picked Simpson Max would have probably had to drop down to MX2 and he wouldn't have gone 1-1.
FolkLoar
10/2/2017 9:43am
I'd have to say the biggest surprises of the weekend for me were Gibbs and Charlier. I knew Anstie and Lawrence had that in them, but they stepped up when it counted for sure.

Obviously expected the speed I saw from Herlings and Osborne as well. I thought Fevbre rode really well too.

So now the real question is, with Lawrence coming stateside for 2019 do we start calling him H-Law?
HenryA
10/2/2017 9:49am
Anstie is the man. What a ride by him! Now if UK could choose Simpson or Mewse instead of Searle for the next year then they will be really challenging for the win.
10/2/2017 11:08am
HenryA wrote:
Anstie is the man. What a ride by him! Now if UK could choose Simpson or Mewse instead of Searle for the next year then they...
Anstie is the man. What a ride by him! Now if UK could choose Simpson or Mewse instead of Searle for the next year then they will be really challenging for the win.
+1
flymoto
10/2/2017 11:58am
I don’t think gb could of done much more with what we had. All the lads rode great, goes without saying max was amazing yesterday.

Tommy, if he didn’t have bad luck he wouldn’t have any. But he did us proud and we stood on the podium. Would any of the other guys done better, I think not. Mewse is like a lottery! Simpson hasn’t set the world on fire like he did last season, sterry is injured, Watson hasn’t racked up many decent results. how far do you go down the list?
Aryen
10/2/2017 1:24pm
Nobody mentions Bogers. Better MX2 performance than Searle and many others. He’s the one that held off GB for the silver with 12th and 9th.
jamma10
10/2/2017 1:31pm
Aryen wrote:
Nobody mentions Bogers. Better MX2 performance than Searle and many others. He’s the one that held off GB for the silver with 12th and 9th.
Great qualifying ride too!

Post a reply to: The top two riders of the weeknd....

The Latest