The top three for 2015

40Plus_922mx
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 12:55pm
Remember the days when two or three guys dominated? Always in the hunt, always battling, always on the podium. Who do you think will be those top three this year?

I am saying in no certain order 94,41,18
|
Olson
10/20/2014 11:46am
I think you can add #3 to that mix too.
ridge
10/20/2014 11:47am
How could you not include the 5? He's pretty damn consistently on the podium...
SEE ARE125
10/20/2014 11:50am
Tough to say. You have a solid pick, but it's hard to bet against Dungey over the course of a season. One off races, I'll place my money elsewhere, but for the long haul it's hard to bet against him. I think we're going to see some epic Roczen/Tomac battles this year. I have a feeling it'll be their 250 rivalry all over again. It's hard to pick just three, but I'm going to go with:

Roczen, Tomac, and Stewart(pending his eligibility) with Canard as a fill-in if Stewart's out.
gharmon
10/20/2014 12:00pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Tough to say. You have a solid pick, but it's hard to bet against Dungey over the course of a season. One off races, I'll place...
Tough to say. You have a solid pick, but it's hard to bet against Dungey over the course of a season. One off races, I'll place my money elsewhere, but for the long haul it's hard to bet against him. I think we're going to see some epic Roczen/Tomac battles this year. I have a feeling it'll be their 250 rivalry all over again. It's hard to pick just three, but I'm going to go with:

Roczen, Tomac, and Stewart(pending his eligibility) with Canard as a fill-in if Stewart's out.
I just don't think Tomac is gel'ling with the big Honda on supercross tracks. On the little bike he was easily the fastest guy on the track. If he didn't wreck he won.

The Shop

bd
10/20/2014 12:24pm
I predict serious changing to the guard. At the final round it will be these riders fighting for the title: DM18, Trey Canard, KROC.
Antonioni
10/20/2014 12:25pm
I like a lot Tomac, but I think he is less stronger on supercross track than on motocross. He has a lack of precision for supercross (I think that from a long time). There is some riders stronger than him for the supercross.

With Canard, Dungey, Roczen, Stewart, Millsaps (and Reed "without overly trustee"), I hope (like every one, every year) there won't be injuries.
bd
10/20/2014 12:25pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Tough to say. You have a solid pick, but it's hard to bet against Dungey over the course of a season. One off races, I'll place...

gharmon wrote:
I just don't think Tomac is gel'ling with the big Honda on supercross tracks. On the little bike he was easily the fastest guy on the...
I just don't think Tomac is gel'ling with the big Honda on supercross tracks. On the little bike he was easily the fastest guy on the track. If he didn't wreck he won.
Competition is tad different in the premiere class.
10/20/2014 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 12:31pm
I think Roczen, Stewart (assuming he's there), and Millsaps are the best combo of speed and consistency.

Canard will likely be the second fastest guy behind Stewart and with that speed he can win the title if he finishes the whole season for the first time.

Barcia and Tomac will be good in some races and underwhelming in others.

Dungey will finish in the top 3 in points but he won't ever really contend for the title because he'll have 3rd-5th place speed.

Reed will either be fast enough and ready enough to win races or he will be a mid pack guy. He has a lot of work to do to be contending for wins. Still, his record of finishing championships isn't good lately regardless.
IWreckALot
10/20/2014 12:41pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:

gharmon wrote:
I just don't think Tomac is gel'ling with the big Honda on supercross tracks. On the little bike he was easily the fastest guy on the...
Will this be Tomac's second attempt at his first season on a 450 in SX? It's definitely a toss up between KRoc, Canard, Milsaps, Dungey and I believe Tomac will be top 3 material regularly. But if you're just picking top three, I'm going to give it to Canard, Milsaps and I have a difficult time with the third.

I'm about as big of a Dungey fan there is but he's just so frustrating to watch. I'm mostly a fan of the fight he has in him and some of his off the track/bike stuff.
peelout
10/20/2014 12:43pm
ridge wrote:
Dungey will be more at risk this year than any of finishing off the podium more than on it, imo
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
10/20/2014 12:43pm
Dart Board wrote:
I think Roczen, Stewart (assuming he's there), and Millsaps are the best combo of speed and consistency. Canard will likely be the second fastest guy behind...
I think Roczen, Stewart (assuming he's there), and Millsaps are the best combo of speed and consistency.

Canard will likely be the second fastest guy behind Stewart and with that speed he can win the title if he finishes the whole season for the first time.

Barcia and Tomac will be good in some races and underwhelming in others.

Dungey will finish in the top 3 in points but he won't ever really contend for the title because he'll have 3rd-5th place speed.

Reed will either be fast enough and ready enough to win races or he will be a mid pack guy. He has a lot of work to do to be contending for wins. Still, his record of finishing championships isn't good lately regardless.
Exactly my thoughts as well.
ridge
10/20/2014 12:55pm
ridge wrote:
peelout wrote:
Dungey will be more at risk this year than any of finishing off the podium more than on it, imo
I know, but he still has time to figure it out. It wasn't that long ago that he put it to KR a few times.

If Kenny demolishes RD this year, can we agree the KTM isn't for the Dunge?

I'm really starting to wonder if Dungey knows what he wants out of a bike. If you think about it, he has every resource at his finger tips, but is never happy with where the bike is. He always says it's getting better...

Post a reply to: The top three for 2015

The Latest