The so-called "pass of the race"

yz414
Edited Date/Time 1/8/2013 9:22am
im not a fan of the announcing but i can always mute. the thing that grinds me is them showing the "pass of the race" on lap 17, at A1 they called TC's pass on Davi the "pass of the race" then 2 laps later Davi made a even better pass back on TC!
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/7/2013 9:44pm
yz414 wrote:
im not a fan of the announcing but i can always mute. the thing that grinds me is them showing the "pass of the race" on...
im not a fan of the announcing but i can always mute. the thing that grinds me is them showing the "pass of the race" on lap 17, at A1 they called TC's pass on Davi the "pass of the race" then 2 laps later Davi made a even better pass back on TC!
Okay, so it was the other-other pass of the race. Smile

What should they have called it, the pass of the moment?

Very often when you see someone pass for the lead, that's usually it. Race over. That's part of what made Davi's re-pass so memorable.
peelout
1/7/2013 9:50pm
They should do the pass of the race AFTER the race.

I felt the same way, was pretty short sighted
nornevrder
1/7/2013 9:51pm
What frustrates me the most is when they do the replay during a battle and you can hear the crowd roar yet we are stuck watching the pass we already saw in slo mo. They should leave those replays ie pass of the race and the holeshot till the end of the race.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
1/7/2013 9:53pm
Couldnt agree more. I know moto people usually arent the brightest. But, we did just see the pass happen. We dont need to see it again while the race is going on.

The Shop

ocscottie
1/7/2013 9:57pm
How about if a first turn crash happens....and the camera sits on that rider for what seems like an eternity! while the most important battle is going on, we all know how important the 1st lap is, between that, and a replay of the start, we miss a good portion of the first THREE laps. That is so frustrating, i feel like a nutjob hollering at the TV lol
GHR
1/7/2013 10:00pm
ocscottie wrote:
How about if a first turn crash happens....and the camera sits on that rider for what seems like an eternity! while the most important battle is...
How about if a first turn crash happens....and the camera sits on that rider for what seems like an eternity! while the most important battle is going on, we all know how important the 1st lap is, between that, and a replay of the start, we miss a good portion of the first THREE laps. That is so frustrating, i feel like a nutjob hollering at the TV lol
haha totally, I snap so hard at the TV when this happens It makes me think maybe Lil-Hanny is not such a bad guy...Laughing
enketchum
1/7/2013 10:07pm
nornevrder wrote:
What frustrates me the most is when they do the replay during a battle and you can hear the crowd roar yet we are stuck watching...
What frustrates me the most is when they do the replay during a battle and you can hear the crowd roar yet we are stuck watching the pass we already saw in slo mo. They should leave those replays ie pass of the race and the holeshot till the end of the race.
this
GHR
1/7/2013 10:12pm
ocscottie wrote:
WHEW! i knew it couldnt be just me Blink
we still gotta do that beer some time bud Laughing you said you wanted to party with me after I jumped my shit into the canal in Glamis.
Fat Fingers
1/7/2013 10:16pm
pass of the race is dumb and often is a boring pass anyway. should be replaced with moment of the race which should be shown after the race and could be crazy move like quading a section or doing a one hander.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/7/2013 10:18pm
ocscottie wrote:
How about if a first turn crash happens....and the camera sits on that rider for what seems like an eternity! while the most important battle is...
No kidding, you sit there watching a replay with Fro talking about what happened, in the mean time you hear the crowd in the background going ape shit.
enketchum
1/7/2013 10:22pm
ocscottie wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
No kidding, you sit there watching a replay with Fro talking about what happened, in the mean time you hear the crowd in the background going...
No kidding, you sit there watching a replay with Fro talking about what happened, in the mean time you hear the crowd in the background going ape shit.
"Jeff, can you tell us exactly what the tear off system is?"
HenryA
1/8/2013 12:48am
nornevrder wrote:
What frustrates me the most is when they do the replay during a battle and you can hear the crowd roar yet we are stuck watching...
Yeah, when the crowd go nuts and they, in a worst case scenario, still shows someone alone in the lead just putting down laps is really frustrating. How hard can it be? There is tons of cameras out there on the track!
downard254
1/8/2013 4:51am
I think it's time for frame in frame viewing. They can show what they're talking about in a half size frame, while the main race for the win can stay in the main frame. They could even use that if there are two particularly good races going on at the same time. Actually split the screen down the middle, show the race for the lead on one side, and something like RV's attempt to get back to the front on the other. I lked watchig DM and TC going at it, but would liked to see more of what was going on with RV at the same time.
jemcee
1/8/2013 4:55am
I agree with everyone in this thread

that's weird
txmxer
1/8/2013 5:02am
yz414 wrote:
im not a fan of the announcing but i can always mute. the thing that grinds me is them showing the "pass of the race" on...
GuyB wrote:
Okay, so it was the other-other pass of the race. :) What should they have called it, the pass of the moment? Very often when you...

Very often when you see someone pass for the lead, that's usually it. Race over. That's part of what made Davi's re-pass so memorable.
This isn't their first race so they should have known better. This is like all the bench racing that goes on and someone like you says, "that's why they run the race."

If it made sense to call the pass of the race at lap 15 then why didn't they drop the checkers? It was a fail and hopefully they will learn and not do that again--maybe replace a minute of Rutledge Wood with a race recap that includes the pass of the race???

Just sayin'...
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
1/8/2013 5:09am
agreed, show the "pass of the race" after the race, or frame in frame like someone else suggested. I don't mind reliving the past moments after the race is OVER, not during the damn race. As the op stated, it wasn't THE pass of the race either, they jumped the gun a little imo.
IWreckALot
1/8/2013 5:20am
downard254 wrote:
I think it's time for frame in frame viewing. They can show what they're talking about in a half size frame, while the main race for...
I think it's time for frame in frame viewing. They can show what they're talking about in a half size frame, while the main race for the win can stay in the main frame. They could even use that if there are two particularly good races going on at the same time. Actually split the screen down the middle, show the race for the lead on one side, and something like RV's attempt to get back to the front on the other. I lked watchig DM and TC going at it, but would liked to see more of what was going on with RV at the same time.
This is what I am thinking. Why can't you do frame in frame or a side by side or something? No action missed and the commentators get to comment on the pass. With DVR being as prevalent as it is, if we want to go back and see the pass happen again, we can rewind it.
ts.p311
1/8/2013 6:28am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2013 6:29am
I agree that the replays should all come at the end of the race. The only thing I can figure is that progressive paid for that spot to air while the race was happening. Maybe?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
1/8/2013 7:34am
nornevrder wrote:
me, too. Hope those producer decisions get a little better, or they at least rely on a split screen
daemon616
1/8/2013 7:43am
My favorite was when I was young and watched the races on ESPN in the early 90s and I'd hear Dave Despain say "But that was just the beginning of Cooper's troubles as he had an awful night" and I realized the race isn't live and thanks for ruining what was going to happen Despain! Tongue
DRTRYDR
1/8/2013 7:46am
yz414 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Okay, so it was the other-other pass of the race. :) What should they have called it, the pass of the moment? Very often when you...

txmxer wrote:
This isn't their first race so they should have known better. This is like all the bench racing that goes on and someone like you says...
This isn't their first race so they should have known better. This is like all the bench racing that goes on and someone like you says, "that's why they run the race."

If it made sense to call the pass of the race at lap 15 then why didn't they drop the checkers? It was a fail and hopefully they will learn and not do that again--maybe replace a minute of Rutledge Wood with a race recap that includes the pass of the race???

Just sayin'...
What txmxer saiid. Pass of the race should be after the checkers after they had a chance to review all passes that occurred in said race to determine which was the best
Choppy
1/8/2013 9:09am
ocscottie wrote:
Never wanted to admit this but I tell just about every darn name in the book at the TV when they do that.
jtomasik
1/8/2013 9:11am
This stuff concerns you? Seriously?
yz414
1/8/2013 9:21am
DRTRYDR wrote:
What txmxer saiid. Pass of the race should be after the checkers after they had a chance to review all passes that occurred in said race...
What txmxer saiid. Pass of the race should be after the checkers after they had a chance to review all passes that occurred in said race to determine which was the best
this isn't the first time they've done this, i remember them doing it last year as well and i think at the monster cup too. and what about the other passes back in the pack? I'm sure there are some great battles/passes going on back there.
Wiley
1/8/2013 9:22am
I agree; either show the highlight stuff afterwards, or show it on a split-screen. I was screaming at the TV everytime they did that shit.

Post a reply to: The so-called "pass of the race"

The Latest