The official word on the Villopoto red light call

BobbyM
2/27/2012 5:44pm
wawazat wrote:
[b]We do expect you to maintain at least a reasonable level of civility. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Don’t post things that...
We do expect you to maintain at least a reasonable level of civility. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Don’t post things that you wouldn’t say when face-to-face with another person. So name calling, insults, and personal attacks are lame. So is keyboard bravery

So expecting an "Official Word" any minute about the name calling.

Nobody can disagree around here anymore without the name calling?
GuyB wrote:
Being the sensitive, law-abiding citizen that you are... Wink
Ing wrote:
Another perfect example of rules only applying to certain people.
thus is life....
Trent179
2/27/2012 6:00pm
jbomx363 wrote:
Committed and no time? Aren't these guys pro's? Totally on it, on a 450? And no, I don't care who the rider is. Obviously, the "red"...
Committed and no time? Aren't these guys pro's? Totally on it, on a 450? And no, I don't care who the rider is.

Obviously, the "red" lights are yellow lights, but you cannot miss those big blaring red lights on top of the triple either.

Plenty of time to roll them.

I almost wish they would have docked him some time or a position so you guys could quit crying. Seriously get over it. That section was tight and technical as fuck. There was very little time to check up leading to that particular triple from the inside. I remember watching it live and the guy was waiving the yellow flag right in front of RV. He looked confused to me. These guys are risk takers and they aren't going to give a second to their competition if they don't have to. Guarantee if the guy was waiving a red flag he would have rolled it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/27/2012 6:15pm
I need to start visually overriding the keyboards of more posters here.

Bring your A games, people.

The Shop

CherryGirl
2/27/2012 6:24pm
Funny how the rule book has no Grey Area. You either jump on Red or you don't. It took the race out of the race and made a bad example for young riders.

If James would have done the same thing he'd been attacked in the pits by a mob.
rollingtach
2/27/2012 6:28pm
Wow I thought things were actually getting back to normal over the last 7 hours but all of a sudden we have newbies wanting to stir it up.
Tim507
2/27/2012 6:36pm
RonSkj wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ICLY4.png[/img] This is the most convincing picture I have seen. This is the moment, I think a rider would take a look at the lights (...

This is the most convincing picture I have seen. This is the moment, I think a rider would take a look at the lights ( while in the air, knowing he has to twist the throttle when he lands) From this shot, at that moment, this is when he makes his decision. He is committed!!
This topic sure is on fire and all the dialogue is actually healthy for our sport.

Ok now my 2bits........I have been participating in the great sport since the days of scrambles, then the Inter-Am to the present.

This picture sums up my position - RV is a professional and at this point in this turn his mental focus is driven by adrenalin and desire, and if his mind is not focused on the jump, if is eyes are not looking ahead 20 30 feet or more, he needs to quit. The light is not on in my opinion and the yellow light means game on, be careful something is going on ahead! Yes I would have to assume he saw the red lights but he was committed mind and soul to the triple. He more than likely immediately processed the risk and made his decision. Racers are quite capable of instant risk analysis - that is why we love this sport

The next rider has time to see the situation (since he is looking ahead 20 30 feet or more) and thus processes another decision.

AMA made a good call in my opinion , and also a good call to resolve (by changing the light colors in this type of corner)

If our sport is to progress we need to be able to make decisions in real time, not at board meetings after the fact.
loftyair
2/27/2012 6:58pm
loftyair wrote:
Lets just pretend AMA docked Villo some time, say, twice as much as JS lost by rolling, that's what, 6 seconds? Ok, so end result, no...
Lets just pretend AMA docked Villo some time, say, twice as much as JS lost by rolling, that's what, 6 seconds? Ok, so end result, no change.
If there is a real penalty, it has to be a position IMO. When RV jumped and JS rolled the triple, it opened the gap so...
If there is a real penalty, it has to be a position IMO. When RV jumped and JS rolled the triple, it opened the gap so much that JS had no chance at catching him. IF RV would have rolled, JS would have stayed on the gas and possibly caught him.

A penalty with no real effect is not a penalty.
You could DQ him from the race too, but that also might not have a real effect on anything either. I believe he would of not jumped if what was happening clicked fast enough for him to do so. Not all rules can always be followed, like seeing a blur of yellow lights at 30mph before hitting a jump that only a select few can do at such speeds. Or going backwards on the track, there must be examples of this where you or anyone else would not enforce such a rule as that being a penalty. The word 'possibly' is right, either not even, or totally. What is the penalty supposed to be right now? And would you completely enforce it? Now be fair, no ball sucking or stomping! hahha
jtomasik
2/27/2012 6:58pm
Tim507 wrote:
This topic sure is on fire and all the dialogue is actually healthy for our sport. Ok now my 2bits........I have been participating in the great...
This topic sure is on fire and all the dialogue is actually healthy for our sport.

Ok now my 2bits........I have been participating in the great sport since the days of scrambles, then the Inter-Am to the present.

This picture sums up my position - RV is a professional and at this point in this turn his mental focus is driven by adrenalin and desire, and if his mind is not focused on the jump, if is eyes are not looking ahead 20 30 feet or more, he needs to quit. The light is not on in my opinion and the yellow light means game on, be careful something is going on ahead! Yes I would have to assume he saw the red lights but he was committed mind and soul to the triple. He more than likely immediately processed the risk and made his decision. Racers are quite capable of instant risk analysis - that is why we love this sport

The next rider has time to see the situation (since he is looking ahead 20 30 feet or more) and thus processes another decision.

AMA made a good call in my opinion , and also a good call to resolve (by changing the light colors in this type of corner)

If our sport is to progress we need to be able to make decisions in real time, not at board meetings after the fact.
Tim, great points. There is only one solution to this...use something that no rider can ignore. I've posted it before, but I'll repost it again. If this appears before a jump, the rider will not even have to make a decision; he will stop immediately. So will the rest of the field.

Switch
2/27/2012 7:02pm
Switch wrote:
Well you are in luck, because this topic, and 90% of the people that have commented on it, are a joke. To add to that percentage...
Well you are in luck, because this topic, and 90% of the people that have commented on it, are a joke.

To add to that percentage... Bauer was 100% right in my opinion. Great to see someone stand up and tell it like it is. Even if MEM's response wasn't intended to make him look like an all-around-prick, it read that way. Bauer told him to STFU and left it at that. Thanks for the input Steve.. good to see someone pass along information that isn't from someones "brother's aunt's cousin's best friend that is real tight with RV's bus driver"
Uncleof2 wrote:
I guess I won't make a comment then, being RV's bus drivers brother-in -lawWink
Are you very close with your friends cousin that has an aunt with a loud mouth brother? Not at all trying to call you out Uncle.. Wish I had your job.

Too many sack-jugglers anymore.. RV fans one week and trying to get him for vehicular homocide the next. Vital is taking on water..
Tim507
2/27/2012 7:12pm
Tim507 wrote:
This topic sure is on fire and all the dialogue is actually healthy for our sport. Ok now my 2bits........I have been participating in the great...

jtomasik wrote:
Tim, great points. There is only one solution to this...use something that no rider can ignore. I've posted it before, but I'll repost it again. If...
Tim, great points. There is only one solution to this...use something that no rider can ignore. I've posted it before, but I'll repost it again. If this appears before a jump, the rider will not even have to make a decision; he will stop immediately. So will the rest of the field.

Yes a most inviting pose and perhaps oppurtunity, I know this would cause me to process an intant decisionSmile

But I afraid at my age I would take the jump and risk the scorn of the board room.......................
Trauma
2/27/2012 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2012 7:42pm
I'm pretty pleased with that explanation, especially that they are looking to change it so that the lights are red at the point you commit from.

I just watched it again and noticed that the yellow light on the corner exit (it is yellow despite some blind people on here saying otherwise) comes on just as poto entered the corner. The whole time he's moving down the rythem lane it's off. I would not be surprised if he didn't see it. The lights system needs some work, maybe move the light from the corners exit to the middle of the corner and up a bit higher so it can be seen by riders coming down the lane towards it.
2/27/2012 7:30pm
loftyair wrote:
Lets just pretend AMA docked Villo some time, say, twice as much as JS lost by rolling, that's what, 6 seconds? Ok, so end result, no...
Lets just pretend AMA docked Villo some time, say, twice as much as JS lost by rolling, that's what, 6 seconds? Ok, so end result, no change.
If there is a real penalty, it has to be a position IMO. When RV jumped and JS rolled the triple, it opened the gap so...
If there is a real penalty, it has to be a position IMO. When RV jumped and JS rolled the triple, it opened the gap so much that JS had no chance at catching him. IF RV would have rolled, JS would have stayed on the gas and possibly caught him.

A penalty with no real effect is not a penalty.
loftyair wrote:
You could DQ him from the race too, but that also might not have a real effect on anything either. I believe he would of not...
You could DQ him from the race too, but that also might not have a real effect on anything either. I believe he would of not jumped if what was happening clicked fast enough for him to do so. Not all rules can always be followed, like seeing a blur of yellow lights at 30mph before hitting a jump that only a select few can do at such speeds. Or going backwards on the track, there must be examples of this where you or anyone else would not enforce such a rule as that being a penalty. The word 'possibly' is right, either not even, or totally. What is the penalty supposed to be right now? And would you completely enforce it? Now be fair, no ball sucking or stomping! hahha
Dude, I have been in the navy for 22 years. I follow the rules and force others to follow the rules. If they don't, I put my boot up their ass(figuratively).
2/27/2012 7:32pm
On Pulp Watson and Reed are both saying that factory riders get preferential treatment by the AMA- in rererence to Poto and the lights.
Watson thinks the Monster claw is the reason for the call.

There's a lot of opinions floating around on this one.
ocscottie
2/27/2012 7:32pm
Chad is talking about it on Pulp...pretty interesting. he said what most of us are thinking, there is always a "grey area" when it comes to the AMA enforcing their rules.
Sherwood
2/27/2012 7:34pm
BobbyM wrote:
no doubt, remote kill switches that are held by track section officials that can in an instant cut the ignition off so nobody can possibly jump...
no doubt, remote kill switches that are held by track section officials that can in an instant cut the ignition off so nobody can possibly jump and land or run over another racer. there's an idea.

look into it.
That's not a real idea is it?
2/27/2012 7:35pm
BobbyM wrote:
no doubt, remote kill switches that are held by track section officials that can in an instant cut the ignition off so nobody can possibly jump...
no doubt, remote kill switches that are held by track section officials that can in an instant cut the ignition off so nobody can possibly jump and land or run over another racer. there's an idea.

look into it.
Sherwood wrote:
That's not a real idea is it?
If you question is serious, you need to go back to the shithole.
2/27/2012 7:38pm
ocscottie wrote:
Chad is talking about it on Pulp...pretty interesting. he said what most of us are thinking, there is always a "grey area" when it comes to...
Chad is talking about it on Pulp...pretty interesting. he said what most of us are thinking, there is always a "grey area" when it comes to the AMA enforcing their rules.
What Reed and Watson are doing is calling total bullshit on any AMA explanation for anything.
Watson is tossing Gallagher's ass under the bus. Guess he'll be in for a flaming.
BigDaddyG
2/27/2012 7:50pm
Haters gonna hate
whiners gonna whine
and douche bags are gunna be douche bags.

What the fuck is up with Jbone crying to the officials? I guess if his boy cant hang with RV then they got to find anything they can. Fuggin pussies.
Outsider
2/27/2012 7:51pm
Chad Reed is on some serious meds right now.... just saying.
Trent179
2/27/2012 7:59pm
ocscottie wrote:
Chad is talking about it on Pulp...pretty interesting. he said what most of us are thinking, there is always a "grey area" when it comes to...
What Reed and Watson are doing is calling total bullshit on any AMA explanation for anything. Watson is tossing Gallagher's ass under the bus. Guess he'll...
What Reed and Watson are doing is calling total bullshit on any AMA explanation for anything.
Watson is tossing Gallagher's ass under the bus. Guess he'll be in for a flaming.
Chad's just mad cause he hurt himself trying to run RVs pace. I can play the bullshit game too.
Trent179
2/27/2012 8:04pm
If the script of supercross has rv winning the title no matter what they should have pointed out the fact that he caught dungey fell in the sand and then caught dungey again.
Trent179
2/27/2012 8:06pm
If RV wins the title you fucks can put an asterisk by it. That's the kind of shit you like to do.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
2/27/2012 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2012 8:15pm
Trent179 wrote:
If RV wins the title you fucks can put an asterisk by it. That's the kind of shit you like to do.
would you like to add a 4th post in a row??

Look man, here is what I think:

I would AT LEAST fine RV, because we dont want this to be a recurring issue. Now, there is no doubt I dislike RV with a passion, but the reason I say the fine is because of the rider's safety. If they allow this to happen here with no consequence what will happen when the situation presents itself again in the future?

Personally, Id like to see him lose 2 pts but like I said I really dont like the guy.
Trent179
2/27/2012 8:20pm
I thought they did fine him? All these negative posts about rv are ridiculous. Red light this and flashing lights that. Oh and should Milsaps have parked him? People always start hating on the good ones though. RV will probably get a lot of hate the next few years since he's gonna be kicking everyone else's ass.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
2/27/2012 8:23pm
Trent179 wrote:
I thought they did fine him? All these negative posts about rv are ridiculous. Red light this and flashing lights that. Oh and should Milsaps have...
I thought they did fine him? All these negative posts about rv are ridiculous. Red light this and flashing lights that. Oh and should Milsaps have parked him? People always start hating on the good ones though. RV will probably get a lot of hate the next few years since he's gonna be kicking everyone else's ass.
He will be on top for 3 yrs max, including this yr (if he is indeed on top during that time)...mark my word. The days of MC, RC, and JS are over...gonna be more parity.
CherryGirl
2/27/2012 8:26pm
ocscottie wrote:
What Reed and Watson are doing is calling total bullshit on any AMA explanation for anything. Watson is tossing Gallagher's ass under the bus. Guess he'll...
Trent179 wrote:
Chad's just mad cause he hurt himself trying to run RVs pace. I can play the bullshit game too.
And this is a positive POST??????????????
BigDaddyG
2/27/2012 8:31pm
mx 219 wrote:
He will be on top for 3 yrs max, including this yr (if he is indeed on top during that time)...mark my word. The days of...
He will be on top for 3 yrs max, including this yr (if he is indeed on top during that time)...mark my word. The days of MC, RC, and JS are over...gonna be more parity.
Shiiit, you are just now starting to see what RV is made of.....his domination will continue for 5+ years and be right up there with RC when all is said and done. Yes, he will also do this with the most stacked class in a very long time....Did it last year and off to a mighty fine start this year.

RV haters better throw in towel now becuase you are in for a long ride!

Post a reply to: The official word on the Villopoto red light call

The Latest