The next JLaw interview...

straight^
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:13am
will be done by the best journalist currently in motocross. I do not know who that is or when we will get it, but a good journalist will definately get it, AND I CAN'T WAIT!
The gate's dropped and the race is on... (unfortunately the always interesting Steve 'Little' M and Ms will probably loose this race, though it would be the best podcast *high pitch voice* EVVVERRRR).
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/10/2009 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:06am
If I knew Jason would speak candidly about what's been going on with him for the last year? I'd do it.

Would it be worthwhile to go through the process necessary to make it happen to get the kind of quotes that you normally get from him? Not really.
DC
9/10/2009 2:50pm
Good point, Guy B. Maybe he would talk more if you had a file or hacksaw blade hidden in those funky Vision pants you wear around the house....

DC
MX Sports
Whitey
9/10/2009 2:52pm
Won't his next interview be done by a parole officer or someone like that?
Matthes
9/10/2009 3:07pm
His first/next interview will be done by TWMX. I'd bet on it...watch, now DC will make me bet my house and I'll lose.

I've tried going through his agent twice (no responses) another time I asked a member of his crew who told me that he would just answer 'cause he would know what Jason would say. This was done before most of his troubles started.

I've asked him for a podcast and promised to not touch the edit button and he refused. Part of his "allure" is the fact he blows most media obligations off.

I'd love to have him on a podcast, he'd be epic and I think it would be a good career move for him as those shows are listened by a lot of people. He thinks I'm an idiot though and I doubt that would happen.

Funny story, I guess he was calling me names one day and someone told him I was a mechanic and he had no idea of that. Clearly, he's not a reader and just hears the bad stuff people tell him. Never the praising of him I'm sure.

The Shop

Nikhil
9/10/2009 3:39pm
Matthes wrote:
His first/next interview will be done by TWMX. I'd bet on it...watch, now DC will make me bet my house and I'll lose. I've tried going...
His first/next interview will be done by TWMX. I'd bet on it...watch, now DC will make me bet my house and I'll lose.

I've tried going through his agent twice (no responses) another time I asked a member of his crew who told me that he would just answer 'cause he would know what Jason would say. This was done before most of his troubles started.

I've asked him for a podcast and promised to not touch the edit button and he refused. Part of his "allure" is the fact he blows most media obligations off.

I'd love to have him on a podcast, he'd be epic and I think it would be a good career move for him as those shows are listened by a lot of people. He thinks I'm an idiot though and I doubt that would happen.

Funny story, I guess he was calling me names one day and someone told him I was a mechanic and he had no idea of that. Clearly, he's not a reader and just hears the bad stuff people tell him. Never the praising of him I'm sure.
Why can't you just go up to him after the races?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/10/2009 3:41pm
At the Seattle SX when he won the title, I tried. He was in his bus, and the party had already started.
Matt Wozney
9/10/2009 4:00pm
The only encounter for me this year was a riding video with Blessing at my local track.
Jason seemed very cool about it other than he wanted the video done that night haha....which I made happen. Never heard from him after that though.

Oh....
http://www.motoxposure.com/tv/video/bd711.htm
Nikhil
9/10/2009 4:01pm
GuyB wrote:
At the Seattle SX when he won the title, I tried. He was in his bus, and the party had already started.
I guess that's not too surprising after winning the championship considering it's jlaw. But after regular races is it really that difficult to find him in the pits?
Rupert X
9/10/2009 4:07pm

Actually, somebody NEEDS to interview the dude that had his ear bitten off by

the JailedLaw.

That's what we need to do.
Trip
9/10/2009 4:23pm
GuyB wrote:
If I knew Jason would speak candidly about what's been going on with him for the last year? I'd do it. Would it be worthwhile to...
If I knew Jason would speak candidly about what's been going on with him for the last year? I'd do it.

Would it be worthwhile to go through the process necessary to make it happen to get the kind of quotes that you normally get from him? Not really.
HELL YES it would be worth the trouble to get an interview with him!!!! This is really the biggest news story of the year. Look at the boards, nobody is talking about MXdN, Reed, or Alessi much at this point. This is the story. It may be a bit early, but this is what people are talking about and care about.

Wheather he speaks candidly or not isn't the point. He is the best interview in mx period!! To do an interview right now, and do one as his time in jail gets closer to ending, would be epic.

As for Matthes and his podcast, I don't blame him for not wanting to talk to him. Matthes blames all of Alessi's troubles on Tony. Then he gets a podcast with Reed, and it's a slurpfest. Reed has been through just as many rides as Mike has the last few years...Matthes has his agenda and doesn't let facts get in the way of it. I'm sure he could do a podcast with people who have met Jason, then he could spin it and say "someone close to Jason said..."
Matthes
9/10/2009 4:39pm
Trip wrote:
HELL YES it would be worth the trouble to get an interview with him!!!! This is really the biggest news story of the year. Look at...
HELL YES it would be worth the trouble to get an interview with him!!!! This is really the biggest news story of the year. Look at the boards, nobody is talking about MXdN, Reed, or Alessi much at this point. This is the story. It may be a bit early, but this is what people are talking about and care about.

Wheather he speaks candidly or not isn't the point. He is the best interview in mx period!! To do an interview right now, and do one as his time in jail gets closer to ending, would be epic.

As for Matthes and his podcast, I don't blame him for not wanting to talk to him. Matthes blames all of Alessi's troubles on Tony. Then he gets a podcast with Reed, and it's a slurpfest. Reed has been through just as many rides as Mike has the last few years...Matthes has his agenda and doesn't let facts get in the way of it. I'm sure he could do a podcast with people who have met Jason, then he could spin it and say "someone close to Jason said..."
For a guy that "never" reads pulpmx.com or listens to any podcasts (which you claimed in the Alessi thread-you only read stuff that makes it on here) you sure seem to know a lot about me and my "agenda."

I never blamed all of Alessi's troubles on Tony, just said he should look around and change up his program. The Lusk podcast tomorrow is prove of that, you should listen. Just this one time of course.Tongue
Rooster
9/10/2009 4:40pm
Matthes wrote:
His first/next interview will be done by TWMX. I'd bet on it...watch, now DC will make me bet my house and I'll lose. I've tried going...

You should have interviewed his friend and seen what he had to say.

Maybe it would have shamed him into granting an interview, but I doubt it.

It seems he has no sense of shame.
9/10/2009 4:44pm
Matthes wrote:

Nikhil wrote:
Those times were few and far between this year.
Trip
9/10/2009 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:06am
Let me guess how the Lusk interview will go...Starts off as a slurpfest bringing back the good ol days...then goes to why he quit/retired, this is where you kind of rattle him a little and get under his skin a bit...It ends with you wishing him luck saying he can do it?? Am I close??

I say agenda because you have all these connections, phone numbers, and emails. You do an opinion piece on....lets say Mike Alessi, and you talk to everyone but Mike? It seems you don't really care about the story being right or not. You care about making your point. Which as I have said before, is the same thing Perez Hilton does. When you only tell one side of a story, of course your point is going to good.

The last two years Mike has gotten hurt while near the top of the nationals, that's why he doesn't have a championship, not because of Tony. If Mike was not finishing near the top almost every race, with that much potential, I might see your point about Tony. When the last two years he has not finished the series because of injury, and you say change his program and kick his dad to the curb. Yes I would say your writing is bias and you have an agenda. Is it one of his obligations to talk to Media??
Trip
9/10/2009 5:02pm
Matthes wrote:

Nikhil wrote:
Those times were few and far between this year.
Damn, I was able to chat with him at Anaheim and at Glen Helen. And that's without a fancy vip pass...

I have pics of him cheering on Wey in the second moto at Glen Helen. He was on the back side of the big hill on the REM track, and was very easy to get a word with.

Face it, the media hasn't really been all that kind to him..When ever you read he did something nice for someone, you also heard a repeat of all the trouble he has gotten into.
Matthes
9/10/2009 5:09pm
Yeah, in the other thread you never really ever got the thing about an editorial piece and how it's an author's opinion. About how you don't need to get anyone's quotes in the story and it's simply something that is someone's opinion, right or wrong. The reason I didn't call Mike? I don't HAVE to. It's not that kind of article.

I guess you still can't grasp that concept. I also suppose you've never read ESPN or USA Today or really ANY OTHER paper or website beyond a message board.

I give up.
Trip
9/10/2009 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:06am
Matthes wrote:
Yeah, in the other thread you never really ever got the thing about an editorial piece and how it's an author's opinion. About how you don't...
Yeah, in the other thread you never really ever got the thing about an editorial piece and how it's an author's opinion. About how you don't need to get anyone's quotes in the story and it's simply something that is someone's opinion, right or wrong. The reason I didn't call Mike? I don't HAVE to. It's not that kind of article.

I guess you still can't grasp that concept. I also suppose you've never read ESPN or USA Today or really ANY OTHER paper or website beyond a message board.

I give up.
Your a joke dude... I guess I like my journalists to see both sides. Give me the facts from both sides and let ME make my own judgement on the matter. I get it was an opinion piece!! I don't get why you wouldn't talk to people who are friends with the Alessi's, unless it would damage your theory? You sure were quck to point out how many people you talked to about all the negative shit you wrote about them..

Like i said if your only going to do one side of the story, of course you can slant it one way..

Your like Fox News and Perez Hilton all rolled into one..

The only reason I even knew about the Reed podcast is someone posted it here.

I do read SI quite a bit, in fact I was going to go to non moto and mention how great some of their articles and photos are..

I seriously get it was an opinion piece, and that's why you didn't talk to anyone who may disagree, or actually have any facts to shoot holes in your opinion. Much like this board, why let facts get in the way of an opinion..
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/10/2009 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:06am
The last time I talked with Jason and he was really candid, was right before the start of the season where he won the title, and was talking about how that was probably his last chance.

There's one thing to get an interview, and another for them to be really cooperative, and to respond to the questions you're asking. To this point, everyone around him had been so tight-lipped about his troubles (past and present), that it's hard for them to open up about it.

Right now? I wouldn't think it'd be all the kind to interview him while he's in jail. After he gets out? I'd be more into that.
crowe176
9/10/2009 5:31pm
Matthes it the perfect candidate for a jail interview.
Trip
9/10/2009 5:31pm
GuyB wrote:
The last time I talked with Jason and he was really candid, was right before the start of the season where he won the title, and...
The last time I talked with Jason and he was really candid, was right before the start of the season where he won the title, and was talking about how that was probably his last chance.

There's one thing to get an interview, and another for them to be really cooperative, and to respond to the questions you're asking. To this point, everyone around him had been so tight-lipped about his troubles (past and present), that it's hard for them to open up about it.

Right now? I wouldn't think it'd be all the kind to interview him while he's in jail. After he gets out? I'd be more into that.
Ok, I'll read between the lines... I'll get working on it..Wink
Matthes
9/10/2009 5:34pm
Trip wrote:
Your a joke dude... I guess I like my journalists to see both sides. Give me the facts from both sides and let ME make my...
Your a joke dude... I guess I like my journalists to see both sides. Give me the facts from both sides and let ME make my own judgement on the matter. I get it was an opinion piece!! I don't get why you wouldn't talk to people who are friends with the Alessi's, unless it would damage your theory? You sure were quck to point out how many people you talked to about all the negative shit you wrote about them..

Like i said if your only going to do one side of the story, of course you can slant it one way..

Your like Fox News and Perez Hilton all rolled into one..

The only reason I even knew about the Reed podcast is someone posted it here.

I do read SI quite a bit, in fact I was going to go to non moto and mention how great some of their articles and photos are..

I seriously get it was an opinion piece, and that's why you didn't talk to anyone who may disagree, or actually have any facts to shoot holes in your opinion. Much like this board, why let facts get in the way of an opinion..
Oh man, if you only knew. I got so many comments from that column from industry dudes that have dealt with Tony. Are they all in this big conspiracy? But I suppose you think I'm lying. What I wrote was tip of the iceberg my friend.

So what do you think of the back page of SI? Do you have the same complaints about it? Many times, they do not talk to all parties...

In another post you said you liked me. Now I'm a joke?
stillwelding
9/10/2009 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2009 5:40pm
Strictly speaking, there's not a "Journalist" working in the Motocross field, that I know of. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Most MX "Journalists" are enthusiasts who have become writers or photographers. Just like I did, back in the day, at "Inside Motocross.
Rupert X
9/10/2009 5:58pm
Strictly speaking, there's not a "Journalist" working in the Motocross field, that I know of. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Most MX "Journalists" are enthusiasts who...
Strictly speaking, there's not a "Journalist" working in the Motocross field, that I know of. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Most MX "Journalists" are enthusiasts who have become writers or photographers. Just like I did, back in the day, at "Inside Motocross.

There are some journalists in motocross. There just doesn't happen to be a lot of

investigative journalism taking place. For a lot of reasons.

First two.....

1. Budgets

2. Friendships

Crush
9/10/2009 6:03pm
Trip wrote:
HELL YES it would be worth the trouble to get an interview with him!!!! This is really the biggest news story of the year. Look at...

Dude. Reed has ridden for Yamaha and Suzuki in 8 years in the USA...

Before that Kawasaki in Europe,

Before that Yamaha and Suzuki in Australia...

That's 5 in his entire pro career... from 16 to 27...
Grendel
9/10/2009 6:52pm
Matthes wrote:
Oh man, if you only knew. I got so many comments from that column from industry dudes that have dealt with Tony. Are they all in...
Oh man, if you only knew. I got so many comments from that column from industry dudes that have dealt with Tony. Are they all in this big conspiracy? But I suppose you think I'm lying. What I wrote was tip of the iceberg my friend.

So what do you think of the back page of SI? Do you have the same complaints about it? Many times, they do not talk to all parties...

In another post you said you liked me. Now I'm a joke?
Who are these mystery men? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have found some sort of outlet for the supposed Alessi atrocities in all these years beyond the vague whispers of pit-rats.

Because while Lawrence may be somewhat justified in being a media/message board pariah, Tony isn't. He hasn't broken any laws, flipped any KTM rigs or consumed Villo's earlobes.
MikeyB35
9/10/2009 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2009 6:56pm
HEY MATTHES, Im going to be if this rumor holds up about phil kessel being lured in by that big fish in the bowl monsier Burke. From what my insider at the bruins tells me(aka the salesman who conned me into buying season tickets) it looks to be inevitable that kessel wont be resigned by boston (damn salary cap). That I can deal with but It sure would suck to lose him to a divisional rival like tml.
Gardner37
9/10/2009 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:06am
Give the Big guy a break. Matthes has found a spot in this sport that fits him well.

Observations is a the only review of the races I look forward to reading.

Keep up the good work S" &"M.

JLAW will always see every interview as someone else's gain and that he's being used.

Sort of true but you'll be lucky get a worthwhile interview from County Jail.
stillwelding
9/10/2009 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2009 7:16pm
Strictly speaking, there's not a "Journalist" working in the Motocross field, that I know of. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Most MX "Journalists" are enthusiasts who...
Rupert X wrote:
There are some journalists in motocross. There just doesn't happen to be a lot of investigative journalism taking place. For a lot of reasons. First two...

There are some journalists in motocross. There just doesn't happen to be a lot of

investigative journalism taking place. For a lot of reasons.

First two.....

1. Budgets

2. Friendships

Can you name them? And I mean people with a Journalism Degree. Not just a college degree. Real Journalists don't have friends in the business they cover.
yosmithy
9/10/2009 7:17pm
This thread smells like Maple syrup

Post a reply to: The next JLaw interview...

The Latest