The nationals can kiss my a$$

NotCore
Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 9:20am
Two years ago, I got DirectTV only because I wanted to watch the nationals. This year they change the channels.

Today I watch the first motos on something called MAVTV. Standard def on DirectTV but what the hell, at least I'm watching. Then comes the 2nd motos. On tonight's on NBCSN at 1am. WTF?

So let's try the iPad. Pro motocross.com. Keeps sending me to the App Store to get a new app. Screw that. I've had it before and it crashes.

So let's go to the PC. Dust it off, find the power cord. Fire it up. Microsoft update installs. Ok, let's wait. Finishes up. Promotocross.com. Live feed. Says I need ADobe flash update. Go to the link. Starts downloading adobe, but also google chrome. Shit! Stop abort, get out, restart the process. Download adobe.

All good. Click the link. Need directTV password. Find it (I use the direct TV iPad app, so I have it handy! Yahoo!)

Type it in, screen goes blank, asks for it again. Type it again. I know it's right, because I checked my try trusty pw book.

Can't watch the Fing nationals. Screw the nationals. I've got better shit to do.
|
5/24/2014 3:41pm
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

keep your eqip updated
smoker
5/24/2014 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2014 3:44pm
my UK vpn is working woderfully.

we need a another section to this forum for all the TV threads, the front page 2/3 TV related threads.
NotCore
5/24/2014 3:45pm
I do. It's called a 70 samsung HD and DirectTV. Asshole.
Grizz
5/24/2014 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2014 3:47pm
Hey, fuck off guy Laughing no body cares

Sick of people bitching about technology.

The Shop

newmann
5/24/2014 3:47pm
I haven't watched MavTV in almost a year. Go there today and POOF, it's gone. Now it's a premium HD channel that I have to pay extra for. No idea when this happened. But there was a damn Euro MXGP marathon going on on the other channel. Funny shit, can't get our nats on air but the Euros can. Worst part of it was having to call Time Warner multiple times to get connected. Those fuggers are clueless. Tried earlier this year to get direct TV in the house and garage but was going to require two systems and they were clueless too. Not only that but Mav wasn't showing up here on Direct. Was great to see the Glen on the tele though, maybe things really are looking up....
Hank_Thrill
5/24/2014 3:51pm
Just wait a few days until things are uploaded online and watch them all at once. That's what I do sometimes; plus, it allows me to go have fun on the weekends riding with friends.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
5/24/2014 4:00pm
Every year this happens. Huge mad dash to get everything sorted out where to watch. By round 3 it will all be fine. Until we start dealing with the live feeds bein crap and DC comes on here to explain to us what te problems are while we all dance circles around him with pitchforks. I agree this is bullshit with the different outlets to watch, but what choice do we have?
motoBRD
Here's a $35 investment that helped me. Its called the Google chrome cast. It let's you stream a Google chrome tab from your computer to your TV, among other things obviously. I've got the races up on the computer at the promotocross.com site "casting" over to the TV. Good picture and good sound. I will be sleeping tonight at 1am...
TannerMxer
NotCore wrote:
Two years ago, I got DirectTV only because I wanted to watch the nationals. This year they change the channels. Today I watch the first motos...
Two years ago, I got DirectTV only because I wanted to watch the nationals. This year they change the channels.

Today I watch the first motos on something called MAVTV. Standard def on DirectTV but what the hell, at least I'm watching. Then comes the 2nd motos. On tonight's on NBCSN at 1am. WTF?

So let's try the iPad. Pro motocross.com. Keeps sending me to the App Store to get a new app. Screw that. I've had it before and it crashes.

So let's go to the PC. Dust it off, find the power cord. Fire it up. Microsoft update installs. Ok, let's wait. Finishes up. Promotocross.com. Live feed. Says I need ADobe flash update. Go to the link. Starts downloading adobe, but also google chrome. Shit! Stop abort, get out, restart the process. Download adobe.

All good. Click the link. Need directTV password. Find it (I use the direct TV iPad app, so I have it handy! Yahoo!)

Type it in, screen goes blank, asks for it again. Type it again. I know it's right, because I checked my try trusty pw book.

Can't watch the Fing nationals. Screw the nationals. I've got better shit to do.
The fact that you gave up makes your screen name very fitting... you just are "Not Core".
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
5/24/2014 4:02pm
Cry me a river justin timberlakeLaughing I watched all motos back to back on the NBC sports app with no real issues. What a bunch of pre madonnas & girls.
steve_97060
5/24/2014 4:03pm
NotCore wrote:
Two years ago, I got DirectTV only because I wanted to watch the nationals. This year they change the channels. Today I watch the first motos...

5/24/2014 4:05pm
Quit bitching, It better than waiting to watch the highlight on Motoworld a week later.
PressPassP
5/24/2014 4:07pm
motoBRD wrote:
Here's a $35 investment that helped me. Its called the Google chrome cast. It let's you stream a Google chrome tab from your computer to your...
Here's a $35 investment that helped me. Its called the Google chrome cast. It let's you stream a Google chrome tab from your computer to your TV, among other things obviously. I've got the races up on the computer at the promotocross.com site "casting" over to the TV. Good picture and good sound. I will be sleeping tonight at 1am...
You just made up my mind weather to get Google Chrome that's cool watching a live stream on a proper TV
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
5/24/2014 4:09pm
NotCore wrote:

Of course it could be better but it is what it is,Deal with it,but don't' come to a forum to complain and bitch like a little girl.
Porush
5/24/2014 4:12pm
I blame this sport and its hiring of insider industry and friends and manfriends.

They need to hire salespeople and marketing people that can sell this sh/t to a sponsor.

Even the series Title guy probably drops more on dinner than it would cost to pay to stream this deal.

Its hard to be a fan of the sport.

I didnt watch a single national last year till it was on Youtube, and probably only saw 5 at that.

Did I say its hard to be a fan of this sport? Id never recommend this sport to anyone.
Its an embarrassment. Sadly. Im heading to the lake until this shits on youtube.
MX Culture
5/24/2014 4:15pm
I have mediacomm, so no MavTV.
went to watch on NBCsn that we pay for and nothing. not there, don't get it.
so I went to the app to watch, must have email for cable provider!?!? wtf? who has that handy?
my chick dug it up after a quite a while. no service, mediacomm doesn't support NBCsn that I PAY for.
then I get a call from Will Topete that he was denied credentials for the event to shoot for motonews.
wow, what a day.
Just watching lap times on the ama app, who woulda thunk it.

Signed, Bummin in Chicago.
DD
thormx11
5/24/2014 4:16pm
If you have the channel on direct tv, you can just watch the second motos on NBC sports live extra for free online. They had practice, preshow, and both motos online for free, not sure if they will do it for all motos or not, but its better than nothing.
Porush
5/24/2014 4:18pm
MX Culture wrote:
I have mediacomm, so no MavTV. went to watch on NBCsn that we pay for and nothing. not there, don't get it. so I went to...
I have mediacomm, so no MavTV.
went to watch on NBCsn that we pay for and nothing. not there, don't get it.
so I went to the app to watch, must have email for cable provider!?!? wtf? who has that handy?
my chick dug it up after a quite a while. no service, mediacomm doesn't support NBCsn that I PAY for.
then I get a call from Will Topete that he was denied credentials for the event to shoot for motonews.
wow, what a day.
Just watching lap times on the ama app, who woulda thunk it.

Signed, Bummin in Chicago.
DD
Why was he denied a credential?

Jesus christ this sport is hokey. Its like all the Doctors running around the pro pits.

You know, those doctors that cant even write a prescription. How do they get a credential?
ab5772
5/24/2014 4:20pm
I'm not really complaining, but watching SD (DirecTV) on a big screen tv is pretty bad. I ended up watching it on the web on my much smaller PC screen. Still enjoying the live motos!
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/24/2014 4:28pm
For what it's worth I can't pull it up on the NBC Sports App on my iPhone. I can get Hockey though .
JW381
5/24/2014 4:38pm
Grizz wrote:
Hey, fuck off guy Laughing no body cares

Sick of people bitching about technology.
True that, working pretty damn good for me on slow-ass Century Link internet. Watched practice on the NBCSN app this morning on my phone. Been a solid day of watching outdoors!
Frodad78
5/24/2014 4:41pm
Time Warner can suck an ass too. Guess I'll do something productive.
willie838
5/24/2014 4:43pm
i'm fully capable of using my roku/plex setup to toss things from laptop up to my tv-it's just that my cable provider is not a listed supporter of the app hence rendering me helpless.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
5/24/2014 4:53pm
I've been watching practice, pre-show & BOTH motos live on the NBC sports app on my iPad, basically HD quality. For the 2nd moto all I had to do was confirm my email & password for my xfinity account, which I had handy since I've known I'll need it for this since last season. Good day or racing & no headaches. For those of you that don't have cable, wtf do you expect?! Pay for cable & you can watch shows, don't pay for it, well you get what you pay for ya cheap asses LaughingLaughingLaughing

MtnBoy
5/24/2014 5:04pm
Meanwhile in some shit hole country there are soldiers putting their life on the line so that dipshits like you can bitch about something so trivial on a Saturday afternoon...all about perspective i guess
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/24/2014 5:12pm
MtnBoy wrote:
Meanwhile in some shit hole country there are soldiers putting their life on the line so that dipshits like you can bitch about something so trivial...
Meanwhile in some shit hole country there are soldiers putting their life on the line so that dipshits like you can bitch about something so trivial on a Saturday afternoon...all about perspective i guess
It is Memorial Day weekend.

I figure I'm alive, just watched 1st motos a little blurry, took a nice nap on my comfy couch, gonna go for a ride down the coast on the Triumph this evening, have a great dinner afterward, maybe another nap, then watch 2nd motos in HD to finish out the day.

Meanwhile my nephew is in some Afghan shithole trying to not get shot by the ragheads he is training. People need to not worry about the small stuff and they will enjoy life a little more
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
5/24/2014 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2014 5:13pm
NotCore wrote:

Damn funny, if you would have watched practice you could have worked out your computer issues then. Best coverage ever IMO.
Grizz
5/24/2014 5:13pm
MtnBoy wrote:
Meanwhile in some shit hole country there are soldiers putting their life on the line so that dipshits like you can bitch about something so trivial...
KennyT wrote:
It is Memorial Day weekend. I figure I'm alive, just watched 1st motos a little blurry, took a nice nap on my comfy couch, gonna go...
It is Memorial Day weekend.

I figure I'm alive, just watched 1st motos a little blurry, took a nice nap on my comfy couch, gonna go for a ride down the coast on the Triumph this evening, have a great dinner afterward, maybe another nap, then watch 2nd motos in HD to finish out the day.

Meanwhile my nephew is in some Afghan shithole trying to not get shot by the ragheads he is training. People need to not worry about the small stuff and they will enjoy life a little more
This. I like this.
5/24/2014 5:14pm
No problems here. We watched the first moto on DirecTV on MAV, and then switched to streaming NBCSN for the second moto. The second moto was even better as it as HD. First moto wasn't all that bad on SD, but the second was awesome! Great day of racing! Those new Yamahas are looking pretty good.

Post a reply to: The nationals can kiss my a$$

The Latest