The most memorable image from Red Bull Straight Rhythm: Josh Hill

Josh Hill looking over at Cunningham as his electric bike blasts through the whoops.

|
rosebud441
10/26/2016 2:16pm
I hope J Hill is cashing a few fatties for all the legitimate exposure he is giving that bike.. Way to go man!!!
10/26/2016 2:41pm
IMO a big step forward for ALTA, it might not be for me, but a big step forward.
GregDVT
10/26/2016 5:01pm
I first got exposed to SX during the reed/hill Yamaha campaign. both of them still get me more excited than any other racers. They also have two of the best personalities in the biz.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/26/2016 5:43pm
I'm sure Cunningham is pumped.
Johnny Depp
10/26/2016 9:46pm
That is the moment we were all watching for. Hill and the Alta delivered like a boss!
mx621
10/27/2016 6:20am
I was curious to why hill wasn't jumping the quad right before the first speed check. Lack of power on the alta, his comfort? I feel like that was the only part of the track he was loosing real ground to the Troy lee ktm Guys. Awesome to see the technology coming to light. Look forward to where this electric thing goes.
10/27/2016 6:34am
Do people realize how revolutionary this is? This bike has proprietary frame, engine etc. And it's American made. And it comes out on its first run and wins. They are only going to refine this thing and you might be witnessing the beginning of end of the internal combustion-powered motorcycle.
Where is Honda's electric mx bike? KTM has one too and they are going to have to step up.
Fourth_Floor
10/27/2016 7:11am
Do people realize how revolutionary this is? This bike has proprietary frame, engine etc. And it's American made. And it comes out on its first run...
Do people realize how revolutionary this is? This bike has proprietary frame, engine etc. And it's American made. And it comes out on its first run and wins. They are only going to refine this thing and you might be witnessing the beginning of end of the internal combustion-powered motorcycle.
Where is Honda's electric mx bike? KTM has one too and they are going to have to step up.
You would have to think the big manufacturers are at the drawing boards after seeing the Alta's debut. As for the quad before the speed check, no clue. Anyone that was there for the event know if he was jumping it in practice? I would have to think he did it at least once in practice or something. I didn't see anywhere on the course that he looked under-powered. He pulled a wholeshot, pulled through the whoops and in the slow mo after the speed check when they both got on the ground he pulled on him there too. The fact this is an American made machine is awesome and now that I seen just how competitive it is the $15,000 price tag doesn't sound crazy. The only issue that only time will tell with these is long term reliability.
gjbruny
10/27/2016 8:01am
You would have to think the big manufacturers are at the drawing boards after seeing the Alta's debut. As for the quad before the speed check...
You would have to think the big manufacturers are at the drawing boards after seeing the Alta's debut. As for the quad before the speed check, no clue. Anyone that was there for the event know if he was jumping it in practice? I would have to think he did it at least once in practice or something. I didn't see anywhere on the course that he looked under-powered. He pulled a wholeshot, pulled through the whoops and in the slow mo after the speed check when they both got on the ground he pulled on him there too. The fact this is an American made machine is awesome and now that I seen just how competitive it is the $15,000 price tag doesn't sound crazy. The only issue that only time will tell with these is long term reliability.
long term reliability "should" blow the doors off any gas bike.
Muezh
10/27/2016 8:04am
Do people realize how revolutionary this is? This bike has proprietary frame, engine etc. And it's American made. And it comes out on its first run...
Exactly! You almost couldn't script it any better.

And how long have we waited for someone in America to do this? Remember how anxious people were for that Buell thing to take off that Dave was working on? Yea. How'd that go. They grenaded the whole project.

These guys roll out some crazy tech and wow.. it rips.
hvaughn88
10/27/2016 8:06am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2016 8:07am
I know straight rhythm isn't the same thing, but KTM went from breaking in half to the powerhouse team. If you would have said that night ping broke his bike that KTM would be THE team, you probably would have been accused of being on bath salts.

Post a reply to: The most memorable image from Red Bull Straight Rhythm: Josh Hill

The Latest