The irony of it all.....

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:30pm
I find it funny and ironic that all the keyboard cowboys that have spent hours in recent month's bashing Mike Alessi and his dad are going to be hanging on tight to his nut sack this weekend, hoping he upholds American pride and beats the damm pesky Euro's at the Glen Helen USGP! Wink
Better grab a tight hold as Mikey's got a big ask this weekend to come out on top, but at least he's in there fighting the good fight! unlike a lot of the teams who have ducked out so their pride isn't hurt when their Hollywood bubble burst's!TongueTongue
|
Fleece192
5/27/2010 2:57am
Most of the bashing was done to Mikes dad not Mike. However I hope Mike kicks ass this weekend and at the rest of the nationals on that 350.Unsure
Racer111
5/27/2010 5:41am
robkinuk wrote:
I find it funny and ironic that all the keyboard cowboys that have spent hours in recent month's bashing Mike Alessi and his dad are going...
I find it funny and ironic that all the keyboard cowboys that have spent hours in recent month's bashing Mike Alessi and his dad are going to be hanging on tight to his nut sack this weekend, hoping he upholds American pride and beats the damm pesky Euro's at the Glen Helen USGP! Wink
Better grab a tight hold as Mikey's got a big ask this weekend to come out on top, but at least he's in there fighting the good fight! unlike a lot of the teams who have ducked out so their pride isn't hurt when their Hollywood bubble burst's!TongueTongue
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am pulling for Ryno this weekend. I lost all respect for Mikey at his first Pro race at Millville and then topped it off with his stunt on Ivan Tedesco at GH. I just can't bring myself to root for him.
5/27/2010 5:46am
We just have a stronger dislike for all you foreigners...........
smc916
5/27/2010 7:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:08pm
Yep, like Racer111 he'll always be this guy to me. I'll be cheering for Dietrich this weekend!

The Shop

Outsider
5/27/2010 7:32am
No, it will just prove our B riders are still faster than Europe's best. Tongue
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/27/2010 7:37am
Even if Alessi does win, all the Euro's will claim home track advantage and use the warm up races that he did in Europe while injured and on a new bike as a reason to show he isn't that fast anywhere else.
raddad
5/27/2010 7:40am
Its damn hard to cheer for MA unless you like that type of guy or are just like him. He is very difficult to like based on the things he does and says not to mention his past going back to mini days, millville, switch gate and many many more.. Nope i will root for a nice centered guy that is also fast as hell and could win..
500guy
5/27/2010 8:06am
Regis wrote:
Even if Alessi does win, all the Euro's will claim home track advantage and use the warm up races that he did in Europe while injured...
Even if Alessi does win, all the Euro's will claim home track advantage and use the warm up races that he did in Europe while injured and on a new bike as a reason to show he isn't that fast anywhere else.
X2

I think Rob is throwing some stinky bait, trying to shame riders into riding a race they have nothing to gain in.

Most of the Cowboys talking shit against the program were Mike fans , the rest not so much.

At the end of the day the World doesn't get the fact that Americans will band together when it comes to Sporting events that include World Participation.
jasonv43
5/27/2010 8:10am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2010 9:19am
robkinuk wrote:
I find it funny and ironic that all the keyboard cowboys that have spent hours in recent month's bashing Mike Alessi and his dad are going...
Racer111 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am pulling for Ryno this weekend. I lost all respect for Mikey at his first Pro race at Millville...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am pulling for Ryno this weekend. I lost all respect for Mikey at his first Pro race at Millville and then topped it off with his stunt on Ivan Tedesco at GH. I just can't bring myself to root for him.
Is it possible for the bike to do good but not the rider?
EmDub425
5/27/2010 8:51am
I hope Alessi get his ass kicked. I would Love to see AC smoke him on a track he has never ridden.

Is that going to happen?? Hell no. Alessi knows that track too well and goes too fast there, he will dominate.
downandup
5/27/2010 8:58am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2010 9:01am
Alessi will probably win, but I'm not going to be cheering him on. Just like some other people, I will be for someone who is more likeable. Mike's like an eel. He never smiles or laughs, and comes out of his hole every now and then to take someone out. He's a great rider, but very unlikable.
jamma10
5/27/2010 8:59am
Regis wrote:
Even if Alessi does win, all the Euro's will claim home track advantage and use the warm up races that he did in Europe while injured...
500guy wrote:
X2 I think Rob is throwing some stinky bait, trying to shame riders into riding a race they have nothing to gain in. Most of the...
X2

I think Rob is throwing some stinky bait, trying to shame riders into riding a race they have nothing to gain in.

Most of the Cowboys talking shit against the program were Mike fans , the rest not so much.

At the end of the day the World doesn't get the fact that Americans will band together when it comes to Sporting events that include World Participation.
Did I just read that right - You don't think the world will get the fact that Americans will band together when it comes to sporting events...!!!

Are you serious? Your patriotism is almost considered comical to the rest of the world.
Nikhil
5/27/2010 9:00am
robkinuk wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am pulling for Ryno this weekend. I lost all respect for Mikey at his first Pro race at Millville...
X2
rc4187
5/27/2010 9:01am
wait a minute... I'm "American" and I'll be rooting for Josh Coppins. Guess I'm a traitor?
robkinuk
5/27/2010 9:02am
Regis wrote:
500guy wrote:
X2 I think Rob is throwing some stinky bait, trying to shame riders into riding a race they have nothing to gain in. Most of the...
X2

jay, Since when was winning the USGP been a no gainer????Unsure The only fact is that every excuse in the book has been used to justify not racing the GP. Teams mention cost, but spare a thought of the cost for the European based teams who have had to spend thousands of dollars coming to a race in California that seemingly you guys don't want!Angry

i just hope the fans that attend Glen Helen, go there with an open mind. I'm sure many are going to be impressed with the speed and style of the World's top riders.
Looks like YS and GH are pulling out all the stops re the circuit and facilities.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/27/2010 9:04am
Rob, how many threads are you going to start, trying to shame U.S. riders into participating?
chrisbuehler
5/27/2010 9:09am
Yeah if Mike blows out his knee I am sure he will sleep fine because he was "doing it for America."
jamma10
5/27/2010 9:14am
Even Cairoli's bored of these threads.
IceMan446
5/27/2010 9:21am
robkinuk wrote:
jay, Since when was winning the USGP been a no gainer????:unsure: The only fact is that every excuse in the book has been used to justify...
jay, Since when was winning the USGP been a no gainer????Unsure The only fact is that every excuse in the book has been used to justify not racing the GP. Teams mention cost, but spare a thought of the cost for the European based teams who have had to spend thousands of dollars coming to a race in California that seemingly you guys don't want!Angry

i just hope the fans that attend Glen Helen, go there with an open mind. I'm sure many are going to be impressed with the speed and style of the World's top riders.
Looks like YS and GH are pulling out all the stops re the circuit and facilities.
Its just as tough for the americans to participate in this event as it is for the euros. The bike requirements alone are a nightmare to try and get set up and get some testing on before the race. Not only that if you are chad reed or eli tomac do you risk the win and points you just earned at the first national for a one off race? The top riders will more then likely attend next year when it is scheduled and they have time to plan for it. Its not about pride its about losing what you have trained hard for all year for a race that gains you nothing except you won the chest pounding contest which the euros will dismiss as home track advantage.
500guy
5/27/2010 9:30am
Regis wrote:
500guy wrote:
X2

robkinuk wrote:
jay, Since when was winning the USGP been a no gainer????:unsure: The only fact is that every excuse in the book has been used to justify...

Face it Rob the USGP is only a gainer for sentimental fools and GP riders. Not for AMA based riders.

But nice try on continually trying to Shame AMA riders into some fantasy you have.

Fact is if Luongo wants Top AMA rider participation he better make it a better deal and at a different time.

for the idiots that think I only cheer for Americans, you really have no clue.
motogrady
5/27/2010 9:34am
robkinuk wrote:

Who says winning any GP is a no gainer?

I'll put it in black and white for those that need it.

The GP riders, the guys that race all over the world deserve every bit of respect there is.

But if the euros on this board think a guy can come in and try to buy our series,
insult the guys that have run it for decades, proclaim his is the best way there is
and everybody else just shut up and dance to his tune, well, you're wrong.

Hey, for the riders sake, I hope the GP does great this weekend.

The rest of 'em can't get back on a plane quick enough for one guy.
robkinuk
5/27/2010 11:07am
500guy wrote:
Face it Rob the USGP is only a gainer for sentimental fools and GP riders. Not for AMA based riders. But nice try on continually trying...
Face it Rob the USGP is only a gainer for sentimental fools and GP riders. Not for AMA based riders.

But nice try on continually trying to Shame AMA riders into some fantasy you have.

Fact is if Luongo wants Top AMA rider participation he better make it a better deal and at a different time.

It's you who continually keeps saying my posts are trying to "shame" riders into competing. Never once have I used the word shame!
Time and time again you have used the "No prize Purse" as the main reason riders aren't competing.
Whilst I agree there should be prize money at GP's, if Red Bull had suddenly posted a prize fund of $250,000 dollars for this one off USGP, do you think a lot of rider's would have had a change of heart?
The timing of the event was pre-determined by the cancellation of the British GP booked for that date and also by Glen helen pulling out of the AMA National contract with MX Sports.
Anyway have a great time at the event, keep us all up to date with what's happening and may the best riders win!
500guy
5/27/2010 12:35pm
500guy wrote:
Face it Rob the USGP is only a gainer for sentimental fools and GP riders. Not for AMA based riders. But nice try on continually trying...

robkinuk wrote:
It's you who continually keeps saying my posts are trying to [b]"shame"[/b] riders into competing. Never once have I used the word shame! Time and time...
It's you who continually keeps saying my posts are trying to "shame" riders into competing. Never once have I used the word shame!
Time and time again you have used the "No prize Purse" as the main reason riders aren't competing.
Whilst I agree there should be prize money at GP's, if Red Bull had suddenly posted a prize fund of $250,000 dollars for this one off USGP, do you think a lot of rider's would have had a change of heart?
The timing of the event was pre-determined by the cancellation of the British GP booked for that date and also by Glen helen pulling out of the AMA National contract with MX Sports.
Anyway have a great time at the event, keep us all up to date with what's happening and may the best riders win!
I think you are getting me wrong.

The top AMA riders are under contract to race the Nationals and try for the best position possible.

That is why there is nothing to gain.

They are not paid to race a surprise GP that they have no part in an overall finish.

I doubt any of the top guys would have showed up even if Red Bull said 250K purse money.
uk125250
5/27/2010 12:44pm
I would want to have an USGP win to hang my hat on when I was old and retired. How often do you ride for the pride of your country, other than MX des nations? Even those that aren't Alessi, Osborne, Albertson, Dietrich, and whoever rides fans they will be for this race. I would be so pumped to see American flags waving for me. Seeing soldiers from surrounding bases cheer you on. Knowing the sacrifices they make. It wouldn't get any better than that for me.
BobbyM
5/27/2010 2:37pm
robkinuk wrote:
I must say I've only pointed the finger at Tony and his crazy ass unorthodox ideas and motivational techniques, Mike is still one of my favorite riders and I hope he kicks ass.
VEGAS711
5/27/2010 3:40pm
GuyB wrote:
Rob, how many threads are you going to start, trying to shame U.S. riders into participating?
Only as many as you let him!Unsure
Stephon
5/27/2010 4:53pm
I'm pretty simple. I'm just gonna go to the GP and see some of the best in the world that decide to race display their talents. I'm also curious to see if MA and the 350 can holeshot that long GH start straight.

Post a reply to: The irony of it all.....

The Latest