Highsider
3/14/2010 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2010 3:49pm
MX Culture wrote:
JR 51...

the next Matthes?

good report.
give us a "good stuff in Iowa" next.

dd
I am guessing this is Checkerz, writing this.

I kinda remember this 'review' from last year, also.

Anyways, thanks for the review!
mxgoon
3/14/2010 3:49pm
Tracks - lap times close to a minute every round so far.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/14/2010 4:04pm
MX Culture wrote:
JR 51...

the next Matthes?

good report.

dd
Highsider wrote:

Correct.

I'd be pumped to be able to go to the races most weekends and write about it, know anyone hiring?

While I'm here, I'll add a couple of more.

The tracks - mentioned above, a bit longer on the lap times, but what I've enjoyed is just the variety. There may be a lot I don't agree with, but every weekend has had a very unique challenge for the riders to tackle.

Rain Cover - Yes, no real full on mudders so far, San Diego gave its best effort but failed. Props to the crew on figuring out how to keep these things dry!

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
3/14/2010 6:02pm
The tracks - got ride of a lot of those one lined bowl turns
Ryan Dungey - guy has been on fire
James Stewart's race with a broken hand was rather incredible looking back at it!
Ryan VIllaptoto's aggressive style
The incredible battles in the lights class

Probably my favorite thing has been watching Kevin Windham and Chris Pourcell ride, especially Pourcell. The guy is sooooooo smooth

Also, the Oklahoman Trey Canard kicking rear!
Crush
3/14/2010 6:17pm
RV doesn't have confidence... He can't... He doesn't understand the concept... hahahaha...
MX Culture
3/14/2010 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:24pm
MX Culture wrote:
JR 51...

the next Matthes?

good report.

dd
Highsider wrote:

oh crap, I'm sorry. i just looked at the last name.

give a report on Phoenix then, or do you even remember it?
by the way 448, sweet suite!

dd
jmar
3/14/2010 7:13pm
I always like to look at the SX season from a positive standpoint because it's so easy to get stuck in the negativity and who is...
I always like to look at the SX season from a positive standpoint because it's so easy to get stuck in the negativity and who is underperforming. I'm curious to what stands out for you guys.

In no particular order:

Ryan Dungey - Are you serious?! Dude, you're a rookie, you're way exceeding expectations!

Ryan Villopoto - It's cool seeing him hang it out and live up to the expectations. He's got some major confidence, and that should be scary to everyone else.

Ryan Morais - Remember that guy from the Lites' west coast? Gets "demoted" from Mitch's team and was still delivering before getting landed on.

Davi Millsaps - Captured a win, been on the box and if the start isn't there, watch out by the end of the race because the #18 is coming a knockin to the top 5.

Wil Hahn - Fast and consistent out west!

K-Dub - Still got it! Love watching the smooth style and extra fire in his style.

Canard - Might not have done what was expected on the 250f, but dannng bringing it on the 450!

Weimer - How many wins? Maturing into a champion

The Rookies - Barcia, WIlson, Baggett... the future is bright

Phil Nicoletti - Minus landing on Morais, impressive season on a privateer KTM

TV Coverage - 4 weekends in a row of nearly Live SX and next day for the rest. LOVE IT!

The racing! - Close championship on the 450s and a group of Lites East riders who absolutely go for it and don't mind bumping. Simply awesome from a fan's view.

Kyle Cunningham - Almost forgot, but how could I not mention. From a start up privateer team running up front to looking great with only a week on the Valli Yamaha. He goes for it, and I like it.

Ivan Tedesco - Top 5 and going fast week in and week out.
Great post Jeremy.

It's nice to see a post that is positive and is from someone who clearly understands the the sport.
Highsider
3/14/2010 7:23pm
jmar wrote:
Great post Jeremy.

It's nice to see a post that is positive and is from someone who clearly understands the the sport.
Credit where credit is due...this is Checkers, Chris, not JR, but they are brothers.

It's all good, jmar!
jmar
3/14/2010 7:31pm
jmar wrote:
Great post Jeremy.

Highsider wrote:
Credit where credit is due...this is Checkers, Chris, not JR, but they are brothers.

It's all good, jmar!
A post like this is all good.

Just wish we could see more.
raddad
3/14/2010 7:35pm
Very honest Observations, it always nice to see an unbiased look at the great riders we have!
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
3/14/2010 8:49pm
The highlight for me so far is to see Langston back out there (cept for the Daytona get-off).

This crop of rookies (Barcia, Baggett, Wilson, etc) is probably the best in the last decade.

Seeing hotsauce riding near the front after almost having to ride out of his pickup truck is awesome.

Factoryphoto
3/14/2010 8:57pm
Live TV coverage is great along with some great tracks and racing. Future is looking awesome.
Crush
3/14/2010 9:10pm
Reedy just had these posted on his site reasonably recently... Talking with some dude on there...

3 hours ago @ [TwoTwo] - Reed tests recovery pr... · 0 replies · +1 points
hope you had a great night mike. wish i were there but i need a little more time to heal....
I agree that sand in the turns looks cool and as a rider sometimes its fun BUT racing it never ends up so fun nor does it create passing.....sand before whoops defeats the purpose of whoops IMO because the plain old nature of sand is that the inside is always the fastest. You have to remember that the sand they use is typically what i would call beach sand thats really soft so once everyone goes to the inside thats the dominant line. just my 2 centsSmile
hope you didnt get to wet up there i hear it rained all day
CR

23 hours ago @ [TwoTwo] - Reed tests recovery pr... · 2 replies · +1 points
not sure about you guys but that race was frustrating to watch! as a fellow promoter i understand the challenge of finding that fine line of a safe track but one that also challenges the riders
its not like its rocket science to figure out that sand creates one line! i sure wish they would figure that out! sand rules i love it! but if you "have" to have it in SX than make a crazy straight away.....replace the whoops with a fun sand section or something its not like there big challenging whoops anyway
that track was an average "race track" at best!
yes yes i know iv been home to longSmile .....
after watching tonights race my goal is to try work with feld motorsports and have them work on a safe system that would stop the bikes/riders potentially flying into the stands off of the berms
that way we could have the berms back and IMO the riders would have more chances to make passes......which is what we ALL want to see
ok im tiredSmile
mxtryon231
3/14/2010 11:55pm
I always like to look at the SX season from a positive standpoint because it's so easy to get stuck in the negativity and who is...
I always like to look at the SX season from a positive standpoint because it's so easy to get stuck in the negativity and who is underperforming. I'm curious to what stands out for you guys.

In no particular order:

Ryan Dungey - Are you serious?! Dude, you're a rookie, you're way exceeding expectations!

Ryan Villopoto - It's cool seeing him hang it out and live up to the expectations. He's got some major confidence, and that should be scary to everyone else.

Ryan Morais - Remember that guy from the Lites' west coast? Gets "demoted" from Mitch's team and was still delivering before getting landed on.

Davi Millsaps - Captured a win, been on the box and if the start isn't there, watch out by the end of the race because the #18 is coming a knockin to the top 5.

K-Dub - Still got it! Love watching the smooth style and extra fire in his style.

Canard - Might not have done what was expected on the 250f, but dannng bringing it on the 450!

TV Coverage - 4 weekends in a row of nearly Live SX and next day for the rest. LOVE IT!

The racing! - Close championship on the 450s and a group of Lites East riders who absolutely go for it and don't mind bumping. Simply awesome from a fan's view.

Kyle Cunningham - Almost forgot, but how could I not mention. From a start up privateer team running up front to looking great with only a week on the Valli Yamaha. He goes for it, and I like it.

good post..

Two things though.. Canard is in the hunt for the 250 west lites.. so he is having a great season all around so far!

I would also add Josh Hill to your report for coming out and stringing together four 2nd place finishes, and continuing to ride with broken bones and a battered body.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/15/2010 12:00am
MX Culture wrote:
oh crap, I'm sorry. i just looked at the last name. give a report on Phoenix then, or do you even remember it? by the way...
oh crap, I'm sorry. i just looked at the last name.

give a report on Phoenix then, or do you even remember it?
by the way 448, sweet suite!

dd
I do... I don't remember seeing you after the race though, oh! because you weren't with us haha. I'm assuming I'll see you in Vegas, and I'll give you an update on the races afterwards somewhere on the strip.

Yes, I'm Chris; the one sitting in the stands while JR was doing half nacs and butt whips haha.

Good call on the Josh Hill mention. It has to be extremely challenging for him to go out there every weekend hurt, knowing he's not going to be where he is capable of at the end of the race.

And even better call about having Langston back. No matter where he is in the results, it's great seeing him back!
raddad
3/15/2010 7:40am
After reading the will Dungey blow it thread i thought that this thread was appropriate to bring back!
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/15/2010 9:29am
raddad wrote:
After reading the will Dungey blow it thread i thought that this thread was appropriate to bring back!
Funny because this started after a Millsaps bashing thread.
TerryB
3/15/2010 9:38am

In no particular order:

I'm really enjoying the 250 East chase. Barcia and Stroupe have brought some drama to what would be a snoozer without them.

Canard, KW, Wilson, Dungey and RV... Nice job, I think you nailed it. I'm enjoying this SX season like no other.

Post a reply to: The good stuff in 2010 SX

The Latest