The end in sight...

LAS VEGAS – NASCAR announced on Thursday at Wynn Las Vegas a multi-year deal that will make Monster Energy only the third entitlement sponsor in premier series history.

The length and terms of the deal were not disclosed, but both parties hailed the partnership as the perfect fit for both brands.

A few Moto teams should be worried about NASCARS new sponsor
Glad I'm no longer a team owner
Will be interesting..

— Chad Reed (@CRtwotwo) 1 December 2016

|
kkawboy14
12/2/2016 4:03am
Good move for NASCAR to be reaching out to a younger crowd. My guess is there wasn't a huge bidding war and Monster got a killer deal!
Moto is chicken scratch of a percentage in their marketing budget.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
12/2/2016 4:07am
Red Bull throws a shit ton of money (for normal people) at E-Sports. I think big energy drink companies got plenty of money to throw around.
Tbteam
12/2/2016 4:17am
This means, by the way, that now the NASCAR Championship will be known as the "Monster Energy Cup". Sound familiar?
12/2/2016 4:47am
The mx teams may lose sponsorship money but not fans. Fans follow the sport, not the energy drink. I'm sure teams will still have sufficient funds to be viable.

The Shop

Mikkis
12/2/2016 5:14am
I would be happy to see monster leaving sx/mx Grinning
KTMShane699
12/2/2016 5:20am
The mx teams may lose sponsorship money but not fans. Fans follow the sport, not the energy drink. I'm sure teams will still have sufficient funds...
The mx teams may lose sponsorship money but not fans. Fans follow the sport, not the energy drink. I'm sure teams will still have sufficient funds to be viable.
Fans don't provide the capital up front to field a team. There's a reason why factory efforts started seeking outside sponsorship. It wasn't out of desire as much of need. Race teams don't make money when you look at their expenses. The money involved to the manufacturer is offset by the money from outside sponsors making it worthwhile.

This very well may have a larger impact than you think if outside sponsorship dollars dry up.
LungButter
12/2/2016 5:46am
Maybe this means Feld won't be able to do a 25 round SX series?

I would be ok with that.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
12/2/2016 5:54am
Why does everyone hate monster so much. They pump a lot of money into our sport and riders. I'm not a big fan of the actual claw but hey if it's pays the bills. I am not bashing Lucas oil by any means, but they don't seem to do as much for the sport or the riders as monster does "money wise".
Sully22
12/2/2016 6:03am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 6:06am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Good move for NASCAR to be reaching out to a younger crowd. My guess is there wasn't a huge bidding war and Monster got a killer...
Good move for NASCAR to be reaching out to a younger crowd. My guess is there wasn't a huge bidding war and Monster got a killer deal!
word has it they're sponsoring at about 40%, $20 million a year, compared to the $50 million sprint was paying.
APLMAN99
12/2/2016 6:25am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Good move for NASCAR to be reaching out to a younger crowd. My guess is there wasn't a huge bidding war and Monster got a killer...
Sully22 wrote:
word has it they're sponsoring at about 40%, $20 million a year, compared to the $50 million sprint was paying.
That's what Comcast/Xfinity are paying each year to sponsor the former Nationwide series. They signed the latest contract in 2014.

Could NASCAR stock have fallen that far, that fast? Is it possible that their premier series only gets the same amount of money that their "minor league" got just 2 years ago?

Sounds a bit extreme. I could see a $20M basic fee, with the "ups" tied to sales growth, etc., plus extra marketing fees paid by Monster for merchandise and other things. I just can't see that the price has dropped to the same as the Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity series.
Sully22
12/2/2016 6:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Sully22 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
That's what Comcast/Xfinity are paying each year to sponsor the former Nationwide series. They signed the latest contract in 2014. Could NASCAR stock have fallen that...
That's what Comcast/Xfinity are paying each year to sponsor the former Nationwide series. They signed the latest contract in 2014.

Could NASCAR stock have fallen that far, that fast? Is it possible that their premier series only gets the same amount of money that their "minor league" got just 2 years ago?

Sounds a bit extreme. I could see a $20M basic fee, with the "ups" tied to sales growth, etc., plus extra marketing fees paid by Monster for merchandise and other things. I just can't see that the price has dropped to the same as the Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity series.
That is a HUGE drop. I posted this link in the other thread. that's a far cry from the 75-100 million a year they were seeking.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/18181321/monster-energ…
ktm212
12/2/2016 6:33am
Mikkis wrote:
I would be happy to see monster leaving sx/mx Grinning
I dont get statements like these, they're blantantly ignorant. Monster, heck all the energy drinks, are the backbone of motocross/supercross funding, without them there is no pro motocross. Between team sponsorship, personal sponsors, they front probably 3/5 of the bill for our entire sport.
12/2/2016 9:32am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Why does everyone hate monster so much. They pump a lot of money into our sport and riders. I'm not a big fan of the actual...
Why does everyone hate monster so much. They pump a lot of money into our sport and riders. I'm not a big fan of the actual claw but hey if it's pays the bills. I am not bashing Lucas oil by any means, but they don't seem to do as much for the sport or the riders as monster does "money wise".
Because it's liquid poison?

I mean, are we not supposed to care who sponsors events so long as the money is rolling in?
Excaliburbmx
12/2/2016 9:36am
Because we want to see riders not making any money because some hate an energy drink.

Who cares maybe they want a product they could use like playtex tampons or preporation h
12/2/2016 9:36am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Why does everyone hate monster so much. They pump a lot of money into our sport and riders. I'm not a big fan of the actual...

I mean, are we not supposed to care who sponsors events so long as the money is rolling in?
I don't anticipate Whole Foods perceiving a strong ROI on pitching to the moto crowd anytime soon....
KBOLTZ
12/2/2016 9:46am
Joe Camel and Coors need to come back.
Ryno23
Fantasy
891st
12/2/2016 10:28am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 10:29am
KBOLTZ wrote:
LOL. That is JUST what I was thinking! I remember Rick Johnson popping a Coors on the podium one night. And EVERY bike had CAMEL on the number plate! HOLY SHIT!!! CIGARETTES!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?! God forbid an energy drink company be a sponsor NOW! What is next?? Only thing that could be worse is the Democratic party sponsoring SX!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

ok...... this is stupid.

Fact is, SOME of you twits on here will find anything to bitch about! Monster pumps a shit load of money into the sport. There are plenty things out there that are far worse. Just saying.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
12/2/2016 11:14am
I'm going to be savvy here and go for the complementary investments. I'm thinking leather is pegged for a jump. That's a lot of trashy outfits to order.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
12/2/2016 11:38am
KBOLTZ wrote:
Who else has been to the Olympia (Beer) Superbowl of Motocross???!!! Bring it back!!!!!! Heck, Clydesdales are the four-strokes of the horse industry! Bring on the Bud!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
12/2/2016 11:47am
Nascar has been declining for a while now.( In my opinion/everything I hear/read. It still makes a shit ton of money. I wouldn't be surpised if Monster didn't have too pay much for Sponsorship of the series.
KBOLTZ
12/2/2016 12:08pm
Weed Maps next SX title sponsor... stamp it.
12/2/2016 12:13pm
You know what I don't like? The bullshit clause that says no energy drink cars allowed that are not currently sponsoring a driver. So, Rockstar or Red Bull want to get involved and sponsor a team, they are no longer allowed to sponsor a team, so teams now lose potential future revenue so Monster can have a stranglehold on that avenue of racing.

Same as with GoPro, hate that tactic in racing series sponsorship.
12/2/2016 12:16pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
Ryno23 wrote:
LOL. That is JUST what I was thinking! I remember Rick Johnson popping a Coors on the podium one night. And EVERY bike had CAMEL on...
LOL. That is JUST what I was thinking! I remember Rick Johnson popping a Coors on the podium one night. And EVERY bike had CAMEL on the number plate! HOLY SHIT!!! CIGARETTES!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?! God forbid an energy drink company be a sponsor NOW! What is next?? Only thing that could be worse is the Democratic party sponsoring SX!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

ok...... this is stupid.

Fact is, SOME of you twits on here will find anything to bitch about! Monster pumps a shit load of money into the sport. There are plenty things out there that are far worse. Just saying.
I'd honestly argue an energy drink is worse than alcohol and cigarettes, I personally know of a kid who is 16 who got bowel cancer from monster energy.

But yes cigarettes and alcohol shouldn't be advertised either, but having cancer at the age of 16 is no joke, kids can't legally but alcohol so they look for the next thing that makes them feel like an adult.
12/2/2016 12:19pm
CrGuy2T wrote:

I don't anticipate Whole Foods perceiving a strong ROI on pitching to the moto crowd anytime soon....
hahaha. No shit right.

Liquid poison is the perfect sponsor for this demographic. Even better would be big pharma, whichever company is responsible for the making of oxycontins or adderall.

But so would health insurance.

The serious point I was actually making was let's say El Chapo was a sponsor of a event you attend. People would throw a shit fit if the title sponsor was a world leader in the illegal narcotics trade. Anyone with any non-indoctrinated education in health knows that energy drinks and sugar in general pose a greater health risk to mankind than cocaine ever could. But nobody seems to care because it's packaged as a "energy drink" and legal. Just hand another one to your 10 year old and then complain to your peers how shitty your kids behaviour is. Time to put the kid on adhd medication. Then wonder why your kid cant behave or concentrate at school. Blame the already fucked up school system. Rinse, repeat.

This country is nuts. The manufacturers of OXYCONTIN could be the title sponsor of the series and everyone would be stoked?

The people that hate on Monster are the few people left who have a pulse. Either that or they're just sick of DirtShart videos and the shitstain lifestyle they promote hahaha.

12/2/2016 12:23pm
I'd honestly argue an energy drink is worse than alcohol and cigarettes, I personally know of a kid who is 16 who got bowel cancer from...
I'd honestly argue an energy drink is worse than alcohol and cigarettes, I personally know of a kid who is 16 who got bowel cancer from monster energy.

But yes cigarettes and alcohol shouldn't be advertised either, but having cancer at the age of 16 is no joke, kids can't legally but alcohol so they look for the next thing that makes them feel like an adult.
Tobacco is relatively harmless.

Cigarettes as we know them today are pretty bad.
Alcohol is indefensible if we're being honest.

And yeah, energy drinks are likely worse than both.

But at the end of the day, advertising of these products has already been proven to not create new customers. They're effective at stealing customers from rival brands. But they are not responsible for creating "new" alcohol drinkers or smokers. I know we'd all like to think that's the case, cause it absolves us of any parental responsibility. But kids learn way more in the first 4 years of their lives watching their parents behaviour and then following the cycle than any ad campaign could ever counter-influence.
KBOLTZ
12/2/2016 12:24pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
Ryno23 wrote:
LOL. That is JUST what I was thinking! I remember Rick Johnson popping a Coors on the podium one night. And EVERY bike had CAMEL on...

ok...... this is stupid.

I'd honestly argue an energy drink is worse than alcohol and cigarettes, I personally know of a kid who is 16 who got bowel cancer from...

Dam that's crazy. Poor kid.
CC268
Fantasy
3549th
12/2/2016 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 12:30pm
Monster goes great with those Club Tattoo and SRH graphics on your guys' bikes though. And that flat bill FMF hat and the tank.

Seriously though...have you ever seen the type of people that show up to Supercross? I love it..it has to be one of the greatest people watching events in all of human history. Bro city - bring on the trophy trucks and cigarettes! Woo hooo lmao
KBOLTZ
12/2/2016 12:30pm
CC268 wrote:
Monster goes great with those Club Tattoo and SRH graphics on your guys' bikes though. And that flat bill FMF hat and the tank. Seriously though...have...
Monster goes great with those Club Tattoo and SRH graphics on your guys' bikes though. And that flat bill FMF hat and the tank.

Seriously though...have you ever seen the type of people that show up to Supercross? I love it..it has to be one of the greatest people watching events in all of human history. Bro city - bring on the trophy trucks and cigarettes! Woo hooo lmao
People watching is a favored past time of my father and I at Moto events. Great entertainment.
CC268
Fantasy
3549th
12/2/2016 12:34pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
People watching is a favored past time of my father and I at Moto events. Great entertainment.
It makes me feel somewhat ashamed to be associated with those people, but the views are comical. So many kids in high school gave me shit for racing moto...because they saw THAT side of the sport. All the spodes who don't know anything about "real" riding ruin the image.

Post a reply to: The end in sight...

The Latest