The Sh*& Paul Malin says.....

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
9/29/2012 10:42am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 10:51am
Maybe he didn't mean not ready as in "[i]isn't good enough or isn't up to it[/i]" but rather... "[i]doesn't want to[/i]". If Zach said he wasn't...
Maybe he didn't mean not ready as in "isn't good enough or isn't up to it" but rather... "doesn't want to".

If Zach said he wasn't ready to move from the 250s, he may just meant "I don't want to move from the 250s".
Regis wrote:
Did you hear him say it? He said Zach isn't ready to race MX1. He meant it in a condescending way. Like he was taking a...
Did you hear him say it?

He said Zach isn't ready to race MX1. He meant it in a condescending way. Like he was taking a lateral step to race the 250's in America.

I can picture a guy like Zach sitting in Europe thinking, "Well, Dang. I'm just not quite ready to race MX1. Guess it's time to try to go back to America"

Anyways, you can get a good feeling for how this guy feels accompanied by all the other things he says and has said in the past. It isn't jus this one particular quote.
Xavier wrote:
When I heard it I thought somebody was going to react like you do. Really, what he should have said (or probably wanted to mean) is...
When I heard it I thought somebody was going to react like you do.

Really, what he should have said (or probably wanted to mean) is that "due to the 23y-o MX2 "you're out" rule, Zach would have had to switch to a 450 to race MX1, had he stayed in Europe, but he did not feel ready for the 450's and had a good offer to race 250F's at home, so f... yeah he prefered that option.

But the way he shortened it -probably in order to avoid giving the impression that Zach was leaving the GP circus to join the US circus because the US was a better circus, or better $$, or both- it turned out hard to comprehend (if one did not know about the 23y-o MX2 rule).

Still, Paul holds many hours of talk online and does a pretty good job at it, in my opinion.
I know the rule.

Again, given Malin's past comments, both during this event and in past events, I took it the way I believe he meant it. He does a great job in calling a race. no doubt. However he is relentless at taking jabs anything that isn't GP.

He was downright giddy when Barcia went down.
pilotdude
9/29/2012 11:09am
Paul Malin is the most biased, unprofessional, condescending, anti-American announcer I have ever had the displeasure to hear. It's the same every single year. They should throw his ass out and replace him with someone who isn't a blatant America hater.

He is a 100%, dyed-in-the-wool fucking DISGRACE.
burnside
9/29/2012 11:19am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 11:52am
You are letting your country down with the gibberish you've been typing on here the last few days.
9/29/2012 11:40am
I think the races were going less than stellar for team USA and some of you American guys were already irritated and reading into things.

But OK, if that's wrong... then when he commentates tomorrow why don't you keep a mental list of the 2 or 3 anti American things he's (apparently) bound to say, and then post them back here. Because personally I don't see any more of that stuff from Paul than I do from Jeff Emig.

The Shop

fgb729
9/29/2012 11:42am
he said something along the lines of "it appears it's all or nothing for Barcia, even in the qualifier."
Idk why but it made me laugh ha
tns
9/29/2012 11:44am
zac has said he is not ready to step up to the big bike yet so he is taking a ride in the u.s but he will be back to race the gp's again before the end of his career.Zac is a good lad and if he had of wanted to stay and ride the 450 dixon would of given him a top rate bike
burnside
9/29/2012 11:54am
Be interesting to hear Jeffro's commentary on the US broadcast. Esp if USA don't win.
CamP
9/29/2012 11:58am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 11:59am
burnside wrote:
Be interesting to hear Jeffro's commentary on the US broadcast. Esp if USA don't win.
Emig may believe that the premier series is in the US, but he isn't a Euro hater.

Malin, on the other hand, always enjoys trash talking anything American. He's the king of sour grapes.
burnside
9/29/2012 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 12:01pm
burnside wrote:
CamP wrote:
Emig may believe that the premier series is in the US, but he isn't a Euro hater. Malin, on the other hand, always enjoys trash talking...
Emig may believe that the premier series is in the US, but he isn't a Euro hater.

Malin, on the other hand, always enjoys trash talking anything American. He's the king of sour grapes.
Also don't forget Malin has the tough job of calling the races on his own (which I think is a dumb move by the broadcast crew), so there is more chance of him going on tangents and talking bollocks. There is no doubt he is bias though haha. I really doubt he 'hates' the National series.
Mondamx
9/29/2012 12:01pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
A couple years ago he was trying to draw Bailey into a AMA vs GP debate during the USGP but Bailey was having none of it.
That's because David has full respect. His comentary at the USGP was to the point and as it is. His eye for what is going on is as good as it gets and he can relay that info in to words. Commentating is no easy gig.

Bailey and Emig are as good as it get for me. Next is Malin.
9/29/2012 12:18pm
I don't think Paul "hates" America. If anything, I think like a lot of people (except Americans) he's excited by the fact the USA seem to be struggling....it's actually for the first time in a while feasible that another team could win! Granted he is somewhat biased!
mx836
9/29/2012 1:06pm
burnside wrote:
You are letting your country down with the gibberish you've been typing on here the last few days.
Agreed. It's people like this that set the stage for everyone to hate on Americans.
Mondamx
9/29/2012 1:09pm
I don't think Paul "hates" America. If anything, I think like a lot of people (except Americans) he's excited by the fact the USA seem to...
I don't think Paul "hates" America. If anything, I think like a lot of people (except Americans) he's excited by the fact the USA seem to be struggling....it's actually for the first time in a while feasible that another team could win! Granted he is somewhat biased!
We are pumped because it is as level as it has been in recent memory.
ehr400
9/29/2012 1:21pm
burnside wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Agreed. It's people like this that set the stage for everyone to hate on Americans.
So when McCread and Muhammed act they way they do it sets the stage for everyone to hate on Euros? So when the shoe is on the other foot it is cool?

Assholes are assholes, and by you not saying that you are saying it is cool to hate on Americans?
DanDunes818
9/29/2012 1:28pm
Paul has always been a bit on the biased side against the US and especially for the Nations broadcast. I've often joked about it. Do I blame him? Nope. It's the Motocross of Nations; we are all biased this weekend. Well, I am at least.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
9/29/2012 1:37pm
I think its funny seeing everyone get wound up about QUALIFYING. If we lose tomorrow I wont be on the boards for like a week. Its pretty obvious that US guys want to see the US win and any other country wants the US to lose, which doesnt bother me. Its like a Red Sox/Yankees rivalry.

I think we need to relax though, US guys its gonna be okay. Im not worried, because we were sitting on 6-3-2 scores before the whole Barcia thing. Then we had 6-3-5, before Barcia got DQ'd, think about it which other countries had scores that good? Only Germany and Belgium were better. Most teams have a weak link, we dont really have that, we just have to stay upright.

Remember they drop 1 moto score out of 6. I think we will be fine.
slipdog
9/29/2012 1:40pm
fgb729 wrote:
he said something along the lines of "it appears it's all or nothing for Barcia, even in the qualifier." Idk why but it made me laugh...
he said something along the lines of "it appears it's all or nothing for Barcia, even in the qualifier."
Idk why but it made me laugh ha
After Dungey's 6th and Baggett's 3rd, I think he was putting a lot of pressure on himself. As far as the comment goes...

ATKpilot99
9/29/2012 1:40pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
A couple years ago he was trying to draw Bailey into a AMA vs GP debate during the USGP but Bailey was having none of it.
Mondamx wrote:
That's because David has full respect. His comentary at the USGP was to the point and as it is. His eye for what is going on...
That's because David has full respect. His comentary at the USGP was to the point and as it is. His eye for what is going on is as good as it gets and he can relay that info in to words. Commentating is no easy gig.

Bailey and Emig are as good as it get for me. Next is Malin.
I agree. And btw I don't mind Malin at all. I can certainly hear his bias but it doesn't bother me.
burnside
9/29/2012 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 1:44pm
ehr400 wrote:
So when McCread and Muhammed act they way they do it sets the stage for everyone to hate on Euros? So when the shoe is on...
So when McCread and Muhammed act they way they do it sets the stage for everyone to hate on Euros? So when the shoe is on the other foot it is cool?

Assholes are assholes, and by you not saying that you are saying it is cool to hate on Americans?
Its not cool, but some people make it very easy Wink

Truth be known I love America, well parts of California I've visited and Austin, TX. My girlfriend lives in San Diego, have prob collectively spent over a year there in the past 4 years. You just have to take the rednecks with a pinch of salt. Plenty of those round these parts too though.
ehr400
9/29/2012 1:49pm
ehr400 wrote:
So when McCread and Muhammed act they way they do it sets the stage for everyone to hate on Euros? So when the shoe is on...

burnside wrote:
Its not cool, but some people make it very easy ;) Truth be known I love America, well parts of California I've visited and Austin, TX...
Its not cool, but some people make it very easy Wink

Truth be known I love America, well parts of California I've visited and Austin, TX. My girlfriend lives in San Diego, have prob collectively spent over a year there in the past 4 years. You just have to take the rednecks with a pinch of salt. Plenty of those round these parts too though.
I know some people make it, some others have subtle undertones.

You are one of the level headed people that can see that. Cool
Alex
9/29/2012 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 2:05pm
The Zach coment was a reasonable one in fairness to Malin so maby another example could have been picked to make the point, but seriously did you ever hear the idiot who used to call the GP racing before Malin started. Never has a bigger turd been taken on the art of race commentary than by that idiot, and he did it every week without fail. I'm so glad they got rid of him.
machine
9/29/2012 2:12pm
The Euro fans don't complain when Fro and RC say things like "the US has the best riders in the world hands down".

It's no biggie to me. If you want to shut the guy up, we need to win.
tns
9/29/2012 2:16pm
Its great how you say paul hates americans yet if you listened to all that he said during the week he went to diner with some of the american team after arriving,he also pointed out dungey made it to 4th before trouble with his vision,he also said what good lines blake was taking.He does a better job than some of the guys that have done the job before and unless he has someone else with good knowledge in the box with him he does struggle to fill.Again i will say it ZAC said he is not ready for mx1 paul was just repeating what he said .
pilotdude
9/29/2012 2:16pm
machine wrote:
The Euro fans don't complain when Fro and RC say things like "the US has the best riders in the world hands down". It's no biggie...
The Euro fans don't complain when Fro and RC say things like "the US has the best riders in the world hands down".

We do win. We've done it 7 years in a row and that hasn't shut that asswipe's piehole.
9/29/2012 2:21pm
Alex wrote:
The Zach coment was a reasonable one in fairness to Malin so maby another example could have been picked to make the point, but seriously did...
The Zach coment was a reasonable one in fairness to Malin so maby another example could have been picked to make the point, but seriously did you ever hear the idiot who used to call the GP racing before Malin started. Never has a bigger turd been taken on the art of race commentary than by that idiot, and he did it every week without fail. I'm so glad they got rid of him.
Kenny Kay was it?? I'm not sure. I don't like to beat up on people but yeah, he wasn't a great commentator imo either lol. I used to quite like Rodger Warren. Now and again he comes in the booth with Paul and you can still hear him commentating track side in the background.
machine
9/29/2012 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2012 2:24pm
machine wrote:
The Euro fans don't complain when Fro and RC say things like "the US has the best riders in the world hands down". It's no biggie...

pilotdude wrote:
We do win. We've done it 7 years in a row and that hasn't shut that asswipe's piehole.
I hear ya...Grinning
lucero10x
9/29/2012 2:26pm
338 would top ten in mx1. Not sure how that "isn't ready".
9/29/2012 2:50pm
malin smoked emig (and the rest of the worlds 125 riders) both races- he wasnt even a 125 rider at the time (he'd been riding the...
malin smoked emig (and the rest of the worlds 125 riders) both races- he wasnt even a 125 rider at the time (he'd been riding the 250 all year in gps)- team gb won the nations that year, was a shock result really!!!! malin rode out of his skin that day

as a former mxdn winner, and gp winner i think he is entitled to say whatever he wants- he's no worse than emig in that respect

it would be oool to get them both in the booth and have a bit of banter about 94- not sure emig would like it though
In that case every MXoN winner ever gets to say ignorant shit based on your logic...
PressPassP
9/29/2012 3:46pm
lucero10x wrote:
338 would top ten in mx1. Not sure how that "isn't ready".
GP Standings top 10

1 222 Cairoli, A. ITA
2 25 Desalle, C. BEL
3 21 Paulin, G. FRA
4 377 Pourcel, C. FRA
5 9 de Dycker, Ken BEL
6 22 Strijbos, K. BEL
7 121 Boog, Xavier FRA
8 4 Leok, Tanel EST
9 777 Bobryshev, E. RUS
10 999 Goncalves, Rui POR

Not making the 10

Frossard FRA injured (last years runner up)
Nagl GER injured
Philippaerts ITA injured

Moving up in 2013

Searle GBR
Van Horbeek BEL
Roelants BEL
and others

Zach has done great in his time here and says it's tough leaving,but with the 23 year old rule he's way better off taking a ride like that,shame he had a problem in his Moto today but I thinkit's clear to see how good he's become,but to crack the top 10 on the 450 net year would be a big ask,I hope he does really weel,he's a great guy and won lots offans over here Smile

Post a reply to: The Sh*& Paul Malin says.....

The Latest