The Reason Behind Dungey's Success

Related:
Create New Tag

Faceaz

Vital MX member Faceaz
11328 Faceaz /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Faceaz,11328/all 07/28/08 1 52 1271

Posts: 1323

Joined: 7/28/2008

Location: Glendale, AZ USA

8/20/2012 5:31 PM

jpmoney57 wrote:

maybe dungey should beat stewy rv and reed straight up before the world blows smoke up his ass and hails him the greatest ever?...ok im going to get blocked now because people cant hack the truth on here...

mx 219 wrote:

He beat Stewie yesterday "straight up"...

Reed: I like him, always have, but I think Dungey has him covered outdoors now. I think last year Reed rode the best he ever has/will outdoors until Milville moto 2.

RV: has to stay healthy, he has been injured more than Stewart was at this point in his career on the big bikes. People talk about Stewart always crashing, but RV is always hurt.

I dont think Dungey has much to worry about really, just keep doing what he is doing. Faster (lap times) doesnt always equal a better race.

BR_HERO wrote: I dont think Dungey has much to worry about really, just keep doing what he is doing. Faster (lap times) doesnt always equal a better race.

RV, CR, JS, JB, DW, TC will all be at A1 healthy, and you think he has nothing to worry about?

The only thing Dungey has to worry about is: Will he be healthy through the season & will those riders still be healthy in May.

RbR

Vital MX member RbR
31277 RbR http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/31277/avatar/c50_IMG_0398_1504536874.jpg?1504536464 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/RbR,31277/all 12/09/11 1 18 876 11

Posts: 894

Joined: 12/9/2011

Location: Saint Paul, MN USA

8/20/2012 5:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2012 5:32 PM

So, to summerize two pages of utter muteness ......... I knew a man that woulda coulda shoulda .... but didn't.

Faceaz

Vital MX member Faceaz
11328 Faceaz /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Faceaz,11328/all 07/28/08 1 52 1271

Posts: 1323

Joined: 7/28/2008

Location: Glendale, AZ USA

8/20/2012 5:36 PM

RbR wrote:

So, to summerize two pages of utter muteness ......... I knew a man that woulda coulda shoulda .... but didn't.

gsxrcr28

Vital MX member gsxrcr28
14410 gsxrcr28 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/14410/avatar/c50_IMG_0006_1495485208.jpg?1495485195 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/gsxrcr28,14410/all 03/05/09 4 20 57 7380 25 1

Posts: 7437

Joined: 3/5/2009

Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

8/20/2012 5:37 PM

Dungey's success is due to a lot of things starting with hard work and dedication. Also, if you are comparing him to Reed, RV, Canard and Stewart I think he is not willing to push past the edge of his ability and risk a spectacular crash very often, which has shown to be an excellent choice. JMO

bents

Vital MX member bents
18431 bents http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18431/avatar/c50_image_1375542030.jpg?1375541594 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/bents,18431/all 12/31/09 2 69 2127 22

Posts: 2196

Joined: 12/31/2009

Location: CAN

8/20/2012 6:44 PM

Let's see here. The dude has tunnel vision for focus, never does anything get in the way of his priority, which is staying fit as possible, testing, riding, training, and trying to win races. He has a great team behind him, they all respect and trust each other and work together for the greater good. He respects his competition and always expects them to be at their best. Dungey is a motocross machine and when all is said and done, he may not get to RC's records, but he is going to get very very close. Closer than anyone else.

"We are the architects of our own fate." Muhammad Yunus

newmann

Vital MX member newmann
6232 newmann http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/6232/avatar/c50_614585238_1207253287.jpg?1294182303 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/newmann,6232/all 04/01/08 19 1 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/newmann,6232/setup 942 20314 8 54

Posts: 21256

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

8/20/2012 6:53 PM

BR_HERO wrote: I dont think Dungey has much to worry about really, just keep doing what he is doing. Faster (lap times) doesnt always equal a better race.

RV, CR, JS, JB, DW, TC will all be at A1 healthy, and you think he has nothing to worry about?

Come A1, what are the chances that all those names will be healthy and on the line. Hasn't happened yet. Every year we keep hearing about this "perfect storm" at A1 yet it never seems to happen.

machine

Vital MX member machine
25020 machine http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/25020/avatar/c50_webb_1435602546.jpg?1435601819 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/machine,25020/all 01/05/11 5 15 185 6136 1

Posts: 6321

Joined: 1/5/2011

Location: Collettsville, NC USA

8/20/2012 6:58 PM

newmann wrote:

Come A1, what are the chances that all those names will be healthy and on the line. Hasn't happened yet. Every year we keep hearing about this "perfect storm" at A1 yet it never seems to happen.

Gee thanks man...




.

newmann

Vital MX member newmann
6232 newmann http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/6232/avatar/c50_614585238_1207253287.jpg?1294182303 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/newmann,6232/all 04/01/08 19 1 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/newmann,6232/setup 942 20314 8 54

Posts: 21256

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

8/20/2012 7:42 PM

That's me, Negative Nancy! Don't worry though, the 250 class will be off the hook.

txmxer

Vital MX member txmxer
546 txmxer http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/546/avatar/c50_avatartfs_1368216137.jpg?1368215201 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/txmxer,546/all 08/21/06 10 9 4 501 11169 39 1

Posts: 11670

Joined: 8/21/2006

Location: Weatherford, TX USA

8/20/2012 8:22 PM

mx 219 wrote:

He beat Stewie yesterday "straight up"...

Reed: I like him, always have, but I think Dungey has him covered outdoors now. I think last year Reed rode the best he ever has/will outdoors until Milville moto 2.

RV: has to stay healthy, he has been injured more than Stewart was at this point in his career on the big bikes. People talk about Stewart always crashing, but RV is always hurt.

I dont think Dungey has much to worry about really, just keep doing what he is doing. Faster (lap times) doesnt always equal a better race.

BR_HERO wrote: I dont think Dungey has much to worry about really, just keep doing what he is doing. Faster (lap times) doesnt always equal a better race.

RV, CR, JS, JB, DW, TC will all be at A1 healthy, and you think he has nothing to worry about?

newmann wrote:

Come A1, what are the chances that all those names will be healthy and on the line. Hasn't happened yet. Every year we keep hearing about this "perfect storm" at A1 yet it never seems to happen.

every year, I hold out hope that the lead dogs will all be healthy, in shape, and dialed in.

Never happens, but I keep hoping.

What makes RD a champion contender every year is that of all the top riders, he's the closest to having all 3 of those at A1. RV did this year and barring injury, will again (IMO). Chad is likely. Everyone else the answers to those questions are more and more iffy.