The Moto: Inside the Outdoors

7/31/2013 10:13am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2013 10:19am
Anyone know if the best Moto show on TV will make a return for a 5th season?

I know Troy ruffled a few feathers last year with the direction the show took, but it was an amazing show and in the end, probably resulted in more fans.

I really hope to see another season and would be willing to help crowd source if funding is an issue.
|
7/31/2013 10:29am
And by the way, Season 4 is available on iTunes for anyone that missed it last year. Or for those that want to support the production of the show by paying for it instead of trying to find it for free.
elmo
7/31/2013 10:51am
From my understanding, they are not returning with another season. Which is an absolute shame!
7/31/2013 10:55am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2013 10:55am
That is a big bummer.

I am willing to bet that if Troy wanted to do it again, he could get enough money from Moto guys with a kickstarter project or something similar. I know I would definately donate for the production.
Grizz
7/31/2013 11:05am
Of course not. UFC fights from 2009 are much more important and entertaining.

The Shop

Frodad78
7/31/2013 11:55am
that sucks, I look forward to that series at the end of each Outdoor Season. Hell even my GF was interested in it.
7/31/2013 12:24pm
Yup, my wife was a big fan of the show, but she couldn't care less about watching the races.
tiddlermx23
7/31/2013 12:26pm
My wife was the same way. she barely watches any moto related shows but loved last season..
willie838
7/31/2013 1:09pm
Yup, my wife was a big fan of the show, but she couldn't care less about watching the races.
kind of same here.

my girl asked if there were any new episodes of it since we watched a few last season together.

she'll watch the races a bit if they're on but definitely enjoyed the behind the scenes stuff more.

RE Kickstarter- not a bad idea at all, and i'd be in to donate.

RE UFC- Old UFC events cost basically nothing to air since fox is in bed with ufc pretty good now.

For a network trying to stay in the black- reairing these events and keeping costs low makes sense, no?
DocMarten
7/31/2013 1:22pm
UFC is the new extreme sport of this decade...
elmo
7/31/2013 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2013 1:42pm
Troy said several times in interviews that season four almost didn't happen because of funding, luckily Oakley stepped up big to make it a reality. However, I have a hunch there is more the story then just a lack of financial support that is holding them back from a fifth season.

Being a video guy in this industry, though I do not consider myself anywhere near the level of Troy and his crew, it's tough to bring ideas to life and it is especially hard when you want to tell the stories we saw in season four. Aside from the money being almost non-existent, when you go to a industry sponsor and pitch them on a concept that may be a bit dark and expose how things really are (from a rider's perspective), sponsors will shy away despite the fact you'll bring the story full circle and close on a happy ending.

I've had a few big ideas that I strongly believe could be eye-opening films to show what can truly be done with motocross films, and I've tried finding financial support for them and it's just not happening. A lack of supporting creativity and outside the box thinking doesn't always jive well within this industry, and it's hard to even find a few bucks to go make a couple minute teaser to show them how cool it can be. Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, etc is something I see being a great way bring ideas to reality without necessarily dealing 100% with industry sponsors who are telling you to kick rocks, and it's something I've been kicking around the idea of doing for a while. And, if Troy and his crew were to go that route for whatever project(s) they may have coming up, I would 100% support that however possible.
7/31/2013 1:58pm
You know what would be cool if the Pro Moto guys don't want to do this is an amature season.

The Moto: Road to the Amature Nationals

He could really get into the home schooling, big dreams and big let downs of the amature scene. Start by following a few families through the qualifiers all the way to Loretta's. Show the triumphs and failures, the big amature teams vs the mom and pop racers.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
7/31/2013 2:54pm
You know what would be cool if the Pro Moto guys don't want to do this is an amature season. The Moto: Road to the Amature...
You know what would be cool if the Pro Moto guys don't want to do this is an amature season.

He could really get into the home schooling, big dreams and big let downs of the amature scene. Start by following a few families through the qualifiers all the way to Loretta's. Show the triumphs and failures, the big amature teams vs the mom and pop racers.
Didn't they already do that? The road to LLs on RacerTV. I thought it was a series or a few shows, but I don't know if its still up on their site. I didn't see it today when I was watching the live feed. Probably on Youtube or somewhere out there. But the stories were exactly about what your talking about. They followed some families, up and coming racers etc. Ups and downs and what it took to get there. Its been a year or two since I watched it.
dcg141
7/31/2013 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2013 3:46pm
I showed an episode to a good friend that is a high school football head coach. He loved it, had no idea of the difficulty of this sport and how hard the training required has become. He made me bring him more episodes and showed them to his players. Asked them..do you think your tough? These guys are tough. He loved how guys fought through injury and still raced.
Choppy
7/31/2013 5:56pm
elmo wrote:
Troy said several times in interviews that season four almost didn't happen because of funding, luckily Oakley stepped up big to make it a reality. However...
Troy said several times in interviews that season four almost didn't happen because of funding, luckily Oakley stepped up big to make it a reality. However, I have a hunch there is more the story then just a lack of financial support that is holding them back from a fifth season.

Being a video guy in this industry, though I do not consider myself anywhere near the level of Troy and his crew, it's tough to bring ideas to life and it is especially hard when you want to tell the stories we saw in season four. Aside from the money being almost non-existent, when you go to a industry sponsor and pitch them on a concept that may be a bit dark and expose how things really are (from a rider's perspective), sponsors will shy away despite the fact you'll bring the story full circle and close on a happy ending.

I've had a few big ideas that I strongly believe could be eye-opening films to show what can truly be done with motocross films, and I've tried finding financial support for them and it's just not happening. A lack of supporting creativity and outside the box thinking doesn't always jive well within this industry, and it's hard to even find a few bucks to go make a couple minute teaser to show them how cool it can be. Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, etc is something I see being a great way bring ideas to reality without necessarily dealing 100% with industry sponsors who are telling you to kick rocks, and it's something I've been kicking around the idea of doing for a while. And, if Troy and his crew were to go that route for whatever project(s) they may have coming up, I would 100% support that however possible.
If you or anyone else decided to start a kickstarter to do an out of the box type video I can personally say I'd support it with as much money as I could.

Never thought of that, but that would be more than cool.
braaap
Fantasy
2090th
7/31/2013 9:29pm
That would be a cryin' ass shame if the Moto isn't back for another season, especially due to a lack of funding.

Last season was the best piece of journalism ever concerning MX. I've never seen anything else that captured the attention of non-moto people like those episodes. They just spoke volumes about how difficult this sport is from many angles.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/1/2013 9:00am
You know what would be cool if the Pro Moto guys don't want to do this is an amature season. The Moto: Road to the Amature...

Hi, Joey. For someone who wants to know about home schooling, you may want to look up the word amature in the dictionary.
jeffro503
8/1/2013 9:04am

GuyB wrote:
Hi, Joey. For someone who wants to know about home schooling, you may want to look up the word amature in the dictionary.
What am I missing here?
8/1/2013 9:05am
Ive looked around but can only find random episodes on youtube. Where can I find all seasons archived in order?
huck
8/1/2013 9:12am
Derek is filling the void nicely. Check the main page of Vital for his newest "Man VS Moto" episode.

Good stuff!!!
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/1/2013 9:24am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2013 9:31am
jeffro503 wrote:
What am I missing here?
You know when some people get all pissy, and then post some flameout stuff and say they're taking their ball and going home, and then show up shortly afterward under a new account name?

Yeah.

I also laugh when people pick on riders for homeshooling, when their posts are filled with typos.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/1/2013 9:37am
GuyB wrote:
You know when some people get all pissy, and then post some flameout stuff and say they're taking their ball and going home, and then show...
You know when some people get all pissy, and then post some flameout stuff and say they're taking their ball and going home, and then show up shortly afterward under a new account name?

Yeah.

I also laugh when people pick on riders for homeshooling, when their posts are filled with typos.
I'm still trying to figure out who DocMarten was in his previous posting life. I get the feeling I am the only one that doesn't know.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/1/2013 10:19am
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out who DocMarten was in his previous posting life. I get the feeling I am the only one that doesn't know.
MotoTrader.

His posts haven't really improved from before.

Post a reply to: The Moto: Inside the Outdoors

The Latest