The Moto (FuelTV)

spd721
2/18/2010 5:42am
I watched it last night. It was awesome. I hope it gives people from the outside a different angle of the sport.
Highsider
2/18/2010 5:49am
spd721 wrote:
I watched it last night. It was awesome. I hope it gives people from the outside a different angle of the sport.
Sounds like good news. I have it recorded and will watch it today.

The Shop

2/18/2010 6:13am
That was an awesome show. Tony A. might be a douche but talk about a plan for his kids and making it work. As someone else said the GH portion was top notch.

Anyone know when the next segment will be on? Weekly?
adamdf
2/18/2010 6:43am
that stream on the first page doesn't work for me, anybody got a link to it?
Outsider
2/18/2010 7:24am
I can't believe Tony actually admitted that he planned to make his kids motocross stars BEFORE CONCEPTION!

All the guys that have been defending his crazy ass can stop now... he just proved without any doubt he's a sick, sick dude...

It's one thing to support your kids with something they love, and another thing entirely to plan their lives before they're born, particularly when it comes to a sport... nevermind what a risky proposition Pro MX is.... truly insane IMO.
swizcore
2/18/2010 7:38am
Outsider wrote:
I can't believe Tony actually admitted that he planned to make his kids motocross stars BEFORE CONCEPTION! All the guys that have been defending his crazy...
I can't believe Tony actually admitted that he planned to make his kids motocross stars BEFORE CONCEPTION!

All the guys that have been defending his crazy ass can stop now... he just proved without any doubt he's a sick, sick dude...

It's one thing to support your kids with something they love, and another thing entirely to plan their lives before they're born, particularly when it comes to a sport... nevermind what a risky proposition Pro MX is.... truly insane IMO.
Absofuckinlutely.
2/18/2010 7:40am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:51pm
Outsider wrote:
I can't believe Tony actually admitted that he planned to make his kids motocross stars BEFORE CONCEPTION! All the guys that have been defending his crazy...

No doubt that is over the top but I am pretty sure if either one of them didn't want to be doing it right now they wouldn't be.

There are a lot of parents out there they have preconceived ideas of what there kids are going to do or be in life and lead them down that path and I promise you he isn't the first or only MX dad. Go to any local track and check out the mini dads. Go to any club baseball, basketball, soccer, football game and you will see the same thing over and over. Tony just admitted it
G-man
2/18/2010 9:17am
No doubt that is over the top but I am pretty sure if either one of them didn't want to be doing it right now they...
No doubt that is over the top but I am pretty sure if either one of them didn't want to be doing it right now they wouldn't be.

There are a lot of parents out there they have preconceived ideas of what there kids are going to do or be in life and lead them down that path and I promise you he isn't the first or only MX dad. Go to any local track and check out the mini dads. Go to any club baseball, basketball, soccer, football game and you will see the same thing over and over. Tony just admitted it
EXACTLY!!!

There are plenty of Dads living their life thru their sons. Usually they couldn't hack it so it's easy to yell at their boys to "GO FASTER YOU CAN CLEAR THE BIG DOUBLE!"!

I get a kick out of when they actually have their boys go after old vets on the track to prove a point. I've had it happen a few times and laugh and think to myself, why aren't you on the track mixing it up instead of Jr....? lol
2/18/2010 9:39am
No doubt that is over the top but I am pretty sure if either one of them didn't want to be doing it right now they...

G-man wrote:
EXACTLY!!! There are plenty of Dads living their life thru their sons. Usually they couldn't hack it so it's easy to yell at their boys to...
EXACTLY!!!

There are plenty of Dads living their life thru their sons. Usually they couldn't hack it so it's easy to yell at their boys to "GO FASTER YOU CAN CLEAR THE BIG DOUBLE!"!

I get a kick out of when they actually have their boys go after old vets on the track to prove a point. I've had it happen a few times and laugh and think to myself, why aren't you on the track mixing it up instead of Jr....? lol
Always makes me want to hand the mini dads my bike and tell them to go clear that double or take that line in that corner pinned and then maybe their son will follow suit.
Mrtf
2/18/2010 9:48am
We N.E.E.D a torrent, plzzzz
GHOPPER
2/18/2010 10:18am

G-man wrote:
EXACTLY!!! There are plenty of Dads living their life thru their sons. Usually they couldn't hack it so it's easy to yell at their boys to...
EXACTLY!!!

Man, I love my son way too much to ever tell him that.
jbomx363
2/18/2010 10:21am
Things I noticed.

Tony A. Living in the past. At this point in time, no one really cares too much about amateur careers. Point is, Villopoto has 3 championships (4 if you count World SX championships, I don't), numerous SX wins and well... the Alessi's.. none.

Check out MA's look on his face when after the moto is over, after him being in the lead by 16 seconds and they are interviewing Ryan or his mechanic.. the camera pans over and shows MA's look in the background.. to me it was.. "what the heck happened and how'd I lose" look.

Reed..took his result in stride.

I think this will show more sides to the racers that many haven't thought about, training and dedication mainly. And.. a bit of home life too.

Great show for sure and can't wait for the next one.

I tried contacting them to see when it will be up on their site, but their contact page doesn't seem to work. Oh well.

mdub45
2/18/2010 10:22am
Mrtf wrote:
We N.E.E.D a torrent, plzzzz
I second that!!!
TooOldToPlay
2/18/2010 10:58am
Thanks David!

Also, Fuel is re-airing the show in about one hour from now (3:00 pm eastern) according to their posted schedule (and shows up on my local cable schedule as well)......
grimey
2/18/2010 11:03am
anyone surprised by alessi's? no. honestly just cant wit till the episode when grant takes him down and we hear 'em bitch. actually i can wait... but then they'll be off the show, so sweet. Sorry but Alessi's can actually look worse when adited on tv. just annoying, but everyone else is dope. now i gotta try to remember what happened last season.. rv's out next.. gay
mccread
2/18/2010 11:09am
I wish Loungo would commision someone to do flims like that for the GPs. Troy's stuff is great.
G-man
2/18/2010 12:08pm
Awesome simply AWESOME!

Thanks Vurbmoto Woohoo
mccread
2/18/2010 12:08pm
That was an awesome show. Tony A. might be a douche but talk about a plan for his kids and making it work. As someone else...
That was an awesome show. Tony A. might be a douche but talk about a plan for his kids and making it work. As someone else said the GH portion was top notch.

Anyone know when the next segment will be on? Weekly?
I bet he is pretty annoyed the Pourcels came along and upstaged him though...
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
2/18/2010 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:51pm
I can't wait for more Tony Alessi!

My second son is going to be born in approximately 5 months, I have decided he is going to be the best goddam weight lifter in the world already. Either that or figure skating, maybe curling. (you can tell I havebeen watching winter olympics)
2/18/2010 12:12pm
Wow, that show was awesome. I wish I had HD cable here. Unbelievable editing.
G-man
2/18/2010 12:15pm

G-man wrote:
EXACTLY!!!

GHOPPER wrote:
Man, I love my son way too much to ever tell him that.
Ghopper,

I didn't say all mini dads or dads of young riders are like that but I have seen it and dealt with it first hand, and usually the dads are FAT and out of shape and I'm usually older than Pop. lol

Outsider
2/18/2010 12:20pm
Regis wrote:
I can't wait for more Tony Alessi! My second son is going to be born in approximately 5 months, I have decided he is going to...
I can't wait for more Tony Alessi!

My second son is going to be born in approximately 5 months, I have decided he is going to be the best goddam weight lifter in the world already. Either that or figure skating, maybe curling. (you can tell I havebeen watching winter olympics)
LMAO....

Teach him poker dude... let him sleep with a deck of cards right out of the box (er, so to speak)..

Top poker players make big bucks and the injury rate is relatively low! Smile

Post a reply to: The Moto (FuelTV)

The Latest