The Man Speaks

Crush
Edited Date/Time 12/12/2014 11:38am
http://racerxonline.com/2014/12/09/between-the-motos-roger-decoster

One thing I thought when reading this, Roger talks a lot about the engineers wanting static conditions...

Who's gonna be the first factory team to build a big ass warehouse roof over their test tracks?

Privacy. Consistent conditions. Hell an open roof and some lights and they could replicate Anaheim changing in the evening... Seems the next step to me!
|
Crush
12/10/2014 1:30am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 1:30am
Second time I've done that this week... though I've had gastro and fuck all sleep so...

Point still stands tho!
Spydee
12/10/2014 1:32am
He sounds really bummed out that Kenny left the team... unusual that a well respected manager like Roger doesn't even really know why he chose to leave.
ocscottie
12/10/2014 2:01am
I am still so nervous about the whole Kenny deal i dont even like to think about it Dizzy GOSH i hope it was the right decision!

I really love what KTM is doing in the sport, and that new bike sure looks good...i also really enjoyed the piece Michael did "Inside KTM's Factory Editions"

I guess only time will tell if he made the right decision...or not. Blink
Crush
12/10/2014 2:07am
Who you nervous for Scottie? Kenny or KTM? They'll both be fine!

The Shop

motodriller
12/10/2014 3:37am
So,it sounds like kenny might have a bout with karma next year. Ktm helped him win the title then he leaves with no explanation. I wonder what realy happened there.
Spydee
12/10/2014 3:47am
ocscottie wrote:
I am still so nervous about the whole Kenny deal i dont even like to think about it :S GOSH i hope it was the right...
I am still so nervous about the whole Kenny deal i dont even like to think about it Dizzy GOSH i hope it was the right decision!

I really love what KTM is doing in the sport, and that new bike sure looks good...i also really enjoyed the piece Michael did "Inside KTM's Factory Editions"

People questioned Lewis Hamilton's decision to leave top dogs McLaren for a below par Mercedes outfit back in 2012, and look at him now, top of the world with the F1 2014 title.

If anyone can follow suit and prove people wrong, it's Kenny on his RCH Suzuki.
Gringoe
12/10/2014 5:42am
Yes Kenny lost the man, but gained the goat...

I'd rather have the goat and the bike that I'm comfy on
IWreckALot
12/10/2014 5:47am
So,it sounds like kenny might have a bout with karma next year. Ktm helped him win the title then he leaves with no explanation. I wonder...
So,it sounds like kenny might have a bout with karma next year. Ktm helped him win the title then he leaves with no explanation. I wonder what realy happened there.
First of all, karma isn't a thing.

Second of all, Roczen fulfilled his contractual obligation to KTM so there's not further obligation to stick around. There are just some changes a person wants and from reading between the lines, KRoc wanted a change that KTM couldn't fulfill. . . The only two things are either the bike, or he just wanted to work with Ricky and his team. Given Decoster's demeanor, I would very surprised if it were anything other than those two things because Decoster seems like he was willing to fix ANYTHING in his power to keep Kenny.

I also think Decoster is bummed, but he's rather level headed and realizes that he can't keep a rider for an eternity. I'm really curious to see what happens to Dungey when his contract expires.
motodriller
12/10/2014 6:16am
Time will tell on the karma thing.

Go quit your job without giving a reason and see what kind of a reference you get.

Just saying moving on without giving your boss any reason is not very professional. That's the way it is. So fuck off!
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
12/10/2014 6:22am
I think Roczen probably said 'Its Dungey or me'. I don't think it was a secret that they weren't best buddy's.
Spydee
12/10/2014 6:30am
Time will tell on the karma thing. Go quit your job without giving a reason and see what kind of a reference you get. Just saying...

Go quit your job without giving a reason and see what kind of a reference you get.

Just saying moving on without giving your boss any reason is not very professional. That's the way it is. So fuck off!
I don't know what the laws in the States are like, but here it's illegal to give a "bad" reference - it must be fair and accurate, regardless of whether the person is a cnut or not.
Frodad78
12/10/2014 6:38am
Time will tell on the karma thing. Go quit your job without giving a reason and see what kind of a reference you get. Just saying...

Spydee wrote:
I don't know what the laws in the States are like, but here it's illegal to give a "bad" reference - it must be fair and...
I don't know what the laws in the States are like, but here it's illegal to give a "bad" reference - it must be fair and accurate, regardless of whether the person is a cnut or not.
In the states you can't ask a former employer anything about a potential hire except for the dates of when they were employed. Anything else is a big no no.
Spydee
12/10/2014 6:40am
Ahh must be the same then!
Kawaboy14
12/10/2014 6:48am
Spydee wrote:
He sounds really bummed out that Kenny left the team... unusual that a well respected manager like Roger doesn't even really know why he chose to...
He sounds really bummed out that Kenny left the team... unusual that a well respected manager like Roger doesn't even really know why he chose to leave.
He knows why, he just can't believe that he left because he didn't like the bike.

Decoder "your winning, how can you not like the bike?"
RocZen "I dont, I throw up a little each night worrying about those 3 sections on the track I feel like the bike is gonna slam dance me in!"
bents
Fantasy
909th
12/10/2014 6:50am
Kenny went to a team that is working with a platform that is old, and while there is no question the bike still works, is Suzuki burning the midnight oil to keep up with the rest of the pack, especially KTM? And spending the R & D dough to do it? Look at their 250, it is old.

He is going to a great team with factory backing and all, but how many OEMs just knocked 10 lbs off their 450's? And that is WITH e start! I'm a big fan of the kid and he is the guy to beat IMHO, and I assume he believes the bike is up to the task.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
12/10/2014 6:51am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 6:52am

References in MX LaughingLaughingLaughing I am surprised Kenny got a ride without a reference, lol
Kawaboy14
12/10/2014 6:57am
bents wrote:
Kenny went to a team that is working with a platform that is old, and while there is no question the bike still works, is Suzuki...
Kenny went to a team that is working with a platform that is old, and while there is no question the bike still works, is Suzuki burning the midnight oil to keep up with the rest of the pack, especially KTM? And spending the R & D dough to do it? Look at their 250, it is old.

He is going to a great team with factory backing and all, but how many OEMs just knocked 10 lbs off their 450's? And that is WITH e start! I'm a big fan of the kid and he is the guy to beat IMHO, and I assume he believes the bike is up to the task.
Plus he gets free tattoos.

Making payments on tattoos was getting old!
motodriller
12/10/2014 7:01am
You can sure tell the employees from the employers in this thread.

I guess I am expecting to much.

Burned bridges can make travel tough.

motodriller
12/10/2014 7:19am
Put yourself in Decosters shoes. He gave kenny everthing he could wich won them the title. Then left with no explanation. Is that not what happened????????
Kawaboy14
12/10/2014 7:36am
Put yourself in Decosters shoes. He gave kenny everthing he could wich won them the title. Then left with no explanation. Is that not what happened????????
No.....Kenny told him why! He just can't believe/accept it!
Spydee
12/10/2014 8:26am
You can sure tell the employees from the employers in this thread.

I guess I am expecting to much.

Burned bridges can make travel tough.

Out of curiosity, which category do I fall under? Laughing
12/10/2014 8:28am
ocscottie wrote:
I am still so nervous about the whole Kenny deal i dont even like to think about it :S GOSH i hope it was the right...

Kenny did just fine on the yeller bikes over the pond....he'll do just fine on this side of the pond.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
12/10/2014 8:32am

There is a difference between leaving with no thorough explanation and leaving while telling them to suck a D. You are free to leave a job whenever you want, there is no karma there...
motodriller
12/10/2014 8:51am
I thought it said no explanation. That in my book in saying suck a D. I'm sure he said something. Journalists can stir things up sometimes. Whatever. Rant over.
leighracer
12/10/2014 8:54am
De Coster knows why, he's just not going to air dirty laundry.
12/10/2014 9:03am
I don't understand why there's mystery: Kenny said it was the bike and that he wanted the Suzuki back. Point blank. What's to guess about?

Last summer, there were some public spats between KTM and himself and it seems clear that he wasn't happy with the bike. I think it's also clear that they weren't always happy with him, and probably were hard on him when he was winded late in the outdoor season again.

But Kenny said point blank it is the bike and not money or anything else: why are people saying "no explanation"?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/10/2014 9:16am
bents wrote:
Kenny went to a team that is working with a platform that is old, and while there is no question the bike still works, is Suzuki...

Stewart Desalle and Strijbos dont look that bad on the old bikes... Its not like its an Aprilia
IceMan446
12/10/2014 12:01pm
bents wrote:

He has said that he didn't care for the bike and didn't feel confident on it.

The suspension is below par compared to the other Manufactures and knocking 10 lbs off the bike isnt going to make him feel any comfortable on it.

Its no surprise to me that he left.

Not to mention, he wanted to be the top guy on a team, not play second fiddle to Rogers golden boy.

Trav138
12/10/2014 12:27pm
Roger has left a few guys hanging in the dark, so maybe a little taste of it himself is a good thing.

Post a reply to: The Man Speaks

The Latest