The Height of FIM Arrogance

pilotdude
12/21/2014 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2014 2:46pm
From DC in Racerhead:

So the FIM threw the book at Stewart, eight months after the test, and they also changed the race results—even his Lucas Oil Pro Motocross finishes, though he was not suspended for their races (MX Sports and the series are AMA Pro Racing events, not AMA, and thus not a signatory of the FIM rules and WADA code). To this day, no one from the FIM has contacted MX Sports Pro Racing about Stewart’s eligibility from his last summer or told us they wanted to erase his results.

Let's hear it, all you FIM apologists.
|
Steve 396
12/21/2014 12:56pm
Not saying you are wrong but how do we know they did not contact MX Sports? This has all been handled very poorly no doubt.
Olson
12/21/2014 12:56pm
They're just the motorcycle sports version of America to the rest of the world. Puts their nose wherever they want, craving for power and push people around. Get used to it. Wink
Hut
12/21/2014 1:05pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Not saying you are wrong but how do we know they did not contact MX Sports? This has all been handled very poorly no doubt.
Pretty sure he is quoting DC there.
Steve 396
12/21/2014 1:17pm
Yea, just got that. Should have read it better the first time. Definitely BS if its true. Then again, who runs the website or is in charge of the results? MX Sports or the FIM? If MX Sports is then I cant see how the FIM can change them without "some ones" approval?

The Shop

oshow
12/21/2014 1:58pm
Please let me go on record one more time. Fuck the FIM.

That's is all
downard254
12/21/2014 3:03pm
If AMA pro racing(aka DC and US outdoor MX) is not FIM affiliated, how can they have one once of say as to what DC says, does, or who he lets race his series.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
12/21/2014 3:10pm
Steve 396 wrote:
DC (who wrote the article) owns mx sports, so he would know, bro.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
12/21/2014 3:21pm
downard254 wrote:
If AMA pro racing(aka DC and US outdoor MX) is not FIM affiliated, how can they have one once of say as to what DC says...
If AMA pro racing(aka DC and US outdoor MX) is not FIM affiliated, how can they have one once of say as to what DC says, does, or who he lets race his series.
X2 - according to this JS7 should be able to race the outdoors
Fraser
12/21/2014 3:33pm
Well there is the issue of USADA that mx sports use for their own drug testing? Guess who tells USADA what the score is? WADA! A WADA ban would make it near impossible to compete in a USADA sanctioned event I think.
Team Ideal
12/21/2014 3:42pm
Fraser wrote:
Well there is the issue of USADA that mx sports use for their own drug testing? Guess who tells USADA what the score is? WADA! A...
Well there is the issue of USADA that mx sports use for their own drug testing? Guess who tells USADA what the score is? WADA! A WADA ban would make it near impossible to compete in a USADA sanctioned event I think.
I would assume this ^^^. DC says the outdoors is AMA pro racing and not the AMA, I'm a little confused then. why do the mechanics need to be AMA members? sounds like he's trying to make sure James can race outdoors if the appeal doesn't go his way but a lot of questions pop into my mind about his wording with who the outdoors is and isn't
Fraser
12/21/2014 3:52pm
If I remember correctly it was stated at the time by DC that James could ride the outdoors this year because at the time he was only suspended by the FIM. If that became a proper ban then he would not be able to compete. I think that's why the FIM haver mentioned him losing his outdoor points , once he has a full ban.
newmann
12/21/2014 3:58pm
Even the FIM doesn't know the difference between the AMA and AMA Pro.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
12/21/2014 4:40pm
FIM is the best!!! Laughing
rippaaa
12/21/2014 4:49pm
newmann wrote:
Even the FIM doesn't know the difference between the AMA and AMA Pro.
I was gonna post that but thought people would hate on me hahahahaha

It's so true!!!
bigborefan
12/21/2014 4:52pm
For outdoor MX, is AMA Pro, aka MX Sports, aka Team Coombs, the promoter? and AMA is the sanctioning body? If not Team Ideal has a good question.

MX/SX is on fucked up sport as far as lal this goes. No wonder everybody gets so spun up. It's like to trying to understand how Wall Street fucks us. You need a masters degree to decipher this shit.
djc
12/21/2014 5:00pm
This whole thing has turned into a mess. Yes we need drug testing but I don't think we need these organizations controlling the sport. To me taking away his results outdoors is the same as banning him for nor having the tue. "Hey it's ok to be on adderal and hey go race, oh wait actually it's not ok but once this year is over it will be ok again". Wtf.

I know deep down inside many racers are happy james won't be there because he is a title threat and from what I understand this drug testing was voted in. I forget what jt$ Exactly said something like a sport needs this drug testing to be taken serious. I'm pretty sure this is backfiring right now.
ando
12/21/2014 5:13pm
"Threw the book at Stewart"...??

MX Sports own drug policy says two years for a first infringement.
rippaaa
12/21/2014 5:16pm
djc wrote:
This whole thing has turned into a mess. Yes we need drug testing but I don't think we need these organizations controlling the sport. To me...
This whole thing has turned into a mess. Yes we need drug testing but I don't think we need these organizations controlling the sport. To me taking away his results outdoors is the same as banning him for nor having the tue. "Hey it's ok to be on adderal and hey go race, oh wait actually it's not ok but once this year is over it will be ok again". Wtf.

I know deep down inside many racers are happy james won't be there because he is a title threat and from what I understand this drug testing was voted in. I forget what jt$ Exactly said something like a sport needs this drug testing to be taken serious. I'm pretty sure this is backfiring right now.
Hard to be taken serious when a decision takes 8 months to make and also nobody knows what he is banned from and you also have a governing body telling another governing body they are unprofessional.

In order to be taken seriously kick FIM out, end of story. American MX should be sanctioned by Americans, Canadian MX by Canadians, Australian MX by Aussies, etc etc etc (Look how well organised the CMRC is, that's what you want, no politics nothing.)
rippaaa
12/21/2014 5:18pm
ando wrote:
"Threw the book at Stewart"...??

MX Sports own drug policy says two years for a first infringement.
Fact is he got a TUE now and the penalty is based off of a paper work error pretty much and the AMA and DC understand that 16 months is too much for a paperwork error therefore don't agree with the FIM.
domoguchi
12/21/2014 5:26pm
FIM = Fucking Incompetent Morons !

If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Drop the FIMif you can. Removing a rider as they is proof enough for me they are very unprofessional in their business practices therefore they become a liability to the sport, sponsors , riders, manufacturers and most importantly the fans. Without the fans you have NO business....give the people what they want and disband your association with the FIM...

Yours truly,
sX and MX Fan
Gringoe
12/21/2014 5:29pm
When I read "basically a paperwork error" I skip to the next post.

Skipping a lot of posts lately.. Sad
jevyguy
12/21/2014 5:31pm
The AMA should just let him race A1 just to see what the FIM does about it. Is anyone from the FIM actually present at the races?
rippaaa
12/21/2014 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 5:40pm
Gringoe wrote:

I guess you missed were the AMA said that it is based mostly due to a paper work error...

djc
12/21/2014 5:43pm
Well again not To quote jt or Matthes but it's really not a paperwork error someone fucked up. But either way I don't see how you can fully punish someone for something they they are allowed to do or take and that you or the organization has approved.

Imo the top five is always gonna be the top five. I don't care what drugs they are on. . You either have it or you don't. And this whole situation has been a mess
ando
12/21/2014 5:44pm
Gringoe wrote:

rippaaa wrote:
I guess you missed were the AMA said that it is based mostly due to a paper work error... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/21/74660/s1200_yupp.jpg[/img]
I guess you missed were the AMA said that it is based mostly due to a paper work error...

When a vitard says "paperwork error" it's lame but somewhat understandable.

When a national peak body uses that term in an official letter to the world governing body it's laughable.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
12/21/2014 5:45pm
AJ. Allmendinger failed a drug test for the same thing years ago.

Allmendinger was suspended on July 24 for violating the substance-abuse program. The drug initially was identified as amphetamines, with Allmendinger later identifying it as prescription Adderall he took once from the friend of a friend.

"I want to thank everyone for their support through this entire process," Allmendinger said in a prepared statement. "I appreciate that NASCAR created the Road to Recovery program, and am grateful for the opportunity to return to competition.

"The Road to Recovery program was really helpful to me in getting my priorities reset away from the race track. And, honestly, that helped find my love of racing again and why I began racing in the first place. I'm looking forward to taking this experience and be better for it moving forward."

Basicly NASCAR had a program in place with out some outside governing body making the calls on their drivers. It took from july 24 - Sept 21 to take care of the issue with their road to Recovery program.
Beast666
12/21/2014 5:57pm
jevyguy wrote:
The AMA should just let him race A1 just to see what the FIM does about it. Is anyone from the FIM actually present at the...
The AMA should just let him race A1 just to see what the FIM does about it. Is anyone from the FIM actually present at the races?
Well lets see the FIM can revoke RV's MXGP license, Cancel the Glen Helen round of the MXGP, Not allow the US to send a team to the MXoN, Put pressure on the factories to not compete in the US.......
500guy
12/21/2014 6:01pm
Beast666 wrote:
Well lets see the FIM can revoke RV's MXGP license, Cancel the Glen Helen round of the MXGP, Not allow the US to send a team...
Well lets see the FIM can revoke RV's MXGP license, Cancel the Glen Helen round of the MXGP, Not allow the US to send a team to the MXoN, Put pressure on the factories to not compete in the US.......
That is Laughable at best.

GP's paid big $ to have RV

MXdn is another GP without Team USA

The largest percentage of bikes are sold in the USA ,

USA is in the drivers seat all we need is some folks with the cajones to pull the trigger.
scooter5002
12/21/2014 6:03pm
(Look how well organized the CMRC is, that's what you want, no politics nothing. )
ROTFLMFAO
motomike137
12/21/2014 6:06pm
Markee wrote:
AJ. Allmendinger failed a drug test for the same thing years ago. Allmendinger was suspended on July 24 for violating the substance-abuse program. The drug initially...
AJ. Allmendinger failed a drug test for the same thing years ago.

Allmendinger was suspended on July 24 for violating the substance-abuse program. The drug initially was identified as amphetamines, with Allmendinger later identifying it as prescription Adderall he took once from the friend of a friend.

"I want to thank everyone for their support through this entire process," Allmendinger said in a prepared statement. "I appreciate that NASCAR created the Road to Recovery program, and am grateful for the opportunity to return to competition.

"The Road to Recovery program was really helpful to me in getting my priorities reset away from the race track. And, honestly, that helped find my love of racing again and why I began racing in the first place. I'm looking forward to taking this experience and be better for it moving forward."

Basicly NASCAR had a program in place with out some outside governing body making the calls on their drivers. It took from july 24 - Sept 21 to take care of the issue with their road to Recovery program.
Good post Markee, Nascar decided to keep control and decide their own penalties. Then on top of that they have a rehab program lined up to help insure the driver has a shot to come back in a timely fashion. This is the kind of system I wish we had versus what we have. I am dissapointed in Bubba, and sickened by the penalty.

Post a reply to: The Height of FIM Arrogance

The Latest