The Daytona 200

motogrady
3/12/2014 8:28am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2014 9:23am
Well guys, it looks like DMG is taking a page from the MXSPORTS/Racer Productions book from a few years ago.

Both AMA Roadracing and Dirttrack Nationals will go out live on the internet, via a stream, on a new site
created by DMG. That's right, no TV.

From what I understand, in America, it will be free of charge and go out live.

This weekend, the beginning of what many see as the start of the motorcycling season here in the USA,
begins with The Big One, Daytona.

You can catch it here.

http://www.fanschoice.tv/

Some are saying it's a disaster, that a National series belongs on TV.

Myself, with the way stuff moves around on cable, along with the endless commercials they jam down your throat,
this very well may be the way to go.

One guy is hoping so, that's for sure.
|
Cygnus
3/12/2014 8:49am
It's a damn shame what has become of road racing in the USA. Can't believe the 200 isnt on TV live or otherwise.
Rdracer598
3/12/2014 8:55am
DMG Has ruined it. 5 race pro series and only on East coast with no TV.....it's a joke.
PN27416
3/12/2014 9:21am
Very Sad! This was once one of the top races in the world where the best from around it would come to race.
But I have to think if it being on tv brought the numbers it would still be on.
motogrady
3/12/2014 9:35am
Rdracer598 wrote:
DMG Has ruined it. 5 race pro series and only on East coast with no TV.....it's a joke.
Cygnus, 598, you guys ever think for a moment that maybe it's a good time to start supporting instead of bitchin'?

I mean, it is what it is.

Before DMG what was it, Mat Maladin on a gxer runaway for 6 years.

What TV channel can I watch Ducati run Factory2 in Motogp?

No, spread the word, call that buddy you ride with and let them know what's up.

The fact that almost everyone will be able to watch without paying Dish, or looking at that tired ass Flo
from the insurance world one more time, hell, that alone is worth a glimpse.

For those interested, here's the press release.

For those that aren't, hell, just go read something else and stay away.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=227270ef-793e-400f-91…

The Shop

DA498
3/12/2014 9:41am
I cant wait for the day that we can watch mx/sx the same way
Rdracer598
3/12/2014 10:19am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 10:26am
Rdracer598 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Cygnus, 598, you guys ever think for a moment that maybe it's a good time to start supporting instead of bitchin'? I mean, it is what...
Cygnus, 598, you guys ever think for a moment that maybe it's a good time to start supporting instead of bitchin'?

The fact that almost everyone will be able to watch without paying Dish, or looking at that tired ass Flo

ok keyboard cowboy. Start supporting? How many rounds have you been too? I don't know who Mat Maladin is but Mat Mladin dominated for lil bit till Spies came along. From your use of "gxer" or Maladin i'm sure you know a ton about RR

You can watch the GP on Fox sports 1 thru 2015.

Pretty sure I've supported the AMA superbike series long enough that i can bitch about the steady decline in the series

I like the fact they are doing internet...I watch all the WSBK and GP rounds that way but they're also televised which help attract sponsors unlike DMG.
Rdracer598
3/12/2014 10:39am
oh, i also like that all classes are being broadcast. The Supersport class has some of the best races and only got highlights
motogrady
3/12/2014 11:34am
Rdracer598 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Cygnus, 598, you guys ever think for a moment that maybe it's a good time to start supporting instead of bitchin'? I mean, it is what...

Rdracer598 wrote:
ok keyboard cowboy. Start supporting? How many rounds have you been too? I don't know who Mat Maladin is but Mat Mladin dominated for lil bit...
ok keyboard cowboy. Start supporting? How many rounds have you been too? I don't know who Mat Maladin is but Mat Mladin dominated for lil bit till Spies came along. From your use of "gxer" or Maladin i'm sure you know a ton about RR

You can watch the GP on Fox sports 1 thru 2015.

Pretty sure I've supported the AMA superbike series long enough that i can bitch about the steady decline in the series

I like the fact they are doing internet...I watch all the WSBK and GP rounds that way but they're also televised which help attract sponsors unlike DMG.
Hey, go ahead and bitch then. Help the cause.
mgifracing
Fantasy
394th
3/12/2014 12:11pm
Thanks to John Ulrich(Roadracing World). He is putting on a three race pro series in the gap between daytona and Road America. At least John is trying to get the USA roadracers back on the map.btw NOT AMA. So it should be a great show and all of the top guns are entered.
Rdracer598
3/12/2014 12:18pm
mgifracing wrote:
Thanks to John Ulrich(Roadracing World). He is putting on a three race pro series in the gap between daytona and Road America. At least John is...
Thanks to John Ulrich(Roadracing World). He is putting on a three race pro series in the gap between daytona and Road America. At least John is trying to get the USA roadracers back on the map.btw NOT AMA. So it should be a great show and all of the top guns are entered.
Ulrich is awesome! Saw the tracks and entry list. He's top notch esp with the Airfence fund
mgifracing
Fantasy
394th
3/12/2014 12:26pm
I bet the DMG/AMA is getting a little nervous since Roadracing world donated all of the airfence to them. I hope he shows them how to run a professional race series. With all of the money that the DMG has it's a shame they don't work harder for a bigger series with tv coverage.
Rooster
3/12/2014 12:26pm
Between netflix, torrents and internet broadcasts I rarely watch any network or even cable TV these days. I got rid of all my premium and movie channels quite awhile back and haven't missed them one bit.

If the 200 was on TV chances are I wouldn't get it anyhow and I know my situation is hardly unique amongst my friends.

Same goes for supercross and the outdoors. If I can't watch it online or download it, I won't see it, and I'm not buying a special TV package just to watch one show so packed with commercials it looks more like an infomercial than a race.

I think this is a smart move by the promoters.
motoplook
3/12/2014 12:33pm
mgifracing wrote:
Thanks to John Ulrich(Roadracing World). He is putting on a three race pro series in the gap between daytona and Road America. At least John is...
Rdracer598 wrote:
Ulrich is awesome! Saw the tracks and entry list. He's top notch esp with the Airfence fund
yes I am totally supporting this 3-race series and the effort Ulrich and others are putting to make it happen.

On the opposite I am not supporting the catpiss road racing series that's calling itself AMA Superbike, hope it dies and those who ran it into the ground go away. The dream would be to have someone like MotorSport Vision take over.
SethGator
3/12/2014 12:47pm
I will be there Saturday morning and hopefully Barber as well. It sucks the series is where it is now, but DMG is making small improvements that should bode well for 2015. they are combining the supersport and sportbike classes into one supersport class, as well as moving superbikes back into the 200. Im not too sure superbikes back in the 200 will be a good thing when you will only have 20 bikes line-up of which only 6-8 are competitive.

Cameron Beaubier is Josh Hayes new teammate at Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha. He was teammates with Marc Marquez (you may have heard of the name) at Red Bull/KTM on 125s in the World Championship in 2008. If Cam can win the SBK title in 2014 you could very well see him line-up in MotoGP come 2015.

Danny Eslick's Riders Dicount Triumph

Kyle Wyman's KWR Yamaha

Dane Westby's Yamalube Yamaha

BobbyM
3/12/2014 12:54pm
if the flat track series was properly marketed it could/would have been huge. same goes for the RR series...how can you fuck up a goose that could lay golden eggs?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2836th
3/12/2014 12:57pm
After competing in many AMA Pro Road Racing Nationals it is depressing to see what has become of the series. I'm hopeful for a resurgence in the future, and will still watch every event however possible.
motogrady
3/12/2014 1:38pm
BobbyM wrote:
if the flat track series was properly marketed it could/would have been huge. same goes for the RR series...how can you fuck up a goose that...
if the flat track series was properly marketed it could/would have been huge. same goes for the RR series...how can you fuck up a goose that could lay golden eggs?
Well, many will argue with RR they fucked it up when DMG bought the rights and changed the format,
driving the factories away.
Not that they were killing it with attendance before that, but that's what many believe.

And when you think about it, same thing applies to dirttrack.
When the AMA changed things up back in the 90's, and Honda quit and went home,
it seemed like they never really got it going after that.
MX Culture
3/12/2014 2:41pm
Pumped to see Blake Young back at it this year on a Yamaha R6 !!
hillbilly
3/12/2014 3:10pm
BobbyM wrote:
if the flat track series was properly marketed it could/would have been huge. same goes for the RR series...how can you fuck up a goose that...
By changing the engine requirements each year or restricting this one to run with that one.

When i went to Dayton in 74 and watched bikes lay long stripes of rubber and guys struggle to hang it was so cool
Jack mehoff
3/12/2014 7:49pm
BobbyM wrote:
They got rid off the two strokes , they where cheap , easy to hop up and the talent shinned , blame it on the big 4
Jack mehoff
3/12/2014 7:53pm
mgifracing wrote:
Rdracer598 wrote:
motoplook wrote:
yes I am totally supporting this 3-race series and the effort Ulrich and others are putting to make it happen. On the opposite I am not...
yes I am totally supporting this 3-race series and the effort Ulrich and others are putting to make it happen.

On the opposite I am not supporting the catpiss road racing series that's calling itself AMA Superbike, hope it dies and those who ran it into the ground go away. The dream would be to have someone like MotorSport Vision take over.
What's the name off the series ?
3/12/2014 7:58pm
That explains why I couldn't find this race on the DVR....seems like it's running a tad late this year as well? Didn't it always coincide with bike week?
3/12/2014 8:07pm
i heard people used to go to ama superbike races. how many??
Jack mehoff
3/12/2014 9:06pm
1488 wrote:
i heard people used to go to ama superbike races. how many??
I went to loudon one year got wasted passed out on the top off my van , woke up to the sound off a tractor pulling burnt car frames to pit in the back for proper burial , that's when our friends to the north would bring down some real beer
tiddlermx23
3/13/2014 2:55am
Can't wait to see how my uncles Livengood Motorsports engines in Westbys Yamaha hold up against the big boys. Bikes look awesome!
downard254
3/13/2014 3:07am
I used to love watching RR, but after DMG dumbed it down, and the factories started pulling out I left along with a bunch of the riders. As far as watching is through live streaming, no way for me. In rural Ohio I only have a choice between Dishnet, too expensive, or Verizon DSL. It would take me about 5 hours to stream a two hour race. I'll pass thanks.
SethGator
3/13/2014 5:17am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2014 5:20am
Garrett Gerloff's Monster Energy/YES/Graves Yamaha

Jake Lewis's Meen/Motosport.com Yamaha

Chris Clark's Yoshimura Suzuki

Cameron Beaubier's Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha

Spartacus
3/13/2014 5:37am
With any luck in 5 years the only thing that will still be on TV will be reruns of I Love Lucy and the Superbowl.

Fuk Direct/Dish/cable.
motogrady
3/13/2014 7:31am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2014 7:33am
That explains why I couldn't find this race on the DVR....seems like it's running a tad late this year as well? Didn't it always coincide with...
That explains why I couldn't find this race on the DVR....seems like it's running a tad late this year as well? Didn't it always coincide with bike week?
Hey all, for it or against it, it starts tonight, Thursday, with Pro Dirttrack going off at 7:30 pmest.
The 200 is usually the last big event of the week.

http://www.fanschoice.tv/schedule

If this is anything like what we, the moto crowd, went thru 10 years ago, hold on for a bumpy ride.
If there's 9 million riders out there, in the USA alone, http://www.howmanyarethere.org/how-many-motorcycles-are-registered-in-t… , and 5% tune in to that site, that's 450,000 people jumping on a server........................
Rdracer598
3/13/2014 8:52am
Cameron did well in 1st SB practice today. Sportbikes take track shortly. Can't wait to watch Eslick

Post a reply to: The Daytona 200

The Latest