FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
|
bents
Fantasy
710th
10/25/2016 2:37pm
I would just like to pay for some good LEGAL streams for ama mx! Is this too much to ask for?? Interesting article though and clearly times are a changing.
Matt Wozney
10/25/2016 3:02pm
Nice read. I would have no issue to pay for live streaming of events that interest me. For example, for the PBA (bowling), they offer a live streaming platform for hours and hours and hours of qualifying games as well as full archived TV broadcasts from 3 day for $4, 30 day for $8, and I believe $70 for the year. I pay for it to kill a bunch of time (it's like watching paint dry but it interests me and see how other bowlers I know how they are doing) and sometimes, I get on there for the top events I go to so it's worth it for me.

For SX / MX, I think these days with cord cutting going on and on-demand platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and others, people will be paying a reasonable fee to see more live streaming content, especially if its exclusive. It's another revenue stream for the series / promoters as well to take into consideration. Sponsorship deals only cover so much I feel like these days. It'll show progression of the series events as well IMO.
FWYT
10/25/2016 3:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 3:13pm
It's going to be interesting to see where this all goes, what with digital making the reproduction and distribution of
all sorts of media so easy. Maybe everyone in broadcasting will have to start doing "workshops" to support themselves the way so many other visual artists and musicians do. :D

MotoGP seems to have a pretty good program in place. They also seem to do a pretty good job (depending on your point of view) of pulling down the pirate sites so as to maintain their exclusivity.
slowgti
10/25/2016 3:11pm
I've bought several MXGP streams and would gladly pay the same for the American races. They're tied at the hip to the sinking anchor of cable/satellite tv.

The Shop

Helder
10/25/2016 3:25pm
I pay for MXGP when I am off work to watch it and would have no problem at all doing it for anything that interest me, MX, horse racing, rugby league other then MX everything else I'm interested in has good coverage and I suppose o do pay for it with a Foxtel subscription...
yak651
Fantasy
214th
10/25/2016 4:20pm
If Directv and others would stop "forcing" users to pay for stations no one wants to watch, I think more people would be willing to pay their rates (and stop increasing cost for no increase in service). I have no use for more than a hand full of channels in my package and paying around $125 a month is making me seriously consider "cutting the cord". These TV providers need to wake up to what their customers want
TXDirt
10/25/2016 4:52pm
Cut the cord and get a PlayStation VUE subscription. Lots of great channels and not a lot of shit channels you pay for on DirecTV.

Get an Amazon Fire box. Download the NBC Sports app. Login to sports app using your VUE credentials. Boom. All of the AMA MX races streamed in HD. No switching channels.

With VUE you can add on HBO, Showtime, Cinamex, NFL Redzone, etc.

Fan of the UFC fight? Afraid you won't get them except on PPV? wrong. Download the UFC app to your firebox and buy the UFC fight in two clicks. Boom. Fight in HD.

I could go on and on.

Currently getting ready to watch the World Series!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/25/2016 5:48pm
Safe to say the landscape for these is changing quickly, particularly when everyone is carrying a mobile streaming system in their pockets.
10/25/2016 6:30pm
I don't understand this.

A bar or pub can stream a live event to anyone but they're only paying for their own package, a single " viewership " model...

How is that different than someone hosting their single viewership package for others to watch?

it's 2016. There's no excuse for any of these entities to not have a webstream live for all events.

The most amatuer, unprofessional, unorganized and underfounded events can manage this but we can't in the moto world? $15 for the MEC stream? That didn't work? This is not the way to go with it...................
slowgti
10/25/2016 6:54pm
I get the feeling that dealing with the promoters is like dealing with government, reactive not proactive.
DonM
10/25/2016 6:58pm
I don't understand this. A bar or pub can stream a live event to anyone but they're only paying for their own package, a single "...
I don't understand this.

A bar or pub can stream a live event to anyone but they're only paying for their own package, a single " viewership " model...

How is that different than someone hosting their single viewership package for others to watch?

it's 2016. There's no excuse for any of these entities to not have a webstream live for all events.

The most amatuer, unprofessional, unorganized and underfounded events can manage this but we can't in the moto world? $15 for the MEC stream? That didn't work? This is not the way to go with it...................
Not true....bar/restaurants pay by viewable seats and believe me they do check...and it's not cheap.
hvaughn88
10/25/2016 6:59pm
Nice read. I would have no issue to pay for live streaming of events that interest me. For example, for the PBA (bowling), they offer a...
Nice read. I would have no issue to pay for live streaming of events that interest me. For example, for the PBA (bowling), they offer a live streaming platform for hours and hours and hours of qualifying games as well as full archived TV broadcasts from 3 day for $4, 30 day for $8, and I believe $70 for the year. I pay for it to kill a bunch of time (it's like watching paint dry but it interests me and see how other bowlers I know how they are doing) and sometimes, I get on there for the top events I go to so it's worth it for me.

For SX / MX, I think these days with cord cutting going on and on-demand platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and others, people will be paying a reasonable fee to see more live streaming content, especially if its exclusive. It's another revenue stream for the series / promoters as well to take into consideration. Sponsorship deals only cover so much I feel like these days. It'll show progression of the series events as well IMO.
How are Big Ern and Roy Munson doing? I bet they are the biggest draws for the bowling streams, right?Tongue
TXDirt
10/25/2016 7:00pm
I don't understand this. A bar or pub can stream a live event to anyone but they're only paying for their own package, a single "...
I don't understand this.

A bar or pub pays more then a single viewership home. DIRECTV for example has packages for business/commercial purposes. These cost a lot more then your standard home service. They absolutely cannot stream at a bar like you think they can so easily/cheaply.
DonM
10/25/2016 7:08pm
I don't understand this.

TXDirt wrote:
A bar or pub pays more then a single viewership home. DIRECTV for example has packages for business/commercial purposes. These cost a lot more then your...
A bar or pub pays more then a single viewership home. DIRECTV for example has packages for business/commercial purposes. These cost a lot more then your standard home service. They absolutely cannot stream at a bar like you think they can so easily/cheaply.
Exactly...NFL ticket for a bar/restaurant with 150 seats is $5,000.00 for the season...and that's just one sport...one UFC pay per view is about $1500...for just one night.
Cygnus
10/25/2016 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 7:23pm
I don't understand this.

Post like tjis make me lol.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/25/2016 7:23pm
Nice read. I would have no issue to pay for live streaming of events that interest me. For example, for the PBA (bowling), they offer a...

hvaughn88 wrote:
How are Big Ern and Roy Munson doing? I bet they are the biggest draws for the bowling streams, right?Tongue
Last I heard Roy is the same. Still having to bowl with his left hand.

Matt Wozney
10/25/2016 7:36pm

hvaughn88 wrote:
Hahahaha. I might actually be doing my own Reno trip at the end of November to same place where they bowled in the movie.
Matt Wozney
10/25/2016 7:38pm
BTW, lots of people complain about commercials. Paying for live streams without commercials will be an easy sell IMO. I got some ideas I'd like to see tried out and maybe implemented.
10/26/2016 1:57am
I don't understand this.

TXDirt wrote:
A bar or pub pays more then a single viewership home. DIRECTV for example has packages for business/commercial purposes. These cost a lot more then your...
DonM wrote:
Exactly...NFL ticket for a bar/restaurant with 150 seats is $5,000.00 for the season...and that's just one sport...one UFC pay per view is about $1500...for just one...
Exactly...NFL ticket for a bar/restaurant with 150 seats is $5,000.00 for the season...and that's just one sport...one UFC pay per view is about $1500...for just one night.
lol you really are out of touch with whats going on. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of local bars have average consumer based packages and air all publicly broadcast games for their patrons?
DonM
10/26/2016 4:29am
TXDirt wrote:
DonM wrote:
Exactly...NFL ticket for a bar/restaurant with 150 seats is $5,000.00 for the season...and that's just one sport...one UFC pay per view is about $1500...for just one...
lol you really are out of touch with whats going on. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of local bars have average consumer based...
lol you really are out of touch with whats going on. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of local bars have average consumer based packages and air all publicly broadcast games for their patrons?
Sorry, I'm not out of touch....they may have a package that has the local channels that air local games (CBS, NBC & Fox) that they pay different rates for than individuals (much higher) but they are not showing out of market games or any pay per view events that I have posted above. Same goes for MLB, NBA and NHL...Why don't you give DirectTV a call and see what it would cost to have NFL ticket, MLB pass, NHL pass, NBA pass or any UFC events in your 150 seat establishment and you see real quick who is out of touch
web mx
10/26/2016 7:59am
DonM wrote:
lol you really are out of touch with whats going on. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of local bars have average consumer based...
DonM wrote:
Sorry, I'm not out of touch....they may have a package that has the local channels that air local games (CBS, NBC & Fox) that they pay...
Sorry, I'm not out of touch....they may have a package that has the local channels that air local games (CBS, NBC & Fox) that they pay different rates for than individuals (much higher) but they are not showing out of market games or any pay per view events that I have posted above. Same goes for MLB, NBA and NHL...Why don't you give DirectTV a call and see what it would cost to have NFL ticket, MLB pass, NHL pass, NBA pass or any UFC events in your 150 seat establishment and you see real quick who is out of touch
Sorry midwest but Don and his family have been in the bar/restaurant business for a very long time, so i'm sure he is putting up realistic numbers.
SKlein
10/26/2016 8:39am
rrjr wrote:
I seem to remember someone bringing this up in another thread and everyone blasted him. Angry
Yeah, because the guy who continuously brought it up was a moran.
FWYT
10/26/2016 8:46am
Semi related- Netflix produced a short and is streaming it but it is more
about testing the tech side what with different frame rates, bandwidth, etc. Interesting article:

Why is that Weird Short Film 'Meridian' on Netflix?
~~Netflix produced the film noir specifically to test the future of streaming. And they want your help.~~~
http://nofilmschool.com/2016/10/meridian-netflix-imf-streaming
SKlein
10/26/2016 8:49am
BTW, lots of people complain about commercials. Paying for live streams without commercials will be an easy sell IMO. I got some ideas I'd like to...
BTW, lots of people complain about commercials. Paying for live streams without commercials will be an easy sell IMO. I got some ideas I'd like to see tried out and maybe implemented.
That's one convenient thing I've found when watching NHL streams, it's nice to watch a game and have it cut to a intermission screen during commercials and then come back once it's finished. No need to hassle with the volume every time commercials come on, and you can focus on something else until you hear the stream kick back in. I'm sure other sports have a similar services (RedZone is nice as well), but that's one example I could think of.
hvaughn88
10/26/2016 11:32am

hvaughn88 wrote:
Hahahaha. I might actually be doing my own Reno trip at the end of November to same place where they bowled in the movie.
hahaha, that's awesome! Damn, I love that movie.
DonM
10/26/2016 1:32pm
DonM wrote:
Sorry, I'm not out of touch....they may have a package that has the local channels that air local games (CBS, NBC & Fox) that they pay...
web mx wrote:
Sorry midwest but Don and his family have been in the bar/restaurant business for a very long time, so i'm sure he is putting up realistic...
Sorry midwest but Don and his family have been in the bar/restaurant business for a very long time, so i'm sure he is putting up realistic numbers.
Haha!!! we obviously know each other!
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because I assume he at one time was from MI but moved to IL at some point because everyone knows the Mafia is from MI....Or he's too young to know that those before him that became successful and famous in the industry from IL were known as the FBI....Jeff and those twin brothers Mark & Brian...
web mx
10/26/2016 5:42pm
DonM wrote:
web mx wrote:
Sorry midwest but Don and his family have been in the bar/restaurant business for a very long time, so i'm sure he is putting up realistic...
DonM wrote:
Haha!!! we obviously know each other! I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because I assume he at one time was from MI but...
Haha!!! we obviously know each other!
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because I assume he at one time was from MI but moved to IL at some point because everyone knows the Mafia is from MI....Or he's too young to know that those before him that became successful and famous in the industry from IL were known as the FBI....Jeff and those twin brothers Mark & Brian...
I lived near G.R. and remember you and pete riding with everyone from dirtworks like Don & Dwayne & Grewe across street and over at pypers track in late 80's early 90's. I think you or pete had Fudruckers on 28th/east paris at that time.
rrjr
10/26/2016 5:47pm
rrjr wrote:
I seem to remember someone bringing this up in another thread and everyone blasted him. Angry
SKlein wrote:
Yeah, because the guy who continuously brought it up was a moran.
Says the idiot who can't spell moron.

Post a reply to: That streaming thing?

The Latest