Thanks DV!

bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 11:15pm
David, I just watched your video interview on TransWorld and it really conjured up some memories of your racing career here in the US. You had some great seasons and races, and being a rather tall rider myself, I tried to model my riding style after yours. This proved to be helpful in some ways and detrimental in others (I had a few close calls trying your elbows down method...how do you control the bike like that?)! I abandoned that after a while but definitely kept my levers up.

I always enjoyed watching you ride as I think you introduced a bit more glamor and flash to our sport, as well as rejuvenated Americans' interest in French riders. Back in 2001, I was working with Tony D and we all met at a Marie Callender's restaurant in Corona. You were kind enough to offer to go riding with you and for some reason I declined. I guess I was excited to meet you and also did not want you to see how much of a spode I was.

I just wanted to say thanks for the memories and I wish you good luck with your new ventures in EuropeWoohoo .

|
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
9/2/2008 9:17pm
I remember that day but I think it was Mimi's or Coco's... ;-) I never ate at a Marie Callender's in my life...

Thanks for the message

Post a reply to: Thanks DV!

The Latest