Teams that use Yoshimura Pipes

JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
6/6/2011 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 8:06pm
I have always wondered why they switch from the carbon fiber to titanium for oudoors. Is there any reason why, or is it just a preference by the teams?
|
Nielsen277
6/6/2011 6:06pm
I'd guess it has something to do with the heat of outdoors...
RACEGUY
6/6/2011 6:19pm
Carbon fibre cans are a fail-point just waiting for a time to happen. An exhaust blowout screws your power delivery AND can get you the black flag. Not a worthwhile gamble.
EatAChode
6/6/2011 9:01pm
If I had to guess. Durability.
goonrider
6/7/2011 1:58pm
Longevityy. SX you are not on the pipe like you are outdoors so the Ti cans last longer. So longevity of the product vs durability.

The Shop

FIREfish148
6/7/2011 2:03pm
That happened to Ferry one year at budds creek. His carbon fiber exhaust came apart while he was winning. I think he still won but rc almost caught him. Its all matthes' fault though. I blame him.
TeamGreen
6/7/2011 2:27pm
The Teams chose the Ti can for outdoors.

In testing, the Yosh Carbon RC4 has survived 40 minute motos...including J-Mac running it REALLY hard...on purpose; yet, the Teams still have confidence issues from back in the day.

There have been Carbon exhaust products in the past that haven't helped gain anyone's confidence. We're still working on getting "past" that.

Who's running carbon in the GPs?

And then there's this: Do you have ANY idea how hot those Yosh-Superbike pipes get?
dilligaf
6/8/2011 9:26am
TeamGreen wrote:
The Teams chose the Ti can for outdoors. In testing, the Yosh Carbon RC4 has survived 40 minute motos...including J-Mac running it REALLY hard...on purpose; yet...

In testing, the Yosh Carbon RC4 has survived 40 minute motos...including J-Mac running it REALLY hard...on purpose; yet, the Teams still have confidence issues from back in the day.

There have been Carbon exhaust products in the past that haven't helped gain anyone's confidence. We're still working on getting "past" that.

And then there's this: Do you have ANY idea how hot those Yosh-Superbike pipes get?
As I unterstand it the older Carbon bodys that had issues mostly came from the customer (pipe mfg) choosing a cheaper material due to costs??? There are some amazing materials out there that carbon guys who are in the know CAN use but the customer in the past was worried with costs...

Might be why there is pretty much 1 mfg for carbon cans now and these cans dont have issues now.

TeamGreen your input?
TeamGreen
6/8/2011 10:44am
TeamGreen wrote:
The Teams chose the Ti can for outdoors. In testing, the Yosh Carbon RC4 has survived 40 minute motos...including J-Mac running it REALLY hard...on purpose; yet...

dilligaf wrote:
As I unterstand it the older Carbon bodys that had issues mostly came from the customer (pipe mfg) choosing a cheaper material due to costs??? There...
As I unterstand it the older Carbon bodys that had issues mostly came from the customer (pipe mfg) choosing a cheaper material due to costs??? There are some amazing materials out there that carbon guys who are in the know CAN use but the customer in the past was worried with costs...

Might be why there is pretty much 1 mfg for carbon cans now and these cans dont have issues now.

TeamGreen your input?
You are correct, sir.

Currently, we use a damn good material that get's the job done and provides a tolerable price for the customer (Pipe companies)...and...as you point out...there are some really excellent materials that can take all the heat that an F-22 can dish out...however, that would change the pricing...a lot.

I'm always stuck having to deal with the legacy that's been handed to me by some of the crap that's been pawned off as "Carbon" in the past; and, I'm often stuck listening to some "expert" about how carbon "can't take heat" or how carbon "is really fragile"...etc.

All the while...the U.S. has fighter air-craft made out of...Carbon-Fiber.

We've made stuff that's won the Dakar and we've made stuff that's won a lot of battles and we've made stuff that's won more road-racing titles than I can count...both domestic and international.

Next-Up: A "Real" skid/glide that is truly made of "Carbon".

Oh, and, btw...wether it's E-line or Light-Speed...wether it's "All Carbon" or not: Both of those companies are giving you a damn good product for the price you're paying. To be clear: I don't make their stuff...in-fact...sometimes I'm the "competition" to their products...but, the point remains the same...you're getting A LOT of product for the money from those guys.

Post a reply to: Teams that use Yoshimura Pipes

The Latest