Teams should be introduced during opening ceremonies...

Mikexxx
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2013 12:12pm
For open ceremonies it would be cool to do a quick intro of some of the privateer teams...not only the elite riders. NOt everyone can get into the pits.

THere are so many semis in the pits my mind can't keep track and I follow the sport every day.

THe sport is not just Poto, Reed , Dungey and Stewart.
|
RM127
1/24/2013 10:19pm
That actually would be pretty cool!

"Give a hand for Rockstar Suzuki with riders Davi Millsaps and Jason Anderson!!!!" Cheers........
enketchum
1/24/2013 10:30pm
that's a good idea. Having the first 5 riders come out in under two minutes sucks. Then letting the top 5 ride slowly around the plywood is boring.

I miss hot laps! "WHO WANTS TO SEE A HOT LAP ?!?!?!??!?!"

I would like to see teams be introduced, but you can't introduce any of the lites riders because they line up right after opening ceremonies is over
jmar
1/24/2013 10:44pm
Each and every rider that makes the night program should get a proper introduction.

It' would make the sponsors of these smaller teams and riders, feel like they were getting more bang for their buck.
yzvet426
1/25/2013 7:33am
I agree, give the sponsors something back for their investment

The Shop

LouDog
1/25/2013 7:41am
jmar wrote:
Each and every rider that makes the night program should get a proper introduction. It' would make the sponsors of these smaller teams and riders, feel...
Each and every rider that makes the night program should get a proper introduction.

It' would make the sponsors of these smaller teams and riders, feel like they were getting more bang for their buck.
Great Ideal.
slipdog
1/25/2013 7:47am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2013 7:49am
jmar wrote:
Each and every rider that makes the night program should get a proper introduction. It' would make the sponsors of these smaller teams and riders, feel...

LouDog wrote:
Great Ideal.
Agree!

They use to walk the line before the mains in the 90's and let every rider give their name, number and a quick sponsor rundown. At least that was something!
IWreckALot
1/25/2013 7:55am
yzvet426 wrote:
I agree, give the sponsors something back for their investment
You want better marketing?

Sorry Guy I had to.

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
1/25/2013 7:59am
Feld doesn't want to promote any sponsors aside from those that sponsor the series directly.

They especially don't want to promote sponsors that are competitors to the series sponsors. Remember when they blurred out the Red Bull logo on Pastrana's hat a few years back?
yzmatt
1/25/2013 8:02am
Pretty good idea.

What the hell happened to the hot lap anyway??? The presentation is definitely not as good without them!!!!
Underdog999
1/25/2013 8:14am
Great idea!

Instead of the "high profile" guys running laps in the spotlight, it would be nice to hear and see who actually made the main.

Nice to read that someone came up with a rather cool idea! Cool
Hut
1/25/2013 8:19am
I'd rather see all the riders that made the night show get a quick intro and hot lap, than a bunch of fireworks and lights that fill the building with smoke anyway.
-eagle-
1/25/2013 8:28am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2013 8:55am
SPYGUY wrote:
Feld doesn't [i]want[/i] to promote any sponsors aside from those that sponsor the series directly. They especially don't want to promote sponsors that are competitors to...
Feld doesn't want to promote any sponsors aside from those that sponsor the series directly.

They especially don't want to promote sponsors that are competitors to the series sponsors. Remember when they blurred out the Red Bull logo on Pastrana's hat a few years back?
Exactly.
Rant deleted.
JLong
1/25/2013 9:01am
jmar wrote:

NASCAR murders this sport in proper intros for racers.
holeshot100
1/25/2013 2:58pm
Mikexxx wrote:
For open ceremonies it would be cool to do a quick intro of some of the privateer teams...not only the elite riders. NOt everyone can get...
For open ceremonies it would be cool to do a quick intro of some of the privateer teams...not only the elite riders. NOt everyone can get into the pits.

THere are so many semis in the pits my mind can't keep track and I follow the sport every day.

Great idea and a good start in the right direction.
KMC440
1/25/2013 3:46pm
The down time before the lights are killed for the pyro show would be the proper time to intro the remaining riders in the night program.

They can bring them in front of the start gate and a quick intro, hell make it mandatory, that would be very well received.
Pdub
1/25/2013 5:18pm
Mikexxx wrote:
For open ceremonies it would be cool to do a quick intro of some of the privateer teams...not only the elite riders. NOt everyone can get...

No. Save that shiznit for Arenacross. Keep introducing the top 10 in points... they earned the spotlight.

You want to know who the teams are? Buy a program.
zippy895
1/25/2013 5:28pm
also more races for rider exposure.heats,semis...extra cc class...
Fat Fingers
1/25/2013 5:36pm
After they have announced the 80th rider, half of the crowd will have fallen asleep. How can this be more exciting than fireworks?
Hut
1/25/2013 5:54pm
After they have announced the 80th rider, half of the crowd will have fallen asleep. How can this be more exciting than fireworks?
good point
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/25/2013 5:57pm
You see it in nearly every other motosport. The announcers on a telecast will run through each car and driver or bike and rider as they do their warm up laps or lap, with a quick run down on their qualifying position, their standings in the championship and some type of interesting point about the rider/driver and or the team.

Why cant we see this with SX. Make the riders go out on their sight lap before the main in reverse qualifying orders. Live at the track the track announcer could introduce the rider and the team they are riding for, and then the same happen on the live TV broadcast, sure beats listing to three guys talk about the key to the race!

The sport has any chance of long term survival with consistent teams hanging around the pits for more than a couple of years apart from the top few, the guys that are making the top 20 at least need some coverage and promotion both live at the track and live on television.

What is more likely to bring a sponsor to the sport, having the commentators on a telecast that is available live around the United States and many places round the world, talk about each individual team and an image of the bike and sponsors live on the screen, OR a head shot of three commentators talking about the Keys to the race and mentioning the top 3-5 guys only?

Promote the riders, the teams and their sponsors and give the sponsors a reason to stick around! Same with the Outdoor coverage, it is not like there is not enough time especially when it is a live broadcast.
1/25/2013 6:00pm
Agree , more riders and a shout out for the mechanics as well ( i know there are time restrictions) maybe as part of riders intro and image of the wrench on the big screen? ..or does this already happen?
level
1/25/2013 6:22pm
You know it's such a great idea that I'm surprised nobody ever brought it up before. It just makes sense. Just introduce the teams real quick. It will get everybody in the stadium familiar with them also since many people that go there are not very familiar with the riders.
Great freakin idea.
Outsider
1/25/2013 6:23pm
Top 20 qualifiers?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/25/2013 6:27pm
Nothing about the mechanics or other team personnel but a head shot of them is not going to bring an advertisers in, The riders adorning the sponsors logo, the riders bike with the sponsors logo/s and the commentators mentioning the sponsors is the only thing that is needed to bring in more and new sponsors.

Sponsors want to see and hear their product on TV or live at the stadium. Want more sponsors and big name sponsors willing to part with cash for all of the top 20 riders at each round, make sure that each and every riders main sponsor at least gets some air time.
Fat Fingers
1/25/2013 6:31pm
I dunno, again you have to do that for 2 classes so that's 40 rider profiles and I think that would get old every Saturday night. MXGP's often do a satellite team profile - I reckon a 5 minute spotlight on a team each round would be more interesting and good exposure for them. You can't do that at the stadium but you can do it on tv.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/25/2013 6:40pm
A little different but our V8 Supercar racing in Aus, during their telecasts they used to pan over each car and name the driver the team and qualifying position and would give some type of insight to team or driver on every second or third car, be it something that had happened during the week, a new announcement by the team or something that happened during qualifying.

38 - 40 cars on the grid and normally take no more than 2-3 minutes.

A 20 rider grid of SX at 5-10 second per riders would not take long at all, just over 3 minutes in total, about the time it takes for riders to do their site lap in first gear rolling all the jumps and stopping at the top of half of them.

Would sure beat the 5 minutes of listening to three people in a booth give each other shit about something and keys to the race, not that the commentary is bad or anything, just a little more focus on the teams and riders the whole way through the field and a little less self indulgence.

Post a reply to: Teams should be introduced during opening ceremonies...

The Latest