Team waving towels on side of track

level
Always thought this was a little odd they allow them to do this. I understand they are rooting for there rider but at first glance seeing a white, red, or whatever color towel could be mistaken at first glance as a track worker waving a flag. Plus are they really allowed to be standing on the edge of the track like that? The geico guy is pretty much waving his hand over the track and is right on the edge of the track. That has to be a safety hazard and you think someone would say, "Hey dude, you need to back up off the track a little bit."
|
Trav138
6/25/2016 12:03pm
Ok
What the hell, lets just ban the sport, surely if we try hard enough we can save everybody from themselves!

Ahaha just messing with ya, I see your point, some of them guys are damn close.
Anything can happen, after that track worker almost lost his life at Washougal it's something to think about.
The rider Mechanics are usually in an area, but other mechanics, team members are spread throughout the track some driving their utv's.
I have seen some sketchy situations during a race and utv's driving on the side of the track, a few years ago. I haven't seen them lately being used during the race, so maybe they addressed that.
MotoX85
6/25/2016 1:22pm
How bout we let the privateers do the same. You won't see anyone allowed to wave towels for them on the side of the track
bvm111
6/25/2016 3:21pm
Im pretty sure there are zero riders that mistake a towel for a flag.... Ever, ever, ever, ever,ever.... And ever and ever.

The Shop

6/25/2016 3:24pm
Those dicks standing on the side of the track waving their towels in the air like they just don't care.
bama205
6/25/2016 4:49pm
Thanks god there's a sanctioning body (government) around to save us from ourselves
gt80rider
6/25/2016 7:45pm
Air horns and chainsaws are ok, but waving a little towel is not???
brimx153
6/25/2016 7:49pm
One part of the sport i miss, is where they were on the middle of the track with the pit boards .never mind waving towels.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/25/2016 7:54pm
level wrote:
Always thought this was a little odd they allow them to do this. I understand they are rooting for there rider but at first glance seeing...
Always thought this was a little odd they allow them to do this. I understand they are rooting for there rider but at first glance seeing a white, red, or whatever color towel could be mistaken at first glance as a track worker waving a flag. Plus are they really allowed to be standing on the edge of the track like that? The geico guy is pretty much waving his hand over the track and is right on the edge of the track. That has to be a safety hazard and you think someone would say, "Hey dude, you need to back up off the track a little bit."
We need more cow bell!

Post a reply to: Team waving towels on side of track

The Latest