Team Owner and Mechanic Thrown Out

visser62
6/3/2016 11:13am
Mr. Info wrote:
I am not naming names but a small team owner with a big name sponsor was thrown out on Friday from the Glen Helen National for...
I am not naming names but a small team owner with a big name sponsor was thrown out on Friday from the Glen Helen National for making one of Glen Helen break into tears for actions the mechanic committed and then not 30 minutes late to gate security because he felt he was above the same rules as everyone else.
It then escalated to the team owner and mechanic making racial comment and sexual comments asking for services and then not stopping when security head came over and tried to quite the whole thing down without anyone leaving but the team owner would not stop and it led to them both being ejected, hard cards taken as well. Security did not punish the riders because they were not there and let them ride.
This will not be accepted at Glen Helen and DC said it will not be accepted at any National.
MJC wrote:
Yep, this is my first time in a 14+ pager, I kinda feel dirty....
Motodork wrote:
F'n Newbs
This thread has nothing on Lazergate.
Motodork
6/3/2016 11:16am
visser62 wrote:
This thread has nothing on Lazergate.
or "how do I buy a crated FE KTM and ship it to Hawaii "
The Rock
6/3/2016 11:42am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2016 11:44am
visser62 wrote:
"I am not a Buddhist."

Obviously not, because that is not what Buddhism is about.
Obviously you know less about Buddhism than I do. To be clear I don't know that much except for having a few Buddhist friends.

tinybuddha.com/blog/3-steps-to-practice-acceptance-have-a-peaceful-life

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3103/To-Protect-or-to-Accept-A-Buddhist-…

The Rock
6/3/2016 12:05pm
Motodork wrote:
or "how do I buy a crated FE KTM and ship it to Hawaii "
Why not buy one on Maui in a crate? I have a friend on island who is tight with the owners of Cycle City H-D/KTM and might be able to hook you up with a deal.

Preferably just wire me that money and I will take care of things. Of course all of my contact information will change plus my cell will disconnect and you'll never find me but I will take really good care of your KTM. :-)

But seriously folks I'd be happy to help you. Cycle City also has a shop in Honolulu if that works better for you but same friend pricing would be possible.

BTW way better riding and racing on Oahu but hopefully within two years Maui will have a OHV park.

The Shop

scooter5002
6/3/2016 4:05pm
The Rock wrote:
How familiar are you with Buddhism? Acceptance is a huge part of it. I am not a Buddhist but for me my happiness is directly related...
How familiar are you with Buddhism? Acceptance is a huge part of it.

I am not a Buddhist but for me my happiness is directly related to practicing acceptance. In my experience the sooner I accept what has happened instead of being upset over it the sooner I return to be happy and being in a state of gratitude.

Last year when I quit the Blue Buffalo/Slater Racing effort I was definitely bummed but I accepted it and got over it. Sooner or later we all get over things and I just prefer it to be sooner.

With what has happened between the last two GH have only reinforced what a great decision that was.

Your second paragraph: I find this interesting, considering it seems you are constantly on here, waging a campaign to change elements of the sport, you deem unacceptable. Perhaps, in 12,600 words or less, ( preferably much less ) you could expand upon this. It seems contrary to the positon you claim you now take.
visser62
6/3/2016 4:11pm
The Rock wrote:
Obviously you know less about Buddhism than I do. To be clear I don't know that much except for having a few Buddhist friends.

tinybuddha.com/blog/3-steps-to-practice-acceptance-have-a-peaceful-life

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3103/To-Protect-or-to-Accept-A-Buddhist-…

Thank you for the blog post, but I think I will keep my opinion on the side of my family members that were born and raised in Tokyo.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/3/2016 4:30pm
The Rock wrote:
How familiar are you with Buddhism? Acceptance is a huge part of it. I am not a Buddhist but for me my happiness is directly related...

I am not a Buddhist but for me my happiness is directly related to practicing acceptance. In my experience the sooner I accept what has happened instead of being upset over it the sooner I return to be happy and being in a state of gratitude.

Last year when I quit the Blue Buffalo/Slater Racing effort I was definitely bummed but I accepted it and got over it. Sooner or later we all get over things and I just prefer it to be sooner.

With what has happened between the last two GH have only reinforced what a great decision that was.

Your second paragraph: I find this interesting, considering it seems you are constantly on here, waging a campaign to change elements of the sport, you deem...
Your second paragraph: I find this interesting, considering it seems you are constantly on here, waging a campaign to change elements of the sport, you deem unacceptable. Perhaps, in 12,600 words or less, ( preferably much less ) you could expand upon this. It seems contrary to the positon you claim you now take.
You have been around for a while, you know his hypocrisy knows no bounds.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
6/3/2016 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2016 5:16pm
Careful, you guys are going to force hillbilly into another night with the whiskey.
slipdog
6/3/2016 5:21pm
Careful, you guys are going to force hillbilly into another night with the whiskey.
Isn't that kind of like saying you're going to force Miley Cyrus to act like a skank?
The Rock
6/3/2016 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2016 5:29pm
GrapeApe wrote:
It always makes me smile what big mouths people like you and a couple of other morans around here have sitting behind their keyboards. GuyB believes you shouldn't type anything that you wouldn't say in person

Please continue by all means and hopefully next year I can meet you in Dallas to see what you have to say in person.

Hope you have a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to watching Colorado MX on my mom's big screen.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/3/2016 5:23pm
Ssshhhhhhhh, I'm still tossing chum in the water.
Sorry, I'm a newb
The Rock
6/3/2016 6:06pm
visser62 wrote:
Thank you for the blog post, but I think I will keep my opinion on the side of my family members that were born and raised...
Thank you for the blog post, but I think I will keep my opinion on the side of my family members that were born and raised in Tokyo.
Great topic for non Moto. My only exposure to Buddhism is the social circle I'm part of which about a dozen couples where the wives are Thai married to farongs. I spend most holidays with these friends and ocassionally a weekend here and there. The Thai women sure know how to have a good time.
The Rock
6/3/2016 6:10pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Did you let to situation be at glen Helen?
Hey bud. Thanks for posting about what's the thread is about. Would you please clarify your question please?
hvaughn88
6/3/2016 6:23pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Did you let to situation be at glen Helen?
The Rock wrote:
Hey bud. Thanks for posting about what's the thread is about. Would you please clarify your question please?
I'm asking you if you followed the statement in your picture haha
scooter5002
6/3/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2016 6:29pm
The Rock wrote:
I thought mine was fairly clear, but you have not answered it.

Btw, loved your film work. How's your main homeboy doing? You two seemed pretty tight, do you still stay in touch?

The Rock
6/3/2016 7:12pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
As much as I can my friend. My hair is white enough :-)
MJC
6/3/2016 11:16pm
Mr. Info wrote:
I am not naming names but a small team owner with a big name sponsor was thrown out on Friday from the Glen Helen National for...
I am not naming names but a small team owner with a big name sponsor was thrown out on Friday from the Glen Helen National for making one of Glen Helen break into tears for actions the mechanic committed and then not 30 minutes late to gate security because he felt he was above the same rules as everyone else.
It then escalated to the team owner and mechanic making racial comment and sexual comments asking for services and then not stopping when security head came over and tried to quite the whole thing down without anyone leaving but the team owner would not stop and it led to them both being ejected, hard cards taken as well. Security did not punish the riders because they were not there and let them ride.
This will not be accepted at Glen Helen and DC said it will not be accepted at any National.
MJC wrote:
Yep, this is my first time in a 14+ pager, I kinda feel dirty....
Motodork wrote:
F'n Newbs
Ha! Nah, I just have always figured that any threads 4+ pages are not worth my time reading, let alone posting in. Much the same here
Maxjeff
Fantasy
3479th
6/4/2016 5:11am
Awesome!!! First post ever, on a 15 page threadWoohooWoohoo
ns503
6/5/2016 6:34am
Dang, had this one pegged for HOF.
rocrac
6/6/2016 7:39am
Hello Motodrive er....Vital MX
The Rock
9/28/2016 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 11:26pm
The Rock wrote:

Your second paragraph: I find this interesting, considering it seems you are constantly on here, waging a campaign to change elements of the sport, you deem...
GrapeApe wrote:
Just saw your post GrapeApe. You are too funny and I am always touched by your commentary. Haven't seen much of you lately and hope all is well.

scooter5002 I want to see the sport grow and continue so now I don't sit on my hands in this sport. I prefer to address issues that threaten the sport's long term viability like sound and safety. Regardless of what people like you think of me or my interests the FIM and AMA are both glad I'm a sound advocate. The Race Patrol sound testing developed by EA Lab (after I introduced them to our sport two years ago) is twenty plus years ahead of where they were at. FIM quote not mine.

FIM used it since the third or fourth MXGP while the AMA starts their usage at the MEC. The FIM loves their Race Patrol system with a bluetooth printer that prints out the RPM achieved along with the decibels. The race teams love it because they can use Race Patrol Lite to sound test at the shop then when they arrive at sound testing at A1 or Qatar the same equipment is used for sound testing at the races.

The Rock
9/28/2016 11:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 11:23pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Of course I took action instead of watching the entire team get the boot. What would you have done if you'd seen your friend (Larry Brooks) getting ready to see a multi day thrash to get ready for the National all be in vain because of the BS that went down at GH that day? Do nothing?

At the same time I was thinking about the racers getting the short end of the stick and how unfair that was so was moved to action.

I'm just glad my getting Larry involved with the team didn't ruin our twenty plus year friendship. Onward and upward.
The Rock
9/28/2016 11:28pm
newmann wrote:
For Rock. Was busy last night. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/04/137806/s1200_IMG_20160603_200518_351.jpg[/img]
For Rock. Was busy last night.

Never saw this until this morning. Thanks for sharing Joe and let me know if I can have some more packing or steel wool sent to you. Wrapping the perf core with high quality steel wool is the ticket for extending the time between repacking.

e mail me please at mrigdon_2000@yahoo.com I lost your phone number and would like to check in with you at your convenience. I get back to the states on the 3rd.

Post a reply to: Team Owner and Mechanic Thrown Out

The Latest