Team Managers

.Turtle
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2012 3:18pm
When a Team Manager rides in a MX event, why ride another manufactures bike instead of the manufacture the Team you manage rides?
|
TDeath21
7/28/2012 3:13pm
.Turtle wrote:
When a Team Manager rides in a MX event, why ride another manufactures bike instead of the manufacture the Team you manage rides?
If you're employed by Coke, is it not okay to drink Pepsi on your own time away from work?
.Turtle
7/28/2012 3:16pm
.Turtle wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
If you're employed by Coke, is it not okay to drink Pepsi on your own time away from work?
Actually no it's not OK.
TDeath21
7/28/2012 3:18pm
.Turtle wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
.Turtle wrote:
Actually no it's not OK.
It's a matter of opinion. I think, unless you're working, you should be able to do whatever you want to.
.Turtle
7/28/2012 3:28pm
Can Jimmy Johnson shop at Home Depot when he has a day off?

The Shop

DownSouth
7/28/2012 3:40pm
Maybe you live on the opposite coast and are borrowing a bike for a 'just for fun' race which is not a team function.
.Turtle
7/28/2012 3:49pm
DownSouth wrote:
Maybe you live on the opposite coast and are borrowing a bike for a 'just for fun' race which is not a team function.
Maybe the Manufacture you work with was only 30 miles away.....

Just maybe could add fuel to the still smoldering fire that there is a possible problem with the bike. Just saying
BobbyM
7/28/2012 4:03pm
DownSouth wrote:
.Turtle wrote:
Maybe the Manufacture you work with was only 30 miles away..... Just maybe could add fuel to the still smoldering fire that there is a possible...
Maybe the Manufacture you work with was only 30 miles away.....

Just maybe could add fuel to the still smoldering fire that there is a possible problem with the bike. Just saying
WELL HELL...nobody wants to sacrafice their body for a non title race...do they? Smile
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/28/2012 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2012 4:29pm
You wouldnt happen to be talking about Mr. albrecht would you? Wink Kawi had bikes at the event as loaners, so did KTM i believe?
72kiteboarder
7/28/2012 7:18pm
TDeath21 wrote:
.Turtle wrote:
Actually no it's not OK.
TDeath21 wrote:
It's a matter of opinion. I think, unless you're working, you should be able to do whatever you want to.
No it's not a matter of opinion. At least with Coke. It is in employment contracts that the employees cannot be seen drinking any Soda that is not a Coca Cola product.
TDeath21
7/28/2012 7:22pm
.Turtle wrote:
Actually no it's not OK.
TDeath21 wrote:
No it's not a matter of opinion. At least with Coke. It is in employment contracts that the employees cannot be seen drinking any Soda that...
No it's not a matter of opinion. At least with Coke. It is in employment contracts that the employees cannot be seen drinking any Soda that is not a Coca Cola product.
Well if it's in your contract that you sign, that's a completely different story.
IWreckALot
7/29/2012 5:54am
.Turtle wrote:
Actually no it's not OK.
TDeath21 wrote:
No it's not a matter of opinion. At least with Coke. It is in employment contracts that the employees cannot be seen drinking any Soda that...
I think low level employee contracts are a bit different than a team manager riding a competing brand.

Having said that, I am sure it's contractually alright but frowned upon. But unless the manufacturer is providing the bike to the manager, then I suppose the manager should feel free to ride whatever they are most comfortable on.

Did you see Decoster racing a Yamaha the other day or something?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/29/2012 6:27am
Maybe the said manufacturer could care less about surfercross. Their effort in mx has been lower lately compared to the others and it is showing at the pro level.
7/29/2012 6:58am
ML512 wrote:
You wouldnt happen to be talking about Mr. albrecht would you? Wink Kawi had bikes at the event as loaners, so did KTM i believe?
If this is the case you also have to remember that he did work for Kawasaki before JGR, and JGR isn't part of Yamaha (its like working for a Yamaha shop but racing a Kawasaki). oh yeah who really cares anyway?
mauidex
7/29/2012 9:43am
the boss........Coy, or maybe even coach, just didn't want him to get hurt on the blue POS..............
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/29/2012 9:53am
It is bad form to use a competitor's product if you have an agreement with someone, even if the event in question lies outside the agreed upon contract. That is like simultaneously endorsing the competitor and bad-mouthing the sponsor. Having held positions where I was responsible for the arrangements with race teams, I can tell you I'd be taking a long, hard look at my sponsorship agreements with anyone who participated in a sanctioned event with a competitor's product; especially an event that will receive wide media coverage, and especially in these crucial economic times when every dime counts.
mauidex
7/29/2012 9:55am
Falcon wrote:
It is bad form to use a competitor's product if you have an agreement with someone, even if the event in question lies outside the agreed...
It is bad form to use a competitor's product if you have an agreement with someone, even if the event in question lies outside the agreed upon contract. That is like simultaneously endorsing the competitor and bad-mouthing the sponsor. Having held positions where I was responsible for the arrangements with race teams, I can tell you I'd be taking a long, hard look at my sponsorship agreements with anyone who participated in a sanctioned event with a competitor's product; especially an event that will receive wide media coverage, and especially in these crucial economic times when every dime counts.
total black helicopter here...........maybe that's the plan.........get the blue guys to bail on their side...LOL!!
dboivin
7/29/2012 11:35am
if this is indeed about Mr. albrecht, you guys realize that JGR works with a lot of different brands across their spectrum. only thing tied to yamaha is their factory riders. thats it. They develop bikes just like PC does... (see BTO sports).

this is not a big deal. now if you seen Roger cutting laps on Honda, that might be news.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
7/29/2012 12:34pm
.Turtle wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
.Turtle wrote:
Actually no it's not OK.
I my coke sales rep is the biggest pepsi drinker ever..
TeamGreen
7/29/2012 12:36pm
J-Bone rode a Kawi?

Wouldn't be the 1st time.
mx836
7/29/2012 1:03pm
Nobody is going to buy a bike based off of what Jeremy Albrecht is riding. Doesn't matter what color it is.
newmann
7/29/2012 3:12pm
.Turtle wrote:
You're just pissed because you didn't get a sticker. Laughing

https://youtu.be/ay2JHbob2GI
newmann
7/29/2012 3:18pm
Anybody here ever suffer through any of Bubba's World? That wasn't much more than a big Kawasaki commercial. Here he was getting paid to ride Yamaha's and he's showing off a garage full of green cabinets, a bunch of Kawi's, Mules, Jet Ski's.....

Post a reply to: Team Managers

The Latest