Team Gear Merry-Go-Round

Mx Wildcat
Edited Date/Time 10/2/2015 6:14pm
With changes coming for the 2016 season, one overlooked seems to be teams switching riding gear manufacturers. Team Monster Energy/Pro-Circuit is rumored to be on the hunt for new duds on account of Thor (Part Unlimited) leaving and likely going to the Star Yamaha Team next year. Likely replacements are likely Fly Racing or Fox. Now, today I was reading a story about Chase Sexton and his recent signed contract with Geico Honda and will compete at the amateur all-star race at the Monster Energy Cup against other big amateur signee Austin Forkner. In the article (http://www.arenacross.com/news/2015/oct/01/speed-chase-sexton?sf1370219…) I noticed Chase wearing Answer gear instead of the typical Alias combos that Team Geico Honda usually wears. I also checked Alias's website seem to have a very low inventory of gear. Here's the question. Did Geico switch to Answer gear? And...is Alias going out of business?
|
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
10/2/2015 8:56am
No. Alias is coming out with new gear so I think there low on stock.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
Mx Wildcat wrote:
With changes coming for the 2016 season, one overlooked seems to be teams switching riding gear manufacturers. Team Monster Energy/Pro-Circuit is rumored to be on the...
With changes coming for the 2016 season, one overlooked seems to be teams switching riding gear manufacturers. Team Monster Energy/Pro-Circuit is rumored to be on the hunt for new duds on account of Thor (Part Unlimited) leaving and likely going to the Star Yamaha Team next year. Likely replacements are likely Fly Racing or Fox. Now, today I was reading a story about Chase Sexton and his recent signed contract with Geico Honda and will compete at the amateur all-star race at the Monster Energy Cup against other big amateur signee Austin Forkner. In the article (http://www.arenacross.com/news/2015/oct/01/speed-chase-sexton?sf1370219…) I noticed Chase wearing Answer gear instead of the typical Alias combos that Team Geico Honda usually wears. I also checked Alias's website seem to have a very low inventory of gear. Here's the question. Did Geico switch to Answer gear? And...is Alias going out of business?
Alias is probably has low inventory at the moment because of the huge sale they had for nearly 3 weeks. They had gear selling like hot cakes. Furthermore I believe that Alias is owned by or at least invested in by the Geico Honda owners. So I don't see Geico switching any time soon. Also on the account of Sexton wearing Answer. That is what he wore when he was with Star Racing's amateur program as they wore Answer this past year. His deal with them may run through the rest of the year or perhaps Alias just hasn't gotten him his gear yet.

You also have to factor in that Alias is releasing their '16 line later this month, so maybe they're trying to clear out their '15 sets.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
I think mookie still rocks alias and the other geico kids. But I have no idea lol I don't think alias is going out of buisiness
redrider_714
Fantasy
2268th
10/2/2015 9:55am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2015 9:56am
Geico Honda amateur riders are free to do their own gear deal, in fact I think not amateur riders are allowed to do that even when already signed to a team. When they turn pro they switch to Alias. I.E. Jordon Smith ran Thor as an amateur and Matt Bisecglia(sp) ran Fox. Alias has not released there 2016 gear yet, that's why the online store is empty.

The Shop

Camp332
10/2/2015 9:57am
"Merry Go Round" was the best store ever for us Guido's bro. Guess jeans for days!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/2/2015 10:01am
Mx Wildcat wrote:
With changes coming for the 2016 season, one overlooked seems to be teams switching riding gear manufacturers. Team Monster Energy/Pro-Circuit is rumored to be on the...
Amsoil Honda (Factory Connection Amateur team) are free to run whatever gear they want until they switch to the Pro team. The Geico team will still be in Alias, one of the team owners also owns part of Alias.

Also, I wouldn't say it's overlooked. There's been at least five topics on this and I dropped it on here about two months ago that Parts Unlimited wouldn't be re-upping with PC and moving over to Star Racing.

GD2
Fantasy
815th
10/2/2015 10:06am
Mx Wildcat wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Amsoil Honda (Factory Connection Amateur team) are free to run whatever gear they want until they switch to the Pro team. The Geico team will still...
Amsoil Honda (Factory Connection Amateur team) are free to run whatever gear they want until they switch to the Pro team. The Geico team will still be in Alias, one of the team owners also owns part of Alias.

Also, I wouldn't say it's overlooked. There's been at least five topics on this and I dropped it on here about two months ago that Parts Unlimited wouldn't be re-upping with PC and moving over to Star Racing.

Do you think the PC press release will drop close to MEC? Or after as I don't believe they have any riders attending?
Mx Wildcat
10/2/2015 11:55am
Mx Wildcat wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Amsoil Honda (Factory Connection Amateur team) are free to run whatever gear they want until they switch to the Pro team. The Geico team will still...

GD2 wrote:
Do you think the PC press release will drop close to MEC? Or after as I don't believe they have any riders attending?
Just looked over the rider list for the MEC. Not one of Mitch's guys are going. I guess since it's all 450's they don't have a 450 bike built for their riders.
Dx3moto
10/2/2015 12:44pm
Star Racing with Thor? That'd be a sick combo
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
10/2/2015 3:47pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Horrible combo - biased opinion. Tongue
mx836
10/2/2015 6:14pm
Dx3moto wrote:
danzig138 wrote:
Horrible combo - biased opinion. Tongue
I'm not biased and I agree. Thor has gone downhill!

Post a reply to: Team Gear Merry-Go-Round

The Latest