Team Australia - MXoN

9/30/2014 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 5:57pm
Well I got torn a new one on here for suggesting team Australia not go this year.

My pre comments were to maybe have Australia skip this year due to the team missing most of our best riders. I had suggested Moss would be alright on pace but would crash out of a moto. He did.

Clout not being very dominant in Australia, I thought would see him being quite weak on the world stage. This I was a little surprised with. His pace was better than I thought. He didn't get no results, but his pace wasn't terrible.

Than you have Reed who has a lot of the event covered by MA. But he was still out of pocket. Got knocked around and for what? To barely qualify?

The thing I am bummed about is that because of how it all went down it looks like we will not see Chad at future events. Which sucks, because if we had a team with Chad, Metty or Ferris or Waters, we would have a real shot. If the team is right I hope Chad participates again (of course if he is up to pace).

Positives from the event - Chad's practice time was surprisingly competitive.
Clout was better than expected
Moss did a clutch ride in the qualifier to have us qualify.

Thank you Moss, Clout, Reed and all those that helped Team Australia represent. You guys answered the call and I am thankful. But in future if the team isn't right I support Australia skipping a year. There is no shame in that.
|
Crush
9/30/2014 7:13pm
You can't account for bad luck. They should always send a team.

I'd have rather seen MA and Suzuki help more with Mossy's bike, can't imagine Desalles setup as big as he is is awesome for Matt.

But Clout rode pretty well but then crashed. Chad was ok in practice...but crashed heaps... And Moss basically made sure they got in the qualifiers... and then crashed. Shit happens. I'd always want them there tho!
tobz
9/30/2014 7:21pm
You lost me at "he didn't get no results"

Sounds like reed's pretty surprised that all Moss bought with him was handlebars?
JB479
9/30/2014 7:22pm
Nice post.

I was impressed with all riders in practice but as always the luck never seems to be on Australia's side.

I think next year its best to pick GP riders Waters and Ferris, hopefully their healthy come time of MXON.
I say this because they will be already riding their own bike and will already have the right setup.
JB479
9/30/2014 7:25pm
tobz wrote:

Sounds like reed's pretty surprised that all Moss bought with him was handlebars?
But who pays for the Freight of Forks/Shock? Would it have came out of Moss's pocket?

Motorcycling Australia seems to act like their pretty tight on coin.

The Shop

MJC
9/30/2014 7:26pm
tobz wrote:

Yeah Reed and Matthes seemed flabbergasted! The lure of a factory bike..... In saying that, what suspension settings from Oz would've been similar? Coolum/ Wonthaggi? Dunno
I agree with JB, leaning towards GP riders might be better for support and familiarity of tracks.
tobz
9/30/2014 7:31pm
tobz wrote:

JB479 wrote:
But who pays for the Freight of Forks/Shock? Would it have came out of Moss's pocket? Motorcycling Australia seems to act like their pretty tight on...
But who pays for the Freight of Forks/Shock? Would it have came out of Moss's pocket?

Motorcycling Australia seems to act like their pretty tight on coin.
The stuff fits in a slim gun case, not too hard to throw it in with the luggage.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/30/2014 7:33pm
Why could Metcalfe not go or wasn't picked?

Reed has been a gamer for this event in the past but his last two outdoor seasons have been rough for his standards. I'm not sure he can get back up to top outdoor speed like he can in supercross.

Crush
9/30/2014 7:34pm
Probably not just a case of settings, but Moss runs RG3 modified stockers right? I'd imagine Desalles is all sorts of weird, with weird settings... Motor possibly too. It's just another unfamiliar thing in an already unfamiliar place and event.
9/30/2014 7:36pm
From Reedy's interview it seems they cover a majority of it. I actually thought prior to the event someone like Reed would have to pay a shit load because its his own team etc. But it sounded like yeah he had to spend money. But not a major amount.

So I don't know about if it would be a great deal for Moss to get his suspension there. .

@Tobz - By no results. I should of worded that differently. He did not get the results it seemed like he was capable of. Clout was a pleasant surprise, he rode great. I think though with a better start he would of been able to do more damage.

@Crush - I truly understand your point. I am close to the same. But costs, risk, reward sometimes don't add up. Imagine if Mossy save that qualifier and we only went in the B main. (Which was a very near reality). I guess its like an individual racer weighing up weather to ride with an injury or not.

I guess ultimately I also would love to see them there every time. But years like this one, I would give the guys a pass not to show. If that makes sense.
9/30/2014 7:39pm
Ramrod wrote:
Why could Metcalfe not go or wasn't picked? Reed has been a gamer for this event in the past but his last two outdoor seasons have...
Why could Metcalfe not go or wasn't picked?

Reed has been a gamer for this event in the past but his last two outdoor seasons have been rough for his standards. I'm not sure he can get back up to top outdoor speed like he can in supercross.

I think Metty just didn't have a bike that was suitable. Look at last year. I truly believe once the track got rough Metty couldn't hang, due to riding a privateer bike. Hell he won the qualifier when it was smoother. I was scared watching Metty race the final round of AMA nationals 2013 on that bike.
9/30/2014 7:41pm
JB479 wrote:
Nice post. I was impressed with all riders in practice but as always the luck never seems to be on Australia's side. I think next year...
Nice post.

I was impressed with all riders in practice but as always the luck never seems to be on Australia's side.

I think next year its best to pick GP riders Waters and Ferris, hopefully their healthy come time of MXON.
I say this because they will be already riding their own bike and will already have the right setup.
I agree with you. Not to mention both riders have been Gamers at MXoN in their showings.
10/1/2014 1:26am
Metty,Waters and Ferris,who goes on the 250? Unless it's Clout again,he could do with another shot at it
JB479
10/1/2014 4:52am
Metty,Waters and Ferris,who goes on the 250? Unless it's Clout again,he could do with another shot at it
Ferris on the 250. Im unsure whether he's riding a 350 or 450 next year. Otherwise yes clout on a 250. He is only 19 so he's only going to get better. We have a lot of talent coming through that are only 16 or 17 and they are as quick as clout but they just haven't matured yet. So in the next 3 or 4 years I think You will see more Aussie riders in America and Europe.
10/1/2014 5:57pm
Yeah Ferris on 250.

Would of been interesting to see what Caleb Ward could of done there. He is the sand boss.

Post a reply to: Team Australia - MXoN

The Latest