Talk from #800

toroP
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:30pm
from RacerX
In the press conference, Alessi basically threw sand in his comp's faces. In Reed's, he said, ""did I win? I'm confused listening to that."

Should be interesting to hear the details.
|
JVT357
Fantasy
3149th
5/22/2010 7:27pm
Typical alessi, running his mouth. Should keep his mouth shut until he makes it through a complete season. One moto win doesn't mean shit.
Hut
5/22/2010 7:29pm
Did they break out the "Believe the Hype!" Tshirts again?
Team Euro
5/22/2010 7:38pm
Mike blew it in Europe also, Rode over his head, got put in his place by Philippaerts, then went into his robotic American " thank my sponsors" speech, 10 words into it everyone walked away...Now Jeff rode a competent race and was a class act all the way...more Jeff less of the other

The Shop

5/22/2010 7:51pm
Thats not that bad unless i am reading it wrong. He just won a fucking moto! give him a break.
jmar
5/22/2010 7:55pm
No matter how well the kid does, he will never live up to some or you're expectations.

I think he done well today.
500guy
5/22/2010 7:58pm
jmar wrote:
No matter how well the kid does, he will never live up to some or you're expectations.

X2
I think he did awesome and should be allowed to be happy about it
muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
5/22/2010 8:00pm
minidad160 wrote:
Thats not that bad unless i am reading it wrong. He just won a fucking moto! give him a break.
Exactly..Zzzzzzzz.

Mike rode the wheels off of that bike today, gave it a solid US debut, and got himself (and his team) a podium at Round #1. He's been out of the American racing scene for awhile and there is no doubt that he came into today nervous and probably a little apprehensive. When the gate dropped, so did the b.s., and he went out there and made a statement.

And now here comes the Vital wrecking crew to talk major sh!t on him and dog him as much as possible because he rode well and showed a little confidence at the PC...you know, as opposed to what a lot of you wanted him to do, which is go out there and struggle on the new bike and eventually fail. Hate on everybody...hate on!! I'm not even and Alessi fan all that much, but I will give credit where credit is due.

Good ride #800.
Mutt
5/22/2010 8:02pm
Mikey will forever live in the bad press created by his father and unrealistic expectations coming in to the Pro ranks. The kid is an unbelievable talent aboard a motorcycle.
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
5/22/2010 8:17pm
i maybe missing something here but, where is Bobbym to tell all the cumchugging spermbeards to shut the fug up?
bigborefan
5/22/2010 8:24pm
I like the kid. Don't blame the boy for the sins of the father.
fcr
5/22/2010 8:29pm
Congrats on your showing today #800.
Mutt
5/22/2010 8:36pm
Stoop wrote:
i maybe missing something here but, where is Bobbym to tell all the cumchugging spermbeards to shut the fug up?
He's still clinging to Mikey's sweat drenched................
Casemark
5/22/2010 8:57pm
jmar wrote:

500guy wrote:
X2
I think he did awesome and should be allowed to be happy about it
I agree 500. The 1st moto was his first American big race since Colarodo last year when he was laid out by Josh Grant and tore his knee up again. 2 surgeries later and 10 months, Mike went 4/1.

Let me tell you (people that are bitching about Mike Alessi speaking up), if you could ride as good as some of these pro's I would bet a lot of money you would talking some shit. But sad to say, you'll never know. You talk shit anyway and you suck on a motorcycle. You would do anything to be fast, even if you had to make a deal with the devil. Why do I think this? Because you spend your life talking about racing, riders, going fast and all the other BS you talk about.

So shut your pie hole SUPER FAN's!
ridge
5/22/2010 9:04pm
toroP wrote:
from RacerX In the press conference, Alessi basically threw sand in his comp's faces. In Reed's, he said, ""did I win? I'm confused listening to that."...
from RacerX
In the press conference, Alessi basically threw sand in his comp's faces. In Reed's, he said, ""did I win? I'm confused listening to that."

Could it be that he was actually asking a serious question? It might have been a little confusing like it was in the 250 class.

Or, maybe you actually heard this and, if so, was his tone cocky?

I have to say that I was surprised by his performance, along with Reed's. I thought Reed was going to lay back like he did last year and let all the kids beat themselves up in the first few rounds.
jmar
5/22/2010 9:19pm
toroP wrote:
from RacerX In the press conference, Alessi basically threw sand in his comp's faces. In Reed's, he said, ""did I win? I'm confused listening to that."...
from RacerX

ridge wrote:
Could it be that he was actually asking a serious question? It might have been a little confusing like it was in the 250 class. Or...
Could it be that he was actually asking a serious question? It might have been a little confusing like it was in the 250 class.

I have to say that I was surprised by his performance, along with Reed's. I thought Reed was going to lay back like he did last year and let all the kids beat themselves up in the first few rounds.
Nothing laid back about Chad. Even though he comes up short once in a while, Chad is a very hard worker. Chad is one of those, "once in a lifetime" riders that don't come along to often.

ridge
5/22/2010 9:23pm
jmar wrote:
Nothing laid back about Chad. Even though he comes up short once in a while, Chad is a very hard worker. Chad is one of those...
Nothing laid back about Chad. Even though he comes up short once in a while, Chad is a very hard worker. Chad is one of those, "once in a lifetime" riders that don't come along to often.

No, I didn't mean laid back...I meant lay back in the context that he is so patient, he lets the race come to him instead of forcing the issue.
toroP
5/22/2010 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2010 9:31pm
toroP wrote:
from RacerX

ridge wrote:
Could it be that he was actually asking a serious question? It might have been a little confusing like it was in the 250 class. Or...

Only the last sentence in the post is mine. The rest is from RacerX. Sorry it was unclear.

And I believe it was Chad that asked, " Did I win?" , after Alessi's portion of the press conference.
MX Culture
5/22/2010 9:32pm
Exactly Ridge!
22 and 800 are going to have some sweet battles.
RD5 will get back into it too.
Grant will get back in the mix and Metcalfe will be there every race.
Good summer ahead i sees.
5/22/2010 9:39pm
ridge wrote:
No, I didn't mean laid back...I meant lay back in the context that he is so patient, he lets the race come to him instead of...
No, I didn't mean laid back...I meant lay back in the context that he is so patient, he lets the race come to him instead of forcing the issue.
Reed is clever, probably the smartest racer out there...Pourcel is too.

both let the race come to them and are very patient.
5/22/2010 9:40pm
MX Culture wrote:
Exactly Ridge! 22 and 800 are going to have some sweet battles. RD5 will get back into it too. Grant will get back in the mix...
Exactly Ridge!
22 and 800 are going to have some sweet battles.
RD5 will get back into it too.
Grant will get back in the mix and Metcalfe will be there every race.
Good summer ahead i sees.
watching the first outdoor, i decided i really do hate supercross.

i can't really stand it anymore.
DanDunes818
5/22/2010 9:54pm
Mike road great today despite JG going out of his way in moto one to put him on the ground. 800 came out in moto two and made sure JG would never see him. If anyone was shit talking today it was JG. They asked JG after the moto if he thought mikes 350 was under powered and JG said well you saw what happened didn't you. Well JG probably wasn't running his mouth after moto two about 800 being under powered.
mag23
5/22/2010 10:25pm
after Mike ruined the field in the second moto, I say he can talk all the shit he wants. Seemed like moto one was just his warmup, the second moto... damn, stomped everybody's ass
Crush
5/23/2010 12:25am
Are the press conferences online anywhere?!?!
FIREfish148
5/23/2010 12:34am
Crush wrote:
Are the press conferences online anywhere?!?!
Alli was going to air it, but the audio cut out so its kind of useless. lol
Quickdraw
5/23/2010 12:48am
Mike is just excitable he has been probably hanging for a win since his injury, I was impressed with Mike and Chad they looked great.
Crush
5/23/2010 1:02am
Quickdraw wrote:
Mike is just excitable he has been probably hanging for a win since his injury, I was impressed with Mike and Chad they looked great.
Mike is probably excitable because he's still treated like a kid...

Needs to grow up I think, step out of his Father's shadow...

Doesn't mean Tony can't be involved, but Mike being his own man wouldn't hurt anyone!
FIREfish148
5/23/2010 1:25am
Quickdraw wrote:
Crush wrote:
Mike is probably excitable because he's still treated like a kid... Needs to grow up I think, step out of his Father's shadow... Doesn't mean Tony...
Mike is probably excitable because he's still treated like a kid...

Needs to grow up I think, step out of his Father's shadow...

Doesn't mean Tony can't be involved, but Mike being his own man wouldn't hurt anyone!
Seems to be working for him. Stewarts dad is pretty involved. Tony is on another level with it just from what ive seen. Thats what happens when you grow up racing, and spending that much time with your dad. It just grows into wanting to help your kid out as much as possible. Who knows maybe Alessi wouldnt be as fast without the support he gets from his dad.
Crush
5/23/2010 1:32am
Yeah, not saying it isn't working to a degree...

And I don't know that he would or wouldn't have done better without his Dad around...

I'm talking more about his personality, the carry on, etc... Like J-Bone said... He just comes across a bit full of himself...
Grendel
5/23/2010 9:01am
Mike should have an exciting and fruitful season. Quit harping on his dad.

Post a reply to: Talk from #800

The Latest