TV Coverage

Crush
Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 7:53am
Cool how they've seemingly answered Matthes' and others cries for more knowledge and airtime on the back guys...

Anyone know tho who is doing the spotting for who they should watch and when?

250 heat 2, Malcolm, Zac and Anderson were going at it, let's cut to Malcolm crashing, then Cole cruising. You could hear the crowd going nuts for like 2 laps, then in the background you see Zac behind Malcolm.

Show the race. Cut the fuckin replays till after it!!!
|
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/6/2014 4:16am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 4:18am
It's been absolutely brilliant! Having a third guy in the booth has really helped shut Ralph up...Laughing
In all seriousness though, it's the best since David and Art.Cool

Edit: Weege was awesome and Diffey too, (outdoors for the noobs).
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
4/6/2014 4:22am
Must be the same person who directs the practice sessions. Frustrates the hell out of me when they don't focus on the right rider.

How hard is it? You can tell from a lap away that something is likely to happen.
4/6/2014 4:38am
you can see the future?
Crush
4/6/2014 4:43am
I can certainly A) Use my however many years of watching MX to know that if 3 riders pass each other, and they're going at it, that maybe we keep an eye on them and Cool if we don't, react to the crowd going apeshit for 2 laps and get the fuckin camera back on them.

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/6/2014 4:55am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 4:56am
Yeah, hearing the crowd go off and not seeing what happens, sucks; But isn't it a bit odd that the three guys in the booth don't mention anything either?
Tbteam
4/6/2014 5:21am
And then at the end of the heat, just as Malcolm finished ahead of Osbourne, there's just a cursory "and Stewart in third" from the booth. No comment whatsoever that we missed the pass.
hillbilly
4/6/2014 6:18am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah, hearing the crowd go off and not seeing what happens, sucks; But isn't it a bit odd that the three guys in the booth don't...
Yeah, hearing the crowd go off and not seeing what happens, sucks; But isn't it a bit odd that the three guys in the booth don't mention anything either?
It is because they are looking at the monitor not out on the floor,

Otherwise they would be commenting on things we ain't seeing,

Same reason no split screen,they would get confused on which to comment on.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/6/2014 6:28am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 6:28am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah, hearing the crowd go off and not seeing what happens, sucks; But isn't it a bit odd that the three guys in the booth don't...
hillbilly wrote:
It is because they are looking at the monitor not out on the floor, Otherwise they would be commenting on things we ain't seeing, Same reason...
It is because they are looking at the monitor not out on the floor,

Otherwise they would be commenting on things we ain't seeing,

Same reason no split screen,they would get confused on which to comment on.
Baaaagghhhhhhh, nonsense ....Laughing
Getndome
4/6/2014 6:43am
It's no easy task I was there and I'm watching a certain group of riders and I hear a roar and I scan around real fast and can't figure out what the commotion was about . However the one thing the camera guys do that is retarded is there will be a heated battle for 2nd and than they break away to show the lonely ol guy in first cross the finish line
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
4/6/2014 7:48am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 8:22am
Crush wrote:
I can certainly A) Use my however many years of watching MX to know that if 3 riders pass each other, and they're going at it...
I can certainly A) Use my however many years of watching MX to know that if 3 riders pass each other, and they're going at it, that maybe we keep an eye on them and Cool if we don't, react to the crowd going apeshit for 2 laps and get the fuckin camera back on them.
Crush,

Every weekend we hear this complaint and its pretty easy to understand. The same time you hear the crowd, is the same time the people putting on the show are hearing it, so why cut right then? to miss why happened and maybe catch a tail end of the potential carnage? So, the crowd should dictate what we are watching at home?

(The crowd has never gone apeshit for 2 laps while we miss why, so lets stop that exaggeration)

When you heard the crowd was it because of a battle you think you were missing or because #JoeAlessi in the back just looped the triple?

The truth is, there are plenty of times when they aren't on the leader who has checked out showing the other action... Just like when Dean went down and they weren't showing him live when it happened. We heard the crowd. They were showing another battle. They had to show the replay. NOBODY can see the future and have the cameras where they need to be all the time.

It is Live, there is NO WAY to tell what is going to happen. You or I, may think we know what is going to happen with all our experience racing and watching, but the truth is we don't know either. In hindsight it is easy to second guess the broadcast.

They always cut to the leader when he finishes, even if he is cruising, AS THEY SHOULD. He just won, not only should it be done out of respect, but it is a race and you ALWAYS show the winner getting the checkered flag. Why should the winner get screwed because he is killing his competition? no matter what is going on behind them, that is why we race, to win. It would suck to not get recognition because 4th is racing hard. They will get the replay. Just like they did when Mookie passed Osbourne.

99% of the time, when you hear the crowd roar it as addressed in a replay, even when it is a back marker who crashed.

You and Hillbilly maybe shouldn't watch and then just come on here and get the play by play by all the experts? (Just kidding!)

During the down time, we saw all of Mookies practice crashes, all of RV's practice crashes and anything relevant to the race... I don't think they miss as much as people think.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
4/6/2014 7:51am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2014 7:57am
Getndome wrote:
It's no easy task I was there and I'm watching a certain group of riders and I hear a roar and I scan around real fast...
It's no easy task I was there and I'm watching a certain group of riders and I hear a roar and I scan around real fast and can't figure out what the commotion was about . However the one thing the camera guys do that is retarded is there will be a heated battle for 2nd and than they break away to show the lonely ol guy in first cross the finish line
We are watching a race, the guy who won should be shown getting the checkered flag. All the work, effort, training, and then a guy wins and he shouldn't be shown because there s a battle for 4th? Full screen, It should be all about the leader when the checkered flag flies. It's respectful more than anything else.

Let him get his pay off for winning and we will catch the replay for 4th.
jmx411
4/6/2014 7:53am
The two races they have had the flyover cam it's been awesome. It should be a must every race.

Post a reply to: TV Coverage

The Latest