TSA Sucks The Big Donkey.......

DL
11/29/2012 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2012 10:18am
PJ Larsen was flying to Germany from LAX last night. He had a lay over in Minneapolis. The flight got cancelled and after trying to get another flight he determined that he could not make the race so he grabbed his bags which HAD his 2013 Honda CRF450 SX suspension. He's back in LA now arguing with TSA and Delta. After a couple hours they found it. Lesson to all traveling with suspension...... mark your forks and shock with a note saying that nitrogen/gas has been removed.
|
takitimu
11/29/2012 1:02pm
I'm assuming what you are saying is TSA removed the suspension in LAX before the plane left for Minneapolis/Germany because it was potentially suspicious.

I'm actually kind of relieved they picked it up to be honest, I'm not always a big fan of the TSA, but the core of what they are doing is really hard.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2012 1:05pm
takitimu wrote:
I'm assuming what you are saying is TSA removed the suspension in LAX before the plane left for Minneapolis/Germany because it was potentially suspicious. I'm actually...
I'm assuming what you are saying is TSA removed the suspension in LAX before the plane left for Minneapolis/Germany because it was potentially suspicious.

I'm actually kind of relieved they picked it up to be honest, I'm not always a big fan of the TSA, but the core of what they are doing is really hard.
If they were consistent in what they do/look at/enforce, it'd be one thing. But they're not. Every mechanic or rider I know who travels with suspension cringes at having to do it.
slipdog
11/29/2012 1:13pm
I checked my whole bike on to a flight with me to Unadilla in '02. I got 3 jumbo Rubbermaid bins from Home Deopt and stuffed everything inside, duct taped on the lids and paid an extry $40 fee for overweight baggage. No questions asked!
takitimu
11/29/2012 1:14pm
GuyB wrote:
If they were consistent in what they do/look at/enforce, it'd be one thing. But they're not. Every mechanic or rider I know who travels with suspension...
If they were consistent in what they do/look at/enforce, it'd be one thing. But they're not. Every mechanic or rider I know who travels with suspension cringes at having to do it.
Yeah, they really struggle with cleaning up their processes, you'd have thought they would have a team looking at situations like this & working to make it smooth for TSA & travelers.
My bags get searched alot when I head back to NZ ( they get tagged ) from the US, but I've never done suspension, kind of makes me think it would be cool to bring it over & get it serviced in the US though, well until I read your comments.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2012 1:19pm
slipdog wrote:
I checked my whole bike on to a flight with me to Unadilla in '02. I got 3 jumbo Rubbermaid bins from Home Deopt and stuffed...
I checked my whole bike on to a flight with me to Unadilla in '02. I got 3 jumbo Rubbermaid bins from Home Deopt and stuffed everything inside, duct taped on the lids and paid an extry $40 fee for overweight baggage. No questions asked!
Yeah. Good luck with that today.

It's not just suspension. Flying with electronics or camera gear can be frustrating as well...though it's never prevented me from getting on a flight. I actually got yelled at during one security check because I'd taken my iPad out of my backpack and put it in a bin next to my laptop. According to the rocket surgeon in TSA, it didn't need to be scanned separately. At every other check-in, they wanted it out of the bag.
Torco1
11/29/2012 1:26pm
At least you guys don't get raped every time you fly. I have so much metal in my body it sets off the metal detectors and I have to be frisked every single time I fly. I just tell them now before I even go through the detectors that it's going to go off so you might as well pull me aside now.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
11/29/2012 1:47pm
I usually FedEx most of my stuff ahead just to avoid the hassle.
englishman
11/29/2012 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 1:53pm
Love flying out of San Diego terminal 2, line is always 5 miles long, totally disorganized, people just about missing flights and TSA are all standing around , hands in pockets shouting at the customers ( us ) to get our shit out and get it together.

TSA couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery for a bunch of alcoholics.
11/29/2012 2:05pm
Torco1 wrote:
At least you guys don't get raped every time you fly. I have so much metal in my body it sets off the metal detectors and...
At least you guys don't get raped every time you fly. I have so much metal in my body it sets off the metal detectors and I have to be frisked every single time I fly. I just tell them now before I even go through the detectors that it's going to go off so you might as well pull me aside now.
Ha- I have only had a couple issues with metal detectors, but in the body scanner they get suspicious because one leg is shorter than the other and I can't put both feet on the foot markers and stand straight.
"Put your feet on the marks sir!"

Another time I forgot I had a steak knife in my carry-on (very intelligent move). They ask me if I have any sharp objects, I say no, then they pull the steak knife out and ask "what's this then?" Took some explaining for sure. I had actually put in there for lunch at work and forgotten about it. This is at DC National too.
peelout
11/29/2012 2:18pm
Meg put a big purple dildo (sans batteries) in her luggage right on top for the TSA to find when they snooped through the luggage going to Colorado for the National in '07. i can only imagine the TSA agent's face when he opened her bag LOL

they left the note about being searched, the dildo was stuffed to the bottom
Torco1
11/29/2012 2:18pm
Torco1 wrote:
At least you guys don't get raped every time you fly. I have so much metal in my body it sets off the metal detectors and...
Ha- I have only had a couple issues with metal detectors, but in the body scanner they get suspicious because one leg is shorter than the...
Ha- I have only had a couple issues with metal detectors, but in the body scanner they get suspicious because one leg is shorter than the other and I can't put both feet on the foot markers and stand straight.

Another time I forgot I had a steak knife in my carry-on (very intelligent move). They ask me if I have any sharp objects, I say no, then they pull the steak knife out and ask "what's this then?" Took some explaining for sure. I had actually put in there for lunch at work and forgotten about it. This is at DC National too.
Haven't you been deciding on whether or not to have a hip replacement? If you end up having one done, that baby will set off every metal detector you go through at any airport.
Torco1
11/29/2012 2:21pm
peelout wrote:
Meg put a big purple dildo (sans batteries) in her luggage right on top for the TSA to find when they snooped through the luggage going...
Meg put a big purple dildo (sans batteries) in her luggage right on top for the TSA to find when they snooped through the luggage going to Colorado for the National in '07. i can only imagine the TSA agent's face when he opened her bag LOL

Does Meg have a name for her dildo?
peelout
11/29/2012 3:11pm
peelout wrote:
Meg put a big purple dildo (sans batteries) in her luggage right on top for the TSA to find when they snooped through the luggage going...

Torco1 wrote:
we're broke up man. i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. i don't know, i wasn't really paying attention.

anyone know of a good tattoo removal shop? this monster logo and her name look pretty fucked now
11/29/2012 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2012 4:10pm
peelout wrote:
we're broke up man. i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. i don't...
we're broke up man. i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. i don't know, i wasn't really paying attention.

anyone know of a good tattoo removal shop? this monster logo and her name look pretty fucked now
Did she send you a John Deere letter?
DrSweden
11/29/2012 4:10pm
I put my forks inside one of those stroller bags (oil still in), which you can ship for free. Obviously, I got lucky, but the guy in the check in desk saw the weight, and asked "is it just a stroller stuff inside?" I was like duh. Grinning
slumpstone
11/29/2012 4:41pm
I dont know, we've flown to Australia twice, France and Italy with suspension and engines and have never had a problem. Had the suspension in gun cases and the engines really clean and in ice chests.
rpoint116
11/29/2012 7:00pm
I use a automatic hydrostatic PFD for offshore sailing that has a 33 gram co2 cartridge. Some airlines allow these, some do not. The TSA allows them if the carrier allows them. I carry the TSA documentation guidelines with me when I check the bags. It's hard for the TSA people to know & understand all the different items.

Having said that, I have come across a few TSA dipshits.
Spahnzuki
11/29/2012 7:16pm
The TSA sucks big time. That is what happens when you let the government run something.....Oh, I don't know.....like Social Security, or the Post Office, or....holy shit.....healthcare. The government is like a monkey fucking a football....
Brent
11/30/2012 1:23pm
englishman wrote:
Love flying out of San Diego terminal 2, line is always 5 miles long, totally disorganized, people just about missing flights and TSA are all standing...
Love flying out of San Diego terminal 2, line is always 5 miles long, totally disorganized, people just about missing flights and TSA are all standing around , hands in pockets shouting at the customers ( us ) to get our shit out and get it together.

TSA couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery for a bunch of alcoholics.
Terminal 2 at SD is the most disorganized and poorly staffed security I have ever gone through, I sometimes drive up to John Wayne because its less of a hassle there.
11/30/2012 7:58pm
Torco1 wrote:
Ha- I have only had a couple issues with metal detectors, but in the body scanner they get suspicious because one leg is shorter than the...

Torco1 wrote:
Haven't you been deciding on whether or not to have a hip replacement? If you end up having one done, that baby will set off every...
Haven't you been deciding on whether or not to have a hip replacement? If you end up having one done, that baby will set off every metal detector you go through at any airport.
You're the man Torco! You know what the surgeries are like.

I am hoping to go in for a full new left hip in Spring. I was set to get a new hip a year ago but had some insurance problems, then switched insurance companies. Financing a new hip is like financing a new car these days $35k to walk out the door!

I got turned down for a pre-existing condition (coming up short on a tabletop and snapping your femur is pre-existing) but signed up with a new company and think they will do it.
Faceaz
11/30/2012 9:33pm
Flew with my 90 year old Grandma to Colorado not long ago... Flight there was no problem. On the way back they found the smallest Swiss Army Knife in her bag (which had been there since our trip to Europe 20 yrs ago), created quite the fiasco for a 90 year old lady.
GHR
11/30/2012 10:08pm
peelout wrote:

Torco1 wrote:
peelout wrote:
we're broke up man. i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. i don't...

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/1/2012 12:31am
All I learned from this was the two kids were super-annoying, Deputy Lenic has a cool head, the airport admin guy was about to have an aneurism, the lens was extremely dirty on the camera, and that this video was a huge waste of time.
12/1/2012 2:08am
GuyB wrote:
All I learned from this was the two kids were super-annoying, Deputy Lenic has a cool head, the airport admin guy was about to have an...
All I learned from this was the two kids were super-annoying, Deputy Lenic has a cool head, the airport admin guy was about to have an aneurism, the lens was extremely dirty on the camera, and that this video was a huge waste of time.
I am very impressed with both sheriffs there. Especially with there familiarity with the law. I shouldn't be giving them props for simply doing their job but hey, it's nice to see a cop protect our rights for once instead of infringe on them.

I loved seeing the admin get so pissed.

That said, I agree, the kids were annoying, especially the dude with the camera.

We're they trying to say you could avoid the pat down also? I sure would love to be able to avoid the Sandusky treatment I get every time I fly.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/1/2012 2:14am
I am very impressed with both sheriffs there. Especially with there familiarity with the law. I shouldn't be giving them props for simply doing their job...
I am very impressed with both sheriffs there. Especially with there familiarity with the law. I shouldn't be giving them props for simply doing their job but hey, it's nice to see a cop protect our rights for once instead of infringe on them.

I loved seeing the admin get so pissed.

That said, I agree, the kids were annoying, especially the dude with the camera.

We're they trying to say you could avoid the pat down also? I sure would love to be able to avoid the Sandusky treatment I get every time I fly.
Who could tell? They were so busy flexing their right to be annoying, they completely missed the message of what they should have been trying to get across.
mmcmx
12/1/2012 5:17am
DirtRoadmx47
Fantasy
1728th
12/1/2012 7:50am
Seems to me the real motive is to have a confrontation with authority. Tough spot for the sheriff , job well done. My problem is I dont want to be on the plane when one of these misguided dilldocks decides to pull some stunt on a plane and he used his opt out rights to do so. Guess those two were too young to remember a couple of nuts that killed a ton of innocent people in the most terrifying awful circumstances. Go find something more productive to do than practicing to be a professional aggitator. Yeah you have the right inform the public of their rights but maybe you should look at the big picture. Oh boy what a nobel cause your pursuing. long story short.. FUCK YOU !!!
rpoint116
12/1/2012 8:40am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2012 3:58pm
Seems to me the real motive is to have a confrontation with authority. Tough spot for the sheriff , job well done. My problem is I...
Seems to me the real motive is to have a confrontation with authority. Tough spot for the sheriff , job well done. My problem is I dont want to be on the plane when one of these misguided dilldocks decides to pull some stunt on a plane and he used his opt out rights to do so. Guess those two were too young to remember a couple of nuts that killed a ton of innocent people in the most terrifying awful circumstances. Go find something more productive to do than practicing to be a professional aggitator. Yeah you have the right inform the public of their rights but maybe you should look at the big picture. Oh boy what a nobel cause your pursuing. long story short.. FUCK YOU !!!
I agree with everything except for the FU comment.

Some idiots are confused by "their rights" & free speech.

I am all for dissemination of imformation & education. How about partitiong the TSA to post a few posters on options for passengers.

Personally I would be annoyed having a video of me as a passenger in an airport.

The sheriff was very composed. The airport guy did o.k.. He was in a tough position. I don't know how everyone else would do/react having an impromptu camera stuck in your face & drilled by a self-serving, starbucks - amped up, wanna-be TMZ dude..
APLMAN99
12/1/2012 9:00am
If that were true, then they wouldn't have filmed going up the escalator, petting the puppy, etc.

They got the confrontation they were hoping for, and there shouldn't be any doubt they were hoping for it.

Post a reply to: TSA Sucks The Big Donkey.......

The Latest