TLD gear size compared to Fly or Fox?

mumbles
Fantasy
676th
7/3/2012 7:50am
I have some TLD GP gear and they tend to run a little bigger. the waist is about the same but the legs and knee area have great room for knee braces. I also have some FLY vented gear and it is too small through the knees for me. I also just bought some JT gear and I love it. The most room in the knee area and they are made very will.
BAMX
7/3/2012 7:53am
I don't know how it compares to fly of fox but it is the same as my regular clothes. I haven't run the new GP stuff but the old stuff was pretty good. My knee braces did eat through the knees. I went to the SE line and it is tough.
mumbles
Fantasy
676th
7/3/2012 7:59am
BAMX wrote:
I don't know how it compares to fly of fox but it is the same as my regular clothes. I haven't run the new GP stuff...
I don't know how it compares to fly of fox but it is the same as my regular clothes. I haven't run the new GP stuff but the old stuff was pretty good. My knee braces did eat through the knees. I went to the SE line and it is tough.
Your'e right. My knee braces wore through my TLD GP pants pretty quickly also. The JT gear is really thick through the knee. They also have a high back of the pants so your jersey stays tucked in.
Deetsmx
7/3/2012 8:11am
In my experience it runs a little big. I run 34 in Answer and had to go down to a 32 for Troy Lee because it was baggy when I ordered a 34 from them. The waist didn't seem as oversized as the rest of the pants, they are really big in the thigh and knee area.

The Shop

ktm212
7/3/2012 8:16am
The TLD stuff is great gear, but it runs true to size in the waist. I'm a 31 in jeans and a 34 in riding gear.. go figure. The TLD stuff im a 32 and could probably get away with a 30. If I were you I'd but the 2013 gear though because they changed the fit of the pants, the old cut had almost too much room in the knees and ass where the 2013 they tightened up the cut and it fits a little bit nicer and they added more leather to the knees to prevent knee braces from wearing through as quickly.
BAMX
7/3/2012 11:13am
BAMX wrote:
I don't know how it compares to fly of fox but it is the same as my regular clothes. I haven't run the new GP stuff...
mumbles wrote:
Your'e right. My knee braces wore through my TLD GP pants pretty quickly also. The JT gear is really thick through the knee. They also have...
Your'e right. My knee braces wore through my TLD GP pants pretty quickly also. The JT gear is really thick through the knee. They also have a high back of the pants so your jersey stays tucked in.
Troy was going through staging at Mammoth last year talking to everyone with his gear. He mentioned that they were going to make the knees better in the GP line. He said it was both a matter of price point and the fact that a lot of guys buy that line because it is a lot lighter than the SE stuff. I did notice that they seem to have gone away from the perforated leather that was giving me the wear problems. I was also impressed that Troy took the time to talk to normal riders about his gear.
nytsmaC
7/3/2012 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2012 4:39pm
I've been wearing TLD for the last couple of years, 3XL jerseys and 44 pants. I switched to Fly Kinetic for their air-mesh gear this year. Their 2XL jerseys are bigger than TLD's 3X and I could dropped to a size 40 pant, which IMHO fits comparable to the TLD 44.

Not sure how that translates for the smaller sizes, but in their fat guy sizes the Fly stuff definitely runs bigger.
fmfred
7/3/2012 6:00pm
I have 2012 fly mesh 34 pant and large jersey and 2012 TLD SE and GP 34pant L jersey -- the TLD pants and jerseys are both roomier than the fly stuff. The waist in the GP seems a little larger than the SE stuff. I don't wear knee braces and the fly pants feel a little too tight in the thigh and knee. The SE pants are awesome you can make the waist tight and still have room the the thigh/knee area.
djc
7/3/2012 7:06pm
I wear fly evolution Which fits totally different than the kinetic and I felt the Troy led pants were too long. I'm 5'8 and I felt over all the pants were to baggy.

I love the fly evolution. Most comfy pants and best fitting I have ever put on by far.
2/2/2016 3:38am
RITCH Tea wrote:
Hey, I'm ordering some TLD GP pants and shirt via the web and was just wondering how their sizing compares to either Fly or Fox? Any...
Hey,

I'm ordering some TLD GP pants and shirt via the web and was just wondering how their sizing compares to either Fly or Fox?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jon
Some problem here.... Wink

I want to switch form FOX gear to TLD. Actual i`m wearing FOX gear with the sizing XL in Jerseys and 34 in Pants.

Has the actual TLD gear line the same sizing as FOX ?!

Any help will be appreciated.
gpracer36
2/2/2016 6:44am
just note the new 2016 tld gear is smaller. I wear 34 in every brand and 32 in tld. This year, tld is running truer to size. Now a 32 is too tight. Time to change my diet!
mx317
2/2/2016 6:52am
TLD pants fit right, but jerseys run a little small IMO.
Crush
2/2/2016 3:07pm
I've got TLD and Shift.

Shift runs small. TLD runs true but is roomier cut if that makes sense... ie great for big legs and knee braces etc.
mx836
2/2/2016 3:17pm
TLD on point in every way, including sizing. Get what you run every day with your regular clothes.
2/10/2016 6:24am
Thanks for your infos, guys ! I`ve one question left with the pants. I´m a 5″9 thin guy and wearing Fox pant in size 34 with thor force knee guards. Do you think i should also order the troy lee pants in 34 or better in 32 ?!
Thanks for your help.
Turre
6/17/2016 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2016 10:25am
Hey!

I'm about to order some TLD riding gear from US. Since I live in Europe, I'd like to get them in right size on the first try. If anyone could throw some inputs how their gear fits them, that would be nice.

I myself am ~5'11 and 140, and wondering between L / 32 and M / 30 sized jersey-pant combo. 2016 gear.

Currently I wear Shift gear, 32 pants (which according to size chart are too big) and couldn't go any smaller when I was trying them out.

Post a reply to: TLD gear size compared to Fly or Fox?

The Latest