THIS.....is the reason why GP's are sucking!

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 7/25/2012 11:14am
It's not the riders!

It's not the tracks!

It's Luongo and the Moran's who run the show! I feel sorry for the riders and the teams! He is single handily destroying the GP scene and that series needs a big boost. Of what......new friggin' management! How can it be possible for any rider or team to make a decent living except for their own personal sponsors? And I thought our payouts were sad......theirs is pathetic! $1200.00 entry fee?? No purse? No start money? No travel money?

Source >>>> http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/RUSSIAN-GRAND-PRIX-EVEN-YOU…;

Just read this........

"What if you held a race and nobody came. And, when we are talking about the Russian GP, we don't mean spectators, because Russians normally come out in droves to see motocross races. Nope, we are talking about riders. Only 19 riders showed up to race the Russian 450 Grand Prix. And the racing was less than intense as Antonio Cairoli and Jeffrey Herlings did their thing out in front of both classes. No one is saying that the Grand Prix circuit shouldn't go to Russia, but Giuseppe Luongo's business plan for the FIM World Championship is ill-conceived. He has taken away the rider's purse money, the rider's start money and the rider's travel money. He increased the entry fee for a Grand Prix to $1200 an event and you don't need to be a math genius to see that if you are an aspiring GP rider, spending thousands of dollars to drive through Mother Russia with no hope of making any money...is a failed business plan on the rider's part. Luongo's business plan is anti-rider. "

Why the hell are you guys letting this dude ruin the series? So much talent over there and Luongo is treating all the riders and teams like slaves. No wonder why a lot of these guys want to come over here. They go broke racing that series!

P.S.........Please do not throw this in the dumbgeon! I think it's a great topic and would like to hear from the guys across the pond on what should be done to get that Luongo Douche' out of the head office!

Supposed to be 47,000 spectators.......and yet he still robs from the teams and riders. sad state of affairs!
|
jeffro503
7/23/2012 10:24pm
BTW....I know our top guys get paid better by their sponsors than what the purse money is.....but the dudes overseas have no other benefit besides the sponsors. 19 riders on the gate? That is all that showed up?
kongols
7/24/2012 12:17am
Luongo is the worst thing that happened to motocross.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/24/2012 12:19am
Yeah, seems like a bit of a scumbag. Hope the riders start boycotting races at some point
kongols
7/24/2012 12:23am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 12:24am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Yeah, seems like a bit of a scumbag. Hope the riders start boycotting races at some point
I think it`s about teams. Teams are happy cause they are guaranteed TV time. No matter how much your rider sucks or how much effort he gives, team is guaranteed a spot at the gate. It`s all about money and sponsors.

The Shop

rangot
7/24/2012 12:24am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 12:26am
kongols wrote:
Absolutely. He did good things as far as promotion and stuff, but they're not balanced by all the bad he did. Parking lot tracks, arrogance with the riders, no respect for the history of the sport... But the guy knows how to make money for himself. He's one smart business man, where you Americans have a real student and enthousiast of the sport at the head. That makes quite a difference. And it's too bad, because as a serie, GP has a lot of potential : differents tracks, differents soils, differents cultures... I love GP, as an ex-rider, an MX journalist and just a fan. But if i was a young aspiring rider today, i'd learn SX and go to the US ASAP. Sad, but true.
wow123
7/24/2012 12:45am
Haha wait till they get to Thailand next year, first race of the season, right at the start of the hot season, where it will be 35c + and 80% humidity! But before the race starts a few riders will get food poisoning and a few will run off with ladyboys (those euros love the lbs) and so half the field wont make it to the line and with the rest, many wont last moto 1 little own moto 2. Then after a few days in Pattaya some wont want to go back to Europe. Should have a gate of 5 by the second round......lol
cider racer
7/24/2012 1:27am
I think something that is very scary is the the freedom of speech and Youthstream. Even in some forums ( UK based ) posts have been removed due to pressure from YS and just look what happened to Mark Eastwood ( team manager of GB MXON ) a few years ago. For those of you that don't know about that he gave his views about the state of Gp's and YS, YS didn't like it and made the ACU ( AMA in the UK ) change manager!!

All the journalist who follow Gp's can't write what they really feel or that won't be allowed back in!!

I wish the riders would be more vocal.
Sunhouse
7/24/2012 1:35am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 1:35am
Wouldn`t it be cool if somebody made a World Cup series, were they would ride all over the world, including the US, with start money, prize money etc. I bet you that series would do better than the GP`s. Many GP riders would probably benefit from that and switch series. With enough exposure, maybe some Americans would go too
jo2910
7/24/2012 1:50am
Riders won't do anything because the only ones that have some sort of influence are the top guys like Cairoli and they are loving Luongo. I'm sure they don't agree with what he does but the top 10 guys have never made that much money. Cairoli doesn't give a damn about prize money, entry fee or travel money it's all paid by his team. By the way I believe the prize money in the US is very small as well.

Luongo just cares about his top 15. After that they are just fillers could be 20 russians, Thai, mexicans.... they are not going to be on TV and no one will speak about them. The whole model is around the teams not the riders. Teams pay an annual fee to field like two spots if you are rich enough you can buy your way in.
sam111
7/24/2012 1:52am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 3:09am
I have always been a pretty big fan of the MX GP's, but sadly I have to agree with you Jeffro.

Luonogo/Youthstream has done a lot to raise the profile of the series, but I get the impression he is feathering his own nest at the expense of the teams and riders, and the quality of the events is suffering as a result.
Robgvx
7/24/2012 3:18am
I think something that is very scary is the the freedom of speech and Youthstream. Even in some forums ( UK based ) posts have been...
I think something that is very scary is the the freedom of speech and Youthstream. Even in some forums ( UK based ) posts have been removed due to pressure from YS and just look what happened to Mark Eastwood ( team manager of GB MXON ) a few years ago. For those of you that don't know about that he gave his views about the state of Gp's and YS, YS didn't like it and made the ACU ( AMA in the UK ) change manager!!

All the journalist who follow Gp's can't write what they really feel or that won't be allowed back in!!

1) Top riders get salary. They'd rather have prize money as well but none of those guys will say anything for fear of losing their ride, either by being labelled as a trouble maker, or by Luongo just pulling their entry.

2) Second-tier riders won't say anything because they hope they'll pick up a paying ride next year and don't want to lose their ride/entry. There is always somebody else willing to take their ride for free.

3) 'Good' (but paying to be in a team) riders won't say anything because again, they hope to earn a paying (or free) ride next year.

4) No-hoper paying riders won't say anything because the screwed-up system is their ticket to a GP start.

5) Teams won't say anything because a) they're fearful of repercussions, and b) the lack of qualification allows for/encourages them to take on mobile sponsors in the shape of paying riders, which, for the smaller teams is their only way to make ends meet.

6) Journalists won't say anything because a) from a selfish point of view they're looked after quite well, and b) their pass would disappear faster than you could say "censorship". There is always another wannabee journo willing to take their place and work for next to nothing.

7) The FIM won't say anything because the top brass don't know how fucked up it is because their 'man' at GPs is, shall we say, 'friends', with the promoter.
cider racer
7/24/2012 3:45am
I think something that is very scary is the the freedom of speech and Youthstream. Even in some forums ( UK based ) posts have been...

Robgvx wrote:
1) Top riders get salary. They'd rather have prize money as well but none of those guys will say anything for fear of losing their ride...
1) Top riders get salary. They'd rather have prize money as well but none of those guys will say anything for fear of losing their ride, either by being labelled as a trouble maker, or by Luongo just pulling their entry.

2) Second-tier riders won't say anything because they hope they'll pick up a paying ride next year and don't want to lose their ride/entry. There is always somebody else willing to take their ride for free.

3) 'Good' (but paying to be in a team) riders won't say anything because again, they hope to earn a paying (or free) ride next year.

4) No-hoper paying riders won't say anything because the screwed-up system is their ticket to a GP start.

5) Teams won't say anything because a) they're fearful of repercussions, and b) the lack of qualification allows for/encourages them to take on mobile sponsors in the shape of paying riders, which, for the smaller teams is their only way to make ends meet.

6) Journalists won't say anything because a) from a selfish point of view they're looked after quite well, and b) their pass would disappear faster than you could say "censorship". There is always another wannabee journo willing to take their place and work for next to nothing.

7) The FIM won't say anything because the top brass don't know how fucked up it is because their 'man' at GPs is, shall we say, 'friends', with the promoter.
Yes all of those a good points, just as I was saying but in more detail. Good points.
bigmaico
7/24/2012 5:34am
It's no wonder that we are starting to see more of the Euro's coming to the U.S. to ride the Nationals.
motogrady
7/24/2012 5:43am
What you gonna do?

Didn't he buy the series, not once, but twice?

He owns it.

Only thing I see one could do is start another whole complete series,
like MXSPORTS is doing with GNCC, or AHRMA did when they got the boot from the AMA.

"World Championship MX", or WCM, brought to you by the guys sick of ' well, you know, what's his name.
Katoom72
7/24/2012 5:52am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 6:05am
jo2910 wrote:
Riders won't do anything because the only ones that have some sort of influence are the top guys like Cairoli and they are loving Luongo. I'm...
Riders won't do anything because the only ones that have some sort of influence are the top guys like Cairoli and they are loving Luongo. I'm sure they don't agree with what he does but the top 10 guys have never made that much money. Cairoli doesn't give a damn about prize money, entry fee or travel money it's all paid by his team. By the way I believe the prize money in the US is very small as well.

Luongo just cares about his top 15. After that they are just fillers could be 20 russians, Thai, mexicans.... they are not going to be on TV and no one will speak about them. The whole model is around the teams not the riders. Teams pay an annual fee to field like two spots if you are rich enough you can buy your way in.
"Riders won't do anything because the only ones that have some sort of influence are the top guys like Cairoli"

You mean, If the top guys go in against what the pope of YS says and does, then the top guys are out of a job.

i still see YS as the murderer of the glorious and epic Citadel of Namur.
jeffro503
7/24/2012 8:36am
sam111 wrote:
I have always been a pretty big fan of the MX GP's, but sadly I have to agree with you Jeffro. Luonogo/Youthstream has done a lot...
I have always been a pretty big fan of the MX GP's, but sadly I have to agree with you Jeffro.

Luonogo/Youthstream has done a lot to raise the profile of the series, but I get the impression he is feathering his own nest at the expense of the teams and riders, and the quality of the events is suffering as a result.
I have known / read about what Luongo has been doing to the series for the past few years , and something last night after I read that article I posted just hit a nerve.

Is it my imagination , or are things getting worse overt there?

What would really be cool , is if all the teams , top riders ( hell all the riders! ) had their own meeting of sorts , got all their ducks in a row........Formed a union!.....and stuck it to Luongo. His series would fail if he didn't give in to their demands. He would have no choice if all of them stuck together.

Sure the top riders are getting paid from the factories.....but the smaller teams and privateers? I'm a secret GP maniac and I simply love that series! They have a bunch of great riders , really cool teams and so forth........and they have a mad man running the show,

I will say this.....we are extremely lucky to have an enthusiast like Davey along with MxSports , Allisports and so forth running everything. We get all our media stuff pretty much for free.....while YT charges an arm and a leg to even be able to watch the races. Everything over there " costs"........it's selfish!

Where is the " Lets give back to the sport" type attitude.

IF the GP's could some how get a person to run the show like the way Davey does over here.......just think of the possibilities. Get the GP's back up on their feet and maybe have that person and Davey work together and combines some racing between the two series........THAT right there would be awesome!

Sorry for the rant.........just feel bad for you guys over there. I hope something changes before that A-hole burns the series to the ground.
Hanaa80
7/24/2012 8:38am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 8:38am
kongols wrote:
Exactly! Machiavelli, Mussolini and Berlusconi must be his idols.
rallendude
7/24/2012 8:49am
Welcome to how many years ago? He didn't just get bad for the sport today. It's been that way for a LONG time.
7/24/2012 9:41am
BTW, "moran" is actually spelled moron. If you're going to call someone out on their stupidity, make sure you do it properly.
TeamGreen
7/24/2012 9:47am
motogrady wrote:
What you gonna do? Didn't he buy the series, not once, but twice? He owns it. Only thing I see one could do is start another...
What you gonna do?

He owns it.

like MXSPORTS is doing with GNCC, or AHRMA did when they got the boot from the AMA.

"World Championship MX", or WCM, brought to you by the guys sick of ' well, you know, what's his name.
Bingo.
jonjon714
7/24/2012 9:48am
BTW, "moran" is actually spelled moron. If you're going to call someone out on their stupidity, make sure you do it properly.
Oh no....it's moran around here.

kongols
7/24/2012 9:50am
jeffro503
7/24/2012 9:55am
kongols wrote:
[img]https://www.smoothharold.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/facepalm.gif[/img]
Hehe.....he's been here a while.....but I think he's still kinda new. Smile
TeamGreen
7/24/2012 9:55am
jonjon714 wrote:
Oh no....it's moran around here. [img]http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg[/img]
Oh no....it's moran around here.

That poor Zonker guy...must be a French-Canuck?
7/24/2012 10:16am
Ok, 4 year old memes are still funny around here, I get it. You may proceed.
7/24/2012 1:37pm
Red bull is currently starting to make there own series , it started of as just the red bull uk nationals but now they r crossing the pond and hit Netherlands for the first time soon , i just hope that thy will take over the gp scene
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/24/2012 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 2:08pm
motogrady wrote:
What you gonna do? Didn't he buy the series, not once, but twice? He owns it. Only thing I see one could do is start another...
What you gonna do?

He owns it.

TeamGreen wrote:
Bingo.
The FIM claims rights to the "World Championship" title; it was an issue back in 02 when they ran the "world cup" at GH after the Comp Park MXdN imploded.

That said, it's defacto the case that neither the FIM nor the AMA really matter any more. MX and SX are being controlled and promoted by private commercial enterprises. There's nothing the FIM and AMA "do" that those parties can't do themselves. The critical thing is having the resources and confidence of the talent to make a racing presentation attractive.

I am not a fan of Luongo, although I'll concede he's better than Dorna was, but at what price to the best interests of the sport? Rob is on to something in his post, that hopefully will find all the puzzle pieces in place some day so the story can be told.

But, honestly, I don't think the sport is big enough to support a high end all-the-world-in-one-place arrangement. The a US-based and Euro-centric series that reaches out to other continents with the odd race or three a season may be the most feasible way to present the sport. That begs the question, however, of how each of those series should best be run to ensure that all the stakeholders thrive.
burnside
7/24/2012 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2012 3:31pm
WHO THE HELL SOLD THE RIGHTS TO YOUTHSTREAM FOR SO LONG?

How did the GPs end up in this position? Does anyone have any info or background on the deal? Journos? How could such a long term be considered healthy?

The greedy asshole sold the rights is just as much to blame as this chubby Mafia bloke.
7/24/2012 3:55pm
bigmaico wrote:
It's no wonder that we are starting to see more of the Euro's coming to the U.S. to ride the Nationals.
what do you mean more? they were coming here in handfuls since the early/mid 90's. WAYYYY before GL also. The list of GP champs that have left with the #1 GP plate to come here is mind boggling, as in almost every single one in the last 20 years almost.

The best living for a top 5~10 guy is here, the top weekly competition is here, ease of travel, ease of life do to consistent dinning lol.... just sayin.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/24/2012 4:20pm
Cairoli seems to be the only MX2 champ that hasn't gone across to the US

Post a reply to: THIS.....is the reason why GP's are sucking!

The Latest