THE underdog for 2017 SX? - Brayton

kiwifan
http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/justin-brayton-sleeper/#G7gWsVlm…

He is looking fast, comes off a AUS SX championship....I think he could win a race or two...

Thoughts anyone?
|
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/28/2016 4:27pm
I dunno about winning a race this year, maybe a possible podium threat at best. Was it 2012, his good year on Factory Honda where he was the only real challenge to Villopoto in most races?
Ranch Life
12/28/2016 4:35pm
davis224 wrote:
I dunno about winning a race this year, maybe a possible podium threat at best. Was it 2012, his good year on Factory Honda where he...
I dunno about winning a race this year, maybe a possible podium threat at best. Was it 2012, his good year on Factory Honda where he was the only real challenge to Villopoto in most races?
I like Brayton, but him, challenged, and Villopoto dont belong in the same sentence.
kkawboy14
12/28/2016 4:49pm
That's like picking Hillary for the win.....it seems like it will happen but..... Smile

The Shop

sostoked
12/28/2016 4:51pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's like picking Hillary for the win.....it seems like it will happen but..... Smile
Not sure I would agree with that comparison...
kkawboy14
12/28/2016 4:56pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
sostoked wrote:
Not sure I would agree with that comparison...
Your pretty smart, to pick up on that I was just messin around
TeamGreen
12/28/2016 5:21pm
20 Minutes plus a lap.
Then there's this...

Dungey
Musquin
Canard

Milsaps
Bagget

Anderson
Pourcel

Roczen
Seely

Tomac
Grant

Bogle
Tickle

Barcia
Peick

Reed
Webb

Hahn

Alessi
Friese
b_kowalsk
12/28/2016 6:25pm
He didn't have anything for Musquin and Reed during the off-season races, so I'm gonna have to disagree just like everyone else.
Crush
12/28/2016 6:57pm
You know what happens when you're just outside the top 5 all year and you win the offseason races without them there?

Nothing.
mxbrady551
12/28/2016 6:59pm
I wouldn't say he had nothing. He almost won a couple of those overseas races and was the fastest qualifier at AUS-X Open wasn't he? I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got a podium. Also, he wasn't far off Marvin's pace at all over there and he had a win in the bag last year so you never know.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
12/28/2016 7:01pm
My prediction, Marvin eats him for breakfast...and some other riders do as well.
oshow
12/28/2016 7:13pm
kiwifan wrote:
http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/justin-brayton-sleeper/#G7gWsVlmoCb80lzo.97 He is looking fast, comes off a AUS SX championship....I think he could win a race or two... Thoughts anyone?
http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/justin-brayton-sleeper/#G7gWsVlm…

He is looking fast, comes off a AUS SX championship....I think he could win a race or two...

Thoughts anyone?
Anything can happen. But I would bet against it.
mxbrady551
12/28/2016 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2016 7:19pm

Wow, sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed.
jonesaustin
12/28/2016 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2016 7:40pm
maybe not the underdog, but the darkhorse is Cole Seely. I think Webb is the one to watch but every time I see a video of Seely quietly dialing things in, off the radar to some degree, I wonder if we're in for a real surprise.
davistld01
12/28/2016 7:53pm
seth505 wrote:
My prediction, Marvin eats him for breakfast...and some other riders do as well.
My prediction...Marvin eats Brayton and bunch of faster guys than Brayton for breakfast.
12/28/2016 8:25pm
maybe not the underdog, but the darkhorse is Cole Seely. I think Webb is the one to watch but every time I see a video of...
maybe not the underdog, but the darkhorse is Cole Seely. I think Webb is the one to watch but every time I see a video of Seely quietly dialing things in, off the radar to some degree, I wonder if we're in for a real surprise.
This
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/28/2016 8:59pm
maybe not the underdog, but the darkhorse is Cole Seely. I think Webb is the one to watch but every time I see a video of...
Cole will be at his best this year. Will it be enough to run Roczen and Dungey ? I hope so....
kiwifan
12/28/2016 9:03pm
langhammx wrote:
Cole will be at his best this year. Will it be enough to run Roczen and Dungey ? I hope so....
yeah I agree with you and jonesaustin about Seely, I still think Brayton may surprise in a few rounds, not at all saying he will take the title or will dominate.

The Aus open SX he got taken out by Reed, sure at Geneva he was a bit behind MM but then again he didnt have the bike he normally has...so yeah should be interesting.
tprice07
12/29/2016 7:17am
langhammx wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
yeah I agree with you and jonesaustin about Seely, I still think Brayton may surprise in a few rounds, not at all saying he will take...
yeah I agree with you and jonesaustin about Seely, I still think Brayton may surprise in a few rounds, not at all saying he will take the title or will dominate.

The Aus open SX he got taken out by Reed, sure at Geneva he was a bit behind MM but then again he didnt have the bike he normally has...so yeah should be interesting.
Couple things to think about here.

In Australia Brayton was on a 2016.
He was winning the Open until Reed took him out.

In Geneva Brayton was battling with Musquin, who was on a full factory bike.
After getting passed, Musquin cross jumped hardcore on Brayton (typical Musquin shit)

That said, Brayton needs to ride more on the offense. Instead of waiting for people to take him out or take his line...he needs to pull from his AX days. You can't leave room for excuses.

He is on a 17 now. He is comfortable on Honda. He is a bit up on gate drops than the competition right now. I think he can podium. I want to see him win a race but I think Roczen/Dungey will have that locked up.

As for Musquin this season. He might win a race. But he gets sketchy out front. The race where James got into his way he was damn near crashing in every section.
tprice07
12/29/2016 7:20am
Also, I would put Wilson and Malcolm as the true underdogs this year.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
12/29/2016 7:35am
Hears the deal, the guy is 32-33 years old, he isn't going to get any faster at that age no matter what changes he makes. He been a 6-11 place guy with the occasional top 3 or 5 when needed for years and now hes going to suddenly win? Nope

He's a decent rider when hes needed to be and been on factory equipment without wins so I dont see how he wins on lesser equipment at an older age.
Ranch Life
12/29/2016 7:25pm
BroFoSho wrote:
He challenged RV the entire race and showed him a wheel on the last lap for the lead in Phoenix 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPoaSZIgXNY
Sorry bud, we watched two different races. Brayton rode like a stud but he took the lead right after the second corner and RV was 9th on the second lap and rode through the pack and passed Brayton just over halfway in. Then he opened up a gap and maintained it until basically the last lap. Don't want to dog on Brayton but he's lucky Dungey didn't get by him.
Adam43
12/29/2016 9:39pm
He's capable of a Top 5 with a good start...the same as 10 others. How often that happens remains to be seen.
Crush
12/29/2016 11:04pm
tprice07 wrote:
Couple things to think about here. In Australia Brayton was on a 2016. He was winning the Open until Reed took him out. In Geneva Brayton...
Couple things to think about here.

In Australia Brayton was on a 2016.
He was winning the Open until Reed took him out.

In Geneva Brayton was battling with Musquin, who was on a full factory bike.
After getting passed, Musquin cross jumped hardcore on Brayton (typical Musquin shit)

That said, Brayton needs to ride more on the offense. Instead of waiting for people to take him out or take his line...he needs to pull from his AX days. You can't leave room for excuses.

He is on a 17 now. He is comfortable on Honda. He is a bit up on gate drops than the competition right now. I think he can podium. I want to see him win a race but I think Roczen/Dungey will have that locked up.

As for Musquin this season. He might win a race. But he gets sketchy out front. The race where James got into his way he was damn near crashing in every section.
"...He was winning the Open until Reed took him out..."

Not sure I'd brag about the holeshot into the first corner of the very last race on day 2 when Reed had beat him every other time out.

And although I didn't watch Musquinn's cross at Bercy, i'd not be the least surprised like a lot of them that it's been blown out of proportion. Most of his "cross jumps" on Cooper last year he was actually on the ground and completely fine.

Post a reply to: THE underdog for 2017 SX? - Brayton

The Latest