THE most important Press Release you will EVER read!

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:22pm
I am still in shock from having to post it Dizzy

Pit Lounge to serve original “Parmigiano-Reggiano” cheese throughout 2010

FUNCHAL (PORTUGAL), 27 April 2010 – Following an agreement between Youthstream and the “Consortium of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese”, an authority controlling and marking the worldwide famous Italian cheese Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan), the Pit Lounge Restaurant will benefit from a supply of Parmigiano-Reggiano at all Grand Prix’s of the 2010 FIM Motocross World Championship.

Established in 1934, the Consortium gathers all the producers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - dairies that receive the milk from dedicated farmers of the area of origin (provinces of Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Mantua on the right bank of the river Po and Bologna on the left side of the river Reno).

The purposes of the Consortium are:
-safeguarding and protecting the production and sale of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and its designation, by carrying out a careful surveillance of the production, sales, use of the designation and marks;
-promoting and advertising the awareness of the product with the aim of fostering its consumption, favouring its sales and export;
-safeguarding product typicality and features;
-implementing initiatives for the qualitative perfecting and improvement in view of a continuous technical support to the Consortium members;
-distinguishing and guaranteeing the product by applying marks and stamps;

Parmigiano-Reggiano is one of the oldest and richest cheeses known in the world. It is still produced as it was nine centuries ago: same ingredients, same processing technique and same artisan care. It is a totally natural cheese.

Source
|
JB 19
4/27/2010 10:19pm
I want my 30 seconds back.............

The Shop

WORCSRacer
4/27/2010 11:18pm
ocscottie wrote:
I am still in shock from having to post it :S [b]Pit Lounge to serve original “Parmigiano-Reggiano” cheese throughout 2010[/b] [b]FUNCHAL (PORTUGAL)[/b], 27 April 2010 –...

FUNCHAL (PORTUGAL), 27 April 2010 – Following an agreement between Youthstream and the “Consortium of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese”, an authority controlling and marking the worldwide famous Italian cheese Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan), the Pit Lounge Restaurant will benefit from a supply of Parmigiano-Reggiano at all Grand Prix’s of the 2010 FIM Motocross World Championship.

Established in 1934, the Consortium gathers all the producers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - dairies that receive the milk from dedicated farmers of the area of origin (provinces of Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Mantua on the right bank of the river Po and Bologna on the left side of the river Reno).

-safeguarding and protecting the production and sale of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and its designation, by carrying out a careful surveillance of the production, sales, use of the designation and marks;
-promoting and advertising the awareness of the product with the aim of fostering its consumption, favouring its sales and export;
-implementing initiatives for the qualitative perfecting and improvement in view of a continuous technical support to the Consortium members;

Parmigiano-Reggiano is one of the oldest and richest cheeses known in the world. It is still produced as it was nine centuries ago: same ingredients, same processing technique and same artisan care. It is a totally natural cheese.

Source
I realize it is funny to think that a Cheese trade group sponsors MX but when you really think about it, its awesome. That is truly cross over money. Other examples: Teka Suzuki. Teka manufacturers bathroom and kitchen fixtures. The equivalent would be if Kohler was sponsoring a MX Team. We can only hope to someday attract that type of thing for American MX.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
4/28/2010 12:12am
Cheese. Really? And Europeans give Americans shit for wanting cheese on everything.
Lightning78
4/28/2010 12:45am
ocscottie wrote:
I am still in shock from having to post it :S [b]Pit Lounge to serve original “Parmigiano-Reggiano” cheese throughout 2010[/b] [b]FUNCHAL (PORTUGAL)[/b], 27 April 2010 –...

Source
Just like the dude that posted about Nike becoming a part of our sport ....the last thing we need is ANOTHER outside sponsor for this sport....(insert sarcasm here)
rangot
4/28/2010 12:46am
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/LoodaChris3/SYSCO%20food%20show/DSC05073.jpg[/IMG]
That's Roquefort : French cheese. Parmesan : Italian cheese. Be careful on a such important subject for French people.
4/28/2010 1:16am
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/LoodaChris3/SYSCO%20food%20show/DSC05073.jpg[/IMG]
rangot wrote:
That's Roquefort : French cheese. Parmesan : Italian cheese. Be careful on a such important subject for French people.
This is the same 'chit , right?

Mxxer
4/28/2010 1:42am
So, Luongo doesn't pay the riders, but hey, he's got free cheese!

Jeez.
robkinuk
4/28/2010 2:50am

This is the parmigiano Reggiano factory, with $millions of dollars worth of cheese maturing.
rangot
4/28/2010 3:04am
rangot wrote:
This is the same 'chit , right? [IMG]http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/KairoScelus/MoldyCheese.jpg[/IMG]
This is the same 'chit , right?

No way! I love both, but Roquefort is much stronger. Parmesan is pretty much salt for the Italians, they put it on top of every dish.
rangot
4/28/2010 3:05am
robkinuk wrote:
[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/robkinuk/794px-Parmigiano_reggiano_factory.jpg[/IMG] This is the parmigiano Reggiano factory, with $millions of dollars worth of cheese maturing.

This is the parmigiano Reggiano factory, with $millions of dollars worth of cheese maturing.
Huuuummmm. Love it!!!!
flarider
4/28/2010 4:53am
If you are a Maître du Fromage (excuse my weak French), you would know that Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese isn't your Kraft shaker parmesan cheese. It's the finest of that type in the world.
This is the high end elite of the hard cheeses.
See that room of cheese wheels posted up above? Those wheels are insured for thousands of dollars each and that one room (and there are many) holds millions of dollars in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
rangot
4/28/2010 5:06am
Sorry, i have to admit i didn't understand everything in your post above. I sure ain't a Maitre es-fromage, but i still enjoy pretty much all of them. And you may know that in France, there are roughly 365 kind of cheese. One per day. And Normandy, where i am from, is the country of Camenbert, Pont l'Eveque, Livarot and so on. I love being there! Well, except for that Sarkozy guy...
DownSouth
4/28/2010 9:03am
Our AMA cheese is better than your Youthstream cheese. Grinning
Outsider
4/28/2010 9:09am
I nominate this the #1 cheesiest thread in Vital history!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/28/2010 9:27am
flarider wrote:
If you are a Maître du Fromage (excuse my weak French), you would know that Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese isn't your Kraft shaker parmesan cheese. It's the finest...
If you are a Maître du Fromage (excuse my weak French), you would know that Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese isn't your Kraft shaker parmesan cheese. It's the finest of that type in the world.
See that room of cheese wheels posted up above? Those wheels are insured for thousands of dollars each and that one room (and there are many) holds millions of dollars in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
I nominate this as the archetypal EID post. Tongue
mx.jah
4/28/2010 9:30am
rangot wrote:
Sorry, i have to admit i didn't understand everything in your post above. I sure ain't a Maitre es-fromage, but i still enjoy pretty much all...
Sorry, i have to admit i didn't understand everything in your post above. I sure ain't a Maitre es-fromage, but i still enjoy pretty much all of them. And you may know that in France, there are roughly 365 kind of cheese. One per day. And Normandy, where i am from, is the country of Camenbert, Pont l'Eveque, Livarot and so on. I love being there! Well, except for that Sarkozy guy...
Well said screw that fucker
flarider
4/28/2010 9:34am
flarider wrote:
If you are a Maître du Fromage (excuse my weak French), you would know that Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese isn't your Kraft shaker parmesan cheese. It's the finest...
There is a reason I am so fat
I love food
stillwelding
4/28/2010 9:47am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2010 9:53am
ocscottie wrote:

Source
WORCSRacer wrote:
I realize it is funny to think that a Cheese trade group sponsors MX but when you really think about it, its awesome. That is truly...
I realize it is funny to think that a Cheese trade group sponsors MX but when you really think about it, its awesome. That is truly cross over money. Other examples: Teka Suzuki. Teka manufacturers bathroom and kitchen fixtures. The equivalent would be if Kohler was sponsoring a MX Team. We can only hope to someday attract that type of thing for American MX.
I think OC's tongue in cheek comments are funny and I'll agree with WORCSRacer. We could only hope for Outside industry involvement like this.
What sane company would really want to get involved with guys that watch motorized bicycles ride around on a dirt road while the spectators have to sit on the ground and defecate in a plastic cubicle (on top of the previous persons excrement too)? Oh! That's just at US Nationals, most GP tracks have permanent facilities.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/28/2010 9:56am
flarider wrote:
flarider wrote:
There is a reason I am so fat
I love food
A fat FE
Mutt
4/28/2010 10:34am
What a cheesy press release!

Post a reply to: THE most important Press Release you will EVER read!

The Latest