T. Hahn vs. Matthes

mx836
5/27/2015 10:19am
TripleFive wrote:
I've heard TH can be difficult to work with.
I personally have no issue with Tommy Hahn whatsoever, but I do recall DV saying Tommy didn't want to listen to him when he was managing Moto Concepts. DV put his time into Chisholm instead who showed quite a bit of improvement.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/27/2015 11:39am
hammertime wrote:
i here from a good source that tommy takes issue with matthes saying "riiiiiight, riiiiight, riiiiight" every few minutes.
Cool

Hope you're having a good time, Rick.
5/27/2015 11:40am
Many pro mx'ers seem to be incredibly thin-skinned and think it's the job of media to be cheerleader. It's news and analysis, not PR.
Hanaa80
5/27/2015 12:02pm
ts.p311 wrote:
Anybody know why they dislike each other so much?
I think it goes back to last year's Matthes / Chris Blose / Mike Mason Twitter debacle. I remember Hahn throwing Matthes under the bus bad on his tweets.

The Shop

Scrubadub
5/27/2015 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 1:56pm
Tommy can be a little high strung at times that's all. I could just see the writing on the wall with that Motoconcepts deal. If he would have signed with any other team I believe he would have had a much better career. The dude was on the edge of becoming one of the elite riders in the sport when he was on the rockstar zook. I remember watching him come through the pack at 09 or 10 Seattle SX. He and Windham lapped up to 5th if i remeber correctly and he was reeling Kevin in at the end. Impressive ride to say the least.
Tom is a good dude and will be in the industry long after Matthes has gone onto other things.
As for Steve, well.. as Josh Hansen once said.. "The guy is just a d0&%#e bag"LOL
peelout
5/27/2015 1:32pm
davistld01 wrote:
Here's the RacerX Matthes GH report. Notice there are no comments about Tommy Hahn...

http://racerxonline.com/2015/05/27/btosportscom-observations-glen-helen
to be honest i've always been somewhat of a fan of Tommy Hahn... i didn't know he was even racing Glen Helen, from pre-race stuff all the way to the races and race results.

so him leaving TH out of the observations is not entirely surprising
hvaughn88
5/27/2015 1:46pm
Scrubadub wrote:
Tommy can be a little high strung at times that's all. I could just see the writing on the wall with that Motoconcepts deal. If he...
Tommy can be a little high strung at times that's all. I could just see the writing on the wall with that Motoconcepts deal. If he would have signed with any other team I believe he would have had a much better career. The dude was on the edge of becoming one of the elite riders in the sport when he was on the rockstar zook. I remember watching him come through the pack at 09 or 10 Seattle SX. He and Windham lapped up to 5th if i remeber correctly and he was reeling Kevin in at the end. Impressive ride to say the least.
Tom is a good dude and will be in the industry long after Matthes has gone onto other things.
As for Steve, well.. as Josh Hansen once said.. "The guy is just a d0&%#e bag"LOL
What's "douche-y" about him?
DavidR
5/27/2015 1:51pm
davistld01 wrote:
Here's the RacerX Matthes GH report. Notice there are no comments about Tommy Hahn...

peelout wrote:
to be honest i've always been somewhat of a fan of Tommy Hahn... i didn't know he was even racing Glen Helen, from pre-race stuff all...
to be honest i've always been somewhat of a fan of Tommy Hahn... i didn't know he was even racing Glen Helen, from pre-race stuff all the way to the races and race results.

Matthes never comments on Tommy Hahn's rides in his Observations column. Go back and check out other Observations and you'll just see place, number, name, location and bike, nothing more. Guess he's over whatever happened between those two and has decided to just leave it to T. Hahn's results so as not to offend.
mxer512
5/27/2015 1:52pm
Even if u look back to sx he always has left observations out about him. Def has to be a lil tension there. Even when Tommy landed a top five . Just a name and his Moto finishes. I guess no press is better than bad press?
Scrubadub
5/27/2015 1:53pm
Scrubadub wrote:
Tommy can be a little high strung at times that's all. I could just see the writing on the wall with that Motoconcepts deal. If he...
hvaughn88 wrote:
It's a bit of an inside joke. You ever listen to the intro on the Pulpmx show?
hvaughn88
5/27/2015 1:59pm
Scrubadub wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Scrubadub wrote:
Listened since the very first Ice Cold Red Bull was cracked open, so i definitely get the reference. I just wasn't sure if you really thought he was a douche or not.
Mutt
5/27/2015 2:10pm
hammertime wrote:
i here from a good source that tommy takes issue with matthes saying "riiiiiight, riiiiight, riiiiight" every few minutes.
Hear.
davistld01
5/27/2015 2:21pm
davistld01 wrote:

peelout wrote:
to be honest i've always been somewhat of a fan of Tommy Hahn... i didn't know he was even racing Glen Helen, from pre-race stuff all...

I guess it's not a snub. Guess he's not afraid of offending anybody else, right?
Scrubadub
5/27/2015 2:23pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Scrubadub wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Listened since the very first Ice Cold Red Bull was cracked open, so i definitely get the reference. I just wasn't sure if you really thought...
Listened since the very first Ice Cold Red Bull was cracked open, so i definitely get the reference. I just wasn't sure if you really thought he was a douche or not.
Nice.. I didn't start till halfway through Kennys reign of terror.
Steve is a good dude and no more douche-y than any of us jerkies on this board.lol Great radio bro!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
5/27/2015 2:30pm
Tommy and Matthes got into over a comment Matthes out (i believe it was well before the Goerke cant win incident) , and i believe Matthes said that if that's the way you feel, i wont write about you anymore, and Tommy agreed,

MX riders in general are pretty bad at taking criticism, Matthes has fan's because he gives an opinion, like writers do in any other sports, he puts out a ton of content, riders dont like his opinion at times and thats fine, but if its true RC went to try to get him fired due to those comments, , then i have lost a heap of respect for him,
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/27/2015 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 2:37pm
Breaking news: sometimes two people don't get along. In the end, it's their loss if they care enough about it to continue grinding.

I would definitely be glad if RC and Matthes put their differences aside and sat down professionally to do a two parter on his career. I get that RC doesn't like Steve and probably doesn't want to validate what Steve is doing or lend him credibility by participating ( that's got to be the reason, right?). But the horse is out of the barn on that one. Like him or not, Matthes has almost single handedly built the oral history of our sport with his rider interview podcasts. That's an incredible asset to the sport and to the fans, free, and the fact that there are extensive interviews with RJ, Bailey, Hannah, McGrath but nothing from RC really seems like an example of cutting ones nose off to spite the face. But, hey, maybe Steve called RCs mom something in the Salt Lake tussle? Who knows. Adults get to make their choices.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
5/27/2015 2:45pm
Breaking news: sometimes two people don't get along. In the end, it's their loss if they care enough about it to continue grinding. I would definitely...
Breaking news: sometimes two people don't get along. In the end, it's their loss if they care enough about it to continue grinding.

I would definitely be glad if RC and Matthes put their differences aside and sat down professionally to do a two parter on his career. I get that RC doesn't like Steve and probably doesn't want to validate what Steve is doing or lend him credibility by participating ( that's got to be the reason, right?). But the horse is out of the barn on that one. Like him or not, Matthes has almost single handedly built the oral history of our sport with his rider interview podcasts. That's an incredible asset to the sport and to the fans, free, and the fact that there are extensive interviews with RJ, Bailey, Hannah, McGrath but nothing from RC really seems like an example of cutting ones nose off to spite the face. But, hey, maybe Steve called RCs mom something in the Salt Lake tussle? Who knows. Adults get to make their choices.
X 2, I know Townley did not like Matthes for a long time, but built a ridge and did a podcast with him, and ended up enjoying it, and becoming a fan of the Pulp show,
joltonjay
5/27/2015 2:47pm
davistld01 wrote:

peelout wrote:

DavidR wrote:
Matthes never comments on Tommy Hahn's rides in his Observations column. Go back and check out other Observations and you'll just see place, number, name, location...
Matthes never comments on Tommy Hahn's rides in his Observations column. Go back and check out other Observations and you'll just see place, number, name, location and bike, nothing more. Guess he's over whatever happened between those two and has decided to just leave it to T. Hahn's results so as not to offend.
I asked him why he doesn't ever say anything about Tommy via Twitter a few months ago. He replied "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all is the way I work with that." I then said this "But you're only writing about what you "observed" at the race, not how you feel personally about a rider. #dontblockme" His reply was "I don't ever observe anything about him. It's like he's not even there! You would feel same way if I told u everything." So you can see that whatever was said it was pretty bad. I respect Matthes for that and all he does for the sport.
MtnBoy
5/27/2015 2:52pm
Scrubadub wrote:
Tommy has already "retired" once and I can't imagine he's making much money right now...my guess Tommy Hahn is gone again next year or the year after and hopefully Matthes is still pumping out the content for us!
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
5/27/2015 3:07pm
ts.p311 why you gotta rise such a bitch topic? sounds like E! Channel ladies.
5/27/2015 3:09pm
The other alternative for dealing with people who aren't liked includes horse steroids, bath salts and Weston Pieck. Put all the guys you don't like in the room with a jacked up, homicidal Pieck and whoever makes it out alive will be considered alright. LaughingSilly
5/27/2015 3:11pm
Thinking way too much about these guys what they are Really like is a waste of time they put their pants on one leg at at time just like me or you. Their not curing cancer the have good days and bad. I have worked with a few that the public would have though where dicks but were great guys and others that had huge fan bases that were wife beating knobs.... hats off to Matthes for being a reporter he has changed the way the press works in the MX world.
mx836
5/27/2015 3:44pm
Scrubadub wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
Tommy has already "retired" once and I can't imagine he's making much money right now...my guess Tommy Hahn is gone again next year or the year...
Tommy has already "retired" once and I can't imagine he's making much money right now...my guess Tommy Hahn is gone again next year or the year after and hopefully Matthes is still pumping out the content for us!
Yup. Tommy is awesome and all, but Matthes will be around much longer than Tommy unless he chooses to do otherwise. What is T. Hahn going to do when he no longer has a ride?
Rick M.
5/27/2015 3:55pm
mx836 wrote:
Yup. Tommy is awesome and all, but Matthes will be around much longer than Tommy unless he chooses to do otherwise. What is T. Hahn going...
Yup. Tommy is awesome and all, but Matthes will be around much longer than Tommy unless he chooses to do otherwise. What is T. Hahn going to do when he no longer has a ride?
Bitch and moan about how he can't get a ride. And NOT ride. He's one of those guys who thinks he's entitled to be given shit in the industry. When actually he deserves shit. We need more BQ365's in the sport and less T. Hahns.
mx836
5/27/2015 3:58pm
Rick M. wrote:
Bitch and moan about how he can't get a ride. And NOT ride. He's one of those guys who thinks he's entitled to be given shit...
Bitch and moan about how he can't get a ride. And NOT ride. He's one of those guys who thinks he's entitled to be given shit in the industry. When actually he deserves shit. We need more BQ365's in the sport and less T. Hahns.
I actually like T. Hahn although I agree that he did seem pretty vocal when he couldn't find a ride. BQ365 doesn't even race. He does nothing for me really. Good style and big whips, but that's everywhere these days.
5/27/2015 4:21pm
scott_nz wrote:
Tommy and Matthes got into over a comment Matthes out (i believe it was well before the Goerke cant win incident) , and i believe Matthes...
Tommy and Matthes got into over a comment Matthes out (i believe it was well before the Goerke cant win incident) , and i believe Matthes said that if that's the way you feel, i wont write about you anymore, and Tommy agreed,

MX riders in general are pretty bad at taking criticism, Matthes has fan's because he gives an opinion, like writers do in any other sports, he puts out a ton of content, riders dont like his opinion at times and thats fine, but if its true RC went to try to get him fired due to those comments, , then i have lost a heap of respect for him,
It was definitely before the Blose incident: T. Hahn just had to chime in, of course. Matthes touched on this a few months ago here on Vital and said it was before the "T. Hahn to Factory Honda" incident. In that episode, Matthes reported that T. Hahn was going to Factory Honda and T. Hahn said he was an idiot and was starting rumors. Then T. Hahn got the call from Factory Honda. And it was before Tommy beat on Matthes about the "Wil can't win summer" a few years back, where Wil and his gear guys got butt hurt about it (before Wil didn't win that summer). These incidents were much further back from the "Blose can't win"-gate. (Before Blose didn't win.)

Regarding the loss of Mason, I agree with the earlier poster: good riddance, and thanks for Keefer!
Rick M.
5/27/2015 4:22pm
Rick M. wrote:
Bitch and moan about how he can't get a ride. And NOT ride. He's one of those guys who thinks he's entitled to be given shit...
mx836 wrote:
I actually like T. Hahn although I agree that he did seem pretty vocal when he couldn't find a ride. BQ365 doesn't even race. He does...
I actually like T. Hahn although I agree that he did seem pretty vocal when he couldn't find a ride. BQ365 doesn't even race. He does nothing for me really. Good style and big whips, but that's everywhere these days.
Wasn't really comparing their racing but more their attitude. BQ loves to ride a motorcycle and will do anything to make that happen. Hahn seems think to he's entitled to be paid to ride a motorcycle. If isn't giving a dirt bike. He seems to just bitch and moan, and you definitely won't see him riding.

Post a reply to: T. Hahn vs. Matthes

The Latest