Sx and MX results archive?

andymoto
12/30/2009 8:21pm
I've tried many a time, but haven't had a whole lot of luck either.

Before the AMA sale, you use to be able to find a tidbit here/there.

P
12/30/2009 8:41pm
www.mxsports.com goes back to 2004, but other than that the only place that I could think of think of might be the Cycle News site.

Good luck and let us know if you find anything.

P
jeffro503
12/30/2009 8:45pm
Thanks guys. man , you would think that the AMA would keep records like that , online anyways. They probably do at the corporate offices , but they would probably charge an arm and a leg to get them.

The Shop

Uncleof2
12/30/2009 9:01pm
If you go on www.amasupercross.com and load up the media guide it will give you a lot
of information on past winners at each supercross back to the eighties.
jeffro503
12/30/2009 9:28pm
Uncle.....on the AMA site , where is the "media" located at? I haven't been able to find that.
jeffro503
12/30/2009 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:42pm
Well....i did find this little gem >>>> http://www.motorsport.com/news/series.asp?S=AMA-M&Y=2001

It goes back to the start of the 2001 series. I can't believe how hard it is to find results of an event that had any where from 20,000 - 40,000 people at it........But you can find out who won a God Damn "bad mitten" event on ESPN in the mid-80's!!
CamP
12/30/2009 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2009 9:51pm
As a bit of a motocross history buff, this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. If the sanctioning bodies and promoters don't document the basic history of the sport, such as full race results, what they are producing is nothing more than a traveling carnival and that trivializes the sport.
jeffro503
12/30/2009 9:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Uncle.....on the AMA site , where is the "media" located at? I haven't been able to find that.
Sabrina197 wrote:
Here is the link to the media guide: [url=http://www.amasupercross.com/MediaGuide/SX_print_no_Cover12_19.pdf]http://www.amasupercross.com/MediaGuide/SX_print_no_Cover12_19.pdf[/url] You can also find it by going to [url=http://www.amasupercross.com/]amasupercross.com[/url] and clicking on "media guide" on the top...
Here is the link to the media guide: http://www.amasupercross.com/MediaGuide/SX_print_no_Cover12_19.pdf

You can also find it by going to amasupercross.com and clicking on "media guide" on the top right corner.
WOW!!! Thank you! I didn't even know this existed any where. Since this list is for SX and goes back to the mid-80's sometime........Is there anywhere possible that may have the MX Nationals as well? Maybe i'll write the AMA and see if they have something like this etup for the nationals as well.

I don't know why , but i got this weird feeling tonight , to go on a mission looking for these results.
Sabrina197
12/30/2009 9:54pm
CamP wrote:
As a bit of a motocross history buff, this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. If the sanctioning bodies and promoters...
As a bit of a motocross history buff, this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. If the sanctioning bodies and promoters don't document the basic history of the sport, such as full race results, what they are producing is nothing more than a traveling carnival and that trivializes the sport.
I'm guessing they have all of the results archived somewhere, but finding it online seems to be impossible. It's really annoying!
jeffro503
12/30/2009 9:56pm
CamP wrote:
As a bit of a motocross history buff, this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. If the sanctioning bodies and promoters...
I could not agree more with that Camp!! I'm actually really surprised this info is not easier to find. IF it is out there , it needs to be more readily available. This sport is way big enough to have something like that.

Shit.....now that i think about it. I was looking up results for the American BMX association like last year , and i found results going all the way back to when they started!
Sabrina197
12/30/2009 9:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
WOW!!! Thank you! I didn't even know this existed any where. Since this list is for SX and goes back to the mid-80's sometime........Is there anywhere...
WOW!!! Thank you! I didn't even know this existed any where. Since this list is for SX and goes back to the mid-80's sometime........Is there anywhere possible that may have the MX Nationals as well? Maybe i'll write the AMA and see if they have something like this etup for the nationals as well.

I don't know why , but i got this weird feeling tonight , to go on a mission looking for these results.
No problem, I stumbled upon it earlier this year when I was poking around online. I'm a pr major, so when I get bored I look at media stuff. Being a nerd pays off sometimes!

Post a reply to: Sx and MX results archive?

The Latest