Suzuki 250 team for 2015...Guy B, anyone?

Indy mxer
8/26/2014 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2014 6:38pm
Guy B, any rumors out there about a Suzuki 250 team for 15? RCH, Yosh? Anyone else hear anything about it?
I would love to see them back out there.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
8/27/2014 7:07am
I had a chat with Carey Hart and RC about it earlier this summer (there's a slide show in the photo section) and it had been discissed, but it didn't sound like it was happening at the time.

I think there are two hurdles for it to happen. A financial hurdle, and an equipment/support hurdle. Racing against Pro Curcuit or Factory Connection or KTM or Husky next year, you'd want to be set up for success, not failure.
mxrose3
Fantasy
789th
8/27/2014 8:37am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2014 8:38am
GuyB wrote:
I had a chat with Carey Hart and RC about it earlier this summer (there's a slide show in the photo section) and it had been...
I had a chat with Carey Hart and RC about it earlier this summer (there's a slide show in the photo section) and it had been discissed, but it didn't sound like it was happening at the time.

I think there are two hurdles for it to happen. A financial hurdle, and an equipment/support hurdle. Racing against Pro Curcuit or Factory Connection or KTM or Husky next year, you'd want to be set up for success, not failure.
Lets not forget the Star Yamaha team among those heavy hitters... Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
8/27/2014 10:21am
mxrose3 wrote:
Lets not forget the Star Yamaha team among those heavy hitters... Wink
Yeah, those guys are pretty good. Wink
IWreckALot
8/27/2014 10:38am
GuyB wrote:
I had a chat with Carey Hart and RC about it earlier this summer (there's a slide show in the photo section) and it had been...

So the alternative for Suzuki is to just say eff the 250 class and try to stick it out in the 450?

The Shop

8/27/2014 1:09pm
I really miss seeing yellow bikes out there. Both classes lack in the yellow color anymore.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
8/27/2014 1:11pm
GuyB wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
So the alternative for Suzuki is to just say eff the 250 class and try to stick it out in the 450?
I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said.
IWreckALot
8/27/2014 1:39pm
GuyB wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said.
That's because I didn't get that out of what you said. The question was about Suzuki in general and you didn't give any insight as to what Suzuki was doing. Just that it wasn't realistic for RCH to field a team. That leaves Yosh and the same hurdles would exist for them.
KazFu
8/27/2014 1:48pm
I bet a lot of money there will be no Factory Suzuki 250 Team.
Kyle978
8/27/2014 1:55pm
I don't think they're going to form a full on team, but I do know of a couple riders who have been contacted about potentially riding Yellow 250's and getting some motors and suspension from Suzuki. Nothing cemented, but there is some acknowledgement from Suzuki that they need to be represented in the class.
TeamGreen
8/27/2014 5:12pm
GuyB wrote:

When talking to Carey at Mammoth it was all the same things Guy said & it seemed like it would be too much to deal with for what their trying to accomplish right now. Carey's always told me there's a progression to all this...it's gonna take time..."baby steps"...

Funny thing: I don't think people realize how involved Carey is in day to day operations, decisions & even testing...he does this for only one reason...

He's one of us.

He's a true Moto-Head.
Matt Wozney
8/27/2014 6:38pm
For Jersey's sake, put Barry Carsten back out there in the 125 class! #yellowpride

Post a reply to: Suzuki 250 team for 2015...Guy B, anyone?

The Latest