Surratt no more bud??

motosurf
Edited Date/Time 11/30/2016 5:23pm
Surrat no more on the bud bike?? Or old pic or something? Hope he didn't let it go or they didn't let him go. The dude is so fast

|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/30/2016 5:33pm
Ryan will not be riding for BUD Racing. He's working on putting something together for Supercross still, hopefully we'll hear some good news soon for him.
motosurf
11/30/2016 5:48pm
ML512 wrote:
Ryan will not be riding for BUD Racing. He's working on putting something together for Supercross still, hopefully we'll hear some good news soon for him.
Bummer. Seemed like a sweet gig for him.
Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
11/30/2016 6:05pm
Yeah the ride is no more. Lots of stuff with it but its not my place to say anything, if he ever wants to say anything he will.

Hes hoping to find sponsors to help, he has Honda 450s, but he wants to race west still so he just bought that kawi like 2-3 days ago.
Skidaddle
11/30/2016 6:10pm
Is Bud a team here or overseas? If overseas, well yeah, most would want to stay here.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/30/2016 6:15pm
Skidaddle wrote:
Is Bud a team here or overseas? If overseas, well yeah, most would want to stay here.
Based in France but have a small shop in Lake Elsinore, California. Team deal was originally for West Coast Supercross and then EMX2 in Europe... Same as Maxine Desprey and Darian Sanayei last year.
Manco
11/30/2016 6:16pm
motosurf wrote:
Surrat no more on the bud bike?? Or old pic or something? Hope he didn't let it go or they didn't let him go. The dude...
Surrat no more on the bud bike?? Or old pic or something? Hope he didn't let it go or they didn't let him go. The dude is so fast

You should charge your phone bro.
DonM
11/30/2016 6:24pm
Skidaddle wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Based in France but have a small shop in Lake Elsinore, California. Team deal was originally for West Coast Supercross and then EMX2 in Europe... Same...
Based in France but have a small shop in Lake Elsinore, California. Team deal was originally for West Coast Supercross and then EMX2 in Europe... Same as Maxine Desprey and Darian Sanayei last year.
Charboneau still on Bud?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/30/2016 6:30pm
DonM wrote:
Charboneau still on Bud?
Yes.
DonM
11/30/2016 6:34pm
DonM wrote:
Charboneau still on Bud?
ML512 wrote:
Yes.
Good, I need a reason to get up on Sunday mornings and throw my money at the fat Italian...Wink
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
12/1/2016 12:01am
Shame. Was excited to see him in EMX
12/1/2016 6:16am
DonM wrote:
Good, I need a reason to get up on Sunday mornings and throw my money at the fat Italian...Wink
With Sanayei moving up to the MX2 class you should have reason enough! That kid is really impressive. I'd say we'll see him on the podium next year. (Keep in mind allot of the top dogs are moving up from the mx2 class next year)
63mark
12/1/2016 7:45am
DonM wrote:
With Sanayei moving up to the MX2 class you should have reason enough! That kid is really impressive. I'd say we'll see him on the podium...
With Sanayei moving up to the MX2 class you should have reason enough! That kid is really impressive. I'd say we'll see him on the podium next year. (Keep in mind allot of the top dogs are moving up from the mx2 class next year)
Dont know about a podium. Pootjes, Bogers, Veassen, Vlaanderen, Lawrence. Just to name a few that will be up there aswell next year i think.
MXMattii
12/2/2016 9:16am
Don't know but if their isn't a personal reason like mom/dad/grand mom/grand dad being ill or something else. I think it's a stupid move. BUD is one of the few non-factory teams that have everything sorted out like a factory team!
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2016 9:20am
MXMattii wrote:
Don't know but if their isn't a personal reason like mom/dad/grand mom/grand dad being ill or something else. I think it's a stupid move. BUD is...
Don't know but if their isn't a personal reason like mom/dad/grand mom/grand dad being ill or something else. I think it's a stupid move. BUD is one of the few non-factory teams that have everything sorted out like a factory team!
I wasn't impressed listening to the mechanic talk to Ryan... Just my opinion...
MXMattii
12/2/2016 10:39am
MXMattii wrote:
Don't know but if their isn't a personal reason like mom/dad/grand mom/grand dad being ill or something else. I think it's a stupid move. BUD is...
ML512 wrote:
I wasn't impressed listening to the mechanic talk to Ryan... Just my opinion...
Maybe you should give a little bit more info about 'listing to the mechanic talk to Ryan' means. Because I've been around BUD a few times from World Championship races to European SX races and Junior World Championship races where they give the American 'Team Green Riders' a place to put their bikes and never heard a bad word about them.

Also they brought tons of great riders trough the French/European MX ranks to shine in the Big Leagues.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2016 10:45am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 10:46am
MXMattii wrote:
Maybe you should give a little bit more info about 'listing to the mechanic talk to Ryan' means. Because I've been around BUD a few times...
Maybe you should give a little bit more info about 'listing to the mechanic talk to Ryan' means. Because I've been around BUD a few times from World Championship races to European SX races and Junior World Championship races where they give the American 'Team Green Riders' a place to put their bikes and never heard a bad word about them.

Also they brought tons of great riders trough the French/European MX ranks to shine in the Big Leagues.
I don't deny their Europe program is on par, but their US system seems to be a bit lacking in personnel, parts, etc.

Basically, I'm watching the staff on-hand lay into the kid quite a bit for not being comfortable on their bike.

I don't want to go into a pointing fingers game, but you said "I think it's a stupid move." and I'm just trying to clear out that it's not them walking away from a perfect program or something.
500guy
12/2/2016 10:48am
MXMattii wrote:
Maybe you should give a little bit more info about 'listing to the mechanic talk to Ryan' means. Because I've been around BUD a few times...

ML512 wrote:
I don't deny their Europe program is on par, but their US system seems to be a bit lacking in personnel, parts, etc. Basically, I'm watching...
I don't deny their Europe program is on par, but their US system seems to be a bit lacking in personnel, parts, etc.

Basically, I'm watching the staff on-hand lay into the kid quite a bit for not being comfortable on their bike.

I don't want to go into a pointing fingers game, but you said "I think it's a stupid move." and I'm just trying to clear out that it's not them walking away from a perfect program or something.
Americans and French don't mix well, they think We are stupid and we think they are pussies, it's a big hurdle
Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
12/2/2016 11:16am
Im with ML, too many broken promises from a team to want to stay with them as well.
Skidaddle
12/2/2016 11:38am
Kid needs to go all Wild Willie. Most here wont have a clue.
RPM68
12/2/2016 11:54am
500guy wrote:
Americans and French don't mix well, they think We are stupid and we think they are pussies, it's a big hurdle
Well, our public schools aren't setting records and they are mostly pussies.
MXMattii
12/2/2016 1:52pm
ML512 wrote:
I don't deny their Europe program is on par, but their US system seems to be a bit lacking in personnel, parts, etc. Basically, I'm watching...

Thanks ML512, I think I get the picture. They probably ship everything they need from France to USA. This combined with Surratt not really impressing anyone at Bercy and Tristan Charboneau being the number1 rider, he probably was the last one in line to get the new stuff? Maybe BUD should do the testing in Europe on the few good European SX tracks with everything on hand?
wb173
12/2/2016 1:58pm
Skidaddle wrote:
Kid needs to go all Wild Willie. Most here wont have a clue.
Bad @$$ on the # Two Three O in bad @$$ AXO gear! My parents called me Wild Willy after him!

wb173
mccread
12/2/2016 2:00pm
From what I heard he got let go for poor performance, interesting ML is saying he walked away...

wb173
12/2/2016 2:05pm
mccread wrote:
From what I heard he got let go for poor performance, interesting ML is saying he walked away...

Poor performance after less than a month on a team is even more interesting...
Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
12/2/2016 2:13pm
mccread wrote:

He did not get let go from the team.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2016 2:18pm
mccread wrote:

Mutual split per se...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2016 2:21pm
MXMattii wrote:
Thanks ML512, I think I get the picture. They probably ship everything they need from France to USA. This combined with Surratt not really impressing anyone...
Thanks ML512, I think I get the picture. They probably ship everything they need from France to USA. This combined with Surratt not really impressing anyone at Bercy and Tristan Charboneau being the number1 rider, he probably was the last one in line to get the new stuff? Maybe BUD should do the testing in Europe on the few good European SX tracks with everything on hand?
Nope, the SX testing needs to be done here on a realistic track. That's where part of the problem lies, taper of the jump take offs, distances of the jumps and run in, plus overall speed I see from most European SX tracks don't match what we have there. Even some of the public SX tracks here aren't realistic enough. Ask some of the top guys how big of a difference it makes for training and bike setup on these unrealistic version vs A1.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2016 2:23pm
mccread wrote:

Was sent to race Bercy/Lille without being given a bike to ride first... Had never rode the new Kawi 250F, let alone on Supercross...
philG
12/2/2016 2:28pm
he looked poor in Lille, but then you have to get over the whole 'US passport , must be good at SX ' thing, i dont recall Surratt doing any SX , unless he is stuck in the whole 'RC road to Supercross' thing.

The fact he wasnt picked up in the US told me his SX wasnt good enough, but outdoors he could have been fine , and would have done ok in EMX, but no better.

SO who do they get to fill in?

Post a reply to: Surratt no more bud??

The Latest