Support Mike McDade's son, Keegan - ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia)

hvaughn88
6/9/2014 5:13am
That absolutely makes my heart sink. Prayers to he McDade family. Be tough, little man!
Crush
6/9/2014 5:59am
Just donated.

As a young parent, I can't even begin to understand what they must be going through. Praying for them all, no child deserves shit like that.
Camp332
6/9/2014 6:31am
My prayers, and thoughts are with them. My cash is sent also.

As a dad to a 2 year old boy, and 1 month old girl, this hits the heart heavy.
ricko
6/9/2014 7:22am
I posted it up yesterday but not as good as a thread as this, as I have my own daughter as well who will be 3 later this fall I can't even imagine. Prayers for the lil guy.

The Shop

Crush
6/9/2014 7:23am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2014 7:27am
Scottie/GuyB/ML..... Can we make this a sticky?

Just posted to Thumpertalk and KTMtalk as well...
HuskyEd
6/9/2014 7:44am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2014 7:49am
Thoughts and prayers out to Mike and his family for a full recovery for Keegan. Get well soon little man.

My wife and I became huge Mike McDade fans when he dropped his bike and went over to pull the bike off a stuck Will Hahn at Southwick a few years back.

https://youtu.be/Hvojm8YKJsU
hvaughn88
6/9/2014 7:47am
HuskyEd wrote:
Thoughts and prayers out to Mike and his family for a full recovery for Keegan. Get well soon little man. My wife and I became huge...
Thoughts and prayers out to Mike and his family for a full recovery for Keegan. Get well soon little man.

My wife and I became huge Mike McDade fans when he dropped his bike and went over to pull the bike off a stuck Will Hahn at Southwick a few years back.

I completely forgot about that. That was a class-act move.
JM485
6/9/2014 7:52am
Man, bummed to hear about this. Hopefully all goes well, sounds like they caught it early so that is a good sign, praying for an effective treatment. Get well soon little guy!
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
6/11/2014 12:10pm
Donated. Positive thoughts to this little guy and the McDade family. Couldn't imagine going through this with my son.

Moderators please make this a sticky.
bish153
6/11/2014 12:25pm
Hurts the heart to hear this! Fight hard and never give up little buddy!
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
6/13/2014 9:44am
bump
DanDunes818
6/13/2014 2:11pm
Spagina767: You said it well, so If it's okay, I'm going to pull your words and of course the link and promote it at MotoXAddicts and on our Facebook page.
Crush
6/14/2014 4:16am
Got an update from GoFundMe, they're doing pretty well but still a long way to go.

Anything is good guys. There's a lot of members on Vital, throw a tenner on there each and it'd be short work!
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
6/14/2014 6:56am
Spagina767 wrote:
First, I would like to say that Mike did not ask me to put this on Vital. I am simply posting this here because motocross people...
First, I would like to say that Mike did not ask me to put this on Vital. I am simply posting this here because motocross people are like family... they get together to support different causes, and this is one that is very important.

Many of you know Mike McDade. Mike has been a privateer for years, showing some real speed and unbelievable talent. He has raced arenacross the last few years and has been a top rider, all the while having a full time job - struggling to make a living in the sport we all love.

If being a full-time employed privateer isn't hard enough, his son Keegan, who is almost 3, has been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia this past week. He has been in the hospital for 4 days now, and today is the day he starts Chemotherapy. Nobody can say the extent of medical bills that will be accumulated over the course of Keegans treatment, but a page has been created by one of Mike and Cetta's friends to accept donations. If you can't, or don't want to donate, okay, but please leave only positive comments on this page... like I said, Mike didn't ask me to put this on here, he actually doesn't even know that I did yet. I just wish I could help more, so I'm making this known to anyone who doesn't already know.

Find Mike on facebook and send some positive comments, even that would be a good contribution.

http://www.gofundme.com/a1ekyc

Just made a donation. I have way to much information in this field. Please let him know to contact the Leukemia and lymphoma Society, http://www.lls.org/ They offer boat loads of help from just information to emotional to financial. The web site says that "most" children will be cured after treatment, this is very, very good news.
Thoughts and prayers go out to this little guy and the family.
TM
tiddlermx23
6/14/2014 3:54pm
Missed the friday track walk but donated today. No child should have to endur this. Kick cancers ass little buddy!
thetawater
6/15/2014 4:36am
Just made a donation and send my prayers to all of you. I must also tell you what western medicine wont , that all cancerous tissues are acidic and the human blood is alkaline. This is a fact! In Japan for 50 years they have used "Kangen" or "Ionizeed water. We all know the Japanese make the best products and have the longest longevity so please do you and your son a favor and look at:

www.thetawater.com

This is not a sales pitch, just data that needs to be known.

I have a Dr in Monroeville will give it for free.

Human blood PH is 7.4

Soda or Gatorade PH around 3.2 or 50,000x more acidic than human blood,

You wouldn't drink battery acid (PH 1) would you?

Why is USA #1 in cancer worldwide?

Godspeed

Spagina767
6/16/2014 4:03am
Spagina767: You said it well, so If it's okay, I'm going to pull your words and of course the link and promote it at MotoXAddicts and...
Spagina767: You said it well, so If it's okay, I'm going to pull your words and of course the link and promote it at MotoXAddicts and on our Facebook page.
Thanks a lot man, any support is much appreciated!
Spagina767
6/16/2014 4:07am
thetawater wrote:
[b]Just made a donation and send my prayers to all of you. I must also tell you what western medicine wont , that all cancerous tissues...
Just made a donation and send my prayers to all of you. I must also tell you what western medicine wont , that all cancerous tissues are acidic and the human blood is alkaline. This is a fact! In Japan for 50 years they have used "Kangen" or "Ionizeed water. We all know the Japanese make the best products and have the longest longevity so please do you and your son a favor and look at:

www.thetawater.com

This is not a sales pitch, just data that needs to be known.

I have a Dr in Monroeville will give it for free.

Human blood PH is 7.4

Soda or Gatorade PH around 3.2 or 50,000x more acidic than human blood,

You wouldn't drink battery acid (PH 1) would you?

Why is USA #1 in cancer worldwide?

Godspeed

Thank you! I have done a load of research on this myself, not only for cancer related issues, but for overall health and body fat/ dieting. There is more to Alkaline/ Acidic conditions than people realize. Medicine is the answer for everything these days, but diet can play an unbelievable role when it comes to health and wellness.

6/17/2014 11:42am
I know his goal is 30,000. But that won't even dent the medical bill. Lets campaign this to pump out 300,000 in donations.....it's possible.
GarySemics
6/20/2014 7:17am
I just donated 20.00. Motocrossers are one big unique family. If everyone would donate at least a little....well you know....what a difference it would make. Best wishes to the McDade family.

Donations made easy: http://www.gofundme.com/a1ekyc
jleews6
6/22/2014 7:30am
I know his goal is 30,000. But that won't even dent the medical bill. Lets campaign this to pump out 300,000 in donations.....it's possible.
I have a son who is a childhood cancer survivor. He had AML wich is worse then what Keegan has and I agree that 30000 is not going to even touch what they have ahead of them but, Every little bit is a big help. Im trying to put something together and will make a thread on it when all the details are worked out.
The good news is that my son beat it and Keegan has a better chance then my son had. I hope and pray they have as much luck as we did.
2QK4U
6/27/2014 6:54am
HuskyEd wrote:
Thoughts and prayers out to Mike and his family for a full recovery for Keegan. Get well soon little man. My wife and I became huge...

hvaughn88 wrote:
I completely forgot about that. That was a class-act move.
Really a class act. My prayers to go to the Keegan family for the future, we are all a big family in Motocross and there to help when needed!
mehow2g
7/9/2014 6:18am
Seems such a tragic thing to happen to what looks to be good people and at the age of 3 to have that cancer seems strange however I don't know how common it is for young people.

They say that with the nuclear reactor in Fukushima Japan leaking radiation may be affecting the US West Coast if that's the area they live in I wonder if there is a link...
Spagina767
7/10/2014 2:32pm
mehow2g wrote:
Seems such a tragic thing to happen to what looks to be good people and at the age of 3 to have that cancer seems strange...
Seems such a tragic thing to happen to what looks to be good people and at the age of 3 to have that cancer seems strange however I don't know how common it is for young people.

They say that with the nuclear reactor in Fukushima Japan leaking radiation may be affecting the US West Coast if that's the area they live in I wonder if there is a link...
Mike is from, and still lives, in the western PA/ Eastern Ohio area... Pretty far from the west coast. Not sure the reason, but it's sad none the less.
Mxdnusa
7/18/2014 11:46am
My wife is a pediatric oncology Nurse. You don't want to know how common it is. I honestly don't know how the families feel, but do know it affects the professionals that work with them as well. She has told me about funerals where the parents are consoling the nurses/doctor. She's been to four this year,last one was a Buddhist funeral and they handed our bags with candy,lottery ticket,a quarter and a red string as part of their rituals.

She did say ALL has a high mortality rate at his age,is cure able, and has about a 3 year treatment plan.

My prayers and thoughts are with the McDades and I will make a contribution.

Their are a ton of people helping childhood cancer and I highly recommend it.

Post a reply to: Support Mike McDade's son, Keegan - ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia)

The Latest