Supercross tickets confusion/frustration

BryZ8
I'm trying to buy 4 tickets to Glendale 2017. The only place I can find tickets is here: http://www.excite.com/events/sports-tickets/Monster-Energy-Ama-Supercro…

This site wants to charge a $120 processing fee ($125 for ticket $37 per ticket processing fee plus $7 for emailing the tickets).. So, 4 tickets in the 113 section upper row (35) will cost $650. WTF. Add in hotel, meals and travel from Albuquerque and now I have a $1,000 weekend. I've brought my family to both the Dallas SX and St Louis SX and I bought those tickets on Ticketmaster. Presently, ticketmaster isn't offering SX tickets but "excite" does with the horrible processing fee.

When ticketmaster finally is able to sell tickets I guess it's just the leftovers? I feel, $100 per ticket is steep but $160-$170 per ticket (processing fee included) is just bullshit. I see plenty of empty seats at every SX so I guess SX fans are feeling what I feel. Guess I'll just have to enjoy it on my 60" HDTV instead if I can't find a reasonable price.

Seeking advice or snarky replies.
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/2/2016 10:47am
Wait and buy them at Ride Now Peoria, just up the 101 from there when they go on sale at Yamaha dealers. I think they are still doing that. Or, buy the cheap seats at the window. I don't think Glendale sells out, but I may be wrong.

A processing fee in excess of $2 is complete BS, if you ask me.
IWreckALot
8/2/2016 12:39pm
Ticketmaster has the rape fee too. It's less than $120. If you pay for tickets at the gate, I don't think you have to pay the rape fee. But you may have to. I get a deal through my work that I go through the Ringling Brothers directly for tickets and I didn't have to pay the rape fee last year.
500guy
8/2/2016 12:42pm
it won't sell out, come and buy what you want at the box office the day of or Friday before.
philG
8/2/2016 12:49pm
500guy wrote:
it won't sell out, come and buy what you want at the box office the day of or Friday before.
This... i doubt there is a single race that you cant walk up and buy tickets at.

The Shop

oshow
8/2/2016 1:25pm
Just watch it on tv..
IWreckALot
8/2/2016 1:54pm
oshow wrote:
Just watch it on tv..
Cheaper beer, better viewing, rewind capabilities, no traffic, no parking fees, no risk of DUI, and you get to see the "special" stuff. . . like JS7 ordering cinnachips from Taco Bell in his farrari.
BryZ8
8/2/2016 2:01pm
500guy wrote:
Such great responses thus far but I think I'll follow your advice.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/2/2016 3:28pm
BryZ8 wrote:
I'm trying to buy 4 tickets to Glendale 2017. The only place I can find tickets is here: http://www.excite.com/events/sports-tickets/Monster-Energy-Ama-Supercross/index.php This site wants to charge a $120...
I'm trying to buy 4 tickets to Glendale 2017. The only place I can find tickets is here: http://www.excite.com/events/sports-tickets/Monster-Energy-Ama-Supercro…

This site wants to charge a $120 processing fee ($125 for ticket $37 per ticket processing fee plus $7 for emailing the tickets).. So, 4 tickets in the 113 section upper row (35) will cost $650. WTF. Add in hotel, meals and travel from Albuquerque and now I have a $1,000 weekend. I've brought my family to both the Dallas SX and St Louis SX and I bought those tickets on Ticketmaster. Presently, ticketmaster isn't offering SX tickets but "excite" does with the horrible processing fee.

When ticketmaster finally is able to sell tickets I guess it's just the leftovers? I feel, $100 per ticket is steep but $160-$170 per ticket (processing fee included) is just bullshit. I see plenty of empty seats at every SX so I guess SX fans are feeling what I feel. Guess I'll just have to enjoy it on my 60" HDTV instead if I can't find a reasonable price.

Seeking advice or snarky replies.
SX tickets don't go on sale until Oct 21. I had someone who'd know suggest that fans should not be buying tickets from other sites, especially before they go on sale. You'd be setting yourselves up for problems.
BryZ8
8/2/2016 3:32pm
GuyB wrote:
SX tickets don't go on sale until Oct 21. I had someone who'd know suggest that fans should not be buying tickets from other sites, especially...
SX tickets don't go on sale until Oct 21. I had someone who'd know suggest that fans should not be buying tickets from other sites, especially before they go on sale. You'd be setting yourselves up for problems.
Thanks for that piece of info. Confusing how internet ticket outlets are then able to sell seats already. Hoping good seats will still be available on Oct 21st without a freaking ridiculous "processing" fee.
Rooster
8/2/2016 3:52pm
I don't care if Bob Hannah and Rick Johnson and RC all came out of retirement and had a one time only two stroke death match against JS7 for the title of formerly the fastest man on the planet. There's no bloody way you'd ever get me to drop $100 for a supercross ticket.
IWreckALot
8/2/2016 4:56pm
Rooster wrote:
I don't care if Bob Hannah and Rick Johnson and RC all came out of retirement and had a one time only two stroke death match...
I don't care if Bob Hannah and Rick Johnson and RC all came out of retirement and had a one time only two stroke death match against JS7 for the title of formerly the fastest man on the planet. There's no bloody way you'd ever get me to drop $100 for a supercross ticket.
what if it were topless monster chicks racing around a sx track?
SEE ARE125
8/2/2016 6:44pm
Rooster wrote:
I don't care if Bob Hannah and Rick Johnson and RC all came out of retirement and had a one time only two stroke death match...
IWreckALot wrote:
what if it were topless monster chicks racing around a sx track?
And the whole track was whoops....

Post a reply to: Supercross tickets confusion/frustration

The Latest