Supercross/rider pet peeves. What are yours?

Agfracing
Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 8:19pm
I know everyone has pet peeves when at the races or watching on tv. My biggest pet peeve and the reason I dont like RV. During opening ceremonies every rider has there full gear on rolling around the track. RV comes out without a helmet on and rolls around. Its always been a rule at my house that a bike doesnt move at all unless you have a helmet on. Im surprised Kawi/AMA let him go roll around the track with it off.
|
Skippie
1/10/2015 1:22pm
I'm sure a 4x supercross champion can handle rolling around that track without hurting himself. He probably does it so the fans can actually see him. Even if by some freak accident he were to hurt himself, he's a big boy now, he made that call.
Agfracing
1/10/2015 1:24pm
Skippie wrote:
I'm sure a 4x supercross champion can handle rolling around that track without hurting himself. He probably does it so the fans can actually see him...
I'm sure a 4x supercross champion can handle rolling around that track without hurting himself. He probably does it so the fans can actually see him. Even if by some freak accident he were to hurt himself, he's a big boy now, he made that call.
I understand hes a 4x winner. But youd think the insurance of the series wouldnt like that either. Just a douche move that makes him look like an arrogant jerk off.
Skippie
1/10/2015 1:28pm
Agfracing wrote:
I understand hes a 4x winner. But youd think the insurance of the series wouldnt like that either. Just a douche move that makes him look...
I understand hes a 4x winner. But youd think the insurance of the series wouldnt like that either. Just a douche move that makes him look like an arrogant jerk off.
I think criticizing a 4x supercross and 2x outdoors champion about not wearing a helmet rolling around in 1st gear at opening ceremonies for 30 seconds makes you look like an arrogant jerk off.
Thor34103
1/10/2015 1:31pm
To me it's not that he will fall and get hurt, it's the example that the multi-time champ sets riding sans helmet.

The Shop

DownSouth
1/10/2015 1:33pm
How much do you hate each weeks winner when he takes of his helmet after the win and rolls around the track? Every guy does it.

In the past 48 hours we have established that you hate Hibbert and RV. Who is next on your hit list?
JW381
1/10/2015 1:36pm
Read the thread title and thought about posting my pet peeve.

Now, having read the thread, I think I'll let this one slide lol
Skippie
1/10/2015 1:41pm
Thor34103 wrote:
To me it's not that he will fall and get hurt, it's the example that the multi-time champ sets riding sans helmet.
I think if you have to rely on someone else to be a role model for your kid and you can't explain to them why a helmet is necessary for riding, you are failing as a parent.
Agfracing
1/10/2015 1:46pm
Thor34103 wrote:
This.
Agfracing
1/10/2015 1:49pm
DownSouth wrote:
How much do you hate each weeks winner when he takes of his helmet after the win and rolls around the track? Every guy does it...
How much do you hate each weeks winner when he takes of his helmet after the win and rolls around the track? Every guy does it.

In the past 48 hours we have established that you hate Hibbert and RV. Who is next on your hit list?
Sucks that the top guys in each sport are who they are. They are both machines and can ride like no other. But at the same time they both suck off the track. Go approach Hibbert anytime besides an autograph signing and then go approach ross martin or levi lavallee. Hibbert has gotten better in the last year or two about it though. I never said I hate RV. I just have a pet peeve for all riders and hes always been the one that does it the most.
Agfracing
1/10/2015 1:51pm
If everyone had your thought process there would be no factory teams or sponsorships. You must not realize the only reason riders get support is because people look up to them and want what they have.
TommyZ
1/10/2015 1:52pm
My biggest pet peeve is that I have never won a supercross, but then again having only won local races maybe I am expecting too much ;-)
Skippie
1/10/2015 1:54pm
Agfracing wrote:
If everyone had your thought process there would be no factory teams or sponsorships. You must not realize the only reason riders get support is because...
If everyone had your thought process there would be no factory teams or sponsorships. You must not realize the only reason riders get support is because people look up to them and want what they have.
Sponsorship's are to get people to endorse your product in turn getting more exposure and hopefully selling more of said product. They are not there to be role models for your kids, if they are that's a bonus. But that is not their responsibility that is yours as the parent.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
1/10/2015 1:59pm
Thor34103 wrote:
Skippie wrote:
I think if you have to rely on someone else to be a role model for your kid and you can't explain to them why a...
I think if you have to rely on someone else to be a role model for your kid and you can't explain to them why a helmet is necessary for riding, you are failing as a parent.
THIS!!! It is the age of entitlement & not taking responsibility for ones own actions, so blame video games, TV & rap!Whistling

It sounds like you started this thread just so you could get your jabs in & make a point about a rider you do not like. You made your point!Smile
hvaughn88
1/10/2015 3:59pm
Skippie wrote:
I'm sure a 4x supercross champion can handle rolling around that track without hurting himself. He probably does it so the fans can actually see him...
Agfracing wrote:
I understand hes a 4x winner. But youd think the insurance of the series wouldnt like that either. Just a douche move that makes him look...
While I don't really agree, I can see where you're coming from about insurance and that crap. What I don't agree with whatsoever is that it makes him look an "arrogant jerkoff." Are you for real, dude? A bit if a stretch, don't ya think? How about the last video of Andrew short riding his son around without a helmet? Is he an arrogant jerkoff, too? Or when Cary rode around his daughter without a helmet? Arrogant jerkoff, too? You need to worry about yourself coming across as an arrogant jerkoff instead of other people.
machine
1/10/2015 4:03pm
15 minute mains used to be my pet peeve, but now they are even less than that...Blink
MXD
1/10/2015 4:04pm
The fake sip from the energy drink can.
PRM31
1/10/2015 4:07pm
THE LENGTH OF MAINS!! Some tracks have such short laps that it seems over right away! 25 Minute mains. How ever many laps it takes.
1/10/2015 4:07pm
Im pretty sure nobody sees RV riding around without a helmet and thinks

"Hey! I should ride without a helmet!"

Dx3moto
1/10/2015 4:08pm
Agfracing wrote:
I know everyone has pet peeves when at the races or watching on tv. My biggest pet peeve and the reason I dont like RV. During...
I know everyone has pet peeves when at the races or watching on tv. My biggest pet peeve and the reason I dont like RV. During opening ceremonies every rider has there full gear on rolling around the track. RV comes out without a helmet on and rolls around. Its always been a rule at my house that a bike doesnt move at all unless you have a helmet on. Im surprised Kawi/AMA let him go roll around the track with it off.
JB479
1/10/2015 4:16pm
My pet peeve is Villopoto smoking . Its such a bad example, he must think he is going to smoke the europeans.
Stefan82
1/10/2015 4:16pm
I hate the 250 West and East, they should race together like the 450s and also do 17 rounds.
oshow
1/10/2015 4:33pm
Skippie wrote:
Agfracing wrote:
No, you posting this has made "you" look that way.
Old Mate
1/10/2015 4:36pm
Agfracing wrote:
I know everyone has pet peeves when at the races or watching on tv. My biggest pet peeve and the reason I dont like RV. During...
My wife dislikes how he shoots elephants and lions and stuff but she doesn't even whinge about him waving to his fans while showing his face.
steve_97060
1/10/2015 4:48pm
Skippie wrote:
Agfracing wrote:
oshow wrote:
No, you posting this has made "you" look that way.
what he said..

seriously, sometimes you read some of this ignorant drivel and all you can do is shake your head...
zippy895
1/10/2015 4:52pm
Agfracing wrote:
WOW,tell us how you really feel.bit harsh for no real reason.
zippy895
1/10/2015 4:54pm
I don't care for all the advertising filler on the big screen ,between,practice/heats/main.
Drtbykr
1/10/2015 5:00pm
25 for first, 22 for second. I'd like 25 f0r first and 20 for second. To the victor goes the spoils.

Plus I have to pay to watch it.

When young kids get hurt, that is the worst.

And I don't see Ashely Sarto around SX any more. What a Goddess!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/10/2015 5:01pm
Agfracing wrote:
zippy895 wrote:
WOW,tell us how you really feel.bit harsh for no real reason.
Yep, that's a bit much.

I don't think its a big deal, hopefully kids are smart enough to know the difference between a champion riding opening ceremonies with no helmet, and them riding without a helmet.
Scrubadub
1/10/2015 5:08pm
Agfracing wrote:
Can't tell if serious or trolling. If serious GTFO!... If troll... Nice stinkbait!

Post a reply to: Supercross/rider pet peeves. What are yours?

The Latest