Supercross/UFC

chadwik74
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2014 9:15am

Wow...is Supercross finally a big deal on TV?
|
stewie94
1/21/2014 7:04pm
haha & based on the comments , theres some mixed emotions about it
chadwik74
1/21/2014 7:39pm
So...all they do is sit on the bike and twist the throttle? Sounds easy....

The Shop

CRF505
1/21/2014 7:53pm
es337 wrote:
this guy... [img]https://i.imgur.com/aSQ2ZID.png[/img]
this guy...
Couldn't have expected anything more from UFC fans, right? Guarantee this guy couldn't get out of first gear on a bike...
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
1/21/2014 8:09pm
es337 wrote:
this guy...
What a tool. I bet he wears tapout & is an armchair fighter. The UFCs biggest fan. He goes to cardio kickboxing at LA fitness so he thinks he's a "fighter".
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
1/21/2014 8:15pm
Thank you Fox Sports!!! So used to SX getting bumped for something else. Helps having an exciting SX season so far.
JeepnMike
1/21/2014 8:22pm
How many trucks have you seen with a Fox sticker and a Tapout sticker? There is probably many among us with mixed emotions about this one...... LMAO!
Old-Man
1/21/2014 8:24pm
I dig'em both so it's a wash, just happy to be able to watch them both
bryan
1/21/2014 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 8:48pm
Man, this whole week or two has been something out of the twilight zone: Reed is Villopoto, Dungey is Friese, Yamahas are good, Motocrossers cry, and UFC gets bumped because of conflicts with Supercross.

You gotta admit though, there's a sliver of truth to what the guy in the red shirt, holding two invisible d**ks is saying. I think your average gym crowd is a little more fit than your average vet track crowd.
Rizzo
1/21/2014 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 8:33pm
Im a fan of both sports, but lets call a spade a spade here chadwick. The UFC event that got bumped is a "fight night" event that is free and also their 2nd lowest tier of fight offerings(UFC PPV-Ultimate Fighter). The event is also in Brazil in March, so the time difference is huge when airing in the US, hence the bump. The event is on Fox Sports 1 in comparison to this weekends UFC event which is Live on Fox(primetime national network). So the premier SX we have to offer beat out the UFC's 4th ranked offering on Fox's secondary network. Although I love SX/MX, there is no way in HELL that SX is bumping the UFC during primetime on a national network. We(SX) have to start somewhere, but lets not get carried away here partner, David and Goliath bro.
mxbigd17
1/21/2014 8:33pm
UFC, where grown men go to molest each other.......legally
BAMX
1/21/2014 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 8:59pm
es337 wrote:
this guy...
CRF505 wrote:
Couldn't have expected anything more from UFC fans, right? Guarantee this guy couldn't get out of first gear on a bike...
The ignorance of the MMA crowd is staggering. I have some friends who tend bar and they all hate the MMA fight nights. The bar fills with the lowest forms of life and nobody understands the concept of tipping.
mx836
1/21/2014 9:04pm
BAMX wrote:
The ignorance of the MMA crowd is staggering. I have some friends who tend bar and they all hate the MMA fight nights. The bar fills...
The ignorance of the MMA crowd is staggering. I have some friends who tend bar and they all hate the MMA fight nights. The bar fills with the lowest forms of life and nobody understands the concept of tipping.
It is my belief that most UFC fans are losers. Sorry boys.
Sully
1/21/2014 9:26pm
es337 wrote:
this guy...
What a tool. I bet he wears tapout & is an armchair fighter. The UFCs biggest fan. He goes to cardio kickboxing at LA fitness so...
What a tool. I bet he wears tapout & is an armchair fighter. The UFCs biggest fan. He goes to cardio kickboxing at LA fitness so he thinks he's a "fighter".
If you run a Google search of his name, the first link that comes up his his fight profile from tapology.com...he's had 1 amateur fight, and he lost. Better warm up the ol' dirt bike, Byron.
Rizzo
1/21/2014 9:46pm
The MMA crowd is almost equal to the sponsorhouse MX scene, specifically SoCal where every bro is sponsored by Monster Factory Kawi Pro Circuit FMF Red Bull Honda. Every bro on the planet is going pro next week and getting signed for a contract, MMA is worse cuz its fucking global compared to SX. And yes, every bar or midnight gathering is filled with 20 wannabe billy bad asses with an 0-12 below amateur record that can beat up the entire place, just like Perris or Milestone and the C class.
1/21/2014 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 9:59pm
Um, so we bumped a bunch of felons, ex cons, and can't make a living any other way types in both men and women..

Yep, we're high class style now. Look out F1, Monaco here we come. Bust out a bottle of Clicquot, and bring on the runway with Supermodels.

Sutton is going to be in trouble with all the moto photogs coming around on racers Private jets..

To be honest, thats great and all, but if we bumped say Tennis, Or womens volleyball, it would have more clout.
JeepnMike
1/21/2014 10:33pm
Um, so we bumped a bunch of felons, ex cons, and can't make a living any other way types in both men and women.. Yep, we're...
Um, so we bumped a bunch of felons, ex cons, and can't make a living any other way types in both men and women..

Yep, we're high class style now. Look out F1, Monaco here we come. Bust out a bottle of Clicquot, and bring on the runway with Supermodels.

Sutton is going to be in trouble with all the moto photogs coming around on racers Private jets..

To be honest, thats great and all, but if we bumped say Tennis, Or womens volleyball, it would have more clout.
If you put your average MX fan and placed your average UFC fan right next to him, do you think they would look that much different? I agree UFC sucks the intelligence out of folks who are already impaired, but the fan base is a little closer than you would like. YEEHAW!

Apologies to the folks who like UFC... I spent my a lot of time in my younger years wrestling in high school and karate which are both respectable sanctioned sports for which I am offering to my kids as they grow up. UFC just bastardizes traditional fighting sports with principles. I realize that is entertainment to folks with testosterone issues and insane profit to promoters at an inhumane price for the fighters; not my cup of tea.
RealityZ
1/21/2014 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 10:49pm
^^

How is MX and UFC anyway comparable?

Principles!?! How is teaching your kid to fight with "rules" anyway comparable to teaching them skills with motocross..
JeepnMike
1/21/2014 11:11pm
RealityZ wrote:
^^

How is MX and UFC anyway comparable?

Principles!?! How is teaching your kid to fight with "rules" anyway comparable to teaching them skills with motocross..
You need to read what I wrote again bro. Nowhere did I mention raising my kids to race a damn thing, namely MX. And if you think kids aren't learning principles and life values in *traditional* karate and wrestling, you need to go watch some more UFC and get off of your soap box. Further, I also mentioned "offering" to my kids which means I don't shove shit down my kids throats and let them make decisions on their own.

My comments about the similarity of the fan-base of UFC and SX can clearly be documented in the 1000+ comments on this freaking bulletin board about the fans in the stands at the SX events... Flat billed, drunk, annoying, have me considering not coming back, loud, etc. If you think fans look or act different at a UFC event, you are a Vitard looking for a pointless argument.

Thanks!
Brent
1/21/2014 11:28pm
Moto used to be bumped by infomercials in some part of this country, how times have changed.

Remember its early in the week, if Fox Sports gets a couple hate emails from inmates who have cable in the joint, they might still change it - if they do, get your e mail nuclear bombs ready...
RealityZ
1/21/2014 11:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 11:29pm
You got me "bro". Not talking about your kids racing or wrestling. Just stating the difference between fans of both sports,namely UFC and motocross.

PS thanks for the compliment.
DanDunes818
1/21/2014 11:57pm
I'll give this guy credit. Somebody posted "Supercross Behind the Dream Episode 1" and he took the time to watch it and posted this.

Shows you why we need more of these shows for the sake of education and growth of the sport. Not even that guy, who obviously had zero respect for the sport before watching, could continue to say the sport was easy.
1/22/2014 12:05am
Brent wrote:
Moto used to be bumped by infomercials in some part of this country, how times have changed. Remember its early in the week, if Fox Sports...
Moto used to be bumped by infomercials in some part of this country, how times have changed.

Remember its early in the week, if Fox Sports gets a couple hate emails from inmates who have cable in the joint, they might still change it - if they do, get your e mail nuclear bombs ready...
haha
bd
1/22/2014 12:55am
Fucking brilliant..... knock down a damm tough sport because some of the ignorant in the other sport knocks motocross/supercross. What is this, "my daddy can beat up your daddy?"

This is huge for our sport - SPEAKS VOLUMES.
chillrich
1/22/2014 6:02am
Just curious why all the hate for MMA? These athletes are well trained in multiple disciplines, none of which are easy to master. Their fitness is no joke. Most of the top competitors are intelligent and well spoken. From what I've seen and heard Olympic wrestling which is at the core of many of the top fighters is one of the most difficult athletic programs in college sports.
mx757
1/22/2014 6:15am
chillrich wrote:
Just curious why all the hate for MMA? These athletes are well trained in multiple disciplines, none of which are easy to master. Their fitness is...
Just curious why all the hate for MMA? These athletes are well trained in multiple disciplines, none of which are easy to master. Their fitness is no joke. Most of the top competitors are intelligent and well spoken. From what I've seen and heard Olympic wrestling which is at the core of many of the top fighters is one of the most difficult athletic programs in college sports.
My guess would be the same reason some MXers hate freestyle. the "bro" fanbase, and the lack of knowledge about the sport.
jmx411
1/22/2014 6:23am
Rizzo wrote:
Im a fan of both sports, but lets call a spade a spade here chadwick. The UFC event that got bumped is a "fight night" event...
Im a fan of both sports, but lets call a spade a spade here chadwick. The UFC event that got bumped is a "fight night" event that is free and also their 2nd lowest tier of fight offerings(UFC PPV-Ultimate Fighter). The event is also in Brazil in March, so the time difference is huge when airing in the US, hence the bump. The event is on Fox Sports 1 in comparison to this weekends UFC event which is Live on Fox(primetime national network). So the premier SX we have to offer beat out the UFC's 4th ranked offering on Fox's secondary network. Although I love SX/MX, there is no way in HELL that SX is bumping the UFC during primetime on a national network. We(SX) have to start somewhere, but lets not get carried away here partner, David and Goliath bro.
I can agree with your statement. To add to it I am kind of hoping that the ratings are good enough that next year Fox thinks about putting a couple of the races on the Fox national network. Even if its just A1.

Post a reply to: Supercross/UFC

The Latest