Supercross Ticket Prices

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
My wife was hounding me while watching Anaheim 1 about needing to buy our Supercross tickets for the Dallas round. I've been pushing it off for several reasons but finally broke down yesterday and bought a few. I was pleasantly surprised that the prices on ticket master have gone back to normal.

One of the reasons I was pushing it off was because the pricing was still ridiculous. A couple of years ago it was going to be around $150 a ticket to sit in my usual section (Club level 300). I did the JT$ BTO KTM deal that year instead. We ended up not going last year because we were in the hospital having another baby and when I checked prices for this year a couple of months ago I remember them being over $100. Now the highest priced sections are $69 which translated to $88 a ticket after the taxes and fees.

So, I just wanted to bring up this conversation for some of you who may have been thinking about not going because of the ticket prices. You may want to check the prices again to see if they've changed.
|
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
1/10/2017 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2017 1:31pm
A2 Cocktail Club Level via TicketMaster...........2 tickets.... $268......$134 per ticket

Gale19XX
1/10/2017 2:04pm
How was the BTO Sports KTM package? I used to think about doing one of those quite a bit. BTO sports site still has a VIP experience tab but still says "coming soon."
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/10/2017 2:38pm
Gale19XX wrote:
How was the BTO Sports KTM package? I used to think about doing one of those quite a bit. BTO sports site still has a VIP...
How was the BTO Sports KTM package? I used to think about doing one of those quite a bit. BTO sports site still has a VIP experience tab but still says "coming soon."
It was cool. My wife, my dad and myself all went. I enjoyed it.

Going on the track walk with JT$ was neat, especially with all of the riders down there and I said hello to Matthes and J-Bone during it which was a highlight to me. I've been racing motocross since I was a little kid, I've raced on Arenacross tracks and have been on Supercross sections built at local tracks but walking an entire, full blown supercross track was eye opening to how extreme those tracks are.

I ate a hamburger for lunch at the team semi but other than that I spent all of my time during practice in the press box watching the different sessions. That was a neat experience and I was fortunate to have such a nice stadium with a nice, large press box with good viewing. I've heard some stadiums have crappy press boxes.

The other neat thing was after the race we were able to go back into the pits where JT gave us all goody bags and we turned in our credentials. The cool part to me though was walking around the pits seeing the teams tear down their bikes, rigs etc. and seeing the aftermath. You could see all of the glory for the people who did well getting interviews, bro downs, etc. and then some of the other riders sitting in disgust at what just happened. I really enjoy just being a fly on the wall for that sort of stuff.

The only thing I would have liked to do that we didn't do was see the inside of the rig. I thought we were going to do that and maybe if I asked JT he would have shown me or maybe something was going on that day with the team that stopped us from being able to do it. JT himself was a highlight of the deal too because he is such a nice, genuine guy.

I thought about doing it again this year as a birthday gift to my wife but Dallas is a day race this year which means track walk is probably pretty damn early and with two kids now... I like sleeping in a little bit when I can.

The Shop

kott0n
Fantasy
3769th
1/10/2017 3:59pm
Now that I'm back into riding, I really wanted to go to the Seattle SX. Wife has 0 interest.

Going to need to call some bros.
Tonynz
1/10/2017 4:09pm
How much is the VIP experience?
Motoxdoc
1/10/2017 4:12pm
$30 for A-1. I don't know how they decide which seats are better and therefore more expensive, but I can tell you this, the cheapest seats in Anaheim are as good or better than the most expensive seats.
daemon616
1/10/2017 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2017 5:40pm
I've noticed if I use the ticketmaster app and I order my tickets a week or two before hand all of a sudden the family section option becomes available. It's section 2XX and it's alcohol free but for the price and the seats you can't beat it.

*this is specific to Arlington SX. I've done it every year since 2011? First tickets were 15$ with a discount code + family section. Lately it's been around 40 bucks after fees.
Gale19XX
1/10/2017 5:34pm
Gale19XX wrote:
How was the BTO Sports KTM package? I used to think about doing one of those quite a bit. BTO sports site still has a VIP...
731chopper wrote:
It was cool. My wife, my dad and myself all went. I enjoyed it. Going on the track walk with JT$ was neat, especially with all...
It was cool. My wife, my dad and myself all went. I enjoyed it.

Going on the track walk with JT$ was neat, especially with all of the riders down there and I said hello to Matthes and J-Bone during it which was a highlight to me. I've been racing motocross since I was a little kid, I've raced on Arenacross tracks and have been on Supercross sections built at local tracks but walking an entire, full blown supercross track was eye opening to how extreme those tracks are.

I ate a hamburger for lunch at the team semi but other than that I spent all of my time during practice in the press box watching the different sessions. That was a neat experience and I was fortunate to have such a nice stadium with a nice, large press box with good viewing. I've heard some stadiums have crappy press boxes.

The other neat thing was after the race we were able to go back into the pits where JT gave us all goody bags and we turned in our credentials. The cool part to me though was walking around the pits seeing the teams tear down their bikes, rigs etc. and seeing the aftermath. You could see all of the glory for the people who did well getting interviews, bro downs, etc. and then some of the other riders sitting in disgust at what just happened. I really enjoy just being a fly on the wall for that sort of stuff.

The only thing I would have liked to do that we didn't do was see the inside of the rig. I thought we were going to do that and maybe if I asked JT he would have shown me or maybe something was going on that day with the team that stopped us from being able to do it. JT himself was a highlight of the deal too because he is such a nice, genuine guy.

I thought about doing it again this year as a birthday gift to my wife but Dallas is a day race this year which means track walk is probably pretty damn early and with two kids now... I like sleeping in a little bit when I can.
Sounds like a blast! I'm exactly the same as far as having fun being a fly on the wall. So much so that I usually hit a race or two a year by myself because the things I would consider fun would probably bore most. I'll usually miss a lot of track action cuz I enjoy watching the teams operate throughout the day and watching the mechanics prep a bike from the second it leaves the track til it's ready to go back out again.

I bought a track walk ticket through supercrosslive last year at STL. As long as I've been around mx and going to sx races, I was shocked during the track walk. A former friend of mine works for dirt wurx and built some sx sized sections at his track here, so I thought I had an idea but I didn't. I watched countless people fall and struggle just to walk up the backside of the takeoff for a triple. That track walk kind of sucked tho. Out there with a hundred other people who bought tickets, extremely rushed by track crew, and only got to walk 1 section down and 1 section back. My feet were probably on dirt for 5 mins tops.

I made a post last year asking for input from those that bought the VIP experience. I received a bunch of commenters saying nothing but positive things about it except for 1. Some guy didn't have that good of a time, wasn't happy about it, called JT some names and complained about him. His biggest complaint was not getting to tour the rig, so you're not the first one I heard didn't get the chance. I can't remember his reply but JT actually commented on it and I believe he had a legitimate reason why there was no tour. Again I can't remember the reason but I know it was legitimate because if it hadn't been, I wouldn't have still considered buying it.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/10/2017 6:22pm
Tonynz, the price was $750 a person then. I think it is the same price now but I'm not certain.

Gale19XX, good to know about the track walk Feld is offering. I've seen that for sale and was wondering which track walk that was for. I also saw you can buy access to the new post race press conference as well.

As for the JT truck thing, I almost feel bad for evening bringing it up because I don't think it's fair to even mention something like that when I didn't ask JT about it. So for anyone reading this, don't take that as criticism of the deal he is selling. $750 is a good clip, especially when you take your wife and it's $1,500, but if you have the money and love the sport it is a side of Supercross most people don't get to see. I enjoyed it and, again, considered doing it again this year until I saw it was a day race.
Gale19XX
1/10/2017 7:14pm
731chopper wrote:
Tonynz, the price was $750 a person then. I think it is the same price now but I'm not certain. Gale19XX, good to know about the...
Tonynz, the price was $750 a person then. I think it is the same price now but I'm not certain.

Gale19XX, good to know about the track walk Feld is offering. I've seen that for sale and was wondering which track walk that was for. I also saw you can buy access to the new post race press conference as well.

As for the JT truck thing, I almost feel bad for evening bringing it up because I don't think it's fair to even mention something like that when I didn't ask JT about it. So for anyone reading this, don't take that as criticism of the deal he is selling. $750 is a good clip, especially when you take your wife and it's $1,500, but if you have the money and love the sport it is a side of Supercross most people don't get to see. I enjoyed it and, again, considered doing it again this year until I saw it was a day race.
Have you been able to find these tickets this year? Since BTO isn't the main sponsor for the butler brothers team I wasn't sure if they were still available. When I go to btosportsracing.com, nothing loads up when I click VIP Experiences.

Yea I feel bad complaining about the track walk because a part of me thinks I should even be thankful for them offering extra activities like that. It was worth the $70 a ticket I paid to get to see it once but I wouldn't recommend it or do it again. I think they should have did a better job explaining the details of it. To me "track walk" meant I was going to get to walk most if not all of the track and granite they wouldn't give me all day out there but probably 10 mins or so and I would have been happy. I'm not kidding when I say I think I made it 20 feet down the first section and track crew guys were hollering at people to keep it moving and hurry up. It's nice of Feld to offer things like this but if you don't have the time for it and are just cramming it in to make some cash, it's not really "right" in my eyes.

Have you been to a day race before? STL last year was the first time I'd ever been to a day race and I hated it. Probably works out a lot better for teams and some people but nothing about it felt normal to me. Felt odd to me walking back to my vehicle after the races at 4pm in the daylight.

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
1/10/2017 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 8:04am
This will be my first day supercross. I'm a little bummed about it being a day race this year and hope it isn't like this every year now.
Skuzzy29
1/10/2017 7:46pm
Gale19XX wrote:
Have you been able to find these tickets this year? Since BTO isn't the main sponsor for the butler brothers team I wasn't sure if they...
Have you been able to find these tickets this year? Since BTO isn't the main sponsor for the butler brothers team I wasn't sure if they were still available. When I go to btosportsracing.com, nothing loads up when I click VIP Experiences.

Yea I feel bad complaining about the track walk because a part of me thinks I should even be thankful for them offering extra activities like that. It was worth the $70 a ticket I paid to get to see it once but I wouldn't recommend it or do it again. I think they should have did a better job explaining the details of it. To me "track walk" meant I was going to get to walk most if not all of the track and granite they wouldn't give me all day out there but probably 10 mins or so and I would have been happy. I'm not kidding when I say I think I made it 20 feet down the first section and track crew guys were hollering at people to keep it moving and hurry up. It's nice of Feld to offer things like this but if you don't have the time for it and are just cramming it in to make some cash, it's not really "right" in my eyes.

Have you been to a day race before? STL last year was the first time I'd ever been to a day race and I hated it. Probably works out a lot better for teams and some people but nothing about it felt normal to me. Felt odd to me walking back to my vehicle after the races at 4pm in the daylight.

Gale19XX
1/10/2017 8:39pm
Gale19XX wrote:
Have you been able to find these tickets this year? Since BTO isn't the main sponsor for the butler brothers team I wasn't sure if they...

Skuzzy29 wrote:
Hey thanks man! I've been googling to see if RM KTM team had a website yet and was never able to find it.
NATEP231
1/10/2017 8:56pm
Minneapolis has some spendy ones and some $37 ones I'm going to go with

Tonynz
1/10/2017 10:07pm
731chopper wrote:
Tonynz, the price was $750 a person then. I think it is the same price now but I'm not certain. Gale19XX, good to know about the...

I have emailed JT re VIP, thinking about it, but already spending alot of monry this trip. 2 or 3 days riding $275 each day x 2, ( my son). insurance for riding since we are not from USA $1400. If my son wsa not a full time student it would have $2400. Problem with insurance we had to take it out for 3 months. ( better to be safe than sorry)
1/10/2017 11:11pm
Hey everyone, we are offering the VIP Experience this year with Jason Thomas for every round of Supercross and will have it as well for the outdoors. It's a great experience and for the fan of the sport, once you have this experience it is hard to go back to being a regular fan!

For more information, visit the VIP page on our NEW team website: http://teamrmatvmc.com/rm-vip-experience/

Skuzzy29
1/11/2017 7:57am
Gale19XX wrote:
Hey thanks man! I've been googling to see if RM KTM team had a website yet and was never able to find it.
No problem...happy to help! JT is as awesome as they get!

Post a reply to: Supercross Ticket Prices

The Latest