Super Slow-Mo

JW381
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 1:53pm
How pumped are you guys for all these super slow-mo shots?? I'm loving it. It's amazing the abuse the bikes take thru the hoops.

I remember when I first started racing and my dad told me he hears all the fast guys get on the gas earlier in the corner. And I said yeah, that's true but some of what you're hearing is clutch slippage to get the revs up and he didn't believe me. Then last night they showed Barcia and Seely feathering the clutch out of a tight 180 and I said SEE!

Lovin it, thanks FS1
|
Big Lenny
1/12/2014 11:46am
Between SX/MX the only sport that comes close to pure beauty is probably football in super slowmo...
MotoX85
1/12/2014 11:46am
Your dad argues with a LLynn's A class winner. Tell him I have a shirt for him, it says "the older I get, the faster I was"

Joking of course!

Digging it myself, been using it as a tool to show my son some lines and finesse. Showed him the slow-mo of Reed going around the corner where he barely raises his leg to miss a tough block then compressing his body into the face of a triple to scrub heigth, love it!!!
MotoX85
1/12/2014 11:48am
Big Lenny wrote:
Between SX/MX the only sport that comes close to pure beauty is probably football in super slowmo...
Not.

Motorcycle road racing around the corners comes to mind, not a big street bike fan though, but those fairings a 1/4 inch from the ground and then actually having to lift there knees in the corners blows my mind

The Shop

Big Lenny
1/12/2014 11:53am
Big Lenny wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
Not. Motorcycle road racing around the corners comes to mind, not a big street bike fan though, but those fairings a 1/4 inch from the ground...
Not.

Motorcycle road racing around the corners comes to mind, not a big street bike fan though, but those fairings a 1/4 inch from the ground and then actually having to lift there knees in the corners blows my mind
Not ...
The intensity in a Cats eyes as he weaves and spins thru the defense on a TD run is a thing of beauty...
JW381
1/12/2014 11:57am
MotoX85 wrote:
Your dad argues with a LLynn's A class winner. Tell him I have a shirt for him, it says "the older I get, the faster I...
Your dad argues with a LLynn's A class winner. Tell him I have a shirt for him, it says "the older I get, the faster I was"

Joking of course!

Digging it myself, been using it as a tool to show my son some lines and finesse. Showed him the slow-mo of Reed going around the corner where he barely raises his leg to miss a tough block then compressing his body into the face of a triple to scrub heigth, love it!!!
Is that a Justin Weeks joke? Haha

I was so blown away the first time I learned about Weeks. Same name, same initials, same riding number, and he's like a day older than me. He had me on speed, I guess haha
Tumblin
1/12/2014 12:23pm
It sheds much more light on the difficulty of our sport for those not in the know. Very cool tool, plus great visually.

As far other sports that stand up to the test, downhill ski racers.
JW381
1/12/2014 12:37pm
Tumblin wrote:
It sheds much more light on the difficulty of our sport for those not in the know. Very cool tool, plus great visually. As far other...
It sheds much more light on the difficulty of our sport for those not in the know. Very cool tool, plus great visually.

+1 on the ski racers. I rarely ever see that shit, but the slow-mo shows how insane it is.
Big Lenny
1/12/2014 12:38pm
Tumblin wrote:
It sheds much more light on the difficulty of our sport for those not in the know. Very cool tool, plus great visually. As far other...

Downhill ski racers are cool...This too... ame>
JW381
1/12/2014 12:41pm
I don't know what costs are involved in having the super slow-mo on hand, but I'm glad we're getting it with Fox. It's been awesome so far and I'm sure before the season is over there's going to be a shot or two that absolutely blow our minds.
Barrett57
1/12/2014 1:07pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Not. Motorcycle road racing around the corners comes to mind, not a big street bike fan though, but those fairings a 1/4 inch from the ground...
Not.

The Isle of man TT is pretty cool in slow motion. One mistake and you die.

https://youtu.be/so2vrNb9YSI
1/12/2014 3:00pm
Slo most is GREAT. I was surprised when the showed the slo-mo of Weimer in the whoops...they did not even comment when he missed one with the front...which can spell disaster...but he tapped with the rear...and kept front even and tapped on the next one...and just kept trucking....
1/12/2014 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2014 3:16pm
Tumblin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewAGhogItcw

3:07 most epic...

Little known fact...in addition to being awesome ski racers in the 70s-80s....the Mahre twins also rode MX pretty well. It was an integral part of their summer training...

Steve Mahre -

“I started riding motocross at age 18. Before that, my dad wouldn’t let us ride, but when I turned 18 he said go out and buy one. Two years later I had two bad knees. It’s something I love doing and I got away from it for about 10 years, but then my son wanted to play with it some. I said that if he is going to ride, I’m going to ride again. Been back at it for about the last 15 to 20 years.”

“Phil and I raced in the summer months to stay sharp and stay in the competitive mind-set of ‘I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go.’ And the physical aspect of it, it is so much more demanding than skiing—you have to be in shape to ride motocross.”

“During our ski racing career, our team pretty much frowned upon us with regard to our dirt bike riding in the summer months. I was on the U.S. Ski Team for 10 years and had six knee injuries, and those originated from dirt bike riding. They didn’t like it, but they knew that if they tried to tell us we couldn’t ride a dirt bike, Phil and I would have said we were done with ski racing. Skiing was not my entire life and dirt bike riding was part of my life as well.”

Super cool anecdote....
bonafide
1/12/2014 3:41pm
Tumblin wrote:

Big Lenny wrote:
Downhill ski racers are cool...This too... ame>
I love that!
Socket946
1/12/2014 3:49pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Motogp and F1.
BS12
1/13/2014 8:02am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 8:03am
+1 for drag racing. Top Fuel in super slow-mo is incredible:

jasonv43
1/13/2014 8:28am
Agreed.

I think from hear on out we should just do everything in slow motion.
enketchum
1/13/2014 11:16am
It's great but they need to show racing during the race. Not slow mo shots. Save those for the down time between races
Tumblin
1/13/2014 11:18am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewAGhogItcw 3:07 most epic... Little known fact...in addition to being awesome ski racers in the 70s-80s....the Mahre twins also rode MX pretty well. It was an...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewAGhogItcw

3:07 most epic...

Little known fact...in addition to being awesome ski racers in the 70s-80s....the Mahre twins also rode MX pretty well. It was an integral part of their summer training...

Steve Mahre -

“I started riding motocross at age 18. Before that, my dad wouldn’t let us ride, but when I turned 18 he said go out and buy one. Two years later I had two bad knees. It’s something I love doing and I got away from it for about 10 years, but then my son wanted to play with it some. I said that if he is going to ride, I’m going to ride again. Been back at it for about the last 15 to 20 years.”

“Phil and I raced in the summer months to stay sharp and stay in the competitive mind-set of ‘I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go.’ And the physical aspect of it, it is so much more demanding than skiing—you have to be in shape to ride motocross.”

“During our ski racing career, our team pretty much frowned upon us with regard to our dirt bike riding in the summer months. I was on the U.S. Ski Team for 10 years and had six knee injuries, and those originated from dirt bike riding. They didn’t like it, but they knew that if they tried to tell us we couldn’t ride a dirt bike, Phil and I would have said we were done with ski racing. Skiing was not my entire life and dirt bike riding was part of my life as well.”

Super cool anecdote....
I got to visit with the Mahre Bro and also Daron Rahles at Hangtown's Cross over challenge. Those guys are racers through and through, that quote Steve used "I gotta go, I gotta go, gotta go" is right on. Maybe DeCoster should get Dungee lined up for some gates?
uk125250
1/13/2014 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2014 12:03pm
Everything looks awesome in super slo mo with good cameras.
JW381
1/13/2014 1:53pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Agreed.

I think from hear on out we should just do everything in slow motion.
JW381 wrote:
I can't quite here what you're saying?

https://youtu.be/hJsvecIzjXA
That's one of the funniest clips I've ever seen. I have that episode saved on my DVR.
Hell yeah man! "Me so horny"

Post a reply to: Super Slow-Mo

The Latest