Such a momentum killer.

kongols
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 9:11am
So bummed for Stewart. He got everything going again, looked so good. Damn...
He pretty much cornered himself. He needs to string together multiple wins to have a shot at title. Outcome doesn`t look so bright but hope dies last.BlushSadCoolEvil
|
yzjs7
2/23/2014 1:25am
Stay positive my friend. He's still badass and will come back swinging.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
2/23/2014 1:26am
Seriously bummed here too. Booooo! Looked great all day and was in the perfect position... Oh what could have been stew!
TDeath21
2/23/2014 1:50am
This track had his name written all over it. That was definitely his race to win. I was a bit surprised he took so long to get going and only got to 11th.
2/23/2014 5:38am
kongols wrote:
So bummed for Stewart. He got everything going again, looked so good. Damn... He pretty much cornered himself. He needs to string together multiple wins to...
He pretty much cornered himself. He needs to string together multiple wins to have a shot at title. Outcome doesn`t look so bright but hope dies last.BlushSadCoolEvil
Very bad luck.... the same fall further into the race would have meant a couple positions instead of dead last. He'll be back on the podium next saturday.

The Shop

rcm406
2/23/2014 5:47am
Did he hurt himself? He got up really slow and struggled to get that 11th. Hopefully it was just a bent up bike.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
2/23/2014 5:48am
Uphill battle for Stewy now. It's hard to imagine Poto having a meltdown and a bad race.
wydopen
2/23/2014 5:50am
Such a bummer..

I was thinking that they were going to jinx him...they kept going on and on about how it would be 3wins in a row...

I wonder if he switched up the front tire for the main...he looked like he was a little more cautious than I would expect the first few turns..I just hope he's not hurt..
zook11
2/23/2014 6:02am
You knew it was coming we are talking about James Stewart.
downard254
2/23/2014 6:02am
Luckily for Stewart, Kroc will keep RV on his toes and pushing. If Kenny wasn't in the picture, RV would be in cruise mode. Mistakes may still come from their fight thus opening the door for Stewie to get back in the fight, but damn, that's a steep hill in front of him now. And a little greasy too.
kongols
2/23/2014 7:09am
zook11 wrote:
Get a fuck out of my thread you fucking POS!
bama205
2/23/2014 7:14am
zook11 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Are you James's godparent or something? WTH
sharkey
2/23/2014 7:37am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2014 7:39am
luckily for rv his competition seems to be coming apart. this year. RV seems a bit off lately. wish james had a better night last night and Kenny seems to be the only one in sight right now that could really take this thing away from RV
THEGOAT
2/23/2014 7:54am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2014 7:55am
There's nothing luckily about it, this is what Ryan Villopoto does every year, rides fast and wins races and when he has a bad night he minimizes the damage by staying in the top 5 and getting points. RV probably studied Ricky Carmichael on how to win Championships, problem is Ken Roczen has been doing the same thing and learning from RV and that's why he's the only guy in contention for the title this year, the rest of the field is falling apart and losing ground
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/23/2014 8:03am
Bummer for James, hopefully Kenny can keep the points close.
2/23/2014 8:25am
zook11 wrote:
The winner of the last two rounds falls and goes from 2nd to dead last on the first lap, of course it's going to be mentioned.

Stewart will push hard to win - too hard some times. That's why I like him.

Unfortunately, backing it off a notch and riding more cautiously can pay off better in terms of the point standings if you can do it consistently.

If Stewart had just cruised behind Roczen and accepted 2nd place in Round 1 like RV would have done, he would be a close second in the points today, just 4 points behind RV.

But JS7 don't roll like that!
pelted
2/23/2014 8:27am
Tough thing them crashes...have that convincing effect of killing momentum in more ways than one.
Sully22
2/23/2014 8:29am
kongols wrote:
So bummed for Stewart. He got everything going again, looked so good. Damn... He pretty much cornered himself. He needs to string together multiple wins to...
For sure! Love to see this guy string together a run of W's....
Seamorbutts
2/23/2014 8:33am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2014 8:41am
zook11 wrote:
kongols wrote:
LMAO, get him!!! When Stewart went down, I yelled "fuck" so loud my son came running out of his room, and he never leaves in the middle of a XBOX game. After that, I couldn't watch the rest of the race, so I went and had some angry sex.. That part was awesome...Lol
pilotdude
2/23/2014 8:39am
Man Kongols, I kinda feel bad for telling you to watch ALL the laps now. Did you? We've got to take the good with the bad...it is what makes the whole thing so darn fun!
stewie94
2/23/2014 8:43am
james just needs to keep fighting , anything can happen at anytime
jeffro503
2/23/2014 8:57am
Damn it.....I hope I don't get flamed for saying this , but I probably will.........

I kind of saw it coming last night before the gate even fell for the main. Why?

1.) He looked good and fast in practice.....but as the heats came on , he started to look a little sketchy and Hahn actually kept him honest all the way to the flag. Actually reeled him in a few different times and not just on the last lap.

2.) It looked like the track was starting to go away , and by the way the 250 guys were going all out like a bunch of bat shit crazy teenagers .....I kind of had a feeling "someone " was going to go down in the 450's as well.

3.) When the main started and I saw James get into the lead , and how fast the competition was.....I KNEW he was going to have to push it to the ragged edge to either win or get inside the top 3.

Once James got into the lead.....i knew one of two things was going to happen.
A.) his comp was either going to eat shit behind him while trying to move up.
b) he was going to eat shit by trying to run that pace on that track.

To me......his bike setup looked off or "something " in that heat with Hahn. And if it was setup anything like that in the main , he was going to have issues if he tried to push it. BUT....I applaud him for going for it.......but it should have been a night where he just should of stettled in and took whatever he could get without going down.

Sorry if that stings a little. But I don't think " he had it in the bag "....with that good start. He only got to lead 1 lap if I remember right.

On another note :......How about Kenny? Sheeesh , the kid is riding about as good as a rookie possibly could! Kid is the real deal and has a bright future here in the states for sure!
DownSouth
2/23/2014 9:30am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2014 9:32am
jeffro503 wrote:
Damn it.....I hope I don't get flamed for saying this , but I probably will......... I kind of saw it coming last night before the gate...
Damn it.....I hope I don't get flamed for saying this , but I probably will.........

1.) He looked good and fast in practice.....but as the heats came on , he started to look a little sketchy and Hahn actually kept him honest all the way to the flag. Actually reeled him in a few different times and not just on the last lap.

2.) It looked like the track was starting to go away , and by the way the 250 guys were going all out like a bunch of bat shit crazy teenagers .....I kind of had a feeling "someone " was going to go down in the 450's as well.

3.) When the main started and I saw James get into the lead , and how fast the competition was.....I KNEW he was going to have to push it to the ragged edge to either win or get inside the top 3.

To me......his bike setup looked off or "something " in that heat with Hahn. And if it was setup anything like that in the main , he was going to have issues if he tried to push it. BUT....I applaud him for going for it.......but it should have been a night where he just should of stettled in and took whatever he could get without going down.

Sorry if that stings a little. But I don't think " he had it in the bag "....with that good start. He only got to lead 1 lap if I remember right.

On another note :......How about Kenny? Sheeesh , the kid is riding about as good as a rookie possibly could! Kid is the real deal and has a bright future here in the states for sure!
Stewart never had the lead in the main. Alessi holeshot and James crashed approximately 1 min into the race before they had run 1 full lap. Alessi led until Roczen passed him.
jmx411
2/23/2014 9:37am
rcm406 wrote:
Did he hurt himself? He got up really slow and struggled to get that 11th. Hopefully it was just a bent up bike.
It was a very hard track to pass and add the fact it was getting slick I think he just tried to get as many positions as possible and not fall again
JW381
2/23/2014 9:52am
I'm pretty bummed too, those little mistakes are so costly, especially in the opening laps
jeffro503
2/23/2014 10:04am
jeffro503 wrote:
Damn it.....I hope I don't get flamed for saying this , but I probably will......... I kind of saw it coming last night before the gate...

DownSouth wrote:
Stewart never had the lead in the main. Alessi holeshot and James crashed approximately 1 min into the race before they had run 1 full lap...
Stewart never had the lead in the main. Alessi holeshot and James crashed approximately 1 min into the race before they had run 1 full lap. Alessi led until Roczen passed him.
My bad DS! I haven't re-watched the whole race this morning....and last night I was about 3 sheets to the wind by the time the main came rolling around.. I did re-watch the heats and semi's though. Everything else I said above is still pretty much spot on from what I saw anyways.
pilotdude
2/23/2014 11:14am
Remember when James did this in support of Japan after the tsunami?

I do.

2/23/2014 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2014 12:42pm
TDeath21 wrote:
This track had his name written all over it. That was definitely his race to win. I was a bit surprised he took so long to...
This track had his name written all over it. That was definitely his race to win. I was a bit surprised he took so long to get going and only got to 11th.
I do not know why everyone is saying Stew had it in the bag. He was not strong in his heat race, and even said he rode tight (slow). The track went dry, and their set up was off. They did not get it fixed for the main....he could not run in the 52's. Go look at the segment times vs the other guys in his short period. Look at his times later in the race when not in traffic. He was headed for a P4 finish last night, best case. That is why RV is in the lead. When he has a race where P4 is the best he is going to get...he GETS the P4. James has been trying to do take this approach this year (he's different" Matthes said), but it looks to me like a few wins and a dose of (over) confidence...and old James is back.

It also goes to show how important set up is today...and the fact that Yosh and James are still not on the level of RV when it comes to adjusting for the changes in the track 3 hours after practice. RV sucked in practice...but they got it fixed by the heat and main. James dialed for practice...and missed the set up for drier conditions. Exactly what he said he did NOT want to do this year. Then he did what Big James always tells him NOT to do...he over rode it and made a mistake.
Hank_Thrill
2/23/2014 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2014 12:41pm
I feel ya, man...

I was hoping to see him make a run for the title. Hopefully, Kenny can pressure RV into a 20 point mistake. I'm feeling very unmotivated to watch supercross after last night.
philG
2/23/2014 12:40pm
Stewart made a small mistake on a freshly graded corner, wasnt a meltdown , or a wipeout , so i dont think he will worry , but it did surprise me that he didnt come through better.
2/23/2014 12:43pm
philG wrote:
Stewart made a small mistake on a freshly graded corner, wasnt a meltdown , or a wipeout , so i dont think he will worry...
Stewart made a small mistake on a freshly graded corner, wasnt a meltdown , or a wipeout , so i dont think he will worry , but it did surprise me that he didnt come through better.
He didn't come through better because he was not on point. He had P4 speed last night. You could see in his heat that the track went away from them...and the main was the same.

Post a reply to: Such a momentum killer.

The Latest