Stuff to check out in the Washougal area?

visser62
7/21/2014 10:31pm
For any mountain bikers, there are some amazing trails around. I would totally be down to show people around some trails.
BevoDave
7/22/2014 12:04am
Mt. Hood from Powell Butte in Portland

The Rock
7/22/2014 2:01am
JW381 wrote:
Some stuff you probably don't have in Vegas: Voodoo Doughnuts (shit'll blow your mind) and Dutch Bros Coffee. Then just hang ten on the Columbia or...
Some stuff you probably don't have in Vegas: Voodoo Doughnuts (shit'll blow your mind) and Dutch Bros Coffee. Then just hang ten on the Columbia or one of the other outdoor spots mentioned above. Go to the PIR race if you can. You'll have as much fun as Washougal, I reckon. There's some cool beaches about an hour to 90 minutes from Portland.
Astoria Justin? I spent a few nights there in June of 2012 and went out to the coast and saw this insane bird migration landing deal on the beach. It was like something out of the birds.

JW381
7/22/2014 8:19am
JW381 wrote:
Some stuff you probably don't have in Vegas: Voodoo Doughnuts (shit'll blow your mind) and Dutch Bros Coffee. Then just hang ten on the Columbia or...
Some stuff you probably don't have in Vegas: Voodoo Doughnuts (shit'll blow your mind) and Dutch Bros Coffee. Then just hang ten on the Columbia or one of the other outdoor spots mentioned above. Go to the PIR race if you can. You'll have as much fun as Washougal, I reckon. There's some cool beaches about an hour to 90 minutes from Portland.
The Rock wrote:
Astoria Justin? I spent a few nights there in June of 2012 and went out to the coast and saw this insane bird migration landing deal...
Astoria Justin? I spent a few nights there in June of 2012 and went out to the coast and saw this insane bird migration landing deal on the beach. It was like something out of the birds.

That's definitely one of the spots I had in mind!

The Shop

pete24
7/22/2014 10:17am
we went in 2000 snowboarded in 80 degree weather, you got to go early lifts close at one i think
kuskokwim
7/22/2014 10:22am
To see some of the unique natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest, drive the Historic Columbia River Highway on Sunday:
Some of the previously posted pictures are from this drive.
Historic Highway
If you have time, take the Mount Hood Loop and visit Timberline Lodge, a Great Depression WPA project. Almost everything was made or built by hand, fabrics, hardware, etc.:

Used for the exterior lodge shots in the movie The Shining.
Tim507
7/22/2014 11:50am
pete24 wrote:
we went in 2000 snowboarded in 80 degree weather, you got to go early lifts close at one i think
That would be the Palmer Glacier.....the snow starts turns to much about mid-day. I have had some real fun up there for about 2 hours.....one day on the chair I sat down next to Picaboo Street.......
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/22/2014 12:25pm
Bunk sandwiches and Stumptown coffee.

Portland is a fund city to kick around in if you like kicking around in cities.

There must be some kind of beer and/or other stuff going on this weekend, because hotels and rental car are ridiculous for this weekend.
The Rock
7/22/2014 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 2:16pm
Portland is a popular destination for tourists of all shapes and sizes in the summer months. Longest lines I have ever seen at rental car counters was at the Portland airport the first time I flew in on Saturday for Washougal in 95. I was pumped I was National Emerald Aisle at that time so didn't have to wait.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/22/2014 3:24pm
Bunk sandwiches and Stumptown coffee. Portland is a fund city to kick around in if you like kicking around in cities. There must be some kind...

There must be some kind of beer and/or other stuff going on this weekend, because hotels and rental car are ridiculous for this weekend.
Yeah, I just checked into a last minute trip up for the race, and I am going to have to pass. Love Portland though.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
7/22/2014 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 3:29pm
Bunk sandwiches and Stumptown coffee. Portland is a fund city to kick around in if you like kicking around in cities. There must be some kind...

Motley Crue & Alice Cooper are playing a show in the area Saturday night also.
http://clarkcountyamphitheatre.org/Events.php?search_text=Sleep+Country…
Whitey
7/22/2014 6:09pm

avidchimp wrote:
Yeah, I just checked into a last minute trip up for the race, and I am going to have to pass. Love Portland though.
I am finding this the case also, just going to have to suck it up unfortunately.
Sawfish
7/22/2014 6:45pm
Can anyone point me to a schedule for Thursday nights PIR race? Would love to check it out but probably wouldn't be able to make it there before 9 PM.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
7/22/2014 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 7:02pm
Sawfish wrote:
Can anyone point me to a schedule for Thursday nights PIR race? Would love to check it out but probably wouldn't be able to make it...
Can anyone point me to a schedule for Thursday nights PIR race? Would love to check it out but probably wouldn't be able to make it there before 9 PM.
I haven't seen a schedule.
Gates Open at 3PM practice at 4:15 is all I've seen..
I assume racing starts at maybe 7PM?
Ummm...getting there at 9PM you might still make it for the main.
You might even get in for free showing up that late.
Back in the day they used to stop charging after a certain time.

Here's the add for it.

FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
7/22/2014 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2014 8:13pm
Sully22 wrote:
Is Weston racing PIR thus year?
Not sure.
I'd be surprised if he did it this year.
I'm in the thinking he's top 7 (I think) in points right now....I doubt he would risk doing an off race.
Probably will be concentrating/focusing on the National.
Looks like they used him just for the add as the defending champ is what I'm assuming.

visser62
7/22/2014 9:56pm

The Portland Brewfest is going on all week through Sunday. Something I would definitely suggest to any visitors that want to sample the best microbrews in the world!
Sully22
7/22/2014 10:25pm
Sully22 wrote:
Is Weston racing PIR thus year?
FastEddy wrote:
Not sure. I'd be surprised if he did it this year. I'm in the thinking he's top 7 (I think) in points right now....I doubt he...
Not sure.
I'd be surprised if he did it this year.
I'm in the thinking he's top 7 (I think) in points right now....I doubt he would risk doing an off race.
Probably will be concentrating/focusing on the National.
Looks like they used him just for the add as the defending champ is what I'm assuming.

Kinda what I was thinking as well...not sure rch would risk having him do a one off for some prize money. Would be WAY friggin cool if he was though!
Tracktor
7/23/2014 10:15am
Sawfish wrote:
Can anyone point me to a schedule for Thursday nights PIR race? Would love to check it out but probably wouldn't be able to make it...
They run a 1 moto format instaed of the usual 2 motos of amateurs with the pro races mixed in at times. Pro main will be last and they shut down at 10 (or so) so you would at least see that race. Running a whip contest this year also. BQ & Hanny are supposed to show........
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
7/23/2014 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 5:04pm
Oh and LOL . Smile
If anyone wants to experience purchasing legal weed while they are in Washington for the National.
(I'd assume some will)
Here's the addy of the 2 shops in Southwest Washington - driving distance from Washougal/PDX area.
Just keep in mind,when you take it out of the State - you can get into trouble in the bordering States and so on...
You cant smoke it in public and you have to be at least be 21yo to purchase it - just like with booze.

Main Street Marijuana
2314 Main St. Vancouver,Wa
(downtown Vancouver not far from Hwy 14 & the I-5 Bridge)

New Vansterdam
6515 E. Mill Plain Blvd Vancouver,Wa
(a bit closer to Washougal - in between I-205 & I-5 )

Josh422
7/23/2014 5:09pm

9pm is just enough time to see the main. Conditions will be questionable at this point. I would assume some of the higher profile riders might shy away from it due to the recent weather. Although, they might think that other riders are thinking that and race for that reason... ha!
steve_97060
7/23/2014 6:56pm
BevoDave wrote:
Mt. Hood from Powell Butte in Portland [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/22/60596/s1200_Mt._Hood_from_Powell_Butte.jpg[/img]
Mt. Hood from Powell Butte in Portland

we grew up riding our dirt bikes there for years, we had so many different tracks up there it was amazing..

Post a reply to: Stuff to check out in the Washougal area?

The Latest