Stroupe on DMXS last night

kyle43mx
Edited Date/Time 5/14/2016 7:50am
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone listened to the show last night and if it was any good? I checked this morning and they haven't posted the archive link for some reason, but I am like most people really interested in hearing this story.
|
davistld01
5/12/2016 7:07am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 7:12am
Didn't listen, but I'm all in for a guy who has the nuts to be transparent about his problem, to own his mistakes and failures...and is focused on leaving the addicted life behind and getting things back on track. I wish him well. I can relate to hanging around the wrong people at the wrong time, and getting involved with some bad stuff you never imagined you'd be involved with.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/12/2016 7:09am
davistld01 wrote:
Didn't listen, but I'm all in for a guy who has the nuts to be transparent about his problem, to own his mistakes and failures...and is...
Didn't listen, but I'm all in for a guy who has the nuts to be transparent about his problem, to own his mistakes and failures...and is focused on leaving the addicted life behind and getting things back on track. I wish him well. I can relate to hanging around the wrong people at the wrong time, and getting involved with some bad stuff you never imagined you'd be involved with.
Amen to that bro.

I wish him well too. Super talented rider.
David Izer
5/12/2016 7:15am
The demand shut down the server. It will be up shortly.

It was an amazing interview that coincided with the article dropping yesterday on Racer X Digital about his long battle with drug addiction.

Austin bravely took us on his dark path from prescription drug addiction to heroin.

We've known Austin since he was 10-years-old and it was good to hear he is doing well in his recovery and looking forward with new goals.

mb60
5/12/2016 7:18am
Would anybody know when the magazine article will hit the stands with the Stroupe interview ? Have always been a fan of his and would like to see him beat the addiction.

The Shop

Jimmy_Sloan
5/12/2016 7:36am
mb60 wrote:
Would anybody know when the magazine article will hit the stands with the Stroupe interview ? Have always been a fan of his and would like...
Would anybody know when the magazine article will hit the stands with the Stroupe interview ? Have always been a fan of his and would like to see him beat the addiction.
See here.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/12/2016 7:39am
mb60 wrote:
Would anybody know when the magazine article will hit the stands with the Stroupe interview ? Have always been a fan of his and would like...
See here.
I love you Jimmy Sloan.
Jimmy_Sloan
5/12/2016 8:00am
mb60 wrote:
See here.
UpTiTe wrote:
I love you Jimmy Sloan.
I know. Laughing
rosebud441
5/12/2016 8:28am
Oak Harbor sits on a a big rocky island in Puget Sound, Beautiful place surrounded by trees, rock and water, oh and home to a pretty cool little MX track.. No wonder jimmy's happy
andymoto
5/12/2016 1:25pm
Excellent. Appreciate his being open very much. Never was much of fan of his, but after this, I'm rooting for Austin. Thanks for the link.
Kyle978
5/12/2016 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 4:16pm
One of the rarest traits in people is being able to face the repercussions of their actions. Austin didn't have to do this, and the fact he chose to says a lot and gives me hope he's gonna beat the addiction. I truly respect him and wish him the best. I have a couple buddies fighting the same fight and they haven't been able to swallow their pride and admit their wrongs. I hope they see this and it inspires.

Much love, Austin.
jeffro503
5/12/2016 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 4:22pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Oak Harbor sits on a a big rocky island in Puget Sound, Beautiful place surrounded by trees, rock and water, oh and home to a pretty...
Oak Harbor sits on a a big rocky island in Puget Sound, Beautiful place surrounded by trees, rock and water, oh and home to a pretty cool little MX track.. No wonder jimmy's happy
I'm listening. What is this track you speak of? Spit it out!

@rosebud441.....just curious , but is your dad's name Dan?

And @ Austin.....Good luck my man , and stay strong!
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
5/12/2016 4:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm listening. What is this track you speak of? Spit it out! @rosebud441.....just curious , but is your dad's name Dan? And @ Austin.....Good luck my...
I'm listening. What is this track you speak of? Spit it out!

@rosebud441.....just curious , but is your dad's name Dan?

And @ Austin.....Good luck my man , and stay strong!
Jeffro, the track is called Oak Harbor mx.
hvaughn88
5/12/2016 7:22pm
Haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but I did get to listen to the DMXS. Wow! That was incredible. I'm pulling for Austin. I've never met him, but he was so open and seemed so honest that I feel like I'm wanting to see a friend succeed. I know there will be probably still be some rocky roads ahead, but I want to see him pull through and become a better person for it.
mb60
5/12/2016 8:17pm
Just listened to DMXS and have to say great job for Stroupe so far. To hear him on the Pulp show before the arrest and now is like night and day, Always will cheer for somebody who just wants to get better in life period. Love how he said that the reason he was not racing is because he was not with a clear mind. Said there more then racing right now so congrats to him and him overcoming addiction. I hope whatever he chooses for the future with racing or life that continues to stay clean and sober.
Project 2501
Fantasy
394th
5/12/2016 9:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 9:28pm
look forward to the magazine. I know addiction issues on the internet are polarizing. Similar stigma around depression. it's hard, i'd much rather have cancer then addiction. Because Cancer doesn't keep convincing you that you want it. And when you're fighting with cancer, people come to your side. When your fighting addiction, people call you weak, a loser, has been, etc.. etc..

Lost family to both and it's lame. The barrel of guilt and sadness we fill in it's wake is hard to cope with and leads to lots of reflection.

/end rant.

Best of luck to AS.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/13/2016 6:12am
look forward to the magazine. I know addiction issues on the internet are polarizing. Similar stigma around depression. it's hard, i'd much rather have cancer then...
look forward to the magazine. I know addiction issues on the internet are polarizing. Similar stigma around depression. it's hard, i'd much rather have cancer then addiction. Because Cancer doesn't keep convincing you that you want it. And when you're fighting with cancer, people come to your side. When your fighting addiction, people call you weak, a loser, has been, etc.. etc..

Lost family to both and it's lame. The barrel of guilt and sadness we fill in it's wake is hard to cope with and leads to lots of reflection.

/end rant.

Best of luck to AS.
Well said!
gharmon
5/13/2016 6:39am
David Izer wrote:
The demand shut down the server. It will be up shortly. It was an amazing interview that coincided with the article dropping yesterday on Racer X...
The demand shut down the server. It will be up shortly.

It was an amazing interview that coincided with the article dropping yesterday on Racer X Digital about his long battle with drug addiction.

Austin bravely took us on his dark path from prescription drug addiction to heroin.

We've known Austin since he was 10-years-old and it was good to hear he is doing well in his recovery and looking forward with new goals.

No disrespect and I pray the kid can keep it straight but wasn't it less than a month ago that he was arrest yet again of drug charges? Man have drugs fucked up our young people. I thank god everyday that I had an uncle that was a crack head. Yeah, I know, bad for him especially since he died in prison from aids complicated issues at the ripe old age of 33.

As a kid coming of age in the 80's crack was a big thing then (kind of like meth now a days) I knew that road he was taking wasn't for me. I knew he loved his kids but he just could not ever lose that wild hair. He would do good for a few months then be down go off on a binge all the time as his wife and kids stood hopelessly watching!!

We pulling for ya Stroupe.
5/13/2016 7:36am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2016 7:37am
I can appreciate what Austin has been through but I am a little confused why he is being treated like a hero. He is getting a shitload of media attention and praise, for being an addict and getting arrested.

What about all the racers that have overcome all kinds of things, and didn't become addicts? I am sure there a million amazing stories out there. But they aren't getting huge magazine features, interviews etc.
I think it's our fascination with people that fall off the pedestals we put them on. And I understand that people are trying to put attention on the issue of opiate abuse, but this all seems a bit overboard.
(things like an article about writing the article, and interviewing the guy that did the interview etc.)
hvaughn88
5/13/2016 7:55am
I can appreciate what Austin has been through but I am a little confused why he is being treated like a hero. He is getting a...
I can appreciate what Austin has been through but I am a little confused why he is being treated like a hero. He is getting a shitload of media attention and praise, for being an addict and getting arrested.

What about all the racers that have overcome all kinds of things, and didn't become addicts? I am sure there a million amazing stories out there. But they aren't getting huge magazine features, interviews etc.
I think it's our fascination with people that fall off the pedestals we put them on. And I understand that people are trying to put attention on the issue of opiate abuse, but this all seems a bit overboard.
(things like an article about writing the article, and interviewing the guy that did the interview etc.)
I get what you're saying, but I think it's one of those deals where a cautionary tale might be more successful than just giving advice.
5/14/2016 3:14am
It is an amazing interview and I think it's great that he's completely owning it. Get well, Stroupey.
S.Loyer
5/14/2016 5:14am
He sounded much better than he did on Pulp few months back.
5/14/2016 5:54am
S.Loyer wrote:
He sounded much better than he did on Pulp few months back.
Agreed: I thought he sounded good the first time he went on the show (just starting Arenacross) but the second time he came on did not go well. He must have been pretty bad off by then (I guess it's when he was let go, the second time).
davistld01
5/14/2016 7:23am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2016 7:23am
I can appreciate what Austin has been through but I am a little confused why he is being treated like a hero. He is getting a...

I don't see any of the comments here as glorifying Austin or making him into some kind of "hero" at all. I see his coming forth & being open about his personal struggle as a message to those in our sport who are going through the same ordeal. It's the same way recovering alcoholics testify of their stories at an AA/CA/NA/whatever-A meetings. It's to give those who are addicted a vision of hope that they can get clean/sober too..and actually be successful at staying that way. That takes a lot of balls really...because with that transparency comes the publicity if there is a relapse. I give the kid props for taking the chance. If it makes him stronger, and if his story leads to even one other racer getting sober...it's all worth it.

rcannon
5/14/2016 7:50am

There are all kinds of interesting stories. Im sure AC could write a book on dealing with his shoulder issues. This story is way more interesting.

The reason is, at some point Stroupe had a choice, and its strange and uncomfortable when someone makes the wrong one.

Post a reply to: Stroupe on DMXS last night

The Latest