Stroupe? Don't know if its true

de883zx
Edited Date/Time 4/4/2016 12:47pm

Hope it's not true? Was forwarded to me. Haven't seen anything.
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
3/14/2016 2:08pm
That's not so good...
3/14/2016 2:11pm
Ruining people lives for half an ounce of weed.
No wonder why the US has 43 million inmates.

Good job Nixon

The Shop

mxdude105
3/14/2016 2:12pm
harrowguy wrote:

Good job Nixon
And felony heroin possession.
Crush
3/14/2016 2:12pm
Oh dear.

If there is a space I believe the sport could improve it is the collective schooling and pastural care of its up and coming riders...

The injury–painkiller–serious drug and jail time cycle is so common we don't even need to guess if this is true... And when you have a bunch of home-schooled kids going for such a small percentage chance of success it just limits other opportunities and more importantly, their outlook on life.
austin888_99
3/14/2016 2:13pm
harrowguy wrote:

Good job Nixon
The heroin might be an issue also
muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
3/14/2016 2:13pm
harrowguy wrote:

Good job Nixon
I reckon the weed possession wasn't as big of a deal as the heroin possession. Addiction is a motherfu*ker, but the only person ruining Austin's life is looking right back at him in the mirror. Just when things were starting to roll for him too. Bummer.
Cygnus
3/14/2016 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2016 2:17pm
Ahh shit! That's not good. It's all the doctors and government fault. They prsscribe lots of pills and then cut people off of the pills and then they have no where to turn but H and street pills. Time for rehab for AS now. Lots of probation hoops too.
3/14/2016 2:15pm
Crush wrote:
Oh dear. If there is a space I believe the sport could improve it is the collective schooling and pastural care of its up and coming...
Oh dear.

If there is a space I believe the sport could improve it is the collective schooling and pastural care of its up and coming riders...

The injury–painkiller–serious drug and jail time cycle is so common we don't even need to guess if this is true... And when you have a bunch of home-schooled kids going for such a small percentage chance of success it just limits other opportunities and more importantly, their outlook on life.
Exactly, its an all or nothing deal from such a young age.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
3/14/2016 2:17pm
"Don't know if it's true" but post it anyways for the attention ...Pinch
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
3/14/2016 2:23pm
Wow, seriously disappointing. Was hoping the guy could be strong enough to get his act together and come back but I guess he couldn't overcome his addiction. But hey, he's still breathing and he showed he can still ride at a high level. Pulling for him to complete rehab and come back to racing.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/14/2016 2:24pm
Cygnus wrote:
Ahh shit! That's not good. It's all the doctors and government fault. They prsscribe lots of pills and then cut people off of the pills and...
Ahh shit! That's not good. It's all the doctors and government fault. They prsscribe lots of pills and then cut people off of the pills and then they have no where to turn but H and street pills. Time for rehab for AS now. Lots of probation hoops too.
You sound just like one of my family member's with that excuse. Bullshit, it's up to the person to manage their pain and use of the pills. It's not that hard to not take them.
Jmicmoto13
3/14/2016 2:25pm
It's true. I just googled it and there he is, in a recently busted report.
Crush
3/14/2016 2:25pm
Brad460 wrote:
I just looked it up, the information is repeated on some public record sites..
de883zx
3/14/2016 2:26pm
Brad460 wrote:
Innocent till proven guilty correct. Don't you know everything you read on the internet is true?
yzjs7
3/14/2016 2:29pm
Wow what a bummer seemed like he was turning around for the better.
3/14/2016 2:30pm
ML512 wrote:
You sound just like one of my family member's with that excuse. Bullshit, it's up to the person to manage their pain and use of the...
You sound just like one of my family member's with that excuse. Bullshit, it's up to the person to manage their pain and use of the pills. It's not that hard to not take them.
Could have just said "Needs to man up".
The Rock
3/14/2016 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2016 2:33pm
Cygnus wrote:
Ahh shit! That's not good. It's all the doctors and government fault. They prsscribe lots of pills and then cut people off of the pills and...
Don't forget the for profit prisons with bed quotas to fill.

Since 2003 the amount of pain med scripts skyrocketed after some expert promoted oxycodone as excellent for pain management. He omitted how easy to abuse and addictive it is.

The Promotion and Marketing of OxyContin: Commercial Triumph, Public Health Tragedy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2622774/

Thanks Big Pharma

Hut
3/14/2016 2:32pm
Bummer
Jmicmoto13
3/14/2016 2:32pm
ML512 wrote:
You sound just like one of my family member's with that excuse. Bullshit, it's up to the person to manage their pain and use of the...
Could have just said "Needs to man up".
He could have but thats the problem, people don't like to hear it like it is. ML512 was exactly right. Quit blaming other people for your issues. It's BS.
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
3/14/2016 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2016 2:33pm
"Charge 1) Possess Heroin Fel (F), 2) Possess Marijuana Up To 1/2 Oz (M), 3) Possess Drug Paraphernalia (M), 4) Possess Marij Paraphernalia (M), 5) Fail Maintain Lane Control (M), And 6) Fictitious/Expired Registration Plate (M), Description Stroupe, Austin Lee "

How are you in possession of heroin and marijuana and drive a car with expired registration while swerving lanes? That is stupidity at its finest.

Link: http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/criminal/stroupe-austin-lee/#.VucuIfkrK…
The Rock
3/14/2016 2:45pm
Cygnus wrote:
ML512 wrote:
It is easy for you and me not to take them.

Beyond that it depends on whether or not you believe in addictive personality types. In my experience some people cannot control their urges for opiates and alcohol while others obviously can.

I'm not perfect so can accept that others don't possess the same self control over drugs and alcohol that I have. Doesn't make me better or smarter just fortunate.

Hut
3/14/2016 2:46pm
The Rock wrote:
It is easy for you and me not to take them. Beyond that it depends on whether or not you believe in addictive personality types. In...
It is easy for you and me not to take them.

Beyond that it depends on whether or not you believe in addictive personality types. In my experience some people cannot control their urges for opiates and alcohol while others obviously can.

I'm not perfect so can accept that others don't possess the same self control over drugs and alcohol that I have. Doesn't make me better or smarter just fortunate.

I agree, well said.
The Rock
3/14/2016 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2016 2:54pm
iudi2006 wrote:
"Charge 1) Possess Heroin Fel (F), 2) Possess Marijuana Up To 1/2 Oz (M), 3) Possess Drug Paraphernalia (M), 4) Possess Marij Paraphernalia (M), 5) Fail...
"Charge 1) Possess Heroin Fel (F), 2) Possess Marijuana Up To 1/2 Oz (M), 3) Possess Drug Paraphernalia (M), 4) Possess Marij Paraphernalia (M), 5) Fail Maintain Lane Control (M), And 6) Fictitious/Expired Registration Plate (M), Description Stroupe, Austin Lee "

How are you in possession of heroin and marijuana and drive a car with expired registration while swerving lanes? That is stupidity at its finest.

Link: http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/criminal/stroupe-austin-lee/#.VucuIfkrK…
Kelsey Grammar got popped for coke possession after getting pulled over for expired sticker

Friend of mine who has since passed was driving the truck his girlfriend was leasing for him with an expired sticker. Truck got impounded and the story got worse after that.

Moral of the story is people with substance issues are train wrecks that can't address minor responsibilities like having a current registration sticker.

Don't get me started on the stupid stuff as I have to move on as this stirs up a lot of painful memories. Painful remembering that you can't save some people from themselves.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
3/14/2016 2:56pm
When Stroupe said on the pulpmx show in a round about way that things with Husky AX ride was getting too serious and wanted to slow this comeback down a bit and maybe look at the laid back Cdn nationals - I thought sounded strange.

kijen
3/14/2016 3:05pm
Cygnus wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Don't forget the for profit prisons with bed quotas to fill. Since 2003 the amount of pain med scripts skyrocketed after some expert promoted oxycodone as...
Don't forget the for profit prisons with bed quotas to fill.

Since 2003 the amount of pain med scripts skyrocketed after some expert promoted oxycodone as excellent for pain management. He omitted how easy to abuse and addictive it is.

The Promotion and Marketing of OxyContin: Commercial Triumph, Public Health Tragedy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2622774/

Thanks Big Pharma

yeah it's the prison's or societies fault....they made him race, the made him crash, they made him take drugs, all to fill beds in prison...wow! I know you were just throwing stuff out there, BUT everybody makes their decision, 99% of people are in jail because they broke the law. Now if you tell me that you run a halfway house and spend all your own money on rehab drug addicts and saving their lives much respect to you, however if you are just blowin wind, blaming society for some dudes wasted life (pro athlete or not). Yeah really dont' care, plenty of people with struggles who are doing the right thing to try and make something of themselves, yep a good motto may be, help yourself before asking for help...

and no I'm not perfect and screwed up plenty like most people, and eventually grew up and took accountability....like most people!

Post a reply to: Stroupe? Don't know if its true

The Latest